Heading Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Heading Operator - 2Nd Shift
POSITION TITLE: HEADING OPERATOR
EMPLOYEE TYPE: FULL TIME
DEPARTMENT NO.: 403
JOB CODE: 30C401
PREPARED DATE: 03/21/2017
APPROVED BY: GENERAL MANAGER, AARON JOHNSON
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision, must exercise knowledge to perform a variety of job duties relating to the proficient set-ups of Heading machines including but not limited to:
a. Review router to determine setup, tooling and specifications of parts
b. Ability to troubleshoot and find resolutions
c. Provide information for Inspector evaluation and validation of quality
d. Meet quality, production and re-work targets in assigned work area by inspecting parts during production to ensure they are produced to required dimensions and conform to all specifications
e. Utilization of Statistical Process Control (SPC) as needed
f. Assist and train new operators effectively
g. Adhere to all AIC company policies
h. Other duties as assigned
In addition to the above, Operators are to maintain an organized, clean and safe work area using safety standards and expectations while adhering to all quality practices. Management may change responsibilities and/or assignments to meet the business needs without prior notice. AIC follows an At-Will Employment practice.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1.Certificate from a technical school; high school diploma or GED and 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2.Previous experience operating National Headers; 1 die 2 blow; multiple dies and blows.
1.Language: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; ability to verbally communicate effectively.
2.Mathematical: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
3.Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions provided in written, oral or diagram form.
4.Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
5.Ability to read and interpret router instructions and specifications.
6.Properly use calipers, micrometers and other gauge measuring tools.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Frequency of activity required of the employee to perform the job:
Daily Lifting and Carrying requirements of the job:
Height the object is lifted from the floor, table or overhead location and distance the object is carried.
Maximum weight to be lifted is 40 lbs. Employees are required to seek assistance as needed.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Cold Heading Operator
Set up and operate cold header machines and auxiliary equipment to produce high quality fasteners while meeting on-time delivery, productivity, safety, quality, and housekeeping metrics.
1.Set-up cold header machines and auxiliary equipment (including wire drawers, wire welders, and grinders) per drawings and specifications.
2.Operate cold header machines and auxiliary equipment.
3.Perform daily maintenance on cold header machines and auxiliary equipment.
4.Perform quality checks and document (where applicable), using simple gages, precision measuring devices and visual inspection.
5.Perform safety checks to ensure safety devices are on and in working order (guarding and all safety equipment). Use proper Lock Out Tag Out procedures.
6.Manually handle parts from work-in-process containers to shipping containers. Move containers as required using pallet jacks and/or fork trucks.
7.Prepare and maintain accurate records (route sheets and count sheets).
8.Clean equipment and keep work area neat and orderly.
9.Participate as a Trainer when necessary.
10. To work in any other area of the plant by the request of your supervisor.
Usual manufacturing environment with regular exposures to noise and oils.. Moderate to high physical activity, involving routine lifting and pulling. Intermittent cold and hot temperatures.
Basic reading/writing skills and math including fractions and decimals is required. Mechanical ability and knowledge of tools and machinery is required.
Knowledge of multi-die (boltmaking) and 1 die two blow machinery is not required, but strongly preferred. Knowledge of the use of measuring devices, blueprints, and drawing is required. Ability to lift/pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Works with: Cold Header Machine Operators, Machine Maintenance, and Quality Personnel
Machine Operator - Holesaw Weld Operator
Perform duties involved in setting up and operating automatic blanking, heat treat forming and robotic tig welding of various size holesaws
Work from priorities provided, travelers, written or verbal instructions. Setup robotic and semi auto tig welders of various size. Load shell & cups onto robotic pallet or manually load into tig welder chuck. Start automatic cycle to weld. Visually inspect each saw for quality of weld. Adjust speed, length and position of stroke, seam current and cup current for proper heat. Position welding head and change tungsten tips as required using setting gauge according to established procedure. Rework or scrap any saw found to be out of spec
Check the quality of each holesaw for total roundness, weld height, weld penetration
Degrease cup when necessary working from travelers and record data according to established procedure.
Maintain equipment and work area in a neat and clean condition. Report any discrepancies, equipment malfunctions, defective material or other unusual situations to the Foreman.
Observe and obey all safety rules, regulations and practices and employ all safety equipment and devices.
Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or directed.
Demanding, fast-paced position resulting from deadline pressures, simultaneous competing demands and changing priorities.
Knowledge of charts, specifications, and micrometers
1-2 years experience preferred
Use of numbers including decimals
Light physical effort required, equivalent to lifting, pushing, pulling 5 to 25 pounds
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Hours: (2) Sunday - Thurs 5a-5p (1) Tue-Sat 5a-5p (3) Mon-Fri 5p-5a
- THIS ROLE IS ELIGIBLE FOR A SIGN ON BONUS AFTER 60 DAYS*
Do you have what it takes to impact major global auto manufacturers? A-Brite Plating gives you the opportunity to shine. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, A-Brite Plating is an industry pioneer in plating on plastics. A-Brite is a division of the Plasman Group which operates 20 highly automated manufacturing sites and dedicated engineering and sales locations globally.
Reporting to the Process Supervisor, the Machine Operator is responsible for:
Check scrap sheet hourly to assure machine is operating correctly. Check rectifiers continually for correct current and amperage.
Follow daily voltage settings. Constantly check parts from decorative chrome to see if any changes are to be made.
Take hourly temperatures of designated tanks with thermometer. Watch bath levels and adjust to correct fill.
Operate machine in a safe manner at all times and follow the safety measures set by the management of A-Brite.
Keep machine catwalks clear of any parts and check tanks for floating parts and handle accordingly.
Watch for lost parts and work with Line Leaders and Supervisors to correct.
Clear machine jam-ups in the safest way possible.
Must be available to work any shift and additional shifts as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
Highly motivated with the ability to work independently.
Must be able to meet the physical lifting requirements of this position -- lift 75-80 pounds occasionally or 25-40 pounds regularly, without assistance.
Knowledge and/or experience in plating or the chemical industry highly desired.
Basic math skills and basic computer skills required.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process or have any questions, please contact HR.
Technical Machine Operator
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. Royal is growing and we are looking for talented individuals who want to make a difference!
We offer great benefits including:
- No Sunday work
- Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Outstanding health and dental insurance
Responsibilities will include:
- Working in a fast pace manufacturing environment
- Ability to read, understand, and follow operator instructions
- Basic troubleshooting responsibilities
- Through training…
- Performing setup work on injection molding machines. This includes cleaning of molding machines and associated equipment, fine-tuning and adjustment of machines according to part being produced and color changes.
- Setting up auxiliary equipment during changeovers. This includes air tools, date stamps, conveyors, etc.
- Cleaning hoppers and grinder, purging old material
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving.
And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
Machine Operator - 2Nd Shift (Doering A Wilson Tool Company)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Machine parts which have multiple features.
- Operate a variety of machine types or multiple non-complex machines at a time.
- Maintain an existing process which would include but not limited to: offset machine tools, change tooling as required, load material.
- Monitor machine performance to ensure that product quality and specifications are achieved.
- Inspect completed work independently using advanced measurement / inspection tools.
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Monitor SPC data / trends to ensure process control.
- Prepare future jobs while machines are manufacturing product.
- Ability to train new operators.
- Must be able to perform but not limited to the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, bench operations and inspect.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Must contribute to Doering’s culture of continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year manufacturing related experience.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
- Demonstrated success using technical math skills such as Algebra, Geometry in practical applications.
- Must have the ability to adjust programs and set up multiple styles of machines with proven processes.
- Mechanical aptitude / troubleshooting skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Employee must have ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Work performed in a manufacturing/machine shop environment.
- Light to moderate physical effort required.
- Prolonged standing.
- Regularly required to walk, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Fastenal Cold Heading Machinist
Fastenal Cold Heading Machinist
5800 Industrial Avenue, Loves Park, IL 61111
Part-Time Shift(s): Monday-Friday between 7am-2pm
Working as a Part-Time Fastenal Cold Heading Machinist, you will be setting-up and operating cold heading or threading equipment. Operating heading or threading machines will be based on previous experience.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
oSetting-up and operating cold heading or threading equipment
o Inspecting parts and verifying dimensional data
o Maintaining scheduled delivery
oReading and interpreting blueprints
o Maintaining tools
oMaintaining all aspects of the machines from set-up to operation
REQUIRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
The following skills and qualifications are required for this position:
o18 years of age or older
oExcellent written and oral communication skills
o Knowledge of cold heading and/or threading equipment
oGeneral knowledge of quality tooling associated with cold heading or threading machines
o Be quality conscious and demonstrate strong attention to detail
oAbility to work independently as well as in a team atmosphere with minimal supervision
oAbility to multi-task in a fast paced environment
o Demonstrate our core values of ambition, innovation, integrity and teamwork
oAbility to lift, slide, and lower packages that typically weigh 25 to 50 pounds
oAbility to pass the required drug screen (applicable in the US, Puerto Rico, and Guam ONLY)
PREFERRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
o Possess an understanding of ISO quality systems
oPrior experience reading blueprints
oFamiliarity with inspection practices and knowledge of inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers, comparators, ring gages and protrusion gages.
Since 1967 Fastenal has grown as a distributor of industrial and construction supplies from a single branch to approximately 3,000 servicing locations, each providing tailored local inventory and personal service for our customers. As we've expanded across the world, we've retained a core belief in people and their ability to accomplish remarkable things - if given the opportunity. From this philosophy stems an entrepreneurial culture that challenges every employee to run their own business, create their own success, and advance to become company leaders.
As a growth company with a solid financial position, we are committed to training, promoting from within, and creating opportunities for our employees. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking to make your mark as part of an elite growth company, you won't find a better fit than Fastenal.
Packaging Machine Operator
The mission of Lazarus Naturals is to bring high quality and affordable hemp-based CBD products to market so anyone can afford the positive benefits it has to offer. We have a fun, fast-paced, and close-knit workplace environment and are looking for an energetic, organized, and positive Packaging Machine Operator to join our expanding team and help us further our mission.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in a booming industry and a rapidly-growing company that makes CBD accessible to those who need it most. Our ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This position reports directly to the Manufacturing Manager and will be directly responsible for the following:
- Observing machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of packaged products.
- Monitoring the production line, to watch for packaging problems such as pile-ups, jams, sealing issues, or product defects.
- Regulate machine flow, speed, or temperature, and adjust machine components according to the size of the product and raw material condition.
- Interfacing with electronic controls and touch-screen computers to start, stop and operate machines that package product.
- Stopping or resetting machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a lead or supervisor.
- Troubleshooting and documenting reoccurring issues such as: machine jams, defective product, or production line delays.
- Loading packaging materials such as film, cartons, glue, ink, or labels to spindles, conveyors, hoppers, or other feeding devices.
- Interfacing with QA Department to ensure defective products and packaging material are logged and corrected.
- Disassembling and reassembling equipment for sanitation, using basic tools.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of equipment to comply with food safety and quality standards.
- Inspecting and adjusting machinery and equipment, to identify worn rollers or bearings and report significant issues to a supervisor for maintenance.
- Counting and recording raw material usages and finished and rejected packaged items to calculate production efficiency and waste numbers.
- Adherence to all personnel, food safety, and safety policies.
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment or processes.
- Ability to analyze machine operations and propose solutions to problems.
- High mechanical aptitude is essential for this position.
- Ability to manage time effectively, plan and organize workspace.
- Ability to learn and apply company standards including, but not limited to, lock-out/tag-out, safety practices, SOPs, GMP, employee handbook, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing/food production environment preferred.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Employee Discount Program
Positions require standing, repetitive movement, bending and twisting, and using hands to handle objects; exposure to sustained noise levels; exposure to a variety of food allergens; exposure to hazards such as machinery, slippery floors, ladders and powered industrial vehicles. May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
Must be available for all shifts, nights, weekends, some holidays, occasional overtime, if necessary.
Ink Jet Machine Operator - Will Train
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad's state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. Our platform includes digital, gravure and offset presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you'll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
We offer excellent benefits for eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations, and more.
Quad is currently seeking Ink Jet Operators to work at their Direct Marketing facility in Effingham, Illinois.
We will train! All are encouraged to apply especially those who have worked in manufacturing, warehouse, or factory environments. Warehouse, entry level, machine operator, material handler encouraged to apply!
This position is responsible for:
Operating and troubleshooting Ink Jet Presses- HP, Kodak, etc.
Read and understand job tickets to prepare machine and complete make-ready
Monitor quality of product coming off of machine (some product may be mailed out straight off of the press).
Work with crew of 4-7 people
Assist other operators with webbing-up of presses when needed
Maintain a clean and safe work area
Minimum of two years inkjet or press experience is preferred
Must be self-motivated, reliable, and quality and safety oriented.
Strong computer skills and excellent communication is required.
The ability to work well with others in a team setting, as well as independently at times, is required.
Must be able to work a 12-hour rotating schedule that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Successful candidate must possess solid organizational and problem solving skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with little or no supervision.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, reaching, bending, walking, standing, stooping, pulling and pushing with or without reasonable accommodation is required.
What is Direct Marketing?
Direct Marketing offers concept-through-delivery services, including just-in-time marketing strategies, creative development, and creative and workflow solutions, as well as online communications deployment and comprehensive print production and distribution, all driven by data.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Zipp General Machine Operator
Performs duties associated with operating, troubleshooting and changing over the palletizer, depalletizer, and filler equipment in addition to general cleaning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: other duties as assigned
Monitor the various pieces of equipment in assigned area
Troubleshoots all equipment in assigned area
Performs any necessary change-overs on the various pieces of equipment
Performs hourly checks and other additional checks to verify machine operation
Perform required checks on product quality
Performs assigned preventative maintenance on equipment in assigned area
Assist in other areas as assigned during change-overs and clean ups.
Complete all necessary paperwork and inventory transactions
Maintain a clean and sanitary environment
High school diploma or equivalent. Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment is a must. Previous experience operating manufacturing or packaging equipment a plus
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!