Hemmer Lockstitch Job Description Sample
Sewing Machine Mechanic
Maintain sewing room of single-needle lockstitch machines.
• Conduct routine maintenance on machines and other equipment.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair damaged machine parts.
• Train or instruct employees on proper use and operation of machines
Knowledge of Eastman cutting machines and/or Eton conveyor systems a plus
Die Maintenance Supervisor-Stamping
Die Maintenance Supervisor-STAMPING Metro Detroit Detroit, MI 48201, US Job Type:Full Time Date Posted: June 14, 2017 Job ID: S595 ApplyRefer A FriendJoin Our Talent Network Share this job
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkedin
- Share by Mail Job Overview The Die Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the direct workforce along with maintenance, die tryout and repair of major stamping dies including sub assembly, progressive and/or blanking dies. The Die Maintenance Supervisor will supervise UAW skilled trade employees and assist in team building. Work well with all levels of management and union. Resolve problems using root cause analysis. Plan and prioritize work to support World Class Manufacturing initiatives. THIS POSITION WILL BE LOCATED AT THE STERLING STAMPING PLANT OR THE WARREN STAMPING PLANT. Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree required, or
Journeyman Die Maker status with a minimum of 8 years of related manufacturing experience
Minimum of 15 years of technical die manufacturing experience
Experience with die repair, construction, tryout and/or die maintenance work activities
Ability to work any shift and work overtime as required
- Microsoft Office skills
Hemmer experience a plus
Root cause analysis skills
Supervisory experience in a union environment THIS POSITION WILL BE LOCATED AT THE STERLING STAMPING PLANT OR THE WARREN STAMPING PLANT. FCA is proud to extend to its employees a compensation and benefits package that is designed to retain their talent and to motivate and reward job performance. Our present compensation program provides for competitive, market based salaries, and annual vacation and holiday time off. We make available a comprehensive health care benefits plan which, depending upon the employee’s role, includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage. We also offer a disability absence plan, group and optional life insurance program, savings plan, tuition assistance, and vehicle purchase and lease discounts for certain employees, and for their family and friends. Note: Some of the benefits listed above may not apply to summer vacation replacement and temporary employees.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!