Electric Motor Winder
Your Career Begins at Timken
Electric Motor Winder
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Smith Services, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services, is part of the largest electric motor, controls and generator repair group in the Northeast, providing electric motor repairs, electric motor rewinds, custom controls and panels, systems integration, pump services, machine rebuilds, hydro services, safety-related services, energy efficiency solutions, and diagnostic services for commercial and industrial applications.
Smith Services is currently seeking an Electric Motor Winder to provide motor winding services in support of operations at the Princeton, WV site.
Timken provides a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and short- and long-term disability insurance. Also, 401(k) matching, paid vacation and holidays. We will provide your uniforms, prescription safety glasses, and help purchase your safety shoes. Our associates are also eligible for yearly, performance based bonuses and merit increases. All benefits are available immediately.
* Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit's electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage or intended serviceability.
* Test condition of windings according to EASA standards.
* Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment.
* Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage, or unusual conditions.
* Rewind various electro-mechanical equipment, including but not limited to: single phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotors and transformers. Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding.
* Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment according to EASA standards and document test results.
* Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
* Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand-held power and non-power tools.
* Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment
* Keep work area clean and organized.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Various assembly duties while following customer specifications.
Applicant must have both verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, along with ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and 5 years of experience. Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays to meet production demands is required.
* Applicant must have good verbal and written communication skills.
* Must have the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, along with ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
* Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and 5 years of experience.
To apply go to careers.timken.com. We only accept resumes for open positions. We do not accept resumes in person.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Join one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® – an honor we've received nine times.
The Timken Company designs a growing portfolio of engineered bearings and power transmission products that improve the reliability and efficiency of global machinery and equipment to move the world forward. Timken posted $3.6 billion in sales in 2018 and employs more than 17,000 people globally, operating from 35 countries.
Why Choose Timken?
* Over a century of knowledge and innovation
* A culture of top performance
* A global, diverse environment
* Products that contribute to a sustainable world
* A conviction to improve communities around us
* Competitive salary and benefits
Not Ready To Apply?
Stay connected by joining our network and we'll keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that match your interests.
POST JOBS FOR FREE