Holter Scanning Technician Job Description Sample
Cardiac Holter Technician - Cardiology Associates
Providence Health & Services is calling a Cardiac Holter Technician to Providence Cardiology Associates Clinic in Olympia, WA.
This is a 0.8 FTE (32 hours per week) position and is eligible for benefits. We are seeking a Cardiac Holter Technician to be responsible for providing the highest quality of patient care by assuring that the needs of the patients, physicians and other health care providers are met in a timely and courteous manner.
In this position you will:
Provide patient mobility assistance as necessary.
Provide safe and clean environment for patients receiving care.
Recognize changes in patients’ status and alerts nurse or physician as needed.
Perform and follow up on cardiac procedures as ordered.
Maintain professional manner in administering patient care.
Teach patients about procedure to be performed.
Provide written information regarding monitor use and guidelines.
Answer questions and provides telephone follow-up as needed.
Be able to obtain adequate ECG and/or rhythm strip as needed for physicians.
Required qualifications for this position include:
A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Two year degree in related health field. Completion of basic and advanced ECG course.
One year experience of working in a medical setting.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor’s degree in related health field.
Prior cardiac experience in medical office or acute care setting. About the clinic you will serve. Providence Medical Group is a group of more than 125 primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve a five-county region in scenic southwest Washington. Our clinics are located in Aberdeen, Centralia, Lacey, Olympia and Rochester. With an emphasis on the medical home model, our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork. We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits/
Our Mission As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
About Us Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Cardiac Techs (Cath, EP and Other)
Req ID: 175472
Stress Holter Technician PRN
The EKG/Stress Test monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station. Duties and responsibilities include:
Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing staff.
Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
Orients and mentors new staff members.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. Qualifications include: · Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent required. · BLS through the American Heart Association required upon hire. · Previous clerical experience and CMT/cardiac experienced preferred. · Previous experience as a monitor tech in a hospital setting required. · Strong customer service skills required. · Familiarity with medical terminology is desired. · Computer literacy is required. · Completion of basic EKG/Arrhythmia course. · Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Job: Clinical Techs
- CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile*
Title:Stress Holter Technician PRN
Location: *Florida-Brandon-Brandon Regional Hospital
EKG Holter Technician - Healthcare
Everywhere Health Goes, We Go! At BioTelemetry, we fuel the advancement of mobile health services by providing leading technology and services that help healthcare providers monitor and diagnose patients and clinical research subjects in a more efficient, accurate, and cost-effective manner.
Cardiac Specialist SUMMARY To receive ECG transmissions in the Cardiac outpatient telemetry Service Center, provide technical analysis of the data and generate reports to the physician, and communicate as necessary to the patient and physician. EKG/ECG Technician- Cardiac Technician- Telemetry Technician- Monitoring Technician there is no patient contact with this role. Office environment- fairly sedentary position requiring vigilence and attention to detail Clinical Questions and Troubleshooting:
Interact with clients and patients Problem solving of client and patient service issues Educate patients about service and monitor use Receive and edit patient ECG transmissions Evaluate ECG for notification criteria Facilitate activation of EMS, if indicated Other: Document actions Facilitate orders for monitors and supplies Follow all policies, procedures and processes Other duties as required SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory responsibilities. QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Required:
High School Diploma or equivalent Basic ECG Analysis Basic knowledge of personal computer and keyboard must obtain CRAT certification within 6 months of hire date (if CRAT or CCT is not already obtained and active) Preferred: Two years experience as LPN, ECG Tech, Paramedic or EMT Basic knowledge of pacemakers, event, holter devices CCT or CRAT certification COMMUNICATION SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write patient documentation, routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively to customers and/or co-workers. Articulates using proper grammar, speaks English clearly and can be easily heard and understood by customers. Ability to obtain the trust and confidence of our customers over the phone.
Strong customer service and organizational skills. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several variables. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Job is sedentary and requires sitting at a desk using a computer and phone to perform the functions of the job at hand.
The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The company is an equal opportunity employer.
BioTelemetry, Inc ID: 2016-2361 External Company Name: CardioNet External Company URL: http://www.cardionet.com/
- Copy, paste and scan all transcribed notes into the appropriate electronic media.
- Research missing or misfiled documentation.
- Notify providers when documentation is ready for review and signature by email, taskers or creating telephone consults.
- Perform administrative and clerical duties in support of the medical staff at WHASC.
- Utilize office automation software to create, copy, edit, store, retrieve, and print forms, memos, and letters.
- Use existing database or spreadsheet software to create, enter, revise, sort or calculate, and retrieve data for reports.
- Use graphic software to provide graphs and charts for reports and presentations in miscellaneous clerical support.
- Have a high school diploma or General Educational Diploma (GED) equivalency.
- Must maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification via hands on training.
Document Scanning Technician
We’re in search of an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our team in a Scanning Technician position. In this role you will operate scanning equipment outside of the office at customers sites throughout the Midwest and Eastern part of the U.S., returning to the office between projects. Frequent travel for multiple days at a time and a valid driver license are required, and flexibility in that regard should be expected.
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity and have a desire to join a thriving and stable company then you should consider joining the Cott Systems’ team.
What You’ll Be Doing
In this position, you will have a key role within our Data and Image Services team. You’ll be primarily responsible for scanning historical records and documents in-house and at customer sites using diverse scanning equipment, and performing quality assurance auditing within established guidelines. You will:
- Load scanning equipment and supplies into automobile and transport to customer site; unload equipment and supplies at customer sites and set up scanning equipment
- Prepare documents for scanning (i.e. removing paperclips, verifying accuracy of each document) ensuring that all paper-based records are accurately prepared prior to scanning; Reassemble documents and binders after scanning is complete
- Utilize image scanning equipment to scan, create high-quality images and index various types of documents
- Monitor image creation and adjust scanning equipment and software as required in order to produce high-quality images; Insert image retakes into the appropriate file folders
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment such as cleaning the scanner, refilling toner and paper trays; troubleshoot scanning equipment as necessary (i.e. removing paper jams, adjust scanner settings)
- Perform quality control of digital images to ensure proper naming conventions are used, addendum pages are properly recognized, and missing images are identified and documented
- Index documents accurately under correct document type/file structure
- Maintain paperwork associated with assigned projects
- Establish and maintain open, productive communication with customers and co-workers
You are a positive, team-oriented and action driven individual. You have the aptitude to learn quickly, the ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment, and are capable of exercising independent judgment and working with minimal supervision. You have:
- Demonstrated experience setting up scanning equipment based on the workflow and project requirements highly desired; The ability to perform Simple Scanning and Equipment maintenance required
- The ability to move and lift equipment and scanning supplies weighing up to 75 pounds necessary
- Availability for extended overnight stays at customer locations
- Possession of a valid Driver License and the ability to drive company automobile to customer locations necessary
- Excellent customer service skills; Good verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (folder/file structures in particular) & working knowledge of Excel spreadsheet manipulation
- Basic Database Skills – Ability to execute/modify existing basic SQL scripts
- Ability to manage time effectively and independently – able to organize and prioritize time to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Excellent attendance record and work history required
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (15 days first year plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, flexible work arrangements and great opportunities to grow your skills and develop yourself!
Who are we?
Cott Systems is a leader in technology solutions and services for recording, imaging, and searching land and court records. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Cott specializes in understanding and responding to local government information management needs by building a partnership with their customers and the public that they serve.
Direct-hire full-time opportunity, no contractors or third parties, please.
We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
Cott Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cott has been delivering innovative products and services since our inception in 1888, when we served local governments by designing “modern” manual index systems. We have evolved and innovated over the years as computer technology became more affordable for government entities, first developing systems that produced alphabetized indexes on site, to today, providing innovative solutions to assist local governments in improving office efficenicies, customer service and in-house and online access to public records with our records management indexing and imaging software. Today, our accumulated experience drives innovative systems for recording, imaging and searching land, court, and other official records in 21 states. We continue to be committed to being innovative and take advantage of new technologies and hardware.
In addition, we have a long tradition of customer service and dedicated focus on our core customers – the recorders of land and court records in local government – and are able to provide this dedication because of our associates who possess a wealth of experience and knowledge. We are committed to protecting our greatest asset, our associates, by offering competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, continued education & training, and a friendly, family-oriented culture along with a good amount of autonomy, as well as a hard-working team that contributes to our ongoing successes and continuing growth.
Test Ops Scanning SW Technician
Kforce has a client Test Ops Scanning SW Technician in Corvallis, Oregon (OR). Essential Duties: This software intensive support role helps to enable the printing and scanning of diagnostic image files to be electronically rendered and algorithms applied that enable information transfer to the database. You will be printing and scanning is done from a variety of toolsets, and the data can then be accessed by Analysts and Engineers to inform program decisions about pen architectures, ink attributes, and other diagnostic qualities used for product development. Successful candidate possesses background and experience with computers, as well as associated SW's used to print and scan artwork. A key feature of the role is the ability to learn and provide printer, print bank, scanner, and other imaging tools software and process support and troubleshooting, with strong skills in working with customers who will be using these toolsets. Be able to build rapport to successfully support lab users and provide technical support and troubleshooting to both the process and product testbed tools used to print image files, as well as equipment maintenance, operator training, and/or the application and maintenance of associated software. The Tech will collaborate and work with team members and primary partners to take requests and respond to queue. Assignments are highly complex in nature and a strong degree of independent judgment, initiative and technical knowledge is required to resolve problems. Work is completed independently once fully trained.
Experience or demonstrated ability to quickly learn software applications, design tools and languages used to create artwork for printed images, the scripting that enables their printing, and the tools and software that enables their scanning and transfer to the database
Experience with or ability to learn printer and scanner support and troubleshooting
Aid and support to peers, customers, management and similar entities to complete tasks and meet the goals and objectives of the team
Troubleshoot issues with data, tools, or processes related to testbed or PQ support within agreed upon timeframes and to a quality level specified by the requestor
Effectively keep all interested parties updated with the work in progress, initial and results
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Support an atmosphere of collaboration and innovation Specific requirements and skills needed to be successful
Strong software and computer skills, database and configuration file experience preferred
Strong customer facing skills and professionalism, collaborator
Strong troubleshooting and speed to resolution
Able to support diverse and varied labs that use imaging tools; support all locations on site where scanners are in place, actively visit test areas at least daily
Strong partner to HW support team
Backup image support file creation * XRite tool file creation and support; learn and potentially own XRite color measurement agreement
Complete tooling software updates as needed
Database error spool troubleshooting and management Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Medical Instrument Technician (Ekg - Holter & Event Monitoring)
- Duties Help
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans? Learn more about this agency
Responsibilities VA Loma Linda Healthcare System is currently recruiting for a Medical Instrument Technician
- Electrocardiograph (EKG) Holter to work in the Cardiology Section of Medical Service. The Medical Instrument Technician will perform diagnostic examinations and procedures as part of the diagnosis and treatment of patients referred to the Cardiology Section.
In this position, the technician will be responsible for providing technical services for the outpatient Electrocardiographs (EKG) Clinic, Holter and Event Monitor Clinics, and Stress Lab Clinic. The technician schedules, performs, scans and interprets 24 and 48 hour ambulatory electrocardiograms (Holter and Event monitors) on both inpatients and outpatients. The incumbent should have knowledge of standard medical terminology as related to Cardiology to interpret physician orders or instructions, Holter monitoring, performing basic patient screening procedures. The incumbent should also have the ability to perform scheduling and data entry into computer programs.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. work schedule, but schedule may be adjusted to meet the needs of the service.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Travel Required Not required
Supervisory status No
Who May Apply
This job is open to
… United States Citizens Questions? This job is open to 1 group. * #### Job family (Series) 0649 Medical Instrument Technician
- Requirements Help
Conditions of Employment
You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959 * You may be required to serve a probationary period
Subject to a background/security investigation
Must be proficient in written and spoken English
heavy lifting (45 lbs, and over); moderate carrying (15 - 44 lbs.); pushing; repeated bending; both legs required; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; both eyes required; depth perception; hearing aid (permitted); far vision correctable in one eyes to 20/50 and 20/100 in the other. Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
Basic Requirements: *
United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. *
English Language Proficiency:Must be proficient in spoke and written English.
Experience that is directly related to this position includes: At least 1 year of experience comparable to the next lower grade level (GS-07), which is directly related to the duties of the position to be filled, and must fully meet the KSAs at that level.
This would be experience which provided knowledge of advanced specialized procedures, the pharmacology related to the occupation, and knowledge of related acute disorders and diseases and their effects on organs and methods of treatment. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following technical KSAs and the potential to acquire the assignment specific KSAs designated by an asterisk (*): 1. Knowledge of pharmacology related to specialized procedures. 2.
Ability to provide briefings and orientations to hospital staff including physicians. 3. Knowledge of a variety of related acute disorders and diseases, their effects on organs, and methods of treatment. 4. Ability to perform more complex procedures such as SAECG (Signal Averaged ECG), Tilt table monitoring, electrophysiology monitoring, and event monitoring. 5.
Ability to provide, or provide for, staff development and training. 6.
Ability to manage and supervise employees.
Certification:No certification is required; however, it is desirable that employees at this level have BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) and ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certifications.
References: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G27 Medical Instrument Technician The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-08. ### Education
IMPORTANT:A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment.
You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Additional information This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies
. It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment. This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
United States Citizenship Required; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Veterans and Transitioning Service Members: Please visit the VA for Vets site for career-search tools for Veterans seeking employment at VA, career development services for our existing Veterans, and coaching and reintegration support for military service members. If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. Read more
How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above
. IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.Your application, résumé, C.V., and/or supporting documentation will be verified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.
NOTE: The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidate's education and experience and recommend the grade and salary at which the candidate will be placed. For internal selectees eligible for promotion, the board will determine grade and HR will determine step in accordance with policy.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Read more
Background checks and security clearance
Security clearance Other
- Required Documents Help
Required Documents To apply for this position
, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
Resume VA Form 10-2850c Application for Associated Health Occupations can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/searchaction.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey;=&Action;=Search. The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, documentation to support Veterans Preference or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees).
Cover Letter * DD-214 * OF-306 * VA 10-2850c
Civil Preference Letter
Resume * SF-15 * SF-50 * Transcript Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), 10pt (CP/CPS/XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP) in the questionnaire. You must provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) which shows dates and character of service (honorable, general, etc.). If you are currently serving on active duty and expect to be released or discharged within 120 days you must submit documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), and dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veteran Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. Documentation is required to award preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications.
Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits Help
Benefits A career with the U
.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits. Review our benefits Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply Help
How to Apply All applicants are encouraged to apply online
. To apply for this position, you must complete the full questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 02/13/2018 to receive consideration. 1.
To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USA JOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire. 2. Click Submit My Answers to submit your application package.
NOTE: It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date. To verify your application is complete, log into your USA JOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position.
The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. To return to an incomplete application, log into your USA JOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement.
You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USA JOBS account or your application will be incomplete. Read more
Agency contact information
(909) 825-7084 X6516 ##### Email Cindy.Olmedo@va.gov
Address Jerry L Pettis Memorial Veterans Hospital
11201 Benton Street Loma Linda, CA US Learn more about this agency
Next steps Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email
. After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email.
Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made. You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USA Jobs account and clicking on Applications.
Information regarding your application status can be found in the USAJobs Help Center. Read more
- Fair & Transparent
& Transparent The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race
, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants Read more
Reasonable Accommodation Policy Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate
. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events. You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job.
Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency. Read more
Legal and regulatory guidance
Social security number request
Signature and false statements
New employee probationary period This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489376600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered. Open & closing dates: 01/24/2018 to 02/13/2018 Salary: $51,845 to $67,404 per year
Pay scale & grade:* GS 8 Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type:* Permanent
Scanning Technician - Printer Support
Pay Rate: $20.00/hr - $21.00/hr
Contract: 2 years
- This software intensive support role helps to enable the printing and scanning of diagnostic image files to be electronically rendered and algorithms applied that enable information transfer to the database.
- Printing and scanning is done from a variety of toolsets, and the data can then be accessed by analysts and engineers to inform program decisions about pen architectures, ink attributes, and other diagnostic qualities used for product development.
- Successful candidate possesses background and experience with computers, as well as associated SWs used to print and scan artwork.
- A key feature of the role is the ability to learn and provide printer, print bank, scanner, and other imaging tools software and process support and troubleshooting, with strong skills in working with customers who will be using these toolsets.
- Be able to build rapport to successfully support lab users.
- Be able to provide technical support and troubleshooting to both the process and product wrt testbed tools used to print image files, as well as equipment maintenance, operator training, and/or the application and maintenance of associated software.
- Collaborate and work with team members and primary partners to take requests and respond to queue.
- Assignments are highly complex in nature and a strong degree of independent judgment, initiative and technical knowledge is required to resolve problems.
- Work is completed independently once fully trained.
- Experience or demonstrated ability to quickly learn software applications, design tools and languages used to create artwork for printed images, the scripting that enables their printing, and the tools and software that enables their scanning and transfer to the database.
- Experience with or ability to learn printer and scanner support and troubleshooting.
- Aid and support to peers, customers, management and similar entities to complete tasks and meet the goals and objectives of the team.
- Troubleshoot issues with data, tools, or processes related to testbed or PQ support within agreed upon timeframes and to a quality level specified by the requestor.
- Effectively keep all interested parties updated with the work in progress, initial and results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Support an atmosphere of collaboration and innovation
Specific requirements and skills needed to be successful
- Strong software and computer skills, database and configuration file experience preferred
- Strong customer facing skills and professionalism, collaborator
- Strong troubleshooting and speed to resolution
- Able to support diverse and varied labs that use imaging tools; support all locations on site where scanners are in place, actively visit test areas at least daily
- Strong partner to HW support team
- Backup image support file creation
- XRite tool file creation and support; learn and potentially own XRite color measurement agreement
- Complete tooling software updates as needed
- Database error spool troubleshooting and management
- Mirroring/backup and networking support
- Attention to detail and strong initiative
- Ability to clearly communicate with team members, both locally and internationally
- Strong teamwork skills with some leadership experience
- May support other locations either with visits or remote assist
- Computer Science background helpful but not required
Education and Experience
- Experience or demonstrated ability to quickly learn software applications, design tools and languages used to create artwork for printed images and the scripting that enables their printing
- AS or BS in Computer Science or related experience preferred
- Desired: 3 - 5 years of experience in inkjet printer or writing systems development
Isaac "Zac" Reyes
We’ve also added our unique approach: A focus on building trusted, lasting relationships with clients and consultants.
That means listening. Asking the right questions. Following up. Maintaining a presence with our clients, checking on our candidates to ensure that people, cultures and attitudes are in sync. Continually finding better, faster and smarter ways to work together. Creating the type of environment that clients and candidates are eager to return to, again and again.
In short, we take the time to find the best possible match.
Network Scanning Technician
Multiple tiers of support
This position provides Vulnerability Assessment (scanning) in an enterprise (greater than 3000 users) environment by conducting vulnerability scans using DISA Vulnerability Management System (VMS) tools. The employee is responsible to review vulnerability status reports and coordinate with multiple POCs to ensure that due diligence is being conducted for all networked assets.
Occasional weekend or shift work may be required.
The successful candidate will have 1 to 4 years’ experience working in a large-scale, enterprise, multi-site environment Microsoft Windows Server Environment.
- Network asset discovery.
- Scan target group creation.
- Building custom scans.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Have experience administering Microsoft Windows 2008 and 2012 Server (Installation/Configuration, Troubleshooting).
- Experience assessing, summarizing, and providing technical guidance for security directives and patches in support of Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Program.
- Working knowledge of the Vulnerability Management System (VMS), working technical knowledge of REM.
- Trend/root cause analyst from a vulnerability management perspective, Proficient with Microsoft Access.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must hold an active Department of Defense (DoD) clearance level of Secret prior to start date.
- Must be certified in accordance with DoD 8570 IAT Level II approved baseline certifications prior to start date.
- Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Leave
Valdez International Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Valdez International Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Valdez requires drug screenings of all it's employees.
By law, this position requires U.S. citizenship.
Achieving Success through Ethical Business Practices and Respect for both Clients and Employees
To provide a broad range of technical services to all clients while maintaining the highest standards of performance through the use of sound, ethical business practices and an emphasis on loyalty to our dedicated employees.
Integrity / Excellence / Teamwork
Server and Network Administration, Database Administration, Internet & Security, Engineering, Applications, Web Design, Application Development, Project Management
Information Technology and Services
Dental Scanning Technician
Technician will use 3Shape, Sirona, and other desktop dental scanners to create 3D digital images of dental models. Will operate and manage multiple hardware scanning stations, assist and monitor electronic portals, and assist with setup and operation of milling machines.
Excellent computer skills
Strong attention to detail
Require: High School Diploma/GED. Desired: 2 or 4 Yr degree
Must be able to lift 30 lbs
Artistic, organized, able to work independently
Preferred knowledge: Dental occlusion/morphologist, 3Shape
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!