Hat Blocking Machine Operator Ii Job Description Sample
Machine Operator II - D Shift
Works on the manufacturing shop floor to ensure machines are running at maximum efficiency and produce quality parts during the shift.
D Shift works Wednesday, 12am
6am and Thursday
Specific duties include:
Responsible for operating HAAS CNC machine
Responsible for loading & unloading parts
Responsible for changing offsets in the machine if needed
Responsible for properly loading programs to the machines
Responsible for tool changes & setting tools
Responsible for supporting and reporting issues to team lead/supervisor
Follows all processes and procedures during the shift, escalates problem areas to shift team lead/supervisor as appropriate
Responsible for maintaining a neat and organized production area consistent with RAMP housekeeping standards
Ensure jobs are run in a timely manner to ensure on-time delivery
Able to read blueprints and use measuring tools to ensure correct tolerances
Responsible for quick turnaround of parts and accuracy within established guidelines
Responsible for working in a safe manner consistent with RAPID policies
Responsible for ensuring completion of operator PMs during shift
Self-starter capable of dealing with a variety of tasks in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
Excellent problem-solving skills
Good communication skills - ability to interpret and explain written and statistical data
High standard of attention to detail
Solid commitment to customer or employee service
Ability to manage time and prioritize work in an effective manner
Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills
Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality
Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution while being cost-sensitive
Commitment to continuous learning
Knowledge of Machining in a prototype manufacturing setting or related experience and education
Ability to strive in an environment of constant change
Familiarity with the tools of the trade Microsoft Office suite of products, SolidWorks, CAD/CAM
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
All Proto Labs facilities in the United States are ITAR-compliant operations. Due to ITAR regulations, Proto Labs is only able to employ U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire.
Proto Labs, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Machine Operator I Or II
JobTitle: Production Machine Operator I
FLSAStatus (US): Non-Exempt
ReportsTo: Production Supervisor/Manager
This positionis responsible to operate industrial packaging equipment to includeadjustments, quick changeovers to minimize downtime, minor troubleshooting,ensuring CCP is effective, and efficient operation in a safe manner and in anhygienic environment. Meet or exceed manufacturing schedules by maintaining theindustrial equipment, assisting the line production workers with duties, andkeeping in line with the quality and food safety standards.
Essential Duties and
Performdiversified duties to ensure efficient operation of production packagingequipment
Provideemergency troubleshooting of production equipment during production runs whileworking in tandem with Production Maintenance Mechanics and Production Managersto maintain efficiency
Performmachine set ups and changeovers while maintaining full compliance with foodsafety and quality standards
Ensureeffective mechanical adjustments are made in a timely manner to avoid downtimeand product waste
Diagnoseminor issues, repair or work with mechanics to help repair equipment, test andmake necessary adjustments
Usea variety of hand tools, power tools, and material handling equipment inperforming duties
Completeproduction and quality control paperwork with acute attention to detail
Effectiveoperation of computer, keyboard, mouse, and HMI
Effectivelycommunicate with members of staff at all levels in a professional manner
Activelyparticipate in company safety meetings and be a proponent of employee safety
Followall GMPs and all other company quality and food safety programs as they relateto the production department
Allother duties as assigned
This is afull-time position. Hours of work are:
Monday—Thursday:4:45a.m.—3p.m. and Friday work as needed, subject to business needs
Monday—Thursday:2:45p.m.—1:15a.m. and Friday work as needed subject to business needs
This positionhas no supervisory responsibilities
This positionwill require minimal travel, if any
Highschool diploma or G.E.D. and completion of at least 2 years in an industrialmaintenance role
Foodmanufacturing and packaging equipment (form-fill-seal) both vertical andhorizontal heat seal experience preferred and highly desired
Musthave at least 2 years' experience in a machine operator role
To perform this job successfully, an individual must beable to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listedbelow are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions.
Knowledge and Skills:
Outstandingwritten and verbal communications skills, bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus,but not essential. Must be able to operate a variety of hand tools, computer, mouse,and HMIs.
Work Environment and
Approximately90% of work is performed in a refrigerated or sub-zero environment. Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee will be required to talk andhear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending,kneeling, stooping, twisting, feeling, fingering, crouching, crawling andclimbing during the entirety of shift. The employee must frequently lift and/ormove items over 50 lbs. Vision abilities require close vision, distance vision,color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus with or withoutcorrective lenses. This position works with a variety of tools that vibrate.
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employer does not discriminate in employment and noquestion on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant's considerationfor employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
An EqualOpportunity Employer
Machine Operator II - Fabrication 2Nd Shift
Job ID :
US - North Carolina - Asheville
Operates machinery to make part to print specification. Shake out and stack parts as needed. Maintains order discipline, ensure quality parts are made and delivered to production lines. Reads and interprets specifications and drawings along with visual inspection of assembly for quality standards. Uses a wide range of small hand tools such as hammer, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, sockets, Allen wrenches, etc.
Reads and interprets specifications and drawings along with visual inspection of assembly for quality standards. Verifies dimensions and makes adjustments as needed to ensure proper fit and specified tolerances are maintained. References work instructions and reviews print specifications to determine proper materials and set-up to accomplish production requirements.
Verifies dimensions and makes adjustments as needed to ensure proper fit and specified tolerances are maintained. Verifies and completes job routing by signing router sheet, submitting orders to be closed and parts to be posted to inventory. Properly tracks and disposes of scrap and completes non-conforming tickets.
Advises supervisor of quality problems and the status of jobs. Works with production personnel, other operators, Supervisor and/or the engineering staff to troubleshoot problems.
Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and flexibility required.
Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices within guidelines of ISO standards, quality, and safety. Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety and efficiency.
Engages, initiates, and suggest initiatives that support team goals and continuous improvement in process.
Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions of others regarding production issues and goals.
Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values, serves as a role model in the workplace. Trains and mentors new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line training and complete Performance Management and Development (PMD) annual review process.
Requires high school diploma or GED.
Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
Beginner Computer skills or willingness to learn.
Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels, and work instructions.
- 3- 6 month manufacturing experience preferred.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Machine Operator II - 4386 - Eddyville KY Ncrc (Eddyville, KY)
Machine Operator II Role Profile
The Machine Operator II is responsible for debagging inventory for repacking or blending, preparing bulk bags for use on the production line, maintain a clean work area, and changing waste product bulk bags. Also responsible for understanding all quality specifications associated with the machinery and operating equipment in compliance with those standards. Must accurately maintain logs and data sheets associated with work orders and equipment. The role reports directly to the shift supervisor.
Debag product from inventory for re-bagging and blending.
Change waste product bulk bags as needed.
Report and fix any product packaging that is damaged.
Check all labeling on products to ensure accuracy.
Maintain all quality specifications associated with the machinery and operating equipment.
Maintain the facility's equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion.
Comply with all OSHA and MSDS standards.
Move products and materials using a forklift.
Perform any other duties as instructed by management.
Required Education and Experience:
Forklift operator certificate or satisfactory completion of a forklift-training program within the first 30 days of employment, preferred
High School Diploma or Equivalent, preferred
Three months warehouse experience, preferred
Six months forklift operation experience, preferred
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer
6pm to 6am shift. Work days are, Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday one week and Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday the next week.
Facts and Figures
- Business Unit
Lead CNC Machine Set Up Operator
Must have CNC Experience
- Responsible for reading and interpreting blue prints including GD&T
- Read, write and edit programs in G-Code and other CAD/CAM software and identify areas of opportunity for program efficiency.
- Verify revision levels on method sheet, tooling sheet and router match, alerting Supervisor if discrepancies are found.
- Identify, document and dispose of scrap.
- Must setup and load material into a bar feeder/bar loader. Step through program and make offsets to complete a part to print specifications.
- Verify revision levels on router and method sheets.
- Install appropriate tooling and touch off.
- Change inserts, drill boring bars, etc. when needed and return all usable tooling to the tool crib. Recycle all Carbide tooling.
- Troubleshoot any production issue in regards to machining and getting assistance for program related issues.
- Add hydraulic oil and/or cutting fluids to the machine(s) when needed.
- Make appropriate offsets and/or speed and feed adjustments to program if needed to maintain part quality.
- Train others and share knowledge
- Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of CNC machine(s) setup
- Knowledge of inserts including wear characteristics, insert style (WNMG, VNMG, CCMT, etc), insert nose radius and grade of insert.
- Operate all aspects of the machines; (powering machines up and down, bar feed operation, restarts, faults, etc)
- Read and use calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Tooling knowledge and the ability to indentify types of tooling and tooling wear characteristics
- Programming knowledge and ability
- Excellent communication skills required
- Act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) experience as a Conventional Machinist II or equivalent
- Basic Shop Math
- Advanced blue print reading
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Experience using Calipers, Micrometers, Height Stands and Bore Gages.
- Must clearly demonstrate ability to set up multiple machines and pass an assessment prior to moving to in LG6
- Basic Valve School- 30 days
- While performing duties you may be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 50 pounds throughout an entire shift. May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
- Exposed to manufacturing plant conditions and elements including but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
- PPE's will be required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes.
- May be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
Klement's Sausage in partnership with Parallel Employment. Hiring Machine Operators at $15-16/HR!!
The Klement's Sausage Machine Operator will be assigned to a line in their designated department. Employee will be required to do some on the job training within the department prior to being left unsupervised. Employee will be required to provide guidance to the assigned line personnel. This position is expected to assist with General Worker duties and other duties as assigned to ensure the continuous running of the machine.
- All employees will follow production memo specifications, Critical Control Points (CCP’s), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Klement's Sausage Machine Operator responsible to work on a variety of equipment to prepare the meat product, including but not limited to:
- Prepare whole muscle meat products through opening, trimming, and processing using the tumbler and/or Inject-Star machine(s).
- Break-up blocks of frozen meat product into smaller pieces using the RotoClaw and/or Frozen Grinder.
- Grind meat components to the correct specification and weight using the chopper and/or grinder
- Klement's Sausage Machine Operator responsible for break down and wash out of machines for product change over as needed.
- Klement's SausageMachine Operator may assist with Spice Room duties including:
- Klement's Sausage Machine Operator accurately measuring ingredients according to production metrics.
- Klement's Sausage Machine Operator conducts inventory when needed.
Machine Operator Experience required.
Food Manufacturing preferred
HSD, GED, or College Required.
Technical Machine Operator
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. Royal is growing and we are looking for talented individuals who want to make a difference!
We offer great benefits including:
- No Sunday work
- Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Outstanding health and dental insurance
Responsibilities will include:
- Working in a fast pace manufacturing environment
- Ability to read, understand, and follow operator instructions
- Basic troubleshooting responsibilities
- Through training…
- Performing setup work on injection molding machines. This includes cleaning of molding machines and associated equipment, fine-tuning and adjustment of machines according to part being produced and color changes.
- Setting up auxiliary equipment during changeovers. This includes air tools, date stamps, conveyors, etc.
- Cleaning hoppers and grinder, purging old material
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving.
And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
CNC Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
CNC Machine Operator - Full Time - 1:00Pm To 9:00Pm
Zaniboni Lighting’s Mission is to inspire with world with beautiful lighting. Our vision of a brighter world begins with our beautifully designed lighting.
We believe that each one of us can make a difference, and that the passion and pride we put into our work every day brings about an infectious vibe of fun and excitement.
We are seeking like-minded individuals that want to contribute to our culture of confident, respectful and team spirited people geared towards expansion.
To operate one of our cutting-edge computer controlled machinery, including the latest CNC milling machines and CNC turning lathes that convert, through Cad/Cam interface, our engineer’s 3D drawings into the many components our products are made out of.
We have 2-Axis, 3-Axis and 4-Axis CNC Mill and Lathe machines, making simple pieces out of Aluminum and Stainless Steel.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Maintain high productivity while producing quality parts.
- Responsible for in process inspection (utilizing calipers, micrometers)
- Must be able to work off of blueprints
- Use shop math in checking parts.
- Perform basic maintenance to the machines (clean and maintain, no mechanical repairs)
- Maintain the machine within the scope of its ability.
- Maintain all paperwork associated with producing the part and maintaining company records.
- Machine knowledge equivalent to one to two years of experience on CNC machines
- Apprenticeship or trade school required
- Working knowledge of shop math (Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry).
- Must know how to use calipers and micrometers
- Required Lifting: 30 Pounds; Lifting Frequency: Daily
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (2-4 hours continuous)
We are a Florida Drug Free Workplace. The company requires all employees to complete a pre-employment 10 panel drug screen; employment status will be dependent on ability to pass this screening and partake on a quarterly random screen.
Hours, compensation and benefits:
Monday through Friday 1:00 PM to 9:00PM with two paid 15-minute breaks and a full un-paid lunch hour.
Salary for this positions is $14.00 per hour based on experience.
After a successful 90-day performance review and probationary period, employees become eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, paid holidays and paid time off that increase with longevity.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!