Harness Builder Job Description Sample
Wire Harness Assembler
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called "nacelles." UTC Aerospace Systems' Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world's newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we're not stopping there: we're working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we're pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
The Wire Harness Assembler will assembly open and closed bundle wire harnesses and junction boxes to blueprints and specifications
The Wire Harness Assembler shall be responsible for:
Installation of electrical connectors pins and contacts, work with nickel, steel and cooper over braid materials and machines, chafe guards and peek material
Wire lay-up and routing. Installation of DR, sleeving and boots. Application of sealant
Use of an electrical analyzer, computerized identification machines and calibrations tools
Use and read measuring equipment
Perform additional task as required
Work in a team environment, participate in CI
Performs all other duties as assigned
SR Product Engineer - Wire Harness Design
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 234312
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Other Locations: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world's largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers' needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
We are looking for talented Wire Harness Designer who has the motivation and experience that it takes to be a key contributor to newly-developed processes using state of the art tools in a fast-paced work environment.
Design and release wire harness assemblies for new product development using a variety of tools, including Mentor Graphics Capital Harness Systems (CHS), NX, and Teamcenter.
Work with cross-functional teams in Scrums and fast moving Sprint schedules.
Work in the Design Engineering Electrical Engineering Function for the ECAD Department.
Must be self-motivated and take the initiative to assist where help is needed.
Demonstrate Leadership and technical skills associated with the role level.
Candidate will be responsible for all phases of wire harness design.
CHS Logic, HarnessXC, FormboardXC.
Teamcenter data management.
May be required to travel to other sites as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Candidate needs to have a high level of experience in an electromechanical design environment with a heavy concentration in wire harness design and harness system routing.
Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
At least 5 years working in a CAD environment.
At least 3 years with harness design experience, CHS preferred.
Experience with PLM workflows and strong knowledge of design tools such as Teamcenter, NX.
Proficient with NX Routing module.
Working knowledge of IPC-WHMA-A-620.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
This role will require a commitment from the candidate to excel in his/her function and contribute to the design effort by assisting other designers and contributing to the team's knowledge pool.
CHS Design experience is preferred.
Proficient user in Teamcenter Unified Architecture.
Familiar with SAP and Scrum.
Knowledge of mechanical design processes in a medical instrument design environment.
Wiring And Harness Engineer
The Wiring and Harness Engineer is responsible for electrical wiring harness designs across multiple truck brands and across harness families. Emphasis is placed on developing truck knowledge; harness analysis; interaction within department and external organizations, detailed documentation, and report writing.
The main objective is to meet project release schedules for harnesses within a particular truck brand. Other areas include harness cost analysis, complete schematic releases, plant support activities, harness development utilizing Saber, use harness quality tools like FMEA and DFA, and checking work prior to release for 100% accuracy. The best candidate must be proficient in understanding circuit functionality, vehicle functions, wiring harness development tools and processes inside a global engineering environment.
Serves as an engineer with ownership of multiple harness designs
Responsible for harness routing and clipping solutions, with emphasis on harness environment
Ensures design correctness and completeness for wiring harness releases within the area of responsibility
Selects best value wiring harness components based on engineering calculations, using internal and industry-wide design guidelines, and recommended practices, while ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations
Responds to technical reports and provide corrective solutions and recommendations resulting from validation activities
Supports purchasing and product finance organizations as required
Supports wiring harness supplier with implementing and industrializing wiring harness designs for the area of responsibility while implementing changes that will improve material cost, quality and supplier manufacturing processes
Leadership CompetenciesCustomer Focus
Drive for results - Ability to develop project time plan, set goals and milestones and deliver own items accordingly
Priority setting/Ability to perform simultaneously in multiple projects
Team player/Has the ability to cooperate with the project team to meet the established end goal
Communication- communicates clearly and effectively, informs appropriately
Self-improvement and integrity/ Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself/ widely trusted as truthful and direct
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required/ Masters preferred
0-5 years of engineering experience
Automotive, Military, Commercial Vehicle engineering experience is an advantage
Senior Electronics Harness Design Engineer - Cooking Products
Job LocationUSA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting TitleSenior Electronics Harness Design Engineer - Cooking Products
The ChallengeThis Harness Design Engineer role will lead the development of harnesses for Cooking Products. With the many features offered in these new platforms this role will be challenged with finding innovative solutions to meet the product requirements, reliability and design for manufacturability. This role is responsible for development efforts from concept design, prototype design & development, reliability testing and transition to production.
What you will Do
Collaborate with cross-functional teams in Lean development process.
Design full harness including; connector selection, wire types, harness routing, manufacturing process, development of wiring diagrams and development of harness drawings.
Use Six Sigma and reliability engineering methodology to prove and implement the new designs
Build prototype harnesses to prove concept feasibility for design, manufacturability, serviceability, etc.
Collaborate with Controls engineers in EMI product level testing.
Comply with all UL requirements related to harness and connectors.
Coordinate harness fabrication, quality plans and qualification with the selected manufacturer.
Drive connector and harness design standardization across product lines.
BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
Minimum 7 years experience in engineering design for high volume products.
Strong project planning and project leadership skills.
Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a team oriented environment.
Demonstrated initiative, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to travel
What you need to Succeed
Experience in resolving issues regarding EMI/EMC.
Experience in meeting regulatory requirements (UL).
Experience in connector design and qualification.
Proven project management track record on several development projects
Six Sigma certified Green Belt or Black Belt
Experience in Creo schematics
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Senior Software Engineer, Builder Tools And Methods
New York City, New York
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Builder Tools and Methods
We are recruiting Senior Software Engineers to drive software engineering practice improvement initiatives across multiple engineering teams, enabling them to delight customers by building higher quality software, faster.
This team will drive engineering excellence by identifying technologies, building tools, and growing great development and design practices. We will also create tools to help teams and management understand progress and measure success. The mission of this team is simply to build a continuously improving world-class software engineering culture for our company.
• Are you passionate about the practice of software engineering?
• Are you fanatical about large scale, distributed systems the right way?
• Are you a tool builder?
• Do you want to help software engineers to build better quality software faster?
• Do you firmly believe that code talks, and just about anything else walks?
- Hands-on technical leader who brings considerable experience with application-layer development for both web and mobile web applications, using a broad range of technologies.
- Responsible for identifying and building technologies, practices, and tools that enable application builders to build.
- Collaborate with different groups within the organization, identify best practices, and evangelize those across other organizations.
- Conduct demos, training, tech-talks, participate in technical reviews and drive excellence.
- Developing wide range of tools to fetch data from code repositories, generate metrics/graphs and provide valuable analysis.
- Mentor team members within the group.
- You are an engineer’s engineer – a recognized go-to resource for “how to do it right” in software engineering.
- You are high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and adaptive and can work in a dynamic environment.
- You have the skills to take initiative and the self-motivation to drive results.
- You possess strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of a diverse and geographically distributed team.
- You are known for writing crisp and clean documentation.
- You are experienced in distributed system design and implementation, and the ability to ensure high-performance, high-reliability operation of large-scale systems.
- You have Software Engineering expertise in the application of various R&D tools.
- You have experience designing, implementing, and driving quality improvement of large-scale software.
- You have expert level knowledge of software development processes, and you practice Agile at an advanced level.
- You have experience and knowledge of Test Driven and Domain Driven Development (TDD / DDD), including using automated test frameworks (e.g., Junit).
- You have built and debugged J2EE applications on one or more runtime implementations such as WebSphere, Jboss, or Tomcat.
- You are a highly proficient Java developer with solid foundations in Java language philosophy and JVM implementations.
- You have experience with development of large scale distributed systems including consensus mechanisms, partitioning and sharding, and reliability engineering.
- You are an experienced user or one or more Application Lifecycle Management tools (e.g., Rally, Jira).
- You are a Git expert, and have experience with one or more SCM hosting tools such as GitHub or BitBucket.
- You are experienced with DevOps, and test automation.
- You are experienced with CI/CD, and even better you have built CI/CD tools and pipelines.
Product Builder III Job
Date: Oct 22, 2018
Location:Campbell, CA, US, 95008
Company: Boston Scientific
Additional Locations: (n/a)
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we're solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we're one global team committed to making a difference in people's lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life's work.
- Qualified candidate identified
Product Builder III
About the role:
- Under minimal supervision, performs moderately complex assembly. Performs data recording and product testing. Trains others. Assists with new product transfer.
Your responsibilities include:
Fully support the Quality Policy by building quality into all aspects and maintaining compliance to all quality requirements (including but not limited to being current on all training requirements and documenting that training).
Assemble medical devices according to manufacturing instructions, standard operating procedures and safety policies.
Perform in-process inspection of components and assemblies to verify quality conformance.
Record information on SFP or MES and perform component accountabilities.
Set-up and operate manufacturing equipment according to manufacturing instructions, standard operating procedures and safety policies.
Maintain cleanroom standards, practices, and housekeeping according to standard operating procedures and the illness and injury prevention program.
Perform verifications of manufacturing operations and line clearances for other assemblers on SFP or MES.
Clean supplies and manufacturing equipment and work areas according to manufacturing instructions, standard operating procedures and safety policies.
Clean supplies and manufacturing equipment and work areas according to manufacturing instructions, standard operating procedures and safety policies.
Train personnel in device assembly, document review, and standard operating procedures.
Reports causes of process and/or documentation issues and assists or coordinates resolution.
Assist engineers with process improvements and bill of material corrections.
Record data for process improvement projects.
Responsible for completion of personal training records in TRS.
Understand and apply Core 5 Metrics in relation to daily tasks.
Ability to perform special operations or techniques as per documented engineering instructions and Non-Standard Material Requests (NSMRs).
What we're looking for:
High school or equivalent and 4+ years of related experience with certification in assigned area required
Ability to follow written instructions consistently.
Ability to perform build steps with product underneath a stereo microscope.
Experience working in a regulated environment within a controlled environment area.
Experience working in a startup environment with frequent process changes.
Experience with build processes involving adhesive and soldering.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you're looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there's no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 438176
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Housekeeping, Medical, Engineer, Medical Technology, Medical Device, Healthcare, Engineering
Cabinet Builder 1St Shift
Excellent opportunity to join a growing team. We are seeking someone with experience in wood-working, assembling, finishing and sanding of furniture.
Team culture is incredibly important, so above all we need people who are motivated, hard-working, reliable and excited about building and finishing furniture.
- Verify dimensions or check the quality or fit of pieces to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Measure dimensions of completed products or work pieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Produce or assemble components of articles, such as store fixtures, office equipment, cabinets, or high-grade furniture.
- Measure materials to mark reference points, cutting lines, or other indicators.
- Set up or operate machines to cut, mold, or shape wood stock or wood substitutes.
- Establish the specifications of articles to be constructed or repaired or plan the methods or operations for shaping or assembling parts, based on blueprints, drawings, diagrams, or oral or written instructions.
- Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
- Attach parts or sub assemblies together to form completed units, using glue, dowels, nails, screws, or clamps.
- Install hardware, such as hinges, handles, catches, or drawer pulls, using hand tools.
- Attach decorative or functional accessories to products.
- Trim, sand, or scrape surfaces or joints to prepare articles for finishing.
- Trim excess material from work pieces.
- Match materials for color, grain, or texture, giving attention to knots or other features of the wood.
- Compare physical characteristics of materials or products to specifications or standards.
- Perform final touch-ups with sandpaper or steel wool.
- High School diploma and/or GED
- 1+ years experience with wood working, construction and/or assembly experience
- Experience using a table saw, staple gun, tape measure and similar type equipment/tools
- Excellent shop math skills
- Ability to work off of shop drawings and blueprints to determine product specifications to build and assemble
- Ability to lift 60+ lbs. regularly
Sr. Controls Engineer - Machine Builder
Why work here?:
- Established growing business of over 25 years
- Small company so loads of hands-on machine controls projects
- Low travel - under 20%
- Great benefits with employee healthcare premiums covered 100%
- Yearly bonus and Retirement Plan
- Evaluate your own project requirements and take time off for vacation or family events as needed
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards, and motor controls.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Create accurate Bill of Materials.
- Define equipment and parts from external suppliers.
- Updates machine controls to newer hardware platforms due to obsolescence
- Troubleshoot equipment failures that may include pneumatics, servos, vfd's, relays, communication networks, touchscreens/HMI, pushbuttons and PLCs from various manufacturers.
- Create documentation such as user manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, and electrical schematics.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years writing code in Allen-Bradley, Omron, or other IEC based controllers.
- VB.Net / C# programming
- Computer system setup and implementation in an industrial environment
- Computer networking
- Experience developing Operator Interfaces using systems such as Allen-Bradley PanelView’s, Red Lion HMI’s, or Proface HMI’s.
- Experience in designing and sizing controls equipment; power, I/O, communication, hardware.
- Experience installing and starting up automation systems at customer locations.
- AutoCAD, or, a willingness to learn/improve your AutoCAD skills
- Vision System integration with systems such as Cognex, Omron, or similar
- Robot control programming.
- Motion control and servo systems.
- Knowledge of safety systems and electrical standards.
- SQL Database programming experience
- Capable of working independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Some travel required (10% to 20%) based on project needs.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in a technical discipline or industry specific experience.
The primary purpose of this job is to perform all building related tasks including, but not limited to framing, insulating, installing roof systems, and doing trim work.
- Prior forklift and scissor lift experience preferred
- Familiarity with hand and power tools
- Understanding of construction and/or manufacturing concepts
- Prior sheet metal experience preferred
- Must be willing to work overtime, as needed
Why work with us?
•Medical, Dental, Vision and Short Term Disability insurance
•Company paid Life and Long Term Disability insurance
•Paid Vacation starting after 120 days
•8 paid Holidays, plus a bonus holiday after 5 years of service
•Retirement Plan with Company Match
•Tuition Reimbursement and Continuing Education Assistance
•Potential for Annual Bonus
•Minimal to no travel required
- Learn more about us at www.TrachteUSA.com
Electrical Harness Engineer I (665594)
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Electrical Harness Engineer I
Work with Project Engineers, Electrical Systems, Harness Design, and Manufacturing Engineers to plan, manage and execute, design, fabrication, test, and integration of ground and space based Electrical Harness and Wiring Assembly projects.
What You'll Do:
Work with and lead cross functional teams within an engineering and manufacturing environment.
Assist Project Engineers with management of project cost, schedule, and technical, performance across multiple projects and at program IPT level.
Communicate understanding and clarification of both the technical and programmatic aspects of a project to the project team.
Support new business and program cost estimating and schedule development activities.
Work on projects that include development of electrical harness assemblies for NASA, DoD, and Commercial Space payloads and spacecraft systems.
Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships within all the Ball departments including, the Strategic Business Units, and Strategic Support Units. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
Demonstrated successful management of hardware development efforts including meeting schedule, and performance goals.
Experience leading teams and able to identify needs for expert input and engage with company subject matter experts to resolve issues.
Hands on experience in space flight hardware design, fabrication, and test.
Experience managing some aspects of project engineering from requirement development to hardware integration.
Able to provide alternative and creative approaches to requirements, process and management that help improve efficiencies, cost and schedule on projects.
Willing to learn and become efficient at Ball Design, Material and Anomaly management systems.
Willing to learn and complete training in Cost Account Management (CAM) at Ball to become a certified CAM.
Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills, oral presentation skills, conflict management and an ability to lead group discussions.
Schedule management with status reporting along with resource, and risk management.
Experience with "flight space qualified" hardware programs and understanding of the rigor in process, documentation and qualification of parts and assemblies.
Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!