Heater Job Description Sample
Water Heater Installer (8106)
Company: ARS/Rescue Rooter
Rescue Rooter is a winning team! We're growing and need more quality, service-minded plumbing professionals! We set a high standard for employees. And we REWARD superior SERVICE and PERFORMANCE. We offer repair, service and installation in the following areas:
We are currently seeking EXPERIENCED WATER HEATER TECHNICIANS for our Riverside branch. We have immediate openings with great income potential. Priority consideration for candidates with experience with water heaters and sewer repair/replacement. Minimum two years of experience with residential and/or commercial water heater service and installation.
YOU WANT TO BE THE BEST IN YOUR FIELD!
...And you want to work for the BEST! ARS/Rescue Rooter, a national leader in the home services industry, was built on pride, hard work and dedication to superior customer service.
- EARN based on PERFORMANCE!
- Work for a company with a NATIONAL presence!
- Work with a great team that building LONG-TERM GROWTH and ADVANCEMENT potential!!
We offer year round work, company truck, equipment, uniforms, and a complete package including a 401(k), medical, dental, life and vision benefits.
Must have at minimum two years of water heater service and repair experience.
Tankless water heater experience highly preferred.
Have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Bilingual is a plus!
We require background checks and drug tests on all employees. American Residential Services will consider qualified applicants in a manner and in compliance with the California Fair Chance Act (AB 1008).
ARS/Rescue Rooter - Making it work! Making it right!
We are an equal opportunity employer
AA EOE M/F D/V
The Welder performs gas, arc and heli-arc welding and brazing. The Welder also sets up, adjusts and operates the spot welder, sets up and operates the induction heater and oversees metal cleaning and iridite operation, as assigned.
Interpret and work in accordance with work orders, drawings sketches, charts and other applicable engineering and production specifications; may also work from oral instruction only
Layout materials, determine sequence of operations, assemble, fit, align, attach in jigs or fixtures, and otherwise prepare parts and materials for all types of welding
Work with materials such as various alloys and gauges of aluminum, magnesium, stainless, tooling steel, castings, forgings
Setup, adjust, and operate gas, arc and heli-arc welding equipment; Use consumable electrodes, permanent electrodes, brass rods and other comparable materials and processes
Determine and adjust pressures, power stroke, current, timing cycles for proper spot welding in accordance with type of material, thickness and shape
Perform silver soldering using torch or other applicable equipment
Setup, adjust and operate induction heater to solder parts; May devise and fabricate coils as required • Use all applicable precision measuring instruments
Buff, de-burr, grind, polish, and perform other hand and bench finish operations as necessary to obtain a completed quality product
As required, perform various types of welding for maintenance department
Oversee the metal finishing and iridite process; Devise and make dipping fixtures as required
Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
Experience : 2+ years of experience as a journey level welder sufficient to demonstrate thorough competency and/or previous experience operating spot welder and induction heater sufficient to demonstrate thorough competency
Knowledge : Thorough knowledge of characteristics of materials being welded (strengths, stress, hardness, annealing); thorough knowledge of standard shop math utilized in layout of materials; Thorough knowledge of modern welding methods and techniques
Skills/Abilities : Ability to visualize and interpret three-dimensional forms from prints and drawings; Ability to conceptualize parts requirements from oral instructions and sketches
Education/Certification : High School diploma or equivalent
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment
Manufacturing operations may require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, gowning, masks, hearing protectors, heel/wrist straps and any other required PPE
May be exposed to unusual environmental conditions such as loud noises, cold temperatures, confined spaces, dust or fumes
Flexible and willing to work overtime if necessary
Standing: up to 100% *percentage is approximate and may vary depending on work task
Sitting: up to 100% *percentage is approximate and may vary depending on work task
Lifting (in pounds): up to 25 pounds
Pushing (in pounds): up to 25 pounds
Mental/Visual: use of computer/spot welder/induction heater/torch
Workspace: work bench
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Crane Aerospace & Electronics requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check prior to employment. FAA sensitive positions require employees to participate in a random drug test pool.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Stationary Engineer II
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
ORIGINAL POSTING DATE: 12/24/2013 - UNTIL THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE ARE MET AND IS SUBJECT TO CLOSURE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
EXAM NUMBER: Y-7198-L
TYPE OF RECRUITMENT:
OPEN COMPETITIVE JOB OPPORTUNITY
Has responsibility on a shift for the operation and maintenance of a combined high-pressure heating and central refrigeration plant
OR - in a very large facility, has responsibility on a shift for assignments which include either the operation and maintenance of a high-pressure heating plant or refrigeration plant
OR - is assigned to a geographic area of major multi-hospital medical center which requires maintenance and operation of steam reducing stations, ventilation and refrigeration equipment, and various mechanical and electrical equipment and controls. Essential Job Functions
Operates, maintains, repairs, and inspects manual and automatic gas and oil fired high-pressure steam or high temperature hot water boilers.
Operates, maintains, repairs, and inspects motors, turbines and steam driven equipment, steam reducing stations, expansion tanks, air compressors, supply and exhaust fans, various kinds of pumps and valves, steam traps, water treatment systems, water heaters and other heating plant auxiliary equipment.
Operates, maintains, repairs, and inspects reciprocating, centrifugal or absorption central air conditioning machinery including condensers, evaporators, cooling towers, pumps, purge tanks and related equipment.
Adjusts, maintains, tests, and calibrates boiler and air conditioning machinery and mechanical, electrical or pneumatic control instruments and safety devices.
Tests boiler water, condensate, cooling tower water, and water from other systems, and adds corrective chemicals.
Inspects, adjusts, repairs, and maintains refrigeration units for food storage boxes.
Inspects oxygen and vacuum systems for proper pressure and operating conditions.
Tests, operates, and maintains emergency diesel powered electric generating equipment.
Inspects fire alarm systems and main electrical distribution stations for proper operating conditions.
Keeps logs of plant operations and records maintenance and repair work performed.
Option I: Completion of a Stationary Engineer's or Operation/Maintenance Engineer's apprentice* program
- OR – Option II: Five (5) years' experience in the operation and maintenance of high or low pressure gas or oil fired boilers and auxiliary equipment, one year of which must have been in the operation and maintenance of refrigeration equipment. One year of classroom training from a trade school, college, a branch of military service, or other equivalent accredited school in the operation, maintenance, and repair of refrigeration equipment, combustion controls or industrial controls equipment, boilers, or water treatment systems related to power plant operations, in any combination, may be substituted for one year of the required special experience.
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
An Unlimited Steam Engineer's License issued by the City of Los Angeles' Department of Building and Safety. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved Universal Technician Certificate in compliance with Federal license requirements as provided in Chapter V, Section 608.
Physical Class II – Moderate:
Includes standing or walking most of the time, with bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching; includes working on irregular surfaces, occasionally lifting objects weighting over 25 pounds, and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds.
Special Requirement Information:
- Applicants who expect to qualify under OPTION I, through the completion of a Stationary Engineer's or Operation/Maintenance Engineer's apprentice program MUST attach a legible photocopy of the apprentice program certificate of completion to the application during the exam process.
Applicants who expect to qualify under OPTION II, with one year of classroom training, MUST ATTACH DOCUMENTATION as proof of the training to the application during the exam process.
Certificate/License Information: Please make sure to fill out the Certificate/License Section of your application.
In addition, you MUST attach a photocopy of the required license and certificate to your application at the time of filing. Applicants submitted without the required evidence of licensure and certification will be rejected as incomplete.
The required license, permit or certificate MUST be current and unrestricted; conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted license, permit or certificate will not be accepted.
This examination will consist of an oral interview covering job preparation, knowledge and skills, problem solving ability and oral communication, weighted at 100%.
Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or above on this examination in order to be placed on the eligible register.
Applications will be processed on an "as-received" basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
The names of candidates receiving a passing score in the examination will be added to the eligible register in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of promulgation.
NO PERSON MAY COMPETE IN THIS EXAMINATION MORE THAN ONCE EVERY TWELVE (12) MONTHS.
Appointees may be required to work any shift including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
The current vacancies are located within the LAC+USC Medical Center, 1200 N. State Street, Los Angeles, CA 90033.
APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION:
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Apply online by clicking on the "Apply" tab for this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment.
Utilizing VERBIAGE from the Class Specification and Selection Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT be sufficient to demonstrate that you met the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION and you may be DISQUALIFIED.
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met. Application filing may be suspended at any time with or without advance notice.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS.
Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed, and salary earned. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.
NOTE: If you are unable to attach required documents, you must fax them to (323) 869-0942 or e-mail the documents to the exam analyst, within 15 calendar days of filing online. Please include the exam number and the exam title.
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
All applicants must enter a valid social security number at the time of filing. Entering anything other than a valid social security number (i.e. 000-00-000, 111-11-111. etc.) will result in an automatic rejection of your application.
COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.
NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their application online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.
Shandel Lewis, Exam Analyst
(323) 869-0942 (Fax)
ADA COORDINATOR PHONE:
CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE:
Machine Operator Lead
Berry Global (NYSE: BERY) is a $7.1B global manufacturer and marketer of plastic packaging products.
Headquartered in Evansville Indiana, Berry operates over 125 global manufacturing facilities and employs over 23,000 individuals. At Berry Global, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. With our proven expertise in packaging and protection solutions, and our dedicated insights team that follows trends across a wide range of industries, we are uniquely positioned to serve a broad range of markets and customer needs.
Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. Here at Berry we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth and safety. We encourage you to be a part of Berry Global, the company that is always advancing to protect what's important!
The Production Lead Operator is responsible for the supervision of Custom Film production lines. Must know Custom film basics, troubleshooting, extruder drives, heaters and controls.
Constantly follows quality and production and makes the necessary decisions to maintain maximum rates with high quality in an efficient time and manner. Helps to maintain the shift safety and training programs to minimize accidents and injuries and to ensure a safe working environment. Coordinates with Maintenance for scheduled shutdowns and repairs in order to achieve the necessary maintenance work with the minimum operational losses.
Trains and helps evaluate staff. Inspects each line and checks the product is being run according to the specifications of the job; take corrective action to resolve problems. Forecast equipment for future orders. Acts as the shift leader by aiding, instructing and directing the shift staff in order to achieve the desired results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Review production orders and complies with the work order. Must meet production, quality and quantity standards on all lines.
Assures proper set ups and quality checks. Organizes work for smooth operations. Constantly follows quality and production and makes the necessary decisions to maintain maximum rates with high quality on efficient time and manner.
Assists in training packers on how to do quality checks, gauge, length, width and weight and does follows-up on production to make sure product is being produced to specifications and documents paperwork. Helps make necessary adjustments and settings to equipment. Can operate all aspects involved in a start-up, process control blending system, recalibration and control panel, printing press and bag separator and can take a line down properly.
Must be able to troubleshoot the majority of problems on extrusion, bag machines, seal bar units and winders. Helps to implement training programs for packers to learn the components of extrusion, bag machines and how these components work together to make sheeting and bags. Must know resin system and the various resins used for their application and in what capacity.
Inspect the finished products for quality problems and takes corrective action to resolve problems. Notifies Supervisor of equipment and maintenance problems; advises of quality problems. Assists packers and Operators when their lines go down or there is a manufacturing problem.
Moves equipment in and out of manufacturing area for production changeovers with a pallet jack or forklift. Replaces broken or worn out hand equipment and makes sure the packers have all of their PPE available and in use. Must be willing to work twelve-hour shifts and overtime when needed.
Complies with housekeeping rules, ensuring a clean and orderly plant at all times. Has a main focus on safety, quality, production rates, and problem areas affecting the process.
- OPERATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS;
Reads work orders and check production reports on the lines. Verbally communicates with Supervisor and other co-workers on production needs and process.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY;
Adheres to safety policies and procedures in compliance with Berry's guidelines. Visually inspects production area for tripping hazards, equipment safeguards, employee's safety, adherence to policies and maintains a clean work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent or five years of extrusion film manufacturing experience. Good mechanical background a plus. Have valid Berry forklift license.
Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
Ability to do functional math; i.e. adding, subtracting, multiplying and division. Ability to use a handheld calculator to figure percentage formulas and out-put yield.
Must be able to calculate the density of the blend and percentage of layer thickness with micrometers. Accurately read a tape measure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee must be able to keep up with moderate speed production machines winders, bag machines, printing presses, extruders, blenders and pumps.
Manual dexterity required with exposure to arm, wrist and back fatigue. The employee continuously uses their arms, hands and fingers to handle, grasp, hold, grip and squeeze. The employee routinely bends and lifts up to 65 pounds over a twelve (12) hour shift, kneels, squats, pulls and drags sheets of plastic, rearranges and organizes products/materials, climbs/descends stairs into/from the tower areas 50 to 75 feet in the air and pushes a broom to clean the production floor.
The employee stands approximately 10 hours and frequently walks the production area to locate materials, check supplies, locate pallets and offer assistance where needed. The employee routinely steps up 1 ½ feet and pulls themselves into the seat of a forklift. Operation of forklift and lifting equipment are essential to job responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions on this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to very loud. The employee is continuously exposed to temperature variances; extreme heat during the Spring and Summer and cold temperatures during the Winter. An essential part of this position is to work in a teamwork environment.
Gas Inspection Specialist, O'fallon MO
Growth Means Opportunity and Stability
Do you value professionalism and punctuality? If you are an individual who takes pride in being an expert at what you do, wants to work with a team of like-minded technicians and enjoys seeing your customers be genuinely satisfied, you may be a match for our team.
Opportunities for Gas Inspection Specialist serving the residential market is now available in O'Fallon, MO. Our service area includes St. Charles county and St. Louis county areas including Hazelwood, Florissant, Bridgeton, Chesterfield, Ballwin, Maryland Heights, St. Charles, St. Peters, O'Fallon, Wentzville and Lake St. Louis.
About the Gas Inspection Specialist, O Fallon, MO
From adding gas lines for a new stove or oven to fixing gas lines for a heater in your garage, Swiss Air is the leader in gas line projects in the O'Fallon area. No job is too much for our specialists.
- Make customers smile by providing superior technical service and consultative advice
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
- Perform proper preventive maintenance services in a timely manner
- Properly inspect gas lines and provide accurate advice and cost estimates to the customer
- Maintain accurate records of all work recommended and performed
- Operate company truck in a safe and professional manner
- Maintain truck stock inventory and keep truck organized and clean
- Ensure company truck is maintained properly including ensuring scheduled maintenance per company guidelines and ensure tools and equipment are in safe operating condition
- Willingly follow all company policies and procedures and provide input for continuous improvement
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferably two years formal technical training
- Completion of plumbing or HVAC training course from community college, technical school or military course. Equivalent on-the-job training experience will be considered.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in plumbing or HVAC service and repair
- Personal accountability and drive for excellence and production
- Valid driver’s license with no DUIs, revocations, or suspensions within the past 5 years
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Physically able to climb ladders, access HVAC systems, lift up to 50 lbs. and work in confined spaces
Keywords: Gas Line Inspection, HVAC Technician, HVAC service and repair, HVAC services HVAC Technician Job, O'Fallon MO, St. Charles county
Mechanical Design Engineer II Process Systems - 1060
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Engineer to join our Design Engineering team in Tullahoma, TN.
Mechanical Design Engineers design, evaluate, analyze, and assist in the fabrication and installation of hardware across the complex, including process piping systems, drive systems, mechanisms, and test hardware. Mechanical design engineers work closely with test and system engineers in development of design requirements and ensuring proposed designs meet those requirements. Close coordination with manufacturing is required to ensure economic designs.
Some specific tasks associated with this type of work include (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Develop concepts for new piping systems and provide flow, flexibility, thermal, structural, or any other required analysis to support the proposed design. Evaluate the analysis results for suitability relative to applicable codes and standards.
- Provide engineering support to the appropriate craft workforce to facilitate maintenance and repair of existing systems. Evaluate existing hardware for safety, security and potential for improvement.
- Serve as the design point of contact or lead designer on larger, more complex projects. Work with the project managers and project engineers to ensure that design input into cost, schedule, and other project-level decisions is accurate and complete.
- Provide guidance to and check the work of less experienced engineers.
- Work with the design team (drafters, checkers, etc.) to produce complete design packages, including detailed drawings, analysis reports, and equipment specifications, and be capable of communicating the details of these design packages to the remaining project team (system engineers, test engineers, project managers, craft supervisors, etc.)
- Provide engineering guidance to support the procurement of pumps, valves, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, or other hardware necessary for the fabrication and installation of the proposed design.
- Coordinate with the appropriate system engineer, craft supervisor, and/or work planner to ensure that hardware is fabricated and installed in accordance with the approved design package.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in chemical or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university plus 5 - 10 years of experience in the design and analysis of process systems.
- Technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
- Experience with the design of complete piping systems including pumps, valves, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, and other related equipment.
- Experience performing flow and flexibility analysis of complete piping systems.
- Experience developing equipment specifications.
- Experience reading, interpreting, and creating detailed fabrication and installation drawings.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Basic skill in oral and written communication.
- Experience with interactions with fabrication and machine shops.
- Familiarity with turbine and rocket test cells, wind tunnels, space chambers, and/or arc heater facilities; or other industry product test facilities is desirable.
- Familiarity with Caesar II software package.
- Familiarity with Applied Flow Technology (AFT) Arrow, Fathom and Impulse software packages.
- Familiarity with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD software packages.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
Energy Efficiency Journeyman Electrician
- Wire new switches, fixtures and appliances
- Re-wire homes (partial and full-rewire jobs), electrical service equipment, and devices required for the installation of residential and light commercial energy efficiency equipment
- Act as on-site supervisor for electrical teams and provide regular reports of team activities to Contracting Crew Team Leaders, Operations Team members and/or the Contracting Department Manager
- Perform the electrical portions of water heater and HVAC appliance installation, as required by law
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolving electrical issues.
- Communicate with clients and Inspectors to satisfy requirements and to meet expectations.
- Train and mentor co-workers on basic electrical improvements
- Install commercial lighting for parking and area lighting, including the use of lifts and safety equipment
- Work equally well independently and on a team
- Manage projects and other electricians as needed for larger commercial and/or multifamily retrofit projects
- An Electrician Journeyman license
- 5+ years of experience as an Electrician including documented commercial lighting project experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead or support teams as needed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Physical mobility of upper and lower body
- Capability to work in various positions required by electrical contracting work such as stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, leaning, balancing on ladders, etc.…
- Ability to work in unconditioned environments (e.g. hot, cold, rain, wind, humid, etc.…)
- Comfort on ladders, uneven surfaces, and especially work at heights using scaffolding, lifts and/or ladders
- Ability to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to perform work
- Capability of lifting 50 pounds of electrical materials or a ladder
- Reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- The ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record check, and drug screen
In addition to the requirements above. YOU ARE...
- Bright. You think before you act. You recognize what it takes to do a job professionally and then execute.
- Passionate. You like what you do, and you take pride in being good at it. You understand the importance of doing your job at a high level for your safety and the safety of your customers. You like working with your hands as well as your head, and you get satisfaction from knocking out projects.
- Nice. You work well with others. Whether being a good team member on large electrical projects or individually taking care of the electrical work on a multi-trade scope of work, you recognize the connections and support system you’re a part of. You get information you need to do your job, and share information that is helpful to clients, coworkers and management.
- Professional. You ensure you have clarity about what needs to be done, and perform those duties in full compliance with NEC and appropriate codes. You’re respectful to clients, coworkers, colleagues and management, and you expect the same in return. You treat people how you want to be treated.
- Flexible. You do what it takes to get the job done. You understand that things come up, and when they do, you confirm what needs to be done to do the job on time and on budget.
- Fun. You understand life is short, so we better enjoy what we’re doing and who we’re doing it with.
Elysian Energy is a green-focused company with a fun, team-oriented approach to work. Benefits include:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- 15 paid vacation days
- 4 paid days to volunteer in the community
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Elysian Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Electrician - Journeyman
Calray Electric, Inc. has an opening for a State of California certified Journeyman Electrician for projects in at Naval Weapons Station China Lake. There is an immediate need for journeymen with a period of performance of one year. This position will be paid at a prevailing wage rate, determined by the Federal Government, when working on site. Benefits include a Pension Plan, Medical and Dental insurance.
Responsibilities include reading blue prints, ordering materials, communicating with management personnel requirements and scheduling issues, and the demolition, installation and troubleshooting of electrical items not limited to: bending pipe and conduit, running wire, installing devices and lighting.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs work required for the construction and installation of electrical systems for commercial and industrial work projects
- Performs work of a skilled variety demanding a high degree of manual and technical competency
- Repairs malfunctions by such methods as replacing burned out elements, fuses, and replacing defective wiring
- Tests electrical equipment, such as, motors, heaters and controls for safety and efficiency using standard test equipment and by observing functions
- Installs fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment
- Inspects circuits for specified shielding and grounding
- Install feeders
- Wire and conduit sizing
- Switchgear and device installation and termination
- Underground layout and rough-in
- Motors and controls troubleshooting
- Work responsibly using personal and company supplied tools and equipment
- Performs all job duties following all established safety standards
- Locates and determines electrical malfunctions using test equipment
- Maintains a “can do” attitude that is broadcast to those they influence
- Active State of California Journeyman license.
- OSHA 10 Safety Certification.
- Ability to sustain considerable physical effort at frequent intervals
- Stand, stoop, kneel, bend, and lift/carry up to 50lbs 100 feet
- Ability to climb ladders
- Work in extremes of temperature cold/heat
- Work around dirt, dust and other construction environs
- Use basic hand and power tools as required
- Able to supply their own personal tools per established tool list
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and Foreman in English
- Able to read instructions and follow safety rules and regulations
- Must be able to pass drug test and background check for access to DoD facilities.
- Must be able to travel.
Steam Plant Operator-Repairer - Shift Work - University Of Hawaii (Manoa Campus), Oahu
Recruitment Number 219255
Shift Work: All applicants must be available to work rotating shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
This continuous recruitment may be closed at any time. The notice of the last day to file applications will be posted on the State of Hawaii's Civil Service Job Opportunities Listing page of our website.
Independently operates, maintains and repairs a number of high pressure power boilers, heaters and auxiliary boiler room equipment; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements:
Experience and Training: Two (2) years of experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of high pressure power (steam) boilers, boiler heaters and auxiliary equipment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Driver's License: Some positions require possession of a valid driver's license at the time of appointment. The immediate vacancy has this requirement.
The information provided above represents a summary of the complete Minimum Qualification Requirements. To view the Requirements in their entirety, please CLICK HERE.
The State of Hawai'i complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodations in completing an application, any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the selection process, please call 808-587-0936 for assistance.
PUBLIC SERVICE LOAN FORGIVENESS (PSLF) PROGRAM
The PSLF Program is a federal program that is intended to encourage individuals to work in public service by forgiving the balance of their federal student loans. To qualify, the individual must have made 120 qualifying payments while employed by a qualifying employer. For more information, please click: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
ELECTRONIC NOTIFICATION TO APPLICANTS
The Department of Human Resources Development (HRD) will use electronic mail (email) to notify applicants of important information relating to the status and processing of their applications as part of our ongoing efforts to increase operational efficiency, promote the conservation of green resources, and minimize delays and costs.
Please ensure that the email address and contact information you provide is current, secure, and readily accessible to you. We will not be responsible in any way if you do not receive our emails or fail to check your email-box in a timely manner. In addition, please be aware that you may no longer receive notification about applications submitted if you choose to disable the Job Application Emails feature in your Account Settings.
The examination for this recruitment will be conducted on an unassembled basis where the examination score is based on an evaluation and rating of your education and experience. It is therefore important that your employment application provide a clear and detailed description of the duties and responsibilities of each position you held.
In-person interviews and/or further testing in Hawaii may be required at the discretion of the hiring agency. If in-person interviews and/or further testing is a requirement, applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements and are referred to the vacancy must be available to participate in person and at their own expense in this required phase of the selection process.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible. In addition to employment availability and score, the referral of qualified applicants may be based upon other factors including date of receipt of the application.
CLICK HERE for further information about Equal Employment Opportunity, the Merit Civil Service System, Citizenship and other requirements, Reasonable Accommodation, Veterans Preference, Examination Requirements, and the State Recruiting Office's Levels of Review.
Lead Steam Heating Technician
Install steam boilers to high standards
Install water heaters and oil tanks as part of new installations
Perform annual maintenance on steam boilers
Install steam pipe insulation
Install steam radiators
Service & repair existing steam systems
This job includes extensive local travel throughout RI, eastern MA, & eastern CT, which is fully paid. Occasional hotel stays are also required, also fully paid.
5 to 15 hours over-time most weeks, including summers, if desired.
Most weekends off, but occasional Saturdays in winter.
No emergency on-call shifts. Regular M-F + OT only
Qualified candidates will be experienced in:
1. Pipefitting/steam fitting
2. Steam boiler installations
3. Steam boiler troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance
4. Steam system types and properties
- Minimum 5 years uninterrupted work in the heating industry
- Licensed by RI, MA or both for oil or gas, or both
- Clean record, both criminal & driving
- Completion of assessment. After applying you will be emailed a separate assessment for your completion. No applications will be considered without a completed assessment being received.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!