Heel Compressor Job Description Sample
General Labor-Tar Heel Facility
Overview This job description indicates the nature of production work routinely performed by a production employee at the Smithfield
- Tar Heel Plant. This description is meant to help individuals who may be unfamiliar with food processing and what is required to perform this type of work. Production employees are routinely required to perform a variety of tasks that require manual material handling and the use of hand tools, knives, machinery and other equipment. Good hand-eye coordination and upper extremity motor skills are essential for most job tasks. Additional essential functions my be applicable to specific jobs. Production Starting Rate (Probationary Employees) = $10.00/hr EEO/AA Information Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law. Responsibilities
Continuous standing in one location for long periods of time (up to 2-3 hours). Most jobs have fixed workstations and are conveyor line paced.
Able to walk long distances on wet,uneven and slippery surfaces.
Climbing or moving on ladders,steps, stairwells, walkways and platforms.
Carrying, lifting, lowering,pushing and pulling of heavy and/or awkward objects or loads. Lifting and lowering of objects up to 60 lbs. Pushing or pulling of heavy carts, bins or transport containers.
Working in a cold environment between 20-45 degrees F, hot environments between 80-110 Degrees F and frequent contact with animal fats.
Wearing, using and maintaining personal protective equipment (PPE). Using, cleaning, maintaining, and safe handling of sharp cutting tools.
Frequent static and/or awkward work postures with neck and spine flexion while grasping, pinching,pulling, lifting, extending,flexing the hands and arms to perform tasks. A variety of arm and hand movements are required in applying force,movement and repetition.
Using and maintaining a variety of knives, hand tools, power tools and equipment, electrical devices, controls and motorized vehicles.
Being able to understand and follow oral and written instructions from supervisor and or designated staff.
- Additional essential functions may be applicable to specific jobs.
Competent and trustworthy to comply with federal inspection programs and all company safety and health policies.
Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Be available to work all scheduled hours, which may include mandatory overtime, depending upon production demands. Qualifications Must complete the required Human Resources Development Class prior to interview. Supervisory Responsibilities None Physical Demands Able to stand, twist and bend on hard floors for long periods of time. Work Environment Cold Temperatures between 20-45 Degrees F and Hot Temperatures between 80-110 Degrees F. Refer this job to a friend Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Connect With Us! Not ready to apply?for general consideration. ID2018-7486 Job LocationsUS-NC-Tar Heel CategoryOperations/Production/Environmental TypeFull-Time FLSA StatusHourly ShiftOther
- Ask for details
Compressor Valve & Compressor Component Repair
Samco Enterprises, Inc. was established in 1972 and is a multi-generational family owned business specializing in compressor valve and component repair, manufacturing and supply. We are looking for hard-working people to join our team in Odessa. We are looking for valve rebuilders, manual machinist, inventory personnel, office staff, and general shop help.
Disassembles, inspects, repairs, and re-assembles compressor valves, packing cases and piston and rod assemblies and other compressor parts
Experience with compressor valves and compressor parts
Operating equipment, sand blasters, lathes, lapping machines, drill presses, etc.
Keep work area clean and organized
Maintain min/max of compressor valve internals in stock
Perform “as found reports”
Perform final inspection reports
Great Attention to detail
Coordinator/Instructor: Cat/Ariel Natural Gas Compressor Program
Coordinator/Instructor: CAT/Ariel Natural Gas Compressor Program opening at the Central PA Institute of Science and Technology available immediately.
Visit for more information. EOE.
Air Compressor Sales Technician
F.P. Miller Co., who has been serving the industrial and manufacturing markets for over 70 years, is seeking an Air Compressor Sales Technician to work in Jackson, MI!
Air Compressor Sales Technician responsibilities:
- Marketing, buying and selling industrial air compressors, air dryers and accessories.
- Foster prospects into customers.
- Maintain and build customer relationships.
- Communicate with customers and take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of their air system projects.
- Occasional field service work, to evaluate customer’s air system problems.
- Field inquiries and take orders.
- Other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- All work performed in the Jackson, MI area or adjacent areas.
Read the requirements below and APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.
Air Compressor Sales Technician must meet the following requirements:
- A working knowledge in; repairing, servicing and trouble-shooting Industrial Air Compressors and Air Dryers.
- Have managerial and customer relationship skills in scheduling manpower and dealing with customers and venders issues.
- Have application and usage knowledge in; Rotary Screw, Rotary vane and Reciprocating Air Compressors and in Refrigerant and Desiccant Air Dryers
- Possess good communication skills, to deal directly with customers and team members.
- Must have a valid driver license with dependable transportation. Having a chauffeur’s license is a plus, but not necessary.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a Skilled Trades School Certificate in any connected field, OR an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must be able to pass a Pre-employment physical and drug screen\test.
- Must be a United States Citizen or have a valid green card.
If you have experience as an Air Compressor Sales Technician, then we want YOU to Apply Now!
Air Compressor Service Technician
Air Compressor Service Technician
Associated Compressor & Equipment is Central California’s leading provider of industrial grade reciprocating, rotary screw, and oil free compressed air systems. Proudly established in 1966 and celebrating 50 years of continuous operation, Associated Compressor is proud to be an integral part of the Central Valley’s thriving industrial and agricultural communities.
We are currently looking for Service Technicians to join our team!
Air Compressor Service Technician – Fresno, CA
Basic Function: Perform regular preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of reciprocating, rotary screw, and oil free compressed air systems. Diagnose malfunctioning system components, recommend repairs, and ensure equipment is maintained according to factory specifications.
- Troubleshoot and repair air compressors, air dryers (regenerative and refrigerated), auto drains, flow controllers, vacuum pumps, and blowers
- Pressure wash (where possible) and effectively clean the customer’s entire equipment pad including skids, coolers, concrete, tanks, etc.
- Accurately communicate with the customer and Service Manager regarding all services performed and clearly present all options for any required repairs, upgrades, or other customer needs
- Completely fill out all work orders, start-up forms, warranty forms, oil sample forms, and parts return slips
- Train and assist other Service Technicians
- Promote and practice proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal and protective equipment at all times
- Set, install, and pipe compressor systems as needed
- Participate in a rotating 24/7/365 on-call pool with other Technicians as scheduled by the Service Manager
- Complete all paper work and clerical/office responsibilities.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Education & Experience:
- 3-5 years refrigeration experience with license preferred.
- Technical training or related work experience required.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Excellent mechanical, electrical, and electronic repair skills
- Must be able to work well with others on the jobsite as well as on the phone
- Must be able to work on a ladder and/or scissor lift
- Must supply all basic required tools
Job Type: Full-time
HCI Compressor Rebuild Shop Technician
HCI Compressors based in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania (approximately 45 minutes from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) is searching Compressor Rebuild Technician candidates. The HCI Compressor Rebuild Shop Technician provides service for Screw compressors, both in house and at customer sites, while supporting the Aftermarket Team with all sales activities.
· Disassemble, inspect, clean, and reassemble industrial screw compressors to manufacturers’ tolerances, keeping detailed records of findings, and parts replaced.
· Diagnose compressor failures accurately and efficiently and determine/initiate repair.
· Must be familiar with rotating equipment basic repair techniques and practices.
· Represent the company in a professional manner at all times and provide outstanding customer service while performing all assigned tasks.
· Must be proficient in working with many types of tools including, but not limited to: pneumatic tools, intricate measuring tools; micrometers, dial indicators, and standard mechanics tools.
· Responsible for submitting accurate maintenance reports, expense reports, time sheets and other necessary paperwork daily.
· Assist shipper/receiver as required assuring on time shipments.
· Perform routine maintenance on shop equipment as necessary.
· Maintain workshop housekeeping duties and comply with Health and Safety regulations.
· While not extensive, ability to travel to customer sites on short notice to service and consult on compressor repair is required.
· Interact and respond to all aspects of Lean Manufacturing to support cost reduction, efficiency, delivery and Quality improvements.
· Ensure adherence to health and safety standards in compliance with company policy to ensure a safe working environment.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent, with some technical training.
· Previous experience with direct involvement in rotating equipment repair: diesel engines, electric motors, industrial pumps or compressors
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Computer literate in Microsoft Office Software including; Word, Excel, and Outlook is desirable.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport.
· Must be able to pass a background check and drug testing.
. Heavy lifting up to 75 lbs. is required from time to time.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
. Computer literate in Microsoft Office Software including: Word, Excel, and Outlook is desirable.
· Current certification with a forklift is preferred.
· Machinist and or welding skills are beneficial.
· General Environmental Health & Safety awareness is desirable.
Complexity and Creativity:
· Ability to undertake a diverse range of work on a daily basis
· Adapt to business requirements by being flexible within the workplace
Judgement and Decisions:
· Work to Engineering Drawings and manuals
· Willingness to travel to site is required, within North America.
Compressor Mechanic (Journeyman Millwright)
Universal Plant Services is searching for a Field Service Technician is responsible for performing hands-on maintenance, installation, commissioning, scheduled and emergency service on products serviced by company and under direction by Service Contract Manager. The Field Service Technician shall maintain a professional and positive attitude, perform quality workmanship, and be responsive to customer needs.
- Demonstrate professional work skills in the repair, overhaul, or commissioning of compressors at customer site.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision for daily operations.
- Perform plant maintenance such as, general machining, part inspections, low voltage wiring of components, mechanical assembly, and testing. (Any type of mechanical support to ensure the compressor station continues to operate).
- Perform work related tasks in strict accordance with company product tech manuals.
- Complete on-the-job training (OJT) on product line and supporting systems within the first year in this position.
- Keep current on Engineering Change Orders, Field Service Change Notices and Service Information Letters. Document work performed on Service Reports and record critical inspections.
- Operate in a safe manner in accordance with published safety guidelines.
- Wear appropriate PPE as per company guidelines and in accordance with job duties.
- Adhere to Safety policy guidelines.
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
- Perform high quality workmanship.
- Strive to provide all customers a “first time fix” for their equipment.
- Maintain customer satisfaction rates according to company guidelines.
- Complete all work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Adhere to company dress code and safety regulations.
- Maintain professional attitude and appearance.
Required experience (two or more of the following):
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three years military experience – Navy Engineman or equivalent industry experience.
- Basic understanding of gas compression and associated hazards.
- Must be able to read and interpret engine line diagrams and blueprints.
- Basic foundation of pneumatic, PLC and electronic engine controls.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to independently interpret product tech manual to troubleshoot compressor problems.
- Must be a reliable team player who exhibits a professional demeanor.
- Proficiency in English language (verbal and writing).
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds frequently.
- Maintain valid driver’s license.
- Hazardous environments associated with heavy rotating equipment in gas compression.
Headquartered in Deer Park, Texas, UPS has eleven full-service facilities throughout the United States. UPS stands ready to assist you with innovative solutions to your turnaround and maintenance needs. Our skilled craftsmen and supervision provide safe and high quality repair services to keep your facility maintenance costs low while ensuring your machinery and equipment is reliable, safe and efficient.
Service Technician - Air Compressor And Refrigeration
We are looking for a Service Technician - Refrigeration And Air Compressor to join our team! You will install, service, and repair heating and air conditioning systems.
- Inspect and perform equipment repairs on Air Compressor and Dryers
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in Comprssors or HVAC or other related fields
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Field Service Technician - Compressor
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated individuals for our Field Service Compressor Technician opportunity. A qualified technician furnishing a complete set of hand tools, who must have a functional knowledge of various (Cooper-Bessemer, Superior, Ajax, Enterprise, Penn) and competitive equipment (Clark, Waukesha, Dresser, Caterpillar), and who must have working level knowledge diagnosing and correcting engine problems, testing, checking, repairing and rebuilding these engines in Compression Systems standard hours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Disassembly and re-assembly of steam turbines, centrifugal compressor(s), or reciprocating compressor(s) components (including mechanical seal removal).
- Install, perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repair, and overhaul various types of compressors following manufacturer's instructions and/or company polices;
- Service and provide preventive and corrective field mechanical service on Centrifugal and Reciprocating compressors.
- Disassembles repairs and reassembles components and equipment to ensure proper alignment, balance and tolerances.
- Field maintenance tasks including equipment troubleshooting, installation/removal, repair
- May be required to perform machine tool work using lathes, mills, saws, etc.
- Remove and clean compressor rotors
- Replace and install gear boxes
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Inspecting equipment by checking bearing clearances rotor conditions, etc.
- Perform compressor repairs with disassembly (including mechanical seal removal)
- Willingness to support ACT’s policy of a drug-free work environment
- Willingness to work at heights, walk on high elevation grating and to walk up and down stairs with or without accommodation
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), minimum of five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of position-related education and experience required.
- Understands quality management system
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand mechanical drawings required.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic math skills required.
- NCCER Millwright Certification (Preferred)
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, machine tools, and precision measuring instruments required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- You must possess and maintain a current, valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to push/pull 100 pounds occasionally.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures.
- May require excessive travel, overtime and weekend work
- Requires up to 75% travel
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated individuals for our Machinist opportunity. We offer a competitive base salary ($20-$30/hour based on experience), training development, and full benefits (Matching 401(k) contribution & profit sharing).
Natural Gas Compressor Mechanic
Basic Compression is a fast growing natural gas compression company in the oil and gas service industry. We are looking for highly motivated Compressor Mechanics with at least 5 years minimum experience to join our team working on natural gas compressor skids.
· Knowledgeable of internals for various models of natural gas engines & compressors.
· Comfortable working independently or within a group.
· Be able to complete scope of work in a timely manner to meet customers required ship date.
· Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
· Clean driving record, and willing to travel as needed.
· Available to work 40 – 50 hours per week.
· Must have personal tools.
· Must complete all necessary reports and paperwork on a daily basis.
· Able to represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
· Follow all Environmental, Health, and Safety procedures.
· May be subject to hazardous conditions including escaping gas, adverse weather, extreme temperatures, heavy lifting, and cramped locations.
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your resume to:
7410 Miller Rd #2
Houston, TX 77049
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!