Hoisting Engineer Job Description Sample
Your Opportunity Atourcore, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we help wherever we can. The goals of our clients and their communities remain at the center of everything we create. Join our community, and help us get mined materials to the global communities who need them. Help us connect with our stakeholders and build lasting relationships.
Your Duties Our Mining group has a need for a
Hoisting Engineer to join our specialized mine hoisting team. This position can be based out of our office in
Tempe AZ .You would work with various clients in completingfeasibility studies, detailed engineering projects and operating site support for underground mining operations. Responsibilitiesinclude:
HEALTH & SAFETY
UnderstandingandworkingpertherequirementsoftheStantecSafetyAs a Stantec employee you are expected to make a personal commitment towards preserving the health and safety of all our employees. You will demonstrate your commitment to safety on a daily basis through actions and involvement in your work, by ensuring compliance to the company safety programs and initiatives, and strictly adhering to rules, regulations and procedures. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our goal of zero harm within our operations.
WorkingincompliancewithallHealthandSafetyrules and regulations for Stantec and its
Ensuringallapplicablesafetycodes,regulationsandguidelinesare met by appropriate design and use of
Review and analysis of drawings for possible safety and constructibility problems prior to issue to clients
ENGINEERING & DESIGN TASKS
Under the oversight of the Hoisting Discipline Lead, execution of the hoisting scope of projects ranging from feasibility studies to detailed engineering from client requests through to construction support and commissioning;
Coordination of project delivery by communicating with engineers, designers, project managers, procurement teams and construction management teams to ensure the design will be delivered according to safety, quality, schedule and budget;
Contributing to or completing hoisting system designs and modifications including completion of hoisting design bases, schematics, calculations including duty cycles, equipment sizing and certification of the systems;
Equipment design and specification followed by procurement, conformance and fabrication support for hoisting plant equipment including but not limited to hoists, shaft conveyances, sheaves, catch gear/arrestors, hoist ropes and hoist rope attachments;
Perform various office tasks as required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
Your Capabilities and Credentials Astheideal candidate you will have:
You are a licensed Professional Engineer or progressing toward eligibility in the appropriate province/state with excellent knowledge of applicable design codes and familiarity with Mine Health and Safety Regulations; + 1-5+ experience in mine hoisting systems including system design, specification, equipment selection, commissioning, operation and maintenance;
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a team atmosphere;
You must be a self-starter and be able to work in a team setting.
Job ID32192# of Openings Remaining1Experience (Years)1
Hoisting / Lifting Equipment Instructor
- Locations: Seattle/Tacoma Area
- Career Level: Level 1, 2 or 3 Experienced
- Industry: General and Construction Industry
- Job Category: Full Time, Level 1, 2 or 3 Instructor/Evaluator
Job Description, Level 1 Instructor
- Provides training and operational performance evaluations for our clients via scheduled open enrollment courses as well as on-site client specific courses to assist employers and operators in satisfying both their safety training needs as well as State/Federal regulatory compliance.
- Utilizing technical and professional expertise, confident instructing and facilitation skills they will exceed client expectations.
- By providing our End User and Train the Trainer safety training programs in a professional manner, the instructor has the opportunity to positively affect client relationships and ensure the services provided exceed the customer expectations.
- Provides our industry leading safety training services to the small equipment hoisting and lifting professionals on small hoisting equipment including but not limited to: Powered Industrial Trucks (Forklifts, pallet jacks, order selectors and telehandlers), Aerial Work Platforms (boom lifts, scissor lifts and bucket trucks), Loaders (skid steer, front end and log loaders), Rigging/Signaling, Fall Protection and Overhead Cranes.
- Scheduled from our home office, providing our training services generally within their geographic territory (greater northwestern WA area), however OVERTON Safety Training offers training services at client locations on a national level, the instructor will also have the opportunity to travel to support customers training needs utilizing their professional training skills and our industry leading training programs and materials.
- Our full time instructors enjoy being home-based as well as traveling, and are provided with our company instructor training, a company vehicle, insurance, smartphone, laptop and all training materials necessary to provide the services requested.
Job Description, Level 2 Instructor
- Same as Level 1 PLUS
- Provides our training programs in additional Hoisting Equipment categories to teach include Mobile Crane, Boom Trucks, Carry Deck Cranes, Articulating Cranes,
- Ability to achieve NCCCO Nationally Certification as a Practical Examiner in any/all of the applicable Crane, Rigging or Signaling National Certification Classifications.
Job Description, Level 3 Instructor
- Same as Level 2 PLUS
- Current possession of NCCCO Nationally Certification as a Practical Examiner in any/all of the applicable Crane, Rigging or Signaling National Certification Classifications.
- Provides our preparatory training programs and applicable NCCCO National Certification Exams on any/all of the applicable Crane, Rigging or Signaling National Certification Classifications.
A qualified applicant will possess:
- Desire to make employment with us a career decision.
- Valid driver’s license and insurable. Must meet OVERTON Safety Training safe driver standards.
- Be able to travel/fly in the United States
- 5-10 years general industry, construction or military applicable hosting equipment operation/training experience.
- 5+ years previous experience in training, instructing and evaluating end users.
- Pleasing social demeanor, ability to represent our company professionally at all times
- Effective communication, teaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability and desire to instill customer satisfaction that is recognizable and valuable to the customer.
- Bilingual, second language ability (Spanish) a plus, but not required.
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, paid holidays, personal leave, sick pay
- 401K with company match contribution %
- Medical and dental insurance plans
- Paid travel expense
- Company paid vehicle, fuel, insurance, service
We are proud to say that three of the largest forklift and aerial work platform sales and rental companies in the entire Western Region chose to partner with OVERTON Safety Training as the solely approved training provider, to assist their clients, and host training programs for the industry at their locations stretching from San Diego CA to Bellingham WA which include: Pape Material Handling (the Hyster Distributor) with 29 locations in the 6 western states, Star Rentals and Sales with 16 locations in OR and WA, and Peterson Cat Rentals (the Caterpillar Distributor) with 6 locations in Oregon.
As the recognized national training provider for HIAB cranes we are a leader nationally in Crane Operator preparatory training courses and NCCCO National Certification Exams provided, we are one of the largest providers of NCCCO exams in the country and we are the largest provider of NCCCO Articulating Crane Exams in the country with 800 provided in 2016 and 1,000 provided in 2017.
Crane Operator - Connecticut Hoisting License Required (Kenyon,Ri)
Harvey Building Products
New London, CT
The Crane Operator is responsible for operating a crane to lift, move, position, and re-position building materials. Depresses buttons, lifts levers, and ensures load is safely attached to crane before bringing it up/down. Requires a Connecticut hoisting license.
Must be 18 years of age
Must be able to operate flatbed with 115 boom (CDL required)
Operate crane in compliance with safe operational procedures and in accordance with CT regulations
Manipulate or depress controls to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions
Inspect crane for safety issues on a daily basis; notify supervisor of defects or malfunctions
Clean and maintain crane and truck
Lift, position and place building materials at construction sites, residential and commercial properties
Drive trucks to worksites and unload vendor trucks
Place blocks and outriggers to prevent capsizing when lifting heavy loads
Move levers and pedals to rotate crane on chassis to raise and lower crane boom and to raise and lower load-line
Forklift experience preferred
Warehouse duties as appropriate
Other related duties as assigned
To learn more and apply, please visit:
Harvey Building Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including wage, health and dental benefits, life and disability insurances, 401(k), paid vacations and holidays, vision care, an EAP (Employee Assistance Program), and a smoke-free environment.
Associated topics: asphalt, backhoe, deere, equipment operator, excavator, fleet, forklift operator, john deere, landfill, plant
Mechanical Design Engineer / Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
Are you a creative thinker? Are you a problem solver? Do you thrive in identifying problems and implement corrective processes? If so, then we would like to talk with you about an Mechanical Design Engineer / Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer role.
Our client, a world leader in the engineering, development, manufacturing, distribution and service of high speed precision rotational systems is seeking an Mechanical Design Engineer / Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer to join their team in the greater Milwaukee area. They are searching for an enthusiastic, highly motivated, self-starter with design skills to focus on product development.Mechanical Design Engineer / Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
· Design and/or modify design of High Speed Spindle (HSS) systems for customer applications
· Provide manufacturing and outside suppliers with technical support and documentation to produce, test, and repair complex HSS products
· Train and supervise engineering support staff and/or other engineers
· Lead technical resource for service personnel and sales force
· Suggest new products and procedures; redesign standard systems, improve “Legacy” products for better features, cost and manufacturability
· Participate on cross-functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing, design and quality problems to ensure continuous, on- going improvement of processes and methods.· Mechanical Design Engineer / Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
· BA in Mechanical Engineering and quality related experience with high speed rotational devices, precision manufacturing, or industrial machine tools.
· Project Management experience or training and proficient use of CAD (experience with NX and/or Co-Create is a plus)
· Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
If you are committed to finding the best solutions for customers, focusing on excellent service wherever the customer requires it, with first-class support being a main concern, then the Mechanical Design Engineer / Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer role is for you.
Aggressive salary commensurate with experience Insurance, 401K, vacation, etc….
Environmental Engineer Estimator
Pay Range: DOE
The primary focus for this position will be to work closely with other employees to characterize and cleanup various contaminated sites around the state of Alaska. This position requires building a professional relationship with clients and regulators and working to obtain a cleanup solution satisfactory for both parties. Ideally, you enjoy wearing many hats and utilizing your communication skills with key stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify risk issues and their order of magnitude
- Solicit subcontractor and/or supplier information and pricing
- Prepare instructions to bidders, bid form and other bid solicitation information
- Perform and/or manage the quantity survey and pricing effort for internal budgets
- Prepare conceptual budgets based on minimal information
- Review general conditions, schedule, scopes of work, hoisting plans, site logistics and other exhibits
- Review and/or manage the review and scoping of specialty contractor bids.
- Maintain and communicate data on services and material cost trends affecting project costs
- Analyze alternate means and methods to determine the most economic alternative
- Build effective relationships with customers, design teams, specialty contractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer's expectations
- Actively participate in industry, client and community relations to enhance company image
- Participate in the transfer of information on successful projects
- Participate in periodic reviews and visits to projects as appropriate
- Preparation of and participation in all facets of planning and submittals
- Field work sample collection, screening, documentation and reporting
- Phase I and II Site Assessments and strategy development
- Administrative duties including travel logistics, bid preparation, maintenance of job server, meeting organization.
- Candidates should possess 5+ consecutive years of estimating experience, with leading pursuits of up to $10 million in hard bid and negotiated projects.
- Experience must include identifying and measuring all the various components of a variety of construction systems, converting measurements into quantities, obtaining supplier quotes, preparing a bid estimate and meeting bid deadlines.
- Demonstrated advanced interpersonal and leadership skills essential - strong communications skills and desire to build professional relationships with clients and regulators.
- Solid background in environmental engineering and ability to provide a scientific approach to all work undertaken.
- Excellent Writing skills.
- Familiarity with environmental contaminants including likely exposure pathways, risks to human health, possible remediation techniques etc.
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to manage fluctuating workloads.
- Resourceful, flexible and the desire to wear many hats.
- Ability to estimate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent follow through, accountability, strong attention to detail, great organizational skills and ability to resolve issues/problems.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with a high level of skill with Excel and Word, AutoCAD, ArcGIS and surveying Acrobat.
- Knowledge of; drawing and technical specifications, labor costing and productivities, trade scopes definitions, local market conditions, and varied contractual terms and conditions.
- Ability to travel for work.
- Experience working with environmental regulators including the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservations (ADEC).
- Familiar with hazardous material removal and regulations (asbestos, lead, and PCBs).
- Experience working on government contracts specifically with the USACE.
- Familiar with AutoCAD, ArcGIS and surveying.
- Desire to work toward becoming a Project Manager.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Development Engineer - Application Engineer - Marketing Engineer
SUMMARY: As an Application/Marketing/Development Engineer reporting to the Technology Manager, you will plan, direct, coordinate, and facilitate the manufacturing processes and development of new products in the CMP Business Unit by performing the duties listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Develop, evaluate and analyze product testing and performance.
Oversees R&D lab test projects, evaluates results and makes reports/presentations to customers.
Follow up with customer sampling and qualifications
Do market research to provide the team with current market status, market opportunities, potential customers, current competitors, and market share
Responsible for yield improvement, cost and scrap reduction.
Applies statistical methods to maximize yields and reduce scrap.
Interacts with production supervisor to minimize/solve manufacturing problems on the production floor and assists with operator training/development/certification.
Develops, evaluates, and improves products and/or manufacturing methods
Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
Directs/participates in MRB activities for incoming, customer returned, and in-process materials.
Responsible for continuous improvement on production assemblies.
Recommend/specify Production equipment as required.
Participate in training programs as required by the Company.
Confers with purchasing and vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
Coordinates resolution of manufacturing problems with QC, Sales and the customer where technical details require involvement to insure mutual satisfaction.
Assists in product cost reduction and prepares economic justification where required to support capital expenditures.
Maintain record keeping in compliance with organizational requirements.
Confers with Technology Manager and Production Manager concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods. Design tooling to allow for assembly and yield optimization
Work with Technology Manager and Production Manager to ensure a smooth transition from product development (prototype) to production.
Informs company on industry data relating to design, application and use of MGAM products for distribution to customer.
Visit customers as required.
Participate in preparation of papers/programs for trade shows, seminars and selected customers.
Other duties as deemed necessary.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Engineering preferably in Material Science, Ceramic Engineering, or Chemical Engineering from a four year college or university. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products and desire proficiency in AutoCAD, Minitab, FEA, SolidWorks, and Geometric Dimensioning/Tolerancing a plus.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, drawings, specifications, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals is a must. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers is required.
General Algebraic, Geometric skills, and Trigonometry are required. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factory analysis. Statistical background and DOE analysis as plus.
Strong analytical reasoning is a great plus.
1.* Building & Retaining Relationships with new clients
2.* Continuing Relationships with existing, old clients.
3.* Ability to research, locate and contact potential clients, with tools given (lead Sources, Internet searches, Etc.)
4.* Ability to effectively Quote researched jobs
5.* Talk intelligently about “What if’s”, direct client towards an “Economical Solution” for his desired location.
6.* Effectively negotiate terms, scope, compensation start rent date, contract language.
7.* Interface with all salesman and effectively quote projects from Bid Clerk in 37 states; follow jobs through "fruition" and give to salesman and assist in closing.
At United Hoist, we provide the most comprehensive fleet of personnel/material hoists in the industry, so we are sure to have the right hoist for your project. United Hoist specializes in doing the projects that other hoisting companies cannot, including industrial applications, severe set-backs, platform and back structure applications, and rare free standing hoists.
We also provide both steel and poly trash chutes to serve all of your hi-rise needs. Our knowledgeable sales staff meets with you on-site to discuss the specifics of your project dates...
Engineer Or Engineer Trainee
Coast Concrete Services, Inc. is a 20+ year company on the Northshore. We are a post-tensioned foundation company looking for our future P.E. We have an immediate opening for an Engineer with post-tensioned foundations experience or someone with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, who has passed their EF exam, has some AutoCAD experience and is interested in getting a Civil and/or Structural P.E. within the next 2 years. The candidate would train under our current P.E. and learn the post-tension business as a whole. Looking for someone that can commit to a long-term relationship. Salary based on experience.
Project Engineer - Controls Engineer
Reporting to the Director, Controls Engineering, this individual is able to both independently and collaboratively develop the scope, schedule and budget associated with system programming and controls projects, as well as effectively execute and complete the project safely, within budget, and on schedule. This individual must have extensive current hands-on and field experience and be aware of the requirements in a medical device or pharmaceutical plant environment. The job requires domestic and periodic international travel as per our business needs. This individual must have tact and diplomacy to work with our internal customers (Sales, Operations, EHS) who may often have differing priorities to the project scope and schedule. A strong engineering background, with electrical or software engineering competency is required for the successful candidate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate & implement Irradiation (Gamma & E-beam) process related technology improvements/advances inclusive of controls.
- Manage installation projects and execute testing as needed to support objectives.
- Develop, review, approve and execute IQ and OQ, documentation as related to software validation practices as required in the medical and/or pharmaceutical environment while ensuring compliance to all applicable standards related to the technology including: federal, state, and local regulatory codes, as well as customer, operations and corporate requirements.
- Execute projects utilizing available internal resources, as well as suppliers and key subcontractors, as required
- Provide strategic oversight & management of applicable process control systems – PLCs, HMI applications, across all technologies (focus on Gamma and Ebeam) to ensure required upgrades to hardware and software are implemented and key project initiatives are supported.
- Develop, control, and critically monitor all cost, scheduling, quality and safety activities related to capital projects.
- Liaison between different engineering groups – project management, controls, R&D, as well as EHS and Quality personnel to support engineering initiatives.
- Manage several projects simultaneously, ranging in value from approximately $10K to $2.5M.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical or Medical Device Industry dealing with FDA and/or other regulatory bodies.
- Five or more years of current equivalent industrial control system integration experience.
- Extensive knowledge with PLCs (standard and safety); HMI/SCADA applications; hardware configuration; VSDs; basic manufacturing network architecture methodologies and instrumentation with Allen Bradley or Siemens product line.
- Executing in an environment requiring disciplined decision-making skills that considers and values project safety, quality, cost, schedule and equipment performance requirements.
SUPERVISION GIVEN: Direct supervision of subcontractors and dotted line to other project engineers and facility maintenance supervisors and technicians.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: BS in Engineering (Electrical Engineering or Automation Software Engineering preferred).
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED: Technical degree with 5 plus years of experience. Knowledge of the Gamma and E-Beam sterilization process and controls architecture and logic programming is beneficial.
- This position may require approximately 40-60% travel with occasional peaks of up to 75%.Occasional overseas travel with some weekend travel may also be required.
- Position periodically may require some physically demanding tasks.
Food & Beverage Process Engineer / Project Engineer - Ontario, CA
The process engineer position is responsible for determining operations to produce products and develops processes to ensure quality, cost and efficiency requirements are met. This position troubleshoots problems with production and takes corrective action. The process engineer also researches the purchase of equipment or upgrades to existing equipment. Qualified candidates need a minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering role within the food and beverage industry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Located in Ontario, California, and reporting to the Operations Director, West Coast, the engineer will be responsible to support and lead the process engineering requirements for client projects.
- Develop conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs, drawings and specifications;
- Critically review engineering designs, test plans, and assess risks;
- Prepare project schedules, scope statements and budgets;
- Ensure that projects are implemented in accordance within the agreed scope and time lines and make relevant recommendations to the client;
- Work collaboratively as part of multi-disciplinary design teams;
- Chair project team meetings and provide technical direction;
- Manage timely completion of tasks per plan without direct supervision;
- Support project management requirements;
- Provide discipline specific input for bid packages and tenders;
- Suggest, contribute and champion initiatives to improve the Engineering Department’s operations and procedures;
- Support positive client interactions and sub-consultant interface;
- Perform data analysis, prepare technical reports, SOPs, and internal and external presentations;
- Pursue opportunities for business development and future growth of the organization across various local geographies.
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related fields;
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in the area of process design for the food and beverage industry;
- Experience in the design of sanitary process systems including piping, vessels and CIP systems;
- Familiarity with HACCP, FDA, AIB, USIS and USDA requirements.
- PE designation or eligibility for professional registration will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements;
- Strong leadership, relationship management, and organizational planning and project management skills, in addition to technical knowledge;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results;
- Knowledge of post-implementation continuous improvement efforts and methodology;
- Ability to influence clients, suppliers and peers into adopting "best practices" in the engineering field;
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, listening and interpersonal with the ability to transfer knowledge to others;
- Capability to engage and energize others to reach their fullest potential and performance;
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma;
- Versatility in disciplines other than the one academically trained for is highly desired;
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Flexibility to travel to external manufacturing sites as needed.
Travel Travel is expected for this position.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!