Health Officer Field Job Description Sample
Field Environmental Health Officer
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
To provide environmental health services to remote villages as assigned.
Minimum qualifications are a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in environmental health or related field (sanitary science, industrial hygiene, occupational safety and health, or the equivalent).
Professional registration as a Registered Sanitarian (RS) or Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) through either the State of Alaska or the National Environmental Health Association; or post-employment licensure/registration within two year of starting date.
Superior verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
The ability to use a computer for word processing, and to generate survey reports with little or no clerical support.
The ability to schedule; plan; and organize resources, information, and time.
The ability to understand basic mechanical systems.
Ability to communicate in Yupik or Athbascan. (Desirable)
Generous PTO beginning at 4.5 weeks
Ten paid holidays
Comprehensive healthcare coverage
Life and Disability Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: or 1-800-478-890
Construction Health And Safety Officer
We think our Company is one of the most unique and exciting consulting firms. Working here means you will be involved with a variety of projects that span multiple disciplines, applications, and industries.
No other company possesses the technical depth and breadth of our staff's experience. It is this experience that makes it possible for us to work on such fascinating and diverse projects.
This position works in direct support of project teams to ensure construction, demolition, and renovation work activities do not adversely impact surrounding operations and assets. Provides consultation, coordination, and oversight activities to ensure appropriate requirements are satisfied during project pre-planning and construction phases.
Assists with interface of construction-related impacts and Operations and Maintenance staff. Supports Operations and Maintenance staff with safety and health training and consultation.
Experience inspecting construction projects in progress to ensure that contractors comply with plans and specifications in a healthcare, academic, biomedical research, or Fortune 500 environment. Requires working knowledge of federal, state, and local construction safety regulations.
Considerable skill in reading and interpreting construction drawings, plans and specifications and contract documents. Ability to prepare, organize and maintain inspection data, reports and systems. Proficiency with Microsoft products, including Word, Access, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
Required to occasionally wear personal protective equipment, including respiratory protection equipment. Must be able to frequently walk up and down stairs and occasionally use ladders or enter confined spaces. Must be capable of lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
This position requires extensive knowledge of Construction practices and materials and skills related to the safe operation of construction sites, including but not limited to, excavation, scaffolding, forklift operation, cranes/hoists, fall protection, signs/barricades, steel erection, hand/portable tools, confined space and hearing conservation. Must be able to manage multiple projects and priorities and make sound decisions in a timely fashion. Ability to function in a position designed to serve independent operating units in decentralized environment.
1 to 3 years experience conducting health and safety audits. Excellent skills related to analysis and application of rules and regulations.
Ability to work well in team atmosphere and apply direction from senior staff. Working knowledge of Federal health, safety and environmental requirements. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel.
Able to provide high quality analysis and application of rules and regulations for online regulatory searches. Excellent verbal and written communication skills mandatory
At our Company, variety is a way of life, and no two work days are alike. Our projects will technically challenge you in ways that you have never experienced before.
You will work on real-world problems and provide real-world solutions. You will work in teams to quickly research difficult problems, perform analyses or tests, and provide clients with conclusions and workable solutions. You might be in the laboratory on Monday, take field samples in remote locations like Alaska or Peru on Wednesday, and present your findings in front of a regulatory body on Friday. You will work with your peers on select investigations, but you will also have the opportunity to collaborate with many other accomplished colleagues of diverse technical backgrounds.
Health Care Security Officer
IS THIS JOB FOR YOU?
Thank you for your interest in working with U.S. Security Associates, Inc. (USA). Before taking the time to complete the application and interview process, we request that you read the following information so you will have a clear understanding of what USA requires of all security officers, as well as what your duties would include if you were hired.
Everyone USA hires must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be able to obtain a Local or State Guard Card (where applicable). This includes having a criminal background evaluation, being able to show valid identification, and be able to pay the State Security License fee that is required. Some clients may require specific pre-employment background checks and/or annual background checks. USA does not make the decisions regarding issuing security licenses.
- Be at least 18 years of age (21 for some positions)
- Have a reliable means of communication (i.e. home phone, cell phone)
- Have a reliable means of transportation to and from work
- Effectively speak, read and write English
- Must comply with USA appearance standards:
- Your hair must be neatly cut and groomed. Hair will be cut short enough or styled sufficiently to prevent it from standing out when the uniform cap or hat is worn or from extending below the top of the shirt or jacket collar.
- Refrain from wearing earrings, necklaces or jewelry worn in the nose, eyebrows, lips, tongues, or other extremities by men or women while on duty.
- Your face must be clean-shaven except that neatly trimmed mustaches may be worn unless there is a client requirement prohibiting them (such as interfering with the wearing of special safety masks, etc.). Reasonable accommodation based on race, religious belief or for disability will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All uniformed security officers must furnish their own black shoes (plain toed, suitable for wearing with a uniform) and furnish their own black socks. All shoes must be maintained in good condition.
As a USA security officer, you may be expected to perform one or more of the following essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Be able to work overtime and on various shifts as needed; including weekends and holidays. Reasonable accommodation based on religious beliefs or disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Be able to maintain accurate records
- Effectively comprehend numerous policies, procedures, and concepts in order to respond appropriately to various situations
- Communicate effectively with others
- Walk up and down stairs
- Stand for long periods of time sometimes in excess of eight hours
- Work outside in a variety of weather conditions depending on the assignment
USA does not discriminate based on an applicant or employee’s disability and will engage in an interactive process to determine whether there is a reasonable accommodation available. If you have questions regarding an appropriate reasonable accommodation, please contact the Human Resources department at 770-625-1500.
USA thrives on our security guards being customer service oriented to ensure that we exceed our clients' expectations. Satisfied clients are the reason for our existence. It is up to each and every security guard to ensure that our clients are pleased with the service they receive.
Under direct supervision, the Security Officer position patrols assigned areas to ensure protection of clients, visitors, property and equipment. Responsibilities include:
- Watches for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required.
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious person and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
- Patrols assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; uses client keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Prepares routine, standardized reports.
- Provides escorts as necessary
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- May provide specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment.
- Performs periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or street lights to ensure proper functioning; reports all malfunctioning as required.
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
JOB SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid state security officer license, if applicable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs.
- Ability to walk extended periods of time.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to see and hear accurately in both day and nighttime conditions.
- Ability to comprehend numerous policies, procedures, concepts and to be able to respond using discretion and interpretive judgment based on general and specific policies.
- Ability to retain knowledge, information, and directions on an ongoing basis and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid.
- Knowledge of portable fire extinguishers and their locations.
- Knowledge of the geography of the site to which assigned.
- Skill in operating portable radio devices.
- He/she must be customer service oriented.
- The successful candidate will pay close attention to detail.
- He/she must embody U.S. Security Associates’ values as a highly visible representative of the branch and set high standards for him/her and others.
Position based in Field Operations. Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Recognized for world-class customer service, leading-edge technology, and an enterprise approach to risk management, USA offers optimized security solutions to meet specific customer needs. USA is committed to building quality security and risk management programs that are Safe. Secure. Friendly.
USA's investment in a culture of excellence is reflected not only by BEST Awards from the Association for Talent Development, consistent ranking on the Training magazine Top 125, and technology-driven quality management system but also by the award-winning customer service delivered by the company's leadership team and security officers on a daily basis.
USA employs over 50,000 security professionals with diverse expertise and insight, ranging from entry-level security officers to some of the industry's best talent, from law enforcement, military and corporate security backgrounds.
We raised the bar for quality management with the help of a patented suite of integrated technologies that drive quality and accountability in our security service delivery processes. Cutting-edge technology is behind many of our proudest achievements, including top security company ranking for training, recognition for world-class customer service and technology-driven quality management system.
Today, U.S. Security Associates serves 5,300 clients in a wide range of markets and environments. We provide local responsiveness, national security services, and global consulting and investigations, wherever clients need Safe. Secure. Friendly. US Security Associates will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Site Safety And Health Officer (Ssho)
Whitesell- Green, Inc. is currently seeking a Site Safety & Health Officer (SSHO) for our Virginia Beach, VA Projects. This is one of many Federal Projects that we have at this time. If you’re looking for longevity in your career, you have searched the right place. Whitesell-Green has been in business for 40 years and have continued to make changes to stay in business for at least 40 more! The SSHO shall provide full-time on-site safety and occupational health management, surveillance, inspections, training, and safety enforcement.
The SSHO is responsible for managing, implementing, and enforcing the project Accident Prevention Plan.
- Daily site inspections and daily safety reports
- Provide onsite safety education to subcontractors
- Coordination of safety issues with the Quality Control Manager and Site Superintendent
- Provide management and oversight of site specific safety activities. Examples – Permit required confined space, abatement, lockout/tag out activities, etc.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of EM-385-1.1, OSHA 29 CFR 1910 and 1926
- Conduct mishap investigations and complete required accident reports
- Provide 1st day site safety orientations for all new employees
- Maintain applicable safety reference materials on the job site
- Maintain a safety and health deficiency tracking system
- Maintain current SDS (formally MSDS) list of hazardous chemicals on site
- Prepare monthly contractor safety self-evaluation checklist
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 30-hour OSHA Construction safety class(Required)
- Must be able to perform daily safety inspections and associated reports, daily equipment inspections, hazard analysis prior to activities, and weekly safety meetings
- Must be able to present safety evaluations and coordination with production and quality control functions at weekly owner and subcontractor meetings
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and Internet
- Fall Protection, Lead awareness, blood-borne pathogens, first aid/CPR, confined space management, attendant, and rescue, general competent person, trenching and shoring competent person, control of hazardous energies, forklift, man-lift, and fire watch training certified Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years of construction industry safety experience; federal government construction projects preferred
WGI has a strong working relationship with area building and specialty subcontractors who stand ready to participate in the estimating and construction process. By joining the project team early, we can offer cost saving value-engineering proposals to our clients, and we have the capability to perform timely and accurate cost estimating for budgeting purposes.
WGI has received numerous awards for quality of construction, service, and safety, including multiple Awards of Merit from the Department of the Navy and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. We attribute our success to the professionals in our employ, particularly our field superintendents, most of who have over 30 years with the company. These professionals perform their daily responsibilities with recognition of our corporate motto "Construction with your next project in mind." Our staff knows that the client's repeat business depends on complete satisfaction with our current performance, and that satisfaction is our principle focus.
WGI is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Field Home Health Aide
• Providing personal care including:
• a. Baths
• b. Back rubs
• c. Oral hygiene
• d. Shampoos
• e. Changing bed linen
• f. Dressing and undressing patient's/client's
• g. Skin care and prevention of skin breakdown
• h. Toileting activities
• i. Keeping patient's/client's living area clean and orderly, as appropriate
• Planning and preparing nutritious meals.
• Assisting in feeding the patient/client, if necessary.
• Taking and recording oral, rectal and axillary temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered (within the training limitations of the aide).
• Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care.
• Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered (within the training limitations of the aide).
• Assisting patient/client in the self administration of medication.
• Doing patient's/client's laundry, as appropriate.
• Meeting safety needs of patient's/client's and using equipment safety and properly (foot stools, side rails, restraints, etc.)
• Reporting on patient's/client's condition and significant changes to the assigned supervisory nurse.
• Adhering to the Organization's documentation and care procedures and Standards of personal and professional conduct.
• The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
We specialize in: Woundcare Program, IV Infusion/Chemotherapy Program, Pre-op and Post-op Program, Rehabilitation Program, etc.
We are located at 980 Enchanted Way, Unit 206, Simi Valley, CA 93065
Our areas of coverage include Antelope Valley, Ventura County and Los Angeles Counties.
We pride ourselves in giving excellent patient care services, by having affiliations with FACEY, Healthcare Partners and other medical groups; Infusion companies such as CORAM, Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy; Skilled nursing facilities, Medical hospitals, Rehabilitation facilities, Pain management centers and Clinical laboratories.
We prioritize patient care and we do not discriminate patients that are being referred to us according to their insurance plan.
Home Health Field RN
This is a Medicare Home Health FT/ per visit or Per Diem position it is for RNs with the following qualifications:
- An RN Licensed in the state of Texas
- Must have minimum 1 year recent nursing practice experience preferably recent home health experience.
- Able to communicate timely and effectively for patient issues
- Able to utilize mobile devices and Electronic Medical Records without delay.
- Knowledge of OASIS assessment and Plan of Care creations and proper nursing documentation is preferred ( see Bonus )
- Ability to start an IV and
- ability to perform finger sticks and veinapunctures on regular bases including PT/INR testing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform full patient assessment including OASIS on admission, after hospitalization 60 re certification and upon patient change of condition of patients
- Participate in decision making process regarding patient care including patient clinical, functional and environmental and services needs.
- Create and modify the plan of care for patients
- Perform supervisory visits for LVNs and Aids
- participate in case conferencing of patents among the health care team
- Communicate with physicians, care coordinators and supervisors to present changes and needs of patents care
- Delegate LVNs to perform procedures, teach and Assess patient health care status.
- Write and supervise accurate home health aid plan
- Perform regular visits as needed
- Communion patient Insurance medicare requirements regarding their health care needs
- Meet time lines of all regulatory standers
- be on-call minimum of once every month.
to apply please respond to this add
RN - Home Health Field Nurse
As a Registered Nurse (RN) with MedStaffers, you are an integral part of our team of healthcare professionals committed to keeping people of all ages safe at home. You will provide assistive care, assist with mobility, and maintain a clean and comfortable living environment. Your focus will always be on the client as you contribute compassion, excellence and reliability to their care. You’ll participate in our team approach to care while also having meaningful one-on-one time with your clients.
You will deliver the highest level of care to those who need it the most right in their own homes. We are seeking qualified individuals who are independent, accountable, and can easily adapt to an ever-changing environment. If putting the client first comes naturally in your decision making, then a career as a MedStaffers RN may be your perfect fit.
We are committed to growing the talents and expertise of our team members. Whether you are looking to advance your clinical knowledge or grow in a corporate environment, we have a career path for you. Our variety of scheduling options will allow you to maximize your time to ensure that our clients and their families feel cared for and supported.
MedStaffers offers benefit packages, PTO and competitive wages. Go online at www.medstaffers.net or give us a call at 866-695-8233.
It is the policy of MedStaffers not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
The MedStaffers clinical team is expanding and is currently hiring for Allegheny, Fayette and Westmoreland Counties. We are looking for experienced home health
- Completing OASIS assessment and discharge appropriate points in time
- Generating 485 plans of care for physician approval
- Initiating plans of care, re-evaluating patients' needs and revising recommendations, as needed
- Providing skilled intermittent nursing services
- Educating patients on disease processes and medication benefits and side effects
- Communicating Changes in patient's condition to the physician and care team
- Attending /Participating in Case Conferences
- Traveling within a geographical area
- Valid and in-good standing PA RN License
- Current CPR Certification
- Minimum of 1 year of home health experience
- 2 years of med-surg experience preferred
- Must have knowledge of OASIS-C OR OASIS C-2 experience
- Strong professional knowledge of Medicare Conditions of Participation
- Valid PA drivers license and auto insurance with reliable transportation
- Moderate computer skills required
- Must have the ability to work independently and to make sound medical decisions within his/her scope of practice
Position is part-time to start with the opportunity of full-time
Home Health Field Registered Nurse
Do you thrive in environments where you have more time to spend with patients? Are you an organized person with great time management skills? Are you passionate about providing the best care possible? If so, this home health position could be a fit for you.
In this full-time position, you’ll be providing one-on-one skilled nursing care to patients in their home, using innovative solutions, a specific care plan, and a preferred technology for point of care documentation. You’ll be able to spend time with each patient, ensuring that they receive the highest quality care.
Top reasons to love this job:
- Opportunity to provide one-on-one patient care
- Sign on bonus offered for full-time role
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Acute care experience as a registered nurse with the adult population in a medical – surgical environment
- Previous home health or hospice experience
RN Field Nurse, Home Health
Sign On Bonus of $3,000 for FT and $1,500 for PT and Per Diem
Home Health Registered Nurse RN Grandcare Health Services – San Diego County, CA
We are growing! Do you have a passion for caring for your patients? Then you need to talk to us!
We have IMMEDIATE opportunities for experienced Registered Nurses in the following areas:
Home Health Registered Nurse to see patients in and around:
San Diego County:
Per Diem and Full Time available.
Under the direction of the Director of Patient Care Services / Director of Nursing, the Registered Nurse provides services to patients in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, agency policies, and accepted professional standards of practice utilizing a comprehensive base of nursing theory and nursing process, and communicates and documents observations and assessments.Unless specifically required by law, rule, regulation, or local ordinance, all job attributes are preferred.
A registered nurse shall perform duties consistent with the State Nurse Practice Act. Required.
A registered nurse shall meet qualifications established by the home health agency for the services provided and any additional qualifications required by home health agency licensure regulations.
Required: Performs comprehensive assessments of patient status including physical, psycho social and environment parameters
. Develops and/or follows an individualized Plan of Care that incorporates analysis of data and current scientific findings.
Reports changes and information necessary to modify and update the Plan of Care to reflect progress towards goals/outcomes. Consistently demonstrates competency with technical nursing skills according to personal and legal scope of practice
. Assessment skills as applied to the patient, family/support system, and environment
. Teaching skills according to the patients’ needs and within the context of the patients environment, value system, and physical/emotional status.
Medication administrations. Initiates actions to improve the quality of patient care. Takes appropriate actions independently and responsively in home care situations. Initiates referrals as needed to other health team members when delegated by the Case Manager
. Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for patients and coworkers. Demonstrates knowledge of safety and infection control practices by compliance with established policies and procedures. Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment.
Assesses safety of environment and takes initiative to help prevent accidents and promote safety. Participates in ongoing, professional self-development.
Participates in all mandatory education per agency guidelines
. Identifies needs for personal professional growth. Demonstrates competency in areas of assignment or identifies the need for additional training (pediatrics, infusion, specialized equipment, etc.) Adhere to compliance with documentation requirements
Supervises applicable home health care team members as delegated
. Participates in the Organization Quality Improvement Program Performs other duties as assigned.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Demonstrates Customer service and satisfaction skills Effective written and verbal communication skills Organizational Skills Time Management Minimum Position
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
Experience: One year experience in nursing in a clinical setting
License/Certification: Current California RN license, driver’s license and current automobile liability insurance; current basic CPR Recent TB Skin Test or Chest XRAY
Physical examination within the last 6 monthsPreferred Position
Home health field experience Wound care including use of negative pressure device
IV and Central lines experience Knowledge of Devero EMR
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position in compliance with ADA/FEHA. Occasional stooping. Frequent standing. Constant walking, sitting, climbing, reaching high/low levels, finger movement, feeling, speaking clearly, hearing conversationally, and seeing far and near.
Field RN - Home Health
Our client is a company, headquartered in the Dallas area, providing home care to patients in Texas, Oklahoma, and surrounding states including personal care services, home management, skilled care and hospice. The company has been in business over 40 years and is experiencing rapid growth and expansion throughout the U.S. They are searching for a Field RN with Home Health experience in Laredo, TX. The Field RN will deliver clinical home health services to patients and their caregivers within a 50-60 mile service area of Laredo, TX. The Field RN must be willing to travel around this service area to visit patients in their homes.
Position Offers: Direct Hire position offering full benefit package and room for career growth and advancement
Requirements of the RN Field Nurse opportunity
- Minimum of 1 year of RN experience
- Prior home health experience is preferred but not required
- Current RN license
- Must be bilingual English/ Spanish
- On-the-job training, skill-set growth, room for advancement
- Multiple plans of affordable medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k with matching
- Generous PTO plan
Our website is http://www.z-techsolutions.net
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!