Heading Saw Operator Job Description Sample
Cold Heading Machine Operator I (1St Shift)
Job Title: Cold Head Operator I
Location: Riverside, CA
Employment duration: 3-6 months contract-to-hire
Work Schedule: 1st shift (6:00 am to 2:30 pm)
Pay Rate: $15-$17/hour (depends on experience)
Amtec is seeking an excellent Cold Heading Machine Operator for an excellent manufacturing group in Riverside. The candidate will be expected to operate and monitor machine functions; perform some set-ups and set-up adjustments; record production output and chart process control data; and change tooling as needed.
Essential Job Duties and
- Operate Nakashimada PF 630 cold heading machine, 2 die and 3 blow.
- Maintain machinery by following instructions on Maintenance Logs.
- Receive and follow verbal and written instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Maintain production schedules and output.
- Perform all other related job assignments and functions as assigned and/or required.
- Must be able to perform some set-ups of machines such as cutting, labeling, and wire stamping machines.
- Must be able to use measurement instruments.
Additional Skills and Experience Preferred
- Able to read and understand MSOs and related paperwork.
- Computer skills applicable to the position
- While performing duties of this position, the employee is required to stand and walk for long periods of time, and is occasionally required to sit, bend, stoop, reach, talk and/or hear.
- Good manual dexterity, able to pick up small parts.
- May regularly be required to lift 20 lbs.
- May occasionally be required to lift maximum of 50 lbs.
- May occasionally be required to work irregular and/or extended hours.
- Able to work in an environment that may be subject to occasional loud noises, hazardous materials, chemicals, etc.
Skills and/or Experience Needed:
- Some prior experience working with cold head machinery & equipment
- Experience with hand tools
- Able to operate semi-automatic machines
- Must be able to verify work completed is per instructions given.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Must be able to read prints.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to follow instructions and perform necessary duties.
- Must be able to verify work completed is per instructions given.
We look forward to working with you!
Cold Heading – Lead Set-Up Operator
Cold Heading – Lead Set-Up Operator
Our client is looking for a candidate very good experienced with Cold Heading Machine set-up and operating. The candidate is also responsible for preventive maintenance for machines.
· Read job card and determine which operations must be performed
· Follow company safety rules
· Inspect parts, change punches
· Set up and feed wire drawings
· Operate multiple machines
· Cold heading machine experience – 3years
· Proficient in English
A FULL-TIME/DIRECT HIRE POSITION WITH ALL BENEFITS.
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.
Cold Heading Operator
We are looking for Lead Setup Operator, Cold Heading to join our family owned business. Located in Chandler, AZ.
Experienced candidates will receive top pay, but must have aerospace and cold heading experience. Candidate must be able to set up a variety of cold heading machines, check parts, ensure tolerances. Must also be able to run the cold heading department and have supervisory skills associated with tooling orders, scheduling jobs, and overseeing other headermen.
Sets up, operates, and controls a specific range of cold heading equipment. Enters in production and measurement information into required records correctly and accurately. Sets up wire drawer and any other related equipment required to run the jobs. Read and understand the tooling requirements by reading the shop work order. Use standard measuring tools to .0002" accuracy. Read and interpret complicated drawings, including hydraulic and pneumatic schematic drawings and symbols
- Make conforming parts per Work Order instructions.
- Run jobs/work orders as instructed and within the setup and run rates outlined on each job.
- Run jobs as indicated by the Manger or the lineup sheet. With Lead Set-up Operator, read the Job Card to determine which operations are to be performed.
- Select or make the appropriate tools. Set up the machine and run it to verify that the features meet Job Card or drawing specifications. Lead Man, QA or Manager verifies.
- Inspect the required number of parts and record the readings in accordance with standard instructions and procedures as defined in the Company's Quality Manual.
- Operate the machine(s), making in-process inspections frequently enough to ensure that good parts continue to be produced.
- Operate multiple machines assigned by the Foreman and/or the Lead Set-up Operator, but only as many as may be operated without losing control over the quality of the work. Lead Set-up Operators and Operators are to work as a team to maximize production.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness in the work area. This includes cleaning machines and work area daily and weekly.
- Must also assist in parts washing duties when necessary.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance, as defined in Preventative Maintenance Guide.
- Work safely. Follow all company safety rules to prevent injury to self and others.
- Perform other associated duties as required or directed.
- Heading example: Change punches, inspect parts, set up and feed wire drawers, monitor work coming out of machines. Must be able to properly use all inspection equipment.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary:
- Experience and ability to set, operate, and control cold heading machines with training and supervision. These machines include but are not limited to cold header, wire drawers, inspection equipment.
- Write and speak the English language well enough to do the job as described.
- Regularly lift and handle parts trays which may weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Perform necessary paperwork to complete WO’s and instructions.
Salary is dependent upon experience in the Aerospace Industry.
HOT Heading Operator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under general supervision, must exercise knowledge to perform a variety of job duties relating to the proficient set-ups of Heading machines including but not limited to:
Review router to determine setup, tooling and specifications of parts
Ability to troubleshoot and find resolutions
Provide information for Inspector evaluation and validation of quality
Meet quality, production and re-work targets in assigned work area by inspecting parts during production to ensure they are produced to required dimensions and conform to all specifications
Utilization of Statistical Process Control (SPC) as needed
Assist and train new operators effectively
Adhere to all AIC company policies
Other duties as assigned In addition to the above, Operators are to maintain an organized, clean and safe work area using safety standards and expectations while adhering to all quality practices. Management may change responsibilities and/or assignments to meet the business needs without prior notice. AIC follows an At-Will Employment practice. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Certificate from a technical school; high school diploma or GED and 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous experience operating National Headers; 1 die 2 blow; multiple dies and blows. REQUIRED SKILLS:
Language: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; ability to verbally communicate effectively.
Mathematical: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions provided in written, oral or diagram form.
Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
Ability to read and interpret router instructions and specifications.
Properly use calipers, micrometers and other gauge measuring tools.
Requisition ID: 176816.1
Cold Heading Operator
Cold Heading Operator in Elk Grove Village, IL at ITW
Date Posted: 2/13/2018 *
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
Job Type: Manufacturing, Skilled Labor - Trades
Experience: Not Specified +
Date Posted: 2/13/2018
About Us ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.3 billion in 2017. The company's seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has approximately 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company's unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. We offer unparalleled access to challenging opportunities in high-growth, diverse industries and markets around the world.
Selects, installs, and aligns dies, cutting tools, guides, and stops to setup machine
Sets controls to synchronize machine actions for various operations on work piece in specified sequence.
Positions coil of metal wire or rod on feed spindle and threads it through straightening rolls into feed mechanism.
Adjusts settings of dies on controls, as required, to produce product within specified tolerances and meeting quality standards.
Starts machine to begin production and observes machine operations for evidence of malfunction and products for defects.
Maintains, oils, and cleans machines on a regular basis.Drains and cleans oil trays; dumps scrap, and sweeps floor to maintain housekeeping standards.
Instructs and directs activities of workers in production ensuring setups are completed accurately and timely.
Ensures all quality and safety documentation is completed.
Other responsibilities as needed.
High School diploma or the equivalent required; Associates degree preferred
Prior experience operating single and multi-die header machines
Continuous Improvement Mindset
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Ability to complete routine production and quality reports.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Understanding and compliance with safety rules and regulations
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Job Function: Manufacturing / Operations
Business Unit Group: Engineered Products and Solutions
Position Description: Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) holds the number one global market position in aerospace fastening systems and rings, and we’re the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our rings and high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,500 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC). Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You’ll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries—such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It’s not just a job. It’s a career and a path to the future. You’ll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career.
Responsible for production of parts meeting print and specification requirements
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions using reasoning and decision making skills to ensure quality work
Demonstrate enthusiasm, takes initiative, and works with a sense of urgency to meet or exceed routing times and quality goals
Demonstrates learning agility and the ability to understand and interpret and variety of technical instructions including manufacturing drawings. Must have basic computer, math and reading skills
Ability to regularly communicate and work with a team Must be able to lift and handle up to 35 pounds on a frequent basis
Requisition Number: 21243BR
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
- Be able to use micrometers, calipers and comparator
Primary Location: AZ-Tucson
Minimum Education Required: High School or GED
Minimum Travel Required: None
High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
Minimum 1 year experience working in Production Manufacturing
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Business Unit: Arconic Fastening Systems
Job Type: Entry Level/New Grad Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits). We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.
Cold Heading Machinist
We are a 60 year old manufacturer in beautiful Wellington and have an opening on day shift in our Cold-Heading department for an experienced Cold-Heading set-up/operator. We manufacture parts for all industries by cold forming and machining. A qualified applicant will have some relevant experience cold-heading.
We offer competitive pay and benefits and have a great work atmosphere.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please submit resume via e-mail.
LOGIN + 13-Feb-2018 to 31-Dec-2018 (EST)
Chesterfield, MI, USA
Based on Union Contract
Full Time Competitive Full Benefits Packages Email Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components, and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets. HEADING TRAINEE-This position is responsible for assisting all header operators. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist all header operators as needed including, but not limited to:
Conduct pan checks to ensure product quality.
Responsible for assisting in proper lubrication of equipment, designated oil changes and minor machine repair.
Clean out machines.
Clean dies and other tooling.
Obtain necessary tools for next order prior to changeover.
Assist in unloading steel trucks, painting and tagging wire.
Weigh tubs including scrap.
Sort parts when necessary.
Keep machines and work areas neat and clean per standard.
Follow all safety, environmental, and quality policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned. EOE- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Maintenance - Electrical/Mechanical (Cold Heading Facility)
- 5+ Years Experience in the maintenance of Cold Heading Machines (Progressive Headers, Boltmakers, Nut Formers, etc)
- Experience with FORMAX Cold Heading Machines is preferred.
- Experience with secondary equipment (threadroll, machining, etc) is preferred.
Nelson Stud Welding offers a very competitive hourly rate and benefits package.
Nelson Stud Welding was founded 75 years ago and is a global manufacturer, with plants in the United States, Germany, and China. Our Headquarters and US Manufacturing Facility are located in Elyria, Ohio, which is 30 minutes west of Cleveland.
Nelson Stud Welding has a diverse worldwide customer base, supplying cold formed products to customers such as Caterpillar, Cummins Turbo Technologies, the US Navy, General Dynamics, Northrop Grumman, Electro-Motive Diesel, BMW, and Volkswagen. In a given year, the total number of customers numbers in the thousands. Nelson sells fasteners to multiple industries, including Industrial, Construction, Military, Nuclear, and Automotive.
Nelson Stud Welding is TS 16949 and ISO 14001 Certified. Customer Specific Certifications include Ford Q-1 and Northrop Grumman S.D.I.
Cold Forming Heading Setup/Operator
SFS Automotive Division is seeking Cold Forming Heading Operators who takes pride in producing the best quality product in the industry.
1-3+ years of experience in cold forming or heaving forging
HS diploma/GED required, additional training on specific skills preferred
Post offer- must have a favorable background check and a negative drug screen
Compensation commensurate with experience
Reads prints for product specification
Conducts machine set up and operations
Two die up to six die blow, multi-die headers forming parts through production and speed
Preventive maintenance as needed
Follows safe work practices including preventive and predictive maintenance and the proper tools.
May stand for long periods of time, occasionally lift up to 50#
If selected, the candidate must successfully meet all employment requirements including job related testing and a post offer favorable background check and drug screen. SFS is a equal opportunity employer and a prides itself as a drug free work environment.
SFS offers an unique offsite learning opportunities, work-shops, on-line training, a comfortable and environmentally friendly atmosphere, a generous benefit plan offering standard or highly deductible medical plan, HSA, FSA, dental, vision, life insurance, short & long term disability & 401(k) with a Company match. SFS also offers vacation, holidays, a fitness membership incentive, improvement teams and an activities committee where you can get involved and make a difference!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!