Helper Manufacturing Job Description Sample
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. Position Description: Employees in this position assist/work with a variety of job titles (e.g., spray painters, sanders, tank tenders) in the preparation of production parts (e.g., masking, sanding, part marking), rack/unrack parts before/after processes (e.g., plating, anodizing, degreasing). Employment in this position also requires handling, standing, twisting at the waist, walking, lifting and carrying less than 10 pounds, rotation of head/neck, finger manipulation, flexion/extension, contact with metals, exposure to noise and atmospheric conditions, and the use of personal safety gear for face/eye and feet. Duties and
* Visually sweep area to determine what needs to be done or obtain job assignment from lead.
Review Work Order (WO) and drawings to determine work to be accomplished, as required.
Obtain and examine manufacturing enhanced drawings (MED), drawings, tools, and Boeing specification (BAC) using on line computing equipment (e.g., part verification system), as required.
Remove parts off of load bar and place on table to be worked, as required.
Remove Mylar from parts and prepare surface to be part marked or painted, as required.
Use squares and scales to measure parts for correct location for part marking, as required.
Apply finish prior to part marking to seal information on production parts, as required. Load detail parts on conveyor belt, so they can be part marked and counted by video jet machine, as required.
Operate/maintain video jet marking machine (e.g., check fluids, clean heads), as required.
Work with area lead, inspection, spray painters, planning and engineering to confirm masking area on detail parts, as required.
Apply a variety of masking tapes (e.g., plastic, paper, protex, aluminum) to parts to protect finish, as required.
Assist spray painters/sanders in the loading/unloading of tables, for preparation of parts (e.g., masking, sanding,) and turning parts over between operations, as required.
Assist tank tenders in anodizing process (e.g., loading/unloading of detail parts) on/off load bar, as required.
Plug threaded holes on detail parts with plastic caps to prevent paint from damaging area, using hand tools (e.g., t-pin, needle nose pliers), as required.
Perform rework, (e.g., pick ups, rejection tags) or other authorized instructions, as required.
Check work after completion of each operation.
Sell in process or completed operation to inspector, as required.
Count/load and protective wrap finished production parts to be shipped to next operation, as required.
Load/store completed job into DCAC MRM system, using on-line computing equipment, as required. Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Typical Education: * High school graduate or GED preferred. Required Skills & Experience: * Working knowledge of operating Windows-based computers
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Ability to understand and follow verbal and written direction
Working knowledge and ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
- Other Relevant Information and
* * US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the eligible candidate pool.
Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be considered.
This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
Organization:Fab Manufacturing & Safety
Manufacturing Construction Helper ** Fort Pierce **
General Labor and Warehouse positions available
START IMMEDIATLY IF YOU QUALIFY.
We are very busy and have many positions available for WAREHOUSE and GENERAL LABOR.
Construction experience preferred
Able to lift 50 lbs.
Must have own transportation.
Ability to perform strenuous physical work for sustained periods in all types of weather conditions
Ability to follow instructions; good physical condition
Ability to understand and operate within safety rules
Skills / Responsibilities
- Pick and audit warehouse orders.
- Load and unload pallets and other materials from trailers.
- Perform general warehouse duties as needed.
- Locate product within the warehouse facility.
- Complete all job functions following proper safety requirements.
- May be subject to pass a basic background check and drug test.
- Must have your own reliable transportation.
- Must have proof of eligibility to work in the United States
WE ARE INTERVIEWING ALL THIS WEEK.
DONT WAIT, POSITONS ARE FILLING UP FAST.
Helper - Manufacturing
We are looking for motivated individuals who are capable of performing a multitude of functions in a flexible, fast-paced production environment. Our workplace requires individuals who understand the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on safety, customer satisfaction, quality, and productivity.
Specific responsibilities include feeding corrugated sheets into machines, reading factory orders, accurately reading tape measures, gauges and other test equipment, utilizing basic shop math, inspecting, counting and stacking product, accurately completing quality and administrative documents and following directions. You will also be assigned to clean-up functions such as blowing down the machine, wiping off shafts, cleaning ink systems, sweeping the machine area, as well as picking up and shredding scrap. Minimum qualifications for consideration are two years of work experience in a manufacturing environment with at least one year with the same employer. Highly-qualified candidates would possess manufacturing experience in the corrugated industry operating a Rotary Die Cutter or a Flexo.
MANUFACTURING HELPER NEEDED IMMEDIATELY cunico is a worldwide leader in manufacturing a wide variety of custom seamless fittings & valves for applications primarily in the military and nuclear markets. Our extensive experience allows us to manufacture many specialty items.
MANUFACTURING HELPER We currently have an opportunity for a MANUFACTURING HELPER at our Long Beach, California location. In this full-time, hourly position you will provide general assistance throughout the factory while also learning to be a press operator and a precision grinder. You will carry out tasks as directed by the factory supervisor, which may include forklift work and shop clean-up
Kitchen Helper / Pastry Helper / Food Assembly Staff
DO & CO The Gourmet Entertainment Company – A passion for hospitality culinary delights on every banquet floor and in the sky: As a listed Austrian company with the three business segments of Airline Catering, International Event Catering, and Restaurants, Lounges & Hotels, we offer gourmet entertainment all over the world. We operate 31 locations in 11 countries on 3 continents, maintaining the highest standard of quality in both our products and services. We refine the classics, develop the unknown and grow constantly – sometimes beyond our own expectations. The most important ingredient in our premium recipe is our staff of 11,000 employees, each and every one of whom has a strong personality and a passion for hospitality. They shape our company with their personal dedication and commitment. We give our all to provide them with an environment in which they can realize their full potential.
New York | Chicago | Los Angeles | London | Paris | Milan | Barcelona | Frankfurt | Düsseldorf | Berlin | Munich | Istanbul | Kiev | Warsaw | Seoul | Vienna
DO & CO has a Gourmet Kitchen in Chicago, by O'Hare International Airport, and created lots of new job opportunities. We are looking for a
Kitchen Helper / Pastry Helper / Food Assembly Staff
- Be part of a team, creating high-end products served daily to hundreds of international airline guests!
- Assist chefs and cooks with different tasks in the kitchen: food preparation, cutting fruits and vegetables, preparing small dishes, food platting and setting up airline catering trays
- Read, understand and follow menu specifications
- Keep kitchen areas clean and tidy
- Comply with hygiene, quality and safety standards at all times
- Work experience in a kitchen or manufacturing site
- Outgoing personality and hands-on approach
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast paced environment
- Heavy work load and standing for prolonged periods of time necessary
- Flexibility: different shifts available (working on weekends + holidays may be needed)
- A renowned, international company, continually expanding, offering a stable workplace with great career opportunities
- A diverse, international and dynamic work environment
- Support for continuous professional development
- A benefit package incl. medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick days
- Prospect of performance-based compensation
Do you want to join a highly motivated, diverse team and develop within an internationally renowned company?
We look forward to receiving your online application at www.doco.com (if you are eligible to work within the US).
DO & CO Chicago Catering Inc.
2150 Frontage Road
Des Plaines, IL 60018
For more information visit our website (www.doco.com).
General machine shop labor. Tasks include: Material prep, job/material organization, part changing, assembly, and general shop clean up. Past experience working in a shop desirable.
Assist in daily logistical process of a production operation.
Operates all fork lift trucks. Moves heavy parts and
equipment. Maintains coolant in machinery. Helps
operator load parts and keep floor clean and parts
clear of walkway. Sweeps floor and cleans lunch area and
restrooms. Responsible for cleaning up chips around
machinery and dumping in proper containers. Assist in
shipping and building boxes and may pick up and deliver
materials. Must have a valid drivers license and clean
Composite Technician Helper
- Knowledge of fabric direction and ply orientation
- Prepare adhesive, core, and other layup materials
- Cut vacuum bag materials and create vacuum bags
- Prepare parts for transfer to resin infusion
- Ensures layups and vacuum bags are prepared according to the requirements of manufacturing travelers
- Read and follow basic instructions and diagrams in English
- Basic shop math skills to record information
- Follow standard shop practices and quality standards in the manufacturing industry
- Prepare molds using shop approved release agents
- Layup materials to molds and remove air pockets using approved hands and tools
- May mix resins and catalysts as specified
- Trim laminated fabric using scissors or knife without damaging the layup mold
- Perform physical and environmental checks and document work onto manufacturing travelers
- Manage time to get work completed on schedule
- Communicate process issues with leads, supervisors, and engineering
- Coordinate work flow with other departments
- Lean manufacturing suggestions where needed
- Constantly working with hands (manipulation, pulling pushing)
- Assemble parts/components/sub-assemblies.
- Polish, de-burr, and grind composites parts, clean, properly use acetone to clean tools and release as per instructions/drawings.
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Interpersonal Skills – the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Written Communications – the individual is able to read, write and interpret written information.
- Safety and security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Experience in the automotive manufacturing industry is a BIG plus
- General manufacturing knowledge, skills and abilities preferred.
- Prefer 2 plus year experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience in resin-infusion is highly desirable
- Mechanically inclined is highly preferred.
Printing Press Helper
An expanding south metro company is seeking ambitious and enthusiastic associates in Lakeville, MN to join their team to learn and grow. The ideal candidate will preferably possess prior experience as a Press Technician, Machine Operator, Manufacturing Worker, Production Worker or Assembly Worker.
- You get half the month OFF!
- Time and a half after 40 hours
- Work - Life balance
- Benefits (Medical,
Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Promotion within
- Printing on different types of bags
- Fast paced
- Cleaning the machine
- PPE (gloves, safety glasses)
- General housekeeping is a daily requirement
- Prior experience as a Press Technician, Machine Operator, Manufacturing Worker, Production Worker or Assembly is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced, challenging environment
- Able to learn new things quickly, work as part of a team and has a high level of initiative thinking.
- A highly self-driven sense of motivation
- Fanatical attention to detail
- A technical aptitude and desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to lawfully work within the US and have unrestricted work authorization for US.
- Experience preferred not required
- Willing to train
Work Environment: This job operates in a clean and manufacturing environment.
Schedule: 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM / 12 hour Rotating shifts – 1 week, you will work 48 hours and the next week will be 36 hours. Please keep in mind that anything over 40 hours a week is time and a half!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!