Heat Treat Inspector Job Description Sample
Entry Level, Heat Treat Machine Operator - 2Nd Shift
Entry Level, Heat Treat Machine Operator –2nd Shift – Arlington, TX Martin is the employer of choice for those looking for progressive growth with a stable future. Our company culture is "family-run business" within a multi-national corporation. Come join our team and see why others are choosing Martin to take their careers to the next level! Summary In this role you will be involved in the processing of metal parts by operating industrial machine tools, equipment, or systems in the Heat Treating Department. Description
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to report daily to the company’s Arlington, TX branch to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work from process sheets, blueprints or other written/verbal instructions given by supervisor to perform production tasks.
Maneuver large, awkward, or heavy parts manually or with a crane.
Setup, operate, and tend machines used to process components.
Install machine fixtures to assure safe operation of machine.
Maintain machine and work area in a clean and safe manner.
Check and inspect operation against predetermined tolerances.
Work in other areas or departments as assigned. Qualifications
Must be able to work Second Shift M-F (3:30 PM to 1:00 AM)
Good work ethics and reliable
Strong mechanical ability
Good math skills
Willing to be trained with a desire to learn a trade
Requires simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and reports in English
Must be physically able to handle heavy items including lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning components
Must be able to work scheduled hours and comply with the company’s timekeeping policy and all other company policies
Heat Treatment Experience a plus.
Welding Experience a plus.
Must be able to consistently stand for entire 9 hour shift
Knowledge of basic machining practices and materials is a plus, as is general mechanical knowledge
Ability to work in a team setting
Heat Treat Assistant/Operator
The Sousa Corp., a commercial & aerospace heat treating business in Newington, Ct, is seeking a motivated Heat Treat Assistant/Operator. The job entails working with a heat treater, performing a variety of heat treat operations on parts made of various steel alloys to improve their physical properties. The assistant will then transition to a role as a heat treater operating furnaces on their own.
The ideal candidate will utilize multi-tasking capabilities to excel in a fast paced environment. The position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, the ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs., and occasionally over. They must be able to read and write English, exhibit strong reading comprehension and math skills. A general understanding of computers is also required. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude that works well with other employees, customers and is self-motivated.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
· Takes customer parts out of their containers and place them racks, baskets.
· Remove parts from fixturing, racks or baskets.
· Package parts into customer’s container(s).
· Move parts throughout the shop using forklifts, hoists, motorized hand carts or carts.
· Set furnace programs based on requirements on the job traveler
· Complete paperwork as needed
· Test the hardness on heat treated parts to verify they meet customer requirements
· Other tasks as assigned
· US Citizen
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Read & write English
· Strong reading comprehension
· Basic math
· Stand in place for extended periods of time
· Lift, squat, bend, reach on a daily basis
· Occasionally lift over 50 lbs
· Communicate with co-workers and supervisors
· Heat treat experience helpful
· Forklift experience helpful
· Manufacturing experience helpful
· Due to the processing of FFL regulated parts, candidate must pass a criminal background check.
Heat Treat Operators
Seeking Heat Treat Operators to work 2nd and 3rd shift
The Heat Treat Operator will be required to load/unload atmosphere, vacuum and car-bottom furnaces. The operator will be required to do daily checks to include furnace controls, atmosphere and hardness. Ability to work unsupervised and multi task as needed. Multiple shifts available.
General Job Duties:
*Under supervision, performs the job of heat treat furnace operator as assigned.
*Receives supervision and directions from team leader and works from standard instructions.
*Very precisely, follow all safety procedures at all times while operating heat treat equipment.
*Able to utilize his/her time to improve productivity in case of furnace equipment failure.*
Specific Job Duties:
*From standard operating procedures and under supervision, sets temperature and time cycle controls of furnaces.
*Verify I.D. tags for correct parts and count, stage or transport parts to furnace area by hand cart or forklift loads parts into furnace baskets, data entry into the computer and select recipe, loads parts into the furnace. During cycle, checks constancy of correct heat treating parameters.
*Stage parts for next operation.
Other Job Duties:
*During the furnace operating cycle and under supervision, carefully observes, reads, understands and interprets all temperature instrumentation and meters to be certain the system is performing properly and according to spec.
*Detects and reports immediately furnace and computer system malfunctions, faulty instrumentations, defective parts, material, equipment, and other unusual problems or conditions to Team Leader.
*May assist Maintenance Dept. or outside repair service in making repairs on furnaces or support equipment.
*Maintains workplace area in a neat and orderly condition on a daily basis and performs a general department cleanup at least once a week.
*Collaborates with operators from other shifts to transmit and exchange information pertinent to work at hand.
*Observes all safety regulations in all duties.
*Performs other duties as required.
* On hands experience in a fast pace full heat treating plant
Heat Treat Techs
The Heat Treat Operator will be required to load/unload vacuum furnaces. The operator will be required to do daily checks to include furnace controls, atmosphere and hardness. Ability to work unsupervised and multi task as needed. Multiple shifts and locations available.
General Job Duties:
- Under supervision, performs the job of heat treat furnace operator as assigned.
- Receives supervision and directions from team leader and works from standard instructions.
- Very precisely, follow all safety procedures at all times while operating heat treat equipment.
- Able to utilize his/her time to improve productivity in case of furnace equipment failure.*
Specific Job Duties:
- From standard operating procedures and under supervision, sets temperature and time cycle controls of furnaces.
- Verify pan’s I.D. tags for correct parts and count, stage or transport parts to furnace area by hand cart or hand carry, loads parts into hopper, data entry into the computer and select recipe, loads parts into the furnace. During cycle, checks constancy of correct heat treating parameters.
- Stage parts for next operation or to MRB hold area.
Other Job Duties:
- During the furnace operating cycle and under supervision, carefully observes, reads, understands and interprets all temperature instrumentation and meters to be certain the system is performing properly and according to spec.
- Detects and reports immediately furnace and computer system malfunctions, faulty instrumentations, defective parts, material, equipment, and other unusual problems or conditions to Team Leader.
- May assist Maintenance Dept. or outside repair service in making repairs on furnaces or support equipment.
- Moves pans of parts to and from furnaces making sure not to mix parts.
- Maintains workplace area in a neat and orderly condition on a daily basis and performs a general department cleanup once a week.
- Makes out time, production, and quality reports as necessary.
- Collaborates with operators from other shifts to transmit and exchange information pertinent to work at hand.
- Observes all safety regulations in all duties.
- Performs other duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Heat Treat Operator
Fisher Barton Specialty Products has developed extended wear solutions for many diverse applications for the world’s leading Agricultural Equipment OEM manufacturers.
Fisher Barton’s highly engineered integrated manufacturing processes are designed to produce the mechanical requirements unique to each customer's application. Fisher Barton’s designs enable our customers to meet the ever increasing demands placed on agricultural components and systems. Fisher Barton’s engineered applications can be found on components and in systems ranging from harvesting equipment to tractors. Through Fisher Barton's engineered surface treatments and special processes our customer's products performance is enhanced, their useable life increased, and their downtime reduced.
Heat Treat Operators are responsible for operating, maintaining, and cleaning heat treat machinery and/or equipment. Expected to provide support as a Heat Treat Operator to other Business Units. Operators must work safety at all times and efficiently to ensure top productivity and quality in products produced.
- Short Run –Double lapel machine, Austemper
- Long Run –Single Lapel, Austemper, Flux Fuse
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Determine types and temperatures of baths and quenching media needed to attain specified part hardness, toughness, and ductility, using heat-treating charts and knowledge of methods, equipment and metals.
- Adjust controls to maintain temperatures and heating times, using thermal instruments and charts, dials and gauges.
- Test parts for hardness, using hardness testing equipment. Examine parts to ensure metal shade and color conform to specifications.
- Remove parts from baths after specified times and air dry or cool parts in water or other baths.
- Identify proper racking systems; rack and unrack a variety of parts and safely operate pneumatic hoist through austemper tank lines.
- Perform clean outs of baths with appropriate PPE and safety precautions.
- Operate weigh scale, ensuring correct amount of parts move to next operation.
- Check Quality of product machined and notify supervisor of process issues.
- Complete relevant check lists, documentation accurately and timely and per instruction
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Perform operator maintenance and/or 5S housekeeping per established schedules
- Other duties as assigned
- Austemper salt baths, pneumatic hoist, part fixtures, weigh scale, hardness tester, hand grinder, fork truck, and basic tools such as hammers, screw drivers, wrenches, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Good attendance
- Ability to use basic math to analyze information and measuring equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work safety and efficiently
- Ability to work with close tolerances
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instruction and written processes
- Heat Treat experience
- Experience working with computers
- Ability to stand 8-12 hours a day
- Sit, stand, squat, bend
- Reach overhead with one or both arms
- Repetitive movement of lifting and placing parts on machines / up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to occasionally push/pull up to 75 pounds
Working Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and regularly exposed to high heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Safety requirements for this position are safety glasses, hearing protection and steel-toed work boots.
Additional Safety Equipment may be required for certain work and is required based on the production job being performed at the time.
We currently have 2nd and 3rd shift openings
Heat Treat Production Supervisor (#3021Js013018)
- Company specializes in manufacturing metal components
- Manufactures products for the aerospace, defense, and energy generation industries
- Established company that retains many recognizable industry names as clients
- Lots of opportunity for advancement at company
- Review, revise, and enforce process control and safety procedures
- Ensure production meets budgetary, P&L, output, and other requirements/goals
- Ensure a safe and clean working environment through good housekeeping practices
- Train employees on proper safety/production procedures (such as LOTO) and maintain adequate staffing levels
- Support new capital programs and lean projects targeted at increasing productivity and capacity
- Must have prior managerial or supervisory experience in the manufacturing industry
- Must have a work history that demonstrates progressive responsibility and leadership experience including establishment of corrective actions
- Must be computer literate and have prior experience implementing or facilitating process improvements
- Prior supervisory experience in an union environment is preferred
- Bachelor of Science in a related field is required
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- All applications must be accompanied by a resume and contact information
- Please forward your resume to James Starre and reference job #3021JS013018
Heat Treat Operator
Title: OCG – Heat Treat Operator - Addison
Job Status: Non-Exempt/Regular/Full-Time
Reports Relationship: Reporting to the
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Work Experience: Must have 1+ year related experience/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Primary responsibilities are setting up and tearing down equipment in addition to performing routine and preventative maintenance tasks, calibrations and overall equipment and facilities upkeep. Assisting with project execution and daily tasks associated with providing industrial maintenance services. The Heat Treat Operator must assist with proper documentation and reports of services provided
Personal Characteristics: Results oriented with the ability to pay strong attention to detail. The successful candidate need to be a pro-active self-starter that can work independently or with a team. Excellent analytical and organizational skills are required for this position.
Principal Area of Responsibility:
-Able to work from Heat Treat sheets, blueprints and instructions
-Able to follow precise directions and procedures
-Must possess knowledge of basic equipment functions
-Must possess knowledge of advanced Heat Treatment techniques and procedures
-Must possess knowledge of basic Metallurgy & Mathematics Pertaining to Heat Treatment
-Must have prior experience with complex Heat Treatment setups
-Knowledge of company Safety policies and procedures is preferred
-Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clients, supervisors, and co-workers
-Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record
-Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC card
-Must possess an advanced knowledge of all applicable codes
Position must possess the following skills, qualifications, and capabilities:
-Comply with department operations by painting parts, straightening shafts, conducting hardness tests, operating heat treat equipment, checking instruments and work quality
-Perform weekly and daily maintenance
-Perform P.M. programs
-Perform minor assembly and lab work
-Complete duties as assigned in a timely manner
-Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
All other duties and activities as assigned or necessary to support the Operation
Physical and Mental Demands:
-incumbent must physically and mentally perform the job demands as listed above
-resourceful, “hands-on”, “roll-up-sleeves” approach to work while maintaining professionalism, positive demeanor and quality-focused manner
Custom Gearing, Backed by Personal Service
Although we've kept pace with the latest technological advances, we have not forgotten the personal service and individual attention essential to meeting our customers' expectations. Dedicated employee-owners and loyal suppliers utilizing superior information technologies and integrated systems have allowed Overton Chicago Gear to streamline production scheduling and provide gearing to the most demanding quality standards with the industry's shortest lead times.
Overton Chicago Gear is a full service manufacturer of gears and enclosed gear drives with a rich tradition.
Overton Chicago Gear has been designing and producing gear boxes since 1888 and was one of the founding members of the American Gear Manufacturing Association (AGMA). The current company of OCG comprises itself of; Overton Gear, Chicago Gear, D.O. James, Illinois Gear, Balfre Gear, Franke Gear and Ignition Engineering. The product capabilities of Overton Chicago Gear range from a gear one inch in diameter up to a gear of 160 inch in diameter, and enclosed gear box assemblies weighing over forty thousand pounds.
In our second century of service to industry, Overton Chicago Gear continues to be a leader in quality, innovation and service. Our strength is our technical support. Our Engineers have designed drive systems for all major industries, including steel, metal working, chemical, paper, cement, rubber, mining and material handling. No matter how special the application is, Overton Chicago Gear with over 100 years of know-how coupled with modern computer technology assures quality product solutions.
Heat Treat Operator
Description _POSITION TITLE: _Heat Treat Operator NTA Precision Axle, a joint venture of three world class manufacturing companies, is located in Carol Stream, IL. NTA will manufacture steel products used for automotive and industrial applications. The majority owner of NTA is NTN, which is one of the world’s premier bearing manufacturers serving the automotive and industrial markets for the over 90 years.
Position Hours: * 1st shift, 7 a.m. ~ 3:30 p.m. * 2nd shift; 3 p.m. ~ 11: 30 p.m. * 3rd shift; 11 p.m. ~ 7: 30 a.m.
Applicant Requirements: Prefer candidates with manufacturing experience, self-motivated, demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude, outstanding attendance record, and enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
Must possess an innate drive to excel, and be able to work a 2nd or 3rd shift position. Must be able to work weekend overtime as required.
Job Expectations: Machine Operations – Check specs, load/unload production lines, use measurement tools, manual inspection of parts, and change/adjust control parameters for industrial heat treat line, completion of production paperwork.
Additional Duties – Daily preventative maintenance, remove, replenish fluids/lubricants, and 5S cleaning responsibilities. NTA Precision Axle offers a full range of comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement. NTA Precision Axle is an equal opportunity employer that strongly supports diversity in the work place. Job: Heat Treat Operator
Primary Location:* Illinois-Carol Stream-795 Kimberly Drive
Job Posting:* Dec 15, 2017, 12:00:00 AM
Req ID:* 795121
Heat Treat Operator 2Nd Shift
Eaton located in Charleston, SC has an opening for a Heat Treat Operator. The purpose of the Heat Treat Operator is to support the operations team by ensuring the quality and quantity of product produced in the Heat Treat operation.
The Heat Treat Operator will need to complete all inspections, training, and support projects as needed and required. This position will be on 2nd shift. Essential Functions:
Operate gas and electric furnaces.
Consults processes and procedures for proper recipes, instruction, and tooling to ensure quality product.
Lead / support continuous improvement projects such as productivity gains, downtime improvements, safety improvements, problem solving, etc.
Follow all Eaton safety policies and standards
Fulfill the requirements of the Quality Policy and Quality Management System
Maintain a clean and safe working environment adhering to 5S Principles
Ability to troubleshoot machine malfunctions.
Operate and set up induction machines for brazing and hardening.
Select and regulate furnace temperatures for specific treating jobs; visually inspect materials for foreign matter and positioning materials on racks or containers, load furnaces and time prescribed heating cycles to bring material to proper temperatures.
Familiarize and train other Heat Treat operators using process documentation, quality plans, and the operator training checklist as needed.
Read, post, maintain charts on furnaces, maintain logs (SPC, etc.) and interpret gages.
Use computer terminal to help track, monitor and record department activities.
Responsible and accountable for quality of work produced and records and documents required.
Able to work overtime as needed (both during the week and weekends)
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned. Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion.
Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Qualifications Basic qualifications: · High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution. · Minimum of 6 months of work experience in an industrial manufacturing environment in a heat treat role. · Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. · This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S.
Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. · No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area will be considered for this position.
· Completed ASM related heat treat courses or equivalent. · Two (2) years’ experience setting up and operating heat treating furnaces. · Understands Statistical Process Control. · Ability to read and interpret complex engineering processes, process sketches, and blueprints. · Experience with Hardness Test Equipment.
Position Criteria: · Ability to follow detailed procedures and heat treat recipes. · Ability to perform visual inspection of parts for quality defects. · Ability to read micrometers and calipers and use functional gaging such as spline gages. · Ability to learn technical science and math-based concepts. · Must be able to use a computer (Windows based) and the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point. · Must be able to clearly communicate in written as well as oral form. · Must be able to work in a team setting. · Must have the ability to stand on feet for long periods of time. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs. We make what matters work.
Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning.
These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters. Job: Manufacturing & Operations Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico Organization:
AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems Job Level: Entry Level Schedule: Full-time Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No Does this position offer relocation?: No Travel:
No Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Heat Treat Induction Hardening Operator
Superior Group is in search of a Heat Treat Induction Hardening Operator for our client in Hudson, WI This role would require candidates to perform the following job responsibilities: Set up equipment, gather and record test results, section parts and evaluate induction hardened hardness, case depth and pattern.
Evaluate drawings for the proper selection of tooling (inductors and quench hardware), and writing programs/recipes for induction hardening. Hardness testing. Review and approve induction hardened production samples against manufacturing quality standards and engineering drawings.
Liaison with manufacturing, engineering and technical staff. Work with all levels of the company to maximize productivity as
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!