Heel Dipper Job Description Sample
General Labor-Tar Heel Facility
This job description indicates the nature of production work routinely performed by a production employee at the Smithfield - Tar Heel Plant. This description is meant to help individuals who may be unfamiliar with food processing and what is required to perform this type of work.
Production employees are routinely required to perform a variety of tasks that require manual material handling and the use of hand tools, knives, machinery and other equipment. Good hand-eye coordination and upper extremity motor skills are essential for most job tasks. Additional essential functions my be applicable to specific jobs.
Production Starting Rate (Probationary Employees) = $10.00/hr
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
ResponsibilitiesContinuous standing in one location for long periods of time (up to 2-3 hours). Most jobs have fixed workstations and are conveyor line paced.Able to walk long distances on wet,uneven and slippery surfaces.Climbing or moving on ladders,steps, stairwells, walkways and platforms.Carrying, lifting, lowering,pushing and pulling of heavy and/or awkward objects or loads. Lifting and lowering of objects up to 60 lbs.
Pushing or pulling of heavy carts, bins or transport containers.Working in a cold environment between 20-45 degrees F, hot environments between 80-110 Degrees F and frequent contact with animal fats.Wearing, using and maintaining personal protective equipment (PPE). Using, cleaning, maintaining, and safe handling of sharp cutting tools.Frequent static and/or awkward work postures with neck and spine flexion while grasping, pinching,pulling, lifting, extending,flexing the hands and arms to perform tasks. A variety of arm and hand movements are required in applying force,movement and repetition.Using and maintaining a variety of knives, hand tools, power tools and equipment, electrical devices, controls and motorized vehicles.Being able to understand and follow oral and written instructions from supervisor and or designated staff.Additional essential functions may be applicable to specific jobs.
Competent and trustworthy to comply with federal inspection programs and all company safety and health policies.Maintain regular and predictable attendance.Be available to work all scheduled hours, which may include mandatory overtime, depending upon production demands.
Must complete the required Human Resources Development Class prior to interview.
Able to stand, twist and bend on hard floors for long periods of time.
Cold Temperatures between 20-45 Degrees F and Hot Temperatures between 80-110 Degrees F.
Hot Food Associate Dipper
The Hot Food Associate/Dipper will be responsible for setting up the tray line, assembling and serving meals. May also prepare salads, desserts, beverages and other miscellaneous food items.
Occasionally, may deliver meal trays to patient rooms and nursing units. Stocks reach-in-coolers, condiment stations, and workstations with proper items. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of work area and ensuring accurate food temperatures and accurate safety logging.
Hot Food Associate - Dipper
Overview and Qualifications
Responsible for setting up the tray line, assembling and serving meals.
May also prepare salads, desserts, beverages and other miscellaneous food items. Occasionally, may deliver meal trays to patient rooms and nursing units. Stocks reach-in-coolers, condiment stations, and workstations with proper items. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of work area.
Required Education: Must be able to read, write, and follow written and oral instructions. Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Preferred Education: High School Diploma or GED
Required License: None
Preferred License: None
Required Experience: Six months of Food Service experience.
Preferred Experience: None
Shovel Operator II - Safford, AZ
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resources company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is the world's largest publicly traded copper producer, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
Safely performs duties related to the operation of hydraulic and/or electric shovels for the purpose of the correct, and timely loading of haulage equipment at a highly skilled level.
Responsible for the knowledge and safe performance of the following procedures: start-up and shut-down, mounting and dismounting, Lock-Out Tag-Out Try-Out (LOTOTO), emergency, run-a-way, handling power cable, setting and releasing brakes, horn signals, high wall safety, moving and set-up, loading dispatch, grade control, tooth metrics, dipper trips, and working with auxiliary equipment
Responsible for performing the following tasks: maintaining a clean loading area, controlling tails, creating good set-ups, digging sequence for loading on both sides, digging sequence for loading on single side, moving when swing arc exceeds ninety degrees, dipper fill factor, deep bank penetration without stalling, establishing and maintaining grade, and moving cable towers
Creating and maintaining proper grade on benches and drop cuts and maintaining proper slopes when digging finals
The safe operation and management of shovel loading area
Operates mobile equipment
Communicates through computer dispatching system or two-way radio
Performs pre-shift inspection of equipment
May perform minor maintenance and operations support activities
Trains and mentors other Equipment Operators
Performs other duties as required
Two (2) years of mobile equipment operating experience
Knowledge of equipment components such as: bucket, hoist cables, boom suspension cables, hoist drum/gear case, swing motor/gear case, circle gear, power cable, dipper trip system, crowd belts, and saddle blocks/sticks, tracks
Knowledge of equipment maintenance and practices that reduce component damage and wear
Knowledge of shovel control system/gauges and online GPS (CAES) system
- High School diploma or GED
Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
This is a Safety sensitive role
Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on uneven work surfaces and work on elevated platforms
Frequently may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the work day
May be required to work a non-standard schedule which may include shift work (other than day shift) in a 24/7/365 operation
Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and, as needed: respirator, rubber steel-toed boots, gloves, fall protection, protective clothing, goggles, face shield and other protective equipment as required
Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by State laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of company business or while on company travel); or
Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
The Lab Technician works in a laboratory environment within the production plant, routinely performing tests on products prior to production, during production, and prior to releasing products to ensure that quality and production standards are achieved.
1. Responsible for daily in-process and finished product testing.
2. Assists in maintaining most lab equipment and completes daily calibrations.
3. Follows lab procedures and recommended updates when needed, and follows all general and GMP's and SOP's.
4. Ensures that laboratory records are accurate and maintained properly.
5. Performs regular product shelf life analysis.
6. Inspects production equipment daily for cleanliness and addresses any problems with the production supervisor.
7. Walks through plant on a daily basis, checking fogging stations, foot baths, and date codes.
8. Assists in Material Review when product quality issues arise and helps place products on HOLD when necessary.
9. Communicates with management on a daily basis on all matters concerning product quality.
10. Spot checks cleaning chemical strengths and records the results weekly or as needed.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. High school diploma or equivalency and Laboratory Science Technician diploma and one year of similar work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
2. Preferred candidates will present the following:
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
* Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
* Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information.
* Proficient verbal and written communications skills.
* Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word) required.
* Regular and predictable attendance, safely performs tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures
* Dependability, flexibility, energy, and efficiency.
* Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and work in a team or independently with a positive attitude.
Below is a list of equipment that is used and tests that are performed within the Lab environment:
- CEM Smart 6 / Smart Trac 2 Moisture & Butterfat Analyzer
- Corning Chloride Analyzer
- Ohaus Moisture Analyzers
- Orion pH meters
- Babcock Butterfat Test Equipment
- Brookfield Viscometer
- Ohaus Scales
- Ohaus Analytical Balance
- Seward Stomachers
- Pipettors of Various Microliter Measurements
- Nova-Lum / Lum-giene ATP Swab Reader
- Precision Convection Incubator
- Check-Set IV Thermometer Calibration Unit
- RCS Air Sampler
- Cooper Atkins IR Thermometers
- Various Other Sanitary Thermometrs
- Sanitary Sampling Cups, Dippers and Spoons
- Paley Butterfat Testing Bottles in Various Sizes
- Environmental Testing Swabs
- Various Petri Films for Micros Testing
- Oster Blender for Sample Prep
This is a 2nd shift position working 3 pm - 11 pm, a 4 on/2 off schedule.
1. High school diploma or equivalency? (Laboratory Science Technician diploma preferred)
2. Work experience as a lab technician?
Lead Water Treatment Plant Operator
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Lead Water Treatment Plant Operator to join our project team in Columbus, GA.
Leads operation of sewage treatment, sludge processing, and disposal equipment in wastewater (sewage) treatment plant to control flow and processing of sewage
Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow of sewage
Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings, and tests results to determine load requirements
Starts and stops pumps, engines and generators to control flow of raw sewage through filtering, settling, aeration, and sludge digestion processes
Maintains log of operations and records meter and gas readings
Gives directions to wastewater treatment-plant attendants and sewage-disposal workers in performing routine operations and maintenance
Collects sewage sample, using dipper or bottle and conduct laboratory tests, using testing equipment, such as colorimeter
May operate and maintain power generating equipment to provide steam and electricity for plant
Skills / Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum three years of experience as a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
One year supervisory experience
Grade I Georgia Wastewater Treatment Certification
Must provide documentation of authorization to work in the US without sponsorship
Must pass drug test and background investigation
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Student- Food Service Worker - Univ. Of Tennessee - Dippers
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Student Food Service Worker is responsible for preparing and/or building food items while providing customer service and adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. The Student - Food Service worker must be a student at the Aramark location. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
Prepares and builds food items according to standardized recipes and directions
Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
Sets up work stations including prep tables, service counters, hot wells, steam tables, etc.
Breaks down, cleans, and sanitizes work stations
Serves food to customers while ensuring guest satisfaction and anticipating the customers' needs
Replenishes food items and ensure product is stocked to appropriate levels
Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
Ensures security of company assets
Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
Previous food service experience preferred
Must be able to obtain food safety certification
Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs
Seasonal Field Technician (Kissimmee, FL)
Field Technicians day to day activities may include inspection of breeding site using a cup and dipper to sample water source, larviciding applications using backpack sprayer, and adulticiding while driving a truck and/or All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) with attached sprayer.
Pay: $11.00 per hour
Shift: Monday- Friday, 3-5 days a week (days and hours will vary depending on business needs); scheduled job time is roughly 5AM each morning till around Noon.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Utilize a map to drive to assigned territories, to locate specific breeding site, and/or apply product to specified route
Check water samples to determine if mosquito larvae and pupae exist and save samples
Dispense treatments while operating a truck or ATV with an attached sprayer or by utilizing a 50- 60 pound backpack sprayer in a safe, proper and timely manner
Apply treatments accurately and in a safe, proper and timely manner
Performs daily inspections of vehicle and equipment to verify working condition and communicate any issues to the supervisor
Document daily work activity including product used to ensure completion of customer contracts
Responsible for making sure safe work practices and procedures are followed at all time
Successful Candidate Must:
Possess a high school degree or equivalent with high school level math skills
Communicate effectively in English in both written and verbal forms
Have a valid driver's License with an excellent driving record
Be able to sit, drive a vehicle and/or ATV for extended periods of time
Ability to bend, lift, and carry a 50-60 lbs backpack during treatments for extensive amounts of time
Must be able to work through the end of our 2018 season
May be required to obtain state required pesticide licensing (training provided)
Must be available to work early morning hours (start ~5AM) Monday- Friday, 3-5 days a week (days and hours will vary depending on business needs)
Candidate must be comfortable performing assigned duties in the field from a vehicle while navigating through various residential communities, urban environments and traffic patterns where environmental conditions are affected by weather.
Capable of using a handheld technical devices including, but not limited to, smartphones, GPS, and system applications
Candidate must also be comfortable performing assigned duties outdoors while walking through various and challenging terrain including, but not limited to water, heavy vegetation and uneven land throughout residential communities, urban environments and forested areas where environmental conditions are affected by weather.
Clarke is a privately held public health, global environmental products and services company. For over 70 years, Clarke has been making communities around the world more livable, safe and comfortable. We do this by pioneering, developing and delivering environmentally responsible public health mosquito control and aquatic services to help prevent disease, control nuisances and create healthy waterways. Our global customers include governments, commercial and residential groups and international institutions such as UNICEF, and U.S. AID.
Working at Clarke, you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. You will learn from some of the most talented people in your field and make an impact on the world around us. With Clarke, you join an innovative and passionate team where people are the heart and soul of the organization, working together to create an environment where the employees thrive and nature flourishes.
We offer a team atmosphere where each individual can and does make a difference. So, whether you are a recent grad seeking resume experience, a student looking for an internship opportunity or looking for a great seasonal job consider working for Clarke!
Clarke is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.
To apply, please submit application/resume at www.clarke.com
Guest Service Representative
JOB TITLE: Guest Service Associate
USUAL TIME OF WORK SHIFT: Varies with facility needs. Full-time or part time positions, variable hours per week.
BREAKS: Two breaks, and one ½ hour lunch, depending on shift.
OVERTIME: As necessary
MACHINES USED: Office machines, tools, and equipment, desktop or laptop computer.
TOOLS USED: General clerical office tools
ASSISTIVE DEVICES: Wheeled pushcarts
SAFETY CLOTHING/EQUIPMENT: N/A
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED: Speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace. Bilingual a plus.
DESCRIPTION OF WORKPLACE/WORKSTATION:
The work takes place at a variety of office locations within a hotel facility. The surfaces at the office locations are level, carpeted, tiled, or have wood flooring.
All of the work locations are well-lit and temperature controlled. The Front Desk Associate/Desk Service Associate may be exposed for limited periods of time to various weather conditions when ambulating from parking lot to office areas, building to building or other outdoor areas. The position may require the operation of a motor vehicle, as assigned.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASKS/PURPOSE:
The Front Desk Associate/Desk Service Associate performs a variety of services for guests. Primarily, he/she registers arriving guests, assigns rooms, and checks guests out at the end of their stay.
The Front Desk Associate/Desk Service Associate also keep records of room assignments and other registration information in a computer database. When guests check out, the Front Desk Associate/Desk Service Associate prepares and explains the charges, as well as processes payments. He/She represents the establishment, and attitude and behavior greatly influence the publics impression of the establishment.
When answering questions about services, check out times, the local community, or other matters of public interest, the Front Desk Associate/Desk Service Associate must be courteous and helpful. Should guests report problems with their rooms, the Associate contacts members of the housekeeping or maintenance staff in order to correct them. When necessary, the Associate will deliver basic necessities (i.e., toiletries) to guests if no other staff member is available.
Depending on the property, additional responsibilities may include: Front Office Operations, Information and Services; basic bookkeeping; Advance Reservation Agent; cashier; and telephone multi-line operation.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Provide the highest quality of service to the customers at all times.
2.Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome.
3.Utilize guest's names in interactions whenever possible.
4.Promptly respond to all guest-related concerns including but not limited to complaints and special requests.
5.Have a thorough knowledge of emergency and security procedures.
6.Know how to clean guestrooms to standards.
7.Know how to perform basic routine maintenance as well as how to properly operate all mechanical units within the guestroom.
8.Know how to operate all laundry equipment.
9.Keep maintenance personnel informed of all maintenance needs.
10. Proper uniform attire must be worn at all times in accordance with Blackstone Hospitality Group and your hotel's brand standards.
11. Personal cleanliness and neat appearance are required. Shoes must be low heeled and have heels and toes closed.
12. Practice safety standards at all times.
13. Be able to move miscellaneous items weighing up to 40 lbs. Please inform property management if you are unable to meet this requirement so they can determine if a reasonable accommodation can be made.
14. Associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
15. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may from time to time be established by Blackstone Hospitality Group is essential to the successful performance of this position.
16. Check guests in and out in an efficient and friendly manner.
17. Post guest changes and compute guest bill using the brand specific PMS. Collect payment and make change for hotel guests following all cash handling procedures as required by Blackstone Hospitality Group.
18. Promote the hotels marketing programs..
19. Track business via the recording of appropriate corporate/leisure information within the PMS system.
20. Maintain a positive, interactive relationship with any property-based BHGI sale personnel.
21. Handle guest mail and messages per established procedures.
22. Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, room locations, room rates, amenities and selling strategies.
23. Take reservation requests efficiently.
24. Answer switchboard in accordance with standards of proper telephone etiquette.
25. Block rooms and handle special requests.
26. Monitor room availability.
27. Handle safe deposits by guests per established procedures.
28. Keep lobby and guest areas clean and presentable.
29. Offer and properly handle wake-up calls.
30. Open and close shift; make cash drops.
31. Ensure all credit cards, cash, and change fund are balanced throughout each shift.
32. Ensure we have appropriate signatures/authorization prior to processing any credit card transactions.
33. Monitor the intake of currency to protect against counterfeit bills.
34. Inform management of any guest or systems related complaints or problems.
35. Communicate with incoming staff and management by logging pertinent information in the front desk log.
36. Pass on guest lost and found inquiries to management.
37. Monitor and maintain an adequate amount of office supplies such as folio paper, registration slips, and pens to ensure smooth and continuous operations.
38. Develop and maintain a working knowledge of local attractions, restaurants, and area business.
39. Develop and maintain a basic knowledge of major interstates and other roadways to assist in offering directions.
40. Send and receive facsimiles for guests.
41. Other duties deemed necessary by management that are within the associates abilities.
Associate must adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies established by the company including, but not limited to, those contained in the Associate handbook.
Must be willing to perform other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable.
Laboratory Assistant PRN
Accurately obtains blood samples via venipuncture and capillary procedures with minimum customer discomfort. Assists in accessioning and preparation of specimens in the clinical laboratory. Responsible for certain computer functions, clerical duties, and telephone procedures, general department cleaning and maintenance, and equipment maintenance. . Serves as a resource for specimen and testing information.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1.Performs venipuncture, finger sticks, and heel sticks on inpatients, outpatients, and pre-admission Testing patients in such a manner as to obtain optimum blood specimens at a minimum of patient inconvenience.
2.Ensures that specimens are collected per physician's order and returned to the laboratory appropriately to maintain optimal turnaround of all test results per department policy.
3.Delivers specimens to lab within 15 to 30 minutes of draw. Does not hold specimens in collection area.
4.Communicates with nursing before and after collection of inpatients to keep nursing informed and find out any pertinent information about the patient.
5.Asks the patient's name and date of birth when feasible and verifies identity via ID band and lab labels using at least two identifiers as applicable before drawing blood. This is done prior to collection of all specimens.
6.Practices and applies standard scripting and AIDET.
7.Collects appropriate specimens in correct containers with sufficient volume.
8.Investigates orders or specimens that have a discrepancy.
9.In the presence of the patient label all specimens with patient's full name, date, time, and initials of the phlebotomist.
10. Make notation on comment line of order in computer of any information necessary for the person performing the test. Example: when blood must be collected by finger stick or heel stick, or is drawn above an IV.
11. Uses judgment in assessing specimen suitability.
12. Alerts techs to STAT/ED samples requiring testing.
13. Prioritizes stat and urgent draws appropriately. Manages time well.
14. Provides clear oral and written instructions to patients for collections to be done at home.
15. Able to print results to specified printers in the lab and to site locations.
16. Capable of looking up results, orders and test procedures in the Meditech system.
17. Possesses thorough knowledge of receiving, ordering and editing processes in the Computer system.
18. Checks physician's orders in Laboratory Information System, including tests being ordered and any comments such as fax or call comments.
19. Checks that all information on the patient data sheet is correct and has been entered as stated on the physician's written order.
20. Runs pending reports and investigates outstanding orders as needed.
21. Monitors standing orders for Continuous Care patients and requests new orders from physician when current order is six months old.
22. Performs EKGs for outpatients according to policy.
a. Performs procedure accurately.
b. Follows policy for abnormal to verify that the patient is stable before releasing.
c. Orders test and completes in Meditech appropriately.
d. Faxes and handles paperwork appropriately per protocol.
23. Maintains clean and well stocked work area.
a. Maintains, stocks, and inventories supplies and reports needs to supervisor.
b. Maintains a clean work area. Cleans phlebotomy chair and blood collection station, and Outpatient Lab countertops according to OSHA guidelines and lab infection control and safety policies.
c. Wipes down counters and phones with disinfectant at least once per shift
24. Follows hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
a. Meets attendance expectations as specified in the SDGH's Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual.
b. Meets dress code standards; appearance is neat and clean.
c. Wears identification while on duty; uses computerized punch time system correctly
d. Attends mandatory hospital in-services concerning Infection Control and Safety.
e. Attends or reads minutes of each departmental meeting.
f. Attends all departmental in-services.
g. Has demonstrated or provided proof of meeting all mandatory competencies.
h. Has met all employee health requirements for the evaluation year and conforms to established dress, protective equipment, and patient isolation policies.
i. Maintains the confidentiality of any in formation the employee has access to including but not limited to financial, patient records, employee records or any other information of a sensitive nature which if disclosed could cause harm to the hospital, patients, or staff.
j. Always wears appropriate PPE in the laboratory. Follows OSHA guidelines for safety.
k. Adheres to Standard Precautions guidelines at all times.
l. Wears gloves while handling specimens and gloves and lab coats while assisting with procedures or handling specimens that have the potential for splashing
m. Observes and follows hospital protocol Special Precautions warnings, such as Contact Isolation.
25. Accepts and performs other assigned duties with a positive attitude, as requested and documented by the supervisor.
26. Interacts in an effective, willing, professional manner with patients, guests, and other health care team members.
27. Actively participates in department's PI activities.
28. Demonstrates customer service skills consistent with the values of the organization.
a. Demonstrates consistently exceptional customer service skills in all interactions.
b. Consistently escorts patients to their destinations per customer service practices.
c. Greets outpatients and performs required services in a timely manner.
d. Uses AIDET and KWAKT effectively and consistently.
e. Interacts with patients and coworkers in a friendly and professional manner at all times.
f. Answers phone, relays messages appropriately, and gives information as requested by caller. Responds to customers professionally and appropriately.
g. Answer phone by third ring.
h. Demonstrates ability to put lines on hold when multiple lines are ringing and responds or directs calls ASAP.
29. Assists in training of employees and students as appropriate.
30. Collects employee drug screens and legal blood alcohol specimens and completes all paperwork appropriately.
31. Serves as a source of information for other departments for proper specimen collection.
32. Researches reference lab requirement and prepares specimen for send out to referral laboratories.
Shift: This is a full-time night shift position during the week.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written. Must possess exceptional customer service and patient care skills. Competent in phlebotomy for ages newborn to geriatric.
Must be able to demonstrate understanding of HCA's and St. David's "Patient First" safety initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.
Education and Experience:
Required: High School diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Computer skills and graduation from an accredited Phlebotomy
training Program. One or more years of experience.
Licenses and Certificates:
Preferred: PBT (ASCP), LVN, EMT, or Paramedic certification.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!