Hat Stock Laminating Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Technical Machine Operator
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. Royal is growing and we are looking for talented individuals who want to make a difference!
We offer great benefits including:
- No Sunday work
- Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Outstanding health and dental insurance
Responsibilities will include:
- Working in a fast pace manufacturing environment
- Ability to read, understand, and follow operator instructions
- Basic troubleshooting responsibilities
- Through training…
- Performing setup work on injection molding machines. This includes cleaning of molding machines and associated equipment, fine-tuning and adjustment of machines according to part being produced and color changes.
- Setting up auxiliary equipment during changeovers. This includes air tools, date stamps, conveyors, etc.
- Cleaning hoppers and grinder, purging old material
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving.
And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
ACCO Brands Corporation, one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $2 billion, is seeking a Machine Operator to operate a film converting/slitting machine , in our Ontario, CA facility.
Responsible for the operation of production line equipment. Performs setup and machine adjustments. Operates machine to produce the required amount of quality work pieces, using appropriate equipment and making adjustments as needed. Responsibilities include:
Ability to work rapidly to keep up with machine production.
Works cooperatively and productively with Supervisors, Leads and other employees to complete tasks.
Assists maintenance department in basic repairs to the machines
Visually inspect material/finish goods for quality issues ( i.e. defects, imperfections, etc.)
Deliver quality merchandise to staging area in preparation for shipment.
Participate in process improvement teams.
Assist in special projects as required.
Maintain satisfactory performance levels.
Follow all safety rules and regulations as well as Company rules and policies.
Operate machines safely and maintain condition of production work area( i.e. free of debris, materials and tools in correct location, etc.)
Work overtime as required.
Perform basic mathematics.
Additional duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred
2 or more year's job related experience in operation of atleast one machine type which produces finished goods.
Ability to operate electric sit-down forklift, electric pallet jack, electric reach truck, data entry terminals, 2-way radio, handheld calculator a plus
Ability to lift cartons in excess of 50 lbs
Work overtime as required.
Other duties as required.
Be able to speak and read English.
ACCO Brands Corporation markets products in over 100 countries across the globe through our own sales force and distribution networks.
A global office products powerhouse, our leading brands help people work better in every workspace, everywhere. You know these indispensable products as Wilson Jones binders ... Swingline staplers and punches ... Day-Timer personal organizers ... Quartet white boards and easels... Kensington computer accessories... and more... Under the GBC banner, ACCO Brands is also a leader in serving professional printers, government and corporate markets, providing print finishing, laminating and commercial binding equipment.
After more than 100 years of leadership in the office products industry, we look forward to continuing our tradition by hiring talented individuals guided by a spirit of innovation.
ACCO Brands Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Working Conditions: Time is spent on the factory floor in a factory environment. Personal safety equipment could include safety glasses, hearing protection, and possibly safety shoes. Building is temperature controlled but would be exposed to heat, cold, humidity, machine noises, and is in the proximity of moving machine parts.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If Excellence Drives You, This Is Your Destination.Job Description
Bemis Company, Inc. is currently seeking enthusiastic, accountable employees for these advanced manufacturing positions in Oshkosh, WI! At Bemis, Safety is our number one priority. All employees act as safety leaders in all responsibilities. Employees support our World Class Operations by engaging in team activities and continuously improving the business.
While working in the Lamination, Converting, Press or Slitting department you will be given an opportunity to develop your skills through our training programs. You will have various opportunities to cross-train and develop new skillsets for a successful career at Bemis.
Health & Wellness: Health Insurance, Pharmacy Coverage, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Supplemental Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Coverage, Confidential Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Rewards Program
Retirement: 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Training & Education: Tuition Reimbursement
WHAT CONVERTING OPERATORS GET TO DO:
These positions are on a 2-2-3 rotating 12-hour shift (5:00am – 5:00pm / 5:00pm – 5:00am), where employees will have a three day weekend every other weekend.
Work, act, think and converse in terms of improving quality and elimination waste in his/her process department.
Stop any operation that is not producing product to customer expectations or is in violation of approved quality and safety procedures.
Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Converting Manager, and/or Operations Manager
Must be able to safely and efficiently set up and run a bag machine.
Must be able to manage machine output in regards to handling, packaging, and shipping preparations for finished goods.
Must be able to read and understand all phases of a production order and customer specifications. Must be able to perform rework functions and internal and/or external goods.
Must be able to work overtime when needed. Must maintain attendance in accordance to company policy.
WHAT PRESS OPERATORS GET TO DO:
These positions are on a 2-2-3 straight nights 12-hour shift (6:00pm – 6:00am), where employees will have a three day weekend every other weekend.
Operate Mark Andy press equipment for all printed roll stock and lid orders needed to meet requirements
Perform set-up of presses per work instructions and procedures to ensure customer satisfaction
Completes all activities using the BMS computer dash board
Observes machine operation to detect defects or machine malfunction, documents any changes
Correctly fills out all paperwork, including IPPH's and informs QA when needed
Installing print cylinders and changing anilox from the press
Install and remove rotary dies from the press, loads raw material into machine
Set-up and operate vision and the auto-packer proficiently
Maintains 6s procedures and ensures work environment is clean and clutter-free
Follows all GMP, ISO, PPE, and Gowning procedures
Participate in and supports World Class Operations Management (WCOM) teams
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU:
Previous manufacturing experience a plus, not required
High School Diploma/GED equivalent preferred
Knowledgeable and able to understand a computer and programs
Possess adequate math, measurement, and reading skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Good organizational and interpersonal skills
Required to have visual acuity to perform visual inspection including the use of measurement devices and ability to identify and distinguish colors
Ability to interact effectively and professionally with others in a team environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL ADVANCED MANUFACTURING POSITIONS:
Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50-65 lbs.
Willing and able to stand and walk for a 12 hour shift
Frequent reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, and twisting
Frequent use of wrist and hands
Frequent stepping up and down from platforms
Exposure to a noise level above 85 decibels
Exposure to solvent odors and odors created in the melting process of manufacturing plastic films
Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case by case basis
Bemis is committed to its core values: Ethics, Accountability, Innovation, and Respect. By becoming an employee at Bemis Company, Inc., you will work in a high performing environment where team members collaborate to get the job done, challenge the status quo to find a better way, and embrace unconventional ways of thinking. We are eager to see how you can make an impact in our high performance culture.
Bemis Company, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Production Machine Operator 1
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Production Machine Operator 1 performs straightforward tasks and operates routine production equipment and machinery. Ensures the maintenance of a safe work environment with an ultimate goal of zero accidents.
Job Core Responsibilities
Performs straightforward set up, operation and routine maintenance of production machinery and test equipment
Uses a range of documents to perform work, such as job travelers, blueprints, schematics, models or specifications
Troubleshoots machines that are not at peak performance and finds solutions to problems
Ensures adequate stock of raw materials needed for work and performs equipment maintenance per schedules
Evaluates and verifies that production items are within tolerances and meet specifications as outlined in job documentation
Other responsibilities as assigned
Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Years Experience: 0-2 years of relevant experience
Experience in operating production equipment and machinery
Basic math proficiency
Ability to read engineering drawings and blueprints
Excellent attention to detail
Able to use existing procedures to perform straightforward tasks
Effective oral and written communication
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.
Panel Saw Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
Machine Operator / Process Technician
Prominent, growing New Berlin, Wisconsin manufacturing company is offering career growth opportunities for plastics industry blow molding or injection molding candidates, OR, candidates in other industries who have had strong experience running complex automated or semi-automated production machinery to learn their business.
$15-$22/hour, 12 hr. shiftsas Machine Technician I, or Machine Technician II (depending upon prior experience).
Direct Hire positions are on day or night rotational shifts. The Machine Technician / Operator ensures efficient operation of complex automated or semi-automated blow molding or injection molding production line machinery. Positions are also available for candidates with strong process knowledge and skills operating complex automated or semi-automated production machinery in other industries. There are three technical career path levels to progress in as a Machine Technician with this organization.As your skilled recruiter, please review the job description requirements and if interested in these opportunities complete the application and your cover letter and resume will receive immediate attention. Sorry, relocation assistance is not available for these positions. Kristine Schoolcraft, Talent Acquisition Manager at
Parallel Employment Group
- Operate assigned Rocheleau blow molding (Mat.Tech.I), Bekum, Kautex blow molding (Mat.Tech.II), or Toshiba Injection Molding (Mat.Tech.I) production line equipment to maximize High 5 Operational Metrics: Efficiency, Quality, Safety, Engagement and Resin Loss.
- Independently perform machine adjustments within allowable parameters, perform routine machine maintenance tasks and minor repairs on all production equipment, including molders and peripheral quality equipment on assigned lines.
- Identify and recommend improvements and support all company continuous improvements activities. Work with plant leadership, set up and maintenance to implement improvements. Sustain 6S program in the production cells, supporting team members and reporting repeat variation to leadership.
- Ensure adherence to customer specifications and accurately document all records related to downtime, production, scrap, repairs, process deviation, etc.
- Act as a mentor and technical resource for other team members and new members learning technical functions.
- Assist in identifying non-conforming product and re-work of non-conforming product as necessary.
- Work safely, following all safety policies and proactively participating in the safe work of others and the safety of the overall environment.
- Perform other miscellaneous support work to enable the team to be successful and as requested by plant leadership. Assist in the duties of other team members, including helping to cover break times, etc.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods, lift or carry parts, material and product of up to 30 pounds. Must be able to grasp, pinch, reach, finger, pick, or otherwise work with fingers, hands and arms for regular tasks. Must laugh at jokes and enjoy attempts at humor from other team members, no matter how feeble.
Must be able to wear eye and hearing protection and operate effectively in temperatures ranging from 60 to 110 F.
Must climb steps, maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling, have good hand/eye coordination, stoop, and bend. Must be capable of visually detecting defects, depth, colors, variances, and see objects as real.
Minimal local travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
High School diploma or equivalent required with advanced technical certificate or formal education preferred. At least 2 years of technical processing, maintenance or troubleshooting experience, preferably in a continuous process manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated Mechanical aptitude and learning agility in regards to technical matters.
- Exhibit excellent decision making skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrated capability in basic math and measurement.
- Ability to follow guidelines independently and work as part of a cohesive production team.
- Familiarity with basic business computer applications and mobile device applications.
- Must be able to provide own basic set of tools
Paid Holidays: After 60 days, full time Members receive 8 hours holiday pay for 9 recognized company holidays each year, plus one additional discretionary floating holiday. Members scheduled and working the holidays are also paid double time for the hours worked!
Paid Vacation: Operations team Members receive a vacation pay check on their anniversary date with unpaid vacation days according to the schedule below. Members choose to either schedule days off or work their schedule and get paid. After 1 Year of Service: 2% of previous year’s gross earnings with 7 optional unpaid days off. After 2 Years of Service: 4% of previous year’s gross earnings with 14 optional unpaid days off. After 7 Years of Service: 6% of previous year’s gross earnings with 21 optional unpaid days off. After 14 Years of Service: 8% of previous year’s gross earnings with 28 optional unpaid days off.
Life Insurance: Effective the 90th day of membership, the Company will pay for a Life Insurance policy for you equal to two (2) times your annual salary up to $100,000. Additional voluntary Life Insurance and Accident insurance can be purchased for member, spouse and/or children.
Disability Benefits: Effective the 90th day of membership, Short Term and Long Term disability benefits are paid by the company for you to help protect your income in the event of illness or injury.
401(K) Retirement Match: the company helps plan for long term prosperity by automatically enrolling members in our retirement savings plan on the first day of the month after 90 days of service. The Company matches 50% of contributions on up to 4% of earnings. This match vests gradually over a 6 year period.
Dental Insurance: Eligible on the 90th day, Members can pay $5.68 for single premium or $12.92 for family coverage each bi-weekly pay period.
Vision Insurance: Eligible on the 90th day, routine Vision exams are covered each year. The cost for single premium is $2.78 bi-weekly and $8.32 bi-weekly for family coverage.
Comprehensive Medical Plan: Eligible on the 90th day, Members can choose from two comprehensive medical plans based on individual or family needs. Preventative Care Benefits in both plans include immunizations, routine physical exams and tests paid at 100% in network. To help you plan for medical expenses, the company will match the first $150 you put into our Health FSA or HSA plan.And BEST OF ALL, you are part of a community-based organization who celebrates their Members and teams accomplishments with bonus programs, recognition, contests and Member events!
Machine Set Up / Operator (Injection Molding) / Maintenance
Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
Test operation of machines periodically
Fix issues that might occur during the shift
Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
Maintain activity logs
Proven experience as a machine operator
Mechanical ability, light maintenance
Injection molding is a plus
Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
Understanding of production procedures
Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
Attention to detail
Teamwork and communication skills
Physical stamina and strength
High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
PRIMARY JOB CATEGORY Manufacturing / Industrial
SECONDARY JOB CATEGORIES
JOB SKILLS Machine Operator
Temp to Perm or Full Time Direct Hire
CNC Machine Set Up Operator
Must have CNC Experience
- Responsible for reading and interpreting blue prints including GD&T
- Read, write and edit programs in G-Code and other CAD/CAM software and identify areas of opportunity for program efficiency.
- Verify revision levels on method sheet, tooling sheet and router match, alerting Supervisor if discrepancies are found.
- Identify, document and dispose of scrap.
- Must setup and load material into a bar feeder/bar loader. Step through program and make offsets to complete a part to print specifications.
- Verify revision levels on router and method sheets.
- Install appropriate tooling and touch off.
- Change inserts, drill boring bars, etc. when needed and return all usable tooling to the tool crib. Recycle all Carbide tooling.
- Troubleshoot any production issue in regards to machining and getting assistance for program related issues.
- Add hydraulic oil and/or cutting fluids to the machine(s) when needed.
- Make appropriate offsets and/or speed and feed adjustments to program if needed to maintain part quality.
- Train others and share knowledge
- Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of CNC machine(s) setup
- Knowledge of inserts including wear characteristics, insert style (WNMG, VNMG, CCMT, etc), insert nose radius and grade of insert.
- Operate all aspects of the machines; (powering machines up and down, bar feed operation, restarts, faults, etc)
- Read and use calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Tooling knowledge and the ability to indentify types of tooling and tooling wear characteristics
- Programming knowledge and ability
- Excellent communication skills required
- Act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) experience as a Conventional Machinist II or equivalent
- Basic Shop Math
- Advanced blue print reading
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Experience using Calipers, Micrometers, Height Stands and Bore Gages.
- Must clearly demonstrate ability to set up multiple machines and pass an assessment prior to moving to in LG6
- Basic Valve School- 30 days
- While performing duties you may be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 50 pounds throughout an entire shift. May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
- Exposed to manufacturing plant conditions and elements including but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
- PPE's will be required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes.
- May be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
2nd and 3rd Shift Only- 2nd Shift 3pm- 11pm & 3rd Shift 11pm- 7am
Compensation: $15.00 Per Hour
Reports to: Production Lead; Production Manager
Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. These must all meet the specifications required by production instructions (PI). Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately according to specifications and in a timely manner. Operates a computer and barcode scanner.
Operate and tend equipment or machinery to perform product assembly or fabrication
Summary of essential job functions
Operate manual and/or automatic machines, operate computers and barcode scanners. This position includes the following functions:
Hose cutting: Full cutting instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-008-0.
Pressure testing –Full pressure testing instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-013-0
Crimper – Entry Level – Full crimping instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-011-0
Meeting or exceeding all team production goals on a consistent basis.
Observing equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and management be notified immediately. .
Wearing all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
Performing general cleanup and maintenance of your work area.
Minimum requirements and prerequisites
All- High school diploma or equivalent; company indoctrination including machine operation and safety instruction.
Be able to stand for extended periods; be able to hear and understand warning tones and verbal commands; have basic computer skills; be able to lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted; be able to read and understand production instructions; be able to measure accurately using steel scales and angle meters. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed. All personnel must be available for overtime work according to the business needs of the company.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!