Hat Forming Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Metal Forming Machine Operator
This is a temporary/term position for a Metal Forming Machine Operator in the Manufacturing Coining Division, in Denver, CO. If you enjoy manufacturing products from raw materials, are familiar with material handling equipment, and not afraid of getting a little dirty, then we have entry level positions available with built in training opportunities. We will teach you skills for operating forklifts, and our state of the art coining operations. Make money at the United States Mint in Denver!
Learn more about this agency
As a Metal Forming Machine Operator, you will:
Operate and monitor state of the art Upset Mill equipment, count and bag machines, annealing machines, coil weighing, and blanking presses.
Operate, and monitor various production equipment to ensure machines are operational, including conducting manual operations associated with the operation of the presses.
Conduct visual inspections on equipment to ensure moving parts do not overheat, bind, or jam production lines.
Move boxes of coins with material handling equipment, and position boxes of coin blanks to fill hoppers.
Operate the robotic coin assembly machine, and material handling equipment to load, move, and unload coins, coin sets, and other products to and from the vaults, work areas, and storage areas.
Record shipments and operate a forklift (after training) with (2,000 - 10,000) pounds capacity to load or off-load precious metals, supplies, and or equipment, for shipping, receiving.
Job family (Series)
3869 Metal Forming Machine Operating
HelpRequirements Conditions of Employment
- Sits frequently (up to 70% of the time)
- Stands frequently (up to 70% of the time)
- Walks frequently (up to 70% of the time)
- Lifts up to 10 lbs from floor to knuckle height seldom (up to 10% of the time)
- Lifts up to 10 lbs between knuckle and chest level occasionally (up to 30% of the time)
- Lifts up to 10 lbs above shoulder level seldom (up to 10% of the time)
- Carries bilateral seldom (up to 10% of the time)
- Pushes/pulls up to 5 lbs of force frequently (up to 70% of the time)
- Pushes/pulls up to 10 lbs of force seldom (up to 10% of the time)
- Pushes/pulls greater than 10 lbs of force frequently (up to 70% of the time)
- Climbs stairs frequently (up to 50% of the time)
- Climbs ladders occasionally (up to 30% of the time)
- Works at heights/balances occasionally (up to 30% of the time)
- Bends at waist frequently (up to 70% of the time)
- Twists at waist frequently (up to 70% of the time)
- Crouches/squats occasionally (up to 30% of the time)
- Kneels occasionally (up to 30% of the time)
- Reaches knees to shoulders frequently (up to 70% of the time)
- Reaches above shoulders occasionally (up to 30% of the time)
- Repetitive arm motion occurs occasionally (up to 30% of the time)
- Power grasps frequently (up to 70% of the time)
- Pinch grasps occasionally (up to 30% of the time)
- Fine finger manipulation occurs frequently (up to 70% of the time)
- Required to talk constantly (greater than 70% of the time)
- Ability to hear required constantly (greater than 70% of the time)
- Ability to see required constantly (greater than 70% of the time)
- Whole body vibration experienced seldom (up to 10% of the time)
- Subject to temperature range that occurs in this indoor work area
You must show in your experience in the online application that you possess the knowledge, skill and abilities to perform the duties of the position. You must meet the screen-out element Ability To Provide Production Support Services, normally addressed at the beginning of the online questions. In addition, you must also obtain an average score of two (2) on all other elements for this position as addressed through the online question in order to be considered minimally qualified.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or volunteer service.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Forming Machine Operator 3Rd Shift - Hazleton, PA
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Forming Machine Operator 3rd Shift - Hazleton, PA33 North Powell DriveHazleton, Pennsylvania, 18201United States The Opportunity:We have an opportunity for a Forming Machine Operator at our Hazleton,PA, folding carton plant. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: • Observe machine operation to ensure quality and conformity of package material.• Package product in proper containers. • Inspect and remove defective product from production line.• Stop machine when malfunction occur and report immediate to mechanics or supervisor.• Stamp finished good product with packer ID number.• The ability to pack sleeved product into corrugated case, seal (tape) and stack on a pallet. • Perform housekeeping duties to insure department and company standards are maintained.• Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by lead person and supervisor. JOB SPECIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School graduate or G.E.D. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic Math skills required. MECHANICAL SKILLS: Basic understanding of Machinery & processes. COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, write & understand basic English. Able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers & management and deal effectively & professionally under pressure.REASONING ABILITY: Job requires making decisions based on established guidelines regarding running or shutting down on defective work and operational problems/difficulties of all kinds.ATTENDANCE: Accrued attendance points must be below 5.PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Minimal 8 hr shift schedule with some overtime.• Occasional overhead lifting required. (20 to 40 lbs up to 20 times a hour)• Required to stand & walk continually. • Frequently lifting, pushing, and/or pulling 20 to 40 lbs. (Up to 20 times a hour)• Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling & reaching. (Up to 20 times a hour) What we offer:Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potentialA career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work. #PA*CBWRK WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Immediate opening for a Machine Operator in the Brookville, OH area. This is a 1st shift position
Technical Machine Operator
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. Royal is growing and we are looking for talented individuals who want to make a difference!
We offer great benefits including:
- No Sunday work
- Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Outstanding health and dental insurance
Responsibilities will include:
- Working in a fast pace manufacturing environment
- Ability to read, understand, and follow operator instructions
- Basic troubleshooting responsibilities
- Through training…
- Performing setup work on injection molding machines. This includes cleaning of molding machines and associated equipment, fine-tuning and adjustment of machines according to part being produced and color changes.
- Setting up auxiliary equipment during changeovers. This includes air tools, date stamps, conveyors, etc.
- Cleaning hoppers and grinder, purging old material
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving.
And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
CNC Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
CNC Machine Operator - Full Time - 1:00Pm To 9:00Pm
Zaniboni Lighting’s Mission is to inspire with world with beautiful lighting. Our vision of a brighter world begins with our beautifully designed lighting.
We believe that each one of us can make a difference, and that the passion and pride we put into our work every day brings about an infectious vibe of fun and excitement.
We are seeking like-minded individuals that want to contribute to our culture of confident, respectful and team spirited people geared towards expansion.
To operate one of our cutting-edge computer controlled machinery, including the latest CNC milling machines and CNC turning lathes that convert, through Cad/Cam interface, our engineer’s 3D drawings into the many components our products are made out of.
We have 2-Axis, 3-Axis and 4-Axis CNC Mill and Lathe machines, making simple pieces out of Aluminum and Stainless Steel.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Maintain high productivity while producing quality parts.
- Responsible for in process inspection (utilizing calipers, micrometers)
- Must be able to work off of blueprints
- Use shop math in checking parts.
- Perform basic maintenance to the machines (clean and maintain, no mechanical repairs)
- Maintain the machine within the scope of its ability.
- Maintain all paperwork associated with producing the part and maintaining company records.
- Machine knowledge equivalent to one to two years of experience on CNC machines
- Apprenticeship or trade school required
- Working knowledge of shop math (Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry).
- Must know how to use calipers and micrometers
- Required Lifting: 30 Pounds; Lifting Frequency: Daily
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (2-4 hours continuous)
We are a Florida Drug Free Workplace. The company requires all employees to complete a pre-employment 10 panel drug screen; employment status will be dependent on ability to pass this screening and partake on a quarterly random screen.
Hours, compensation and benefits:
Monday through Friday 1:00 PM to 9:00PM with two paid 15-minute breaks and a full un-paid lunch hour.
Salary for this positions is $14.00 per hour based on experience.
After a successful 90-day performance review and probationary period, employees become eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, paid holidays and paid time off that increase with longevity.
Our Machine Operator at the pellet mill works with a dedicated and hard-working team to efficiently operate, clean and repair pellet mill equipment. The goal is to safely and efficiently process compost into fertilizer. This position assists with preventative maintenance, equipment operation (skidsteer, etc.), and different projects throughout the year. This position also assists in fertilizer bagging duties as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required; Trade school preferred.
- This individual is expected to have a general knowledge of agricultural equipment operation or a strong aptitude for operating equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High degree of initiative.
- Able to perform job duties independently.
- Team player.
- Class A driver’s license a plus.
- Available to work 12-hour shifts (6:00 AM - 6:00 PM) during peak season (Nov. - May).
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid Time Off
- Overtime at time and a half
- Free farm fresh eggs!
- Flavor changes, wash-outs and weekly cleaning: i.e. tanks, pipes and equipment, (CIP and COP) and floors
- Calibrate and operate pH meters, and refractometers
- Maintain all quality, sanitation and production documents in accordance with plant quality, safety and environmental requirements
- Safe handling of chemicals, chemical testing and documentation of strength and usage
- Operate manual and/or electrical pallet jacks
- Knowledgeable in cold and hot blending process preferred
- Knowledgeable in GMP and food safety programs
- Must be capable of standing for the whole duration of the shift
- Must we capable of bending and lifting weights of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and render overtime as required, including weekends
Klement's Sausage in partnership with Parallel Employment. Hiring Machine Operators at $15-16/HR!!
The Klement's Sausage Machine Operator will be assigned to a line in their designated department. Employee will be required to do some on the job training within the department prior to being left unsupervised. Employee will be required to provide guidance to the assigned line personnel. This position is expected to assist with General Worker duties and other duties as assigned to ensure the continuous running of the machine.
- All employees will follow production memo specifications, Critical Control Points (CCP’s), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Klement's Sausage Machine Operator responsible to work on a variety of equipment to prepare the meat product, including but not limited to:
- Prepare whole muscle meat products through opening, trimming, and processing using the tumbler and/or Inject-Star machine(s).
- Break-up blocks of frozen meat product into smaller pieces using the RotoClaw and/or Frozen Grinder.
- Grind meat components to the correct specification and weight using the chopper and/or grinder
- Klement's Sausage Machine Operator responsible for break down and wash out of machines for product change over as needed.
- Klement's SausageMachine Operator may assist with Spice Room duties including:
- Klement's Sausage Machine Operator accurately measuring ingredients according to production metrics.
- Klement's Sausage Machine Operator conducts inventory when needed.
Machine Operator Experience required.
Food Manufacturing preferred
HSD, GED, or College Required.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!