Horse Race Starter Job Description Sample
Asstistant Starter 2017-2018 Season
Don’t just work. Work Happy. A career in gaming? At Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry. An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
Loading race horses in the starting gate before post time
Schooling horses in the morning
Setting the gate for each race, ensuring numbers on gate.
Follow proper procedures for getting gate on and off track each race
Making equipment changes if needed
Assist jockeys while handling individual horses in gate
Report any maintenance or safety issue with the starting gate to the head starter
Performs head starter functions if necessary
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and team members may also be asked to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned. Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises with appropriate notification to Team Members.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
High school diploma or equivalent + 2-3 years Starting Gate experience or horse handling experience preferred
Must be knowledgeable of the Rules of Racing
Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
Must be licensed with the Ohio State Racing commission.
Must be able to work in various weather conditions
Excellent communication skills
Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 75 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment. Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Casino PropertyHollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley
Golf Starter / Ranger
Golf Starter / Ranger Print Apply Golf Starter / Ranger Salary $10.20 - $13.97 Hourly Location Denver, CO Job Type On Call Regular Department Parks and Recreation (DPR) Job Number CG1929-18 17112 Closing Continuous
Questions About Us The secret is out: Denver is the nation's top place to live, work, and play. Being the best place to live isn't easy; maintaining such a reputation means we need the best people working for the residents of Denver. People who want to make a difference; people who want to give back; people who want to be at the heart of this city and have a hand in creating our future. When you join us, you will employ your unique skills to do important and meaningful work critical to the success of both your organization and the city as a whole. Be a part of the city that you love. #WhereDenverWorks With seven golf facilities, Denver Golf has something for everyone: one 27-hole regulation golf course, three 18-hole regulation golf courses, one 18-hole executive mountain golf course, two 9-hole par three golf courses, two Miniature Golf facilities, five driving ranges (including a signature water range), six Restaurants, and the Denver Junior Golf/The First Tee of Denver
- One of the largest Junior Golf programs in the country.Denver Golf has outstanding course conditions and top notch guest services for the best value. Check us out at https://vimeo.com/221918735 About Our Job This position is the front line of customer service for our Golf Course patrons. Golf Courses are open year-round (weather permitting) including weekends and holidays excluding Christmas. Golf Starter/Rangers:
Inform golfers of rules and regulations pertaining to the golf course, enforces rules and, if necessary, removes golfers from the course for flagrant violations of course rules, golf etiquette or safety.
Check daily play tickets, provides direction and assistance to golfers and ensures the smooth flow of play on the course.
Provide timely updates and communications regarding pace of play, status of tee times, course conditions and other pertinent information to the Golf Pro Shop.
Complete accident and incident reports.
May maintain accurate tee time, customer records and pace of play records using a computerized tee sheet program.
Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. This is an on-call position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. On-call positions may have routine or variable work schedules. About You Our ideal candidate will have:
Previous golf operations experience.
Flexibility to work on weekends and holidays. We realize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
One (1) year of participation in the game of golf on a recreational basis. About Everything Else Classification Title: We call this job a Golf/Starter Ranger
- On Call. The official job classification title is Golf/Starter Ranger. Assessments / Testing: This position does not require testing. Pre-employment Screening: An offer of employment is contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by law and City and County of Denver policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Candidates must pass a criminal background check and other verifications required for the position which may include, but are not limited to, employment and/or education verification, motor vehicle record check, drug test, and/or physical. The existence of a conviction does not automatically disqualify an individual from employment except where federal or state law or regulations prohibit employment of an individual with certain convictions. For more information about the selection and employment screening process, click here. Probationary Period: This position may require the selected candidate to complete at least a six month probationary period prior to attaining career status with the City & County of Denver. For more information about the probationary period, click here. The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law. Recruiter: VES To view the City and County of Denver's robust benefit package that only a multiple-industry employer can offer click the link below. www.DenverGov.org/Benefits
Description: The Club at Cordillera in Edwards, CO is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of seasonal full-time and/or part-time Starter. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused in providing superior service. Key Responsibilities of the Starter/Player Assistant:
Starts players on the first tee explaining the rules of play for the day.
Maintains an accurate starting sheet so the whereabouts of players are known.
Cues groups to move to the first tee and makes sure not more than one group is on the tee at on time.
Tours the golf course assisting players when needed to maintain the posted pace of play for the day.
Checks the restrooms and water stations on a regular schedule.
Maintains proper spacing on the golf course to avoid delays.
Completes the golfer tracking report on a daily basis.
Reminds players of the cart rules of the day.
Repairs ball marks and collects any trash that may be on the course. Replaces any hazard stakes or directional signage.
Communicates with the Golf Shop and Starter on a regular basis.
Monitors the course and ensure customer satisfaction. Assists golfers when needed.
Reports all problem situations to the Head Professional in a timely manner.
Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Performs other duties as required. Minimum Qualifications for the Starter/Player Assistant:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Other
Possesses basic math skills.
Regular and reliable attendance. Position: Starter
Job Category:* Golf Operations
CNA Starter Program – Unit Aide - Fuller Ave. - Full Time – Evenings
Facility: Rehab & Nursing Center
GRAND RAPIDS, MI Department: Fuller-Rnc 5th Floor Category:
Nursing Classification: Full-time Temporary with Benefits (C1) Assists in stocking supplies, cleaning equipment and performing other errands as needed. Have you been thinking about starting a career in healthcare, but don’t know where to begin?
Spectrum Health Continuing Care (SHCC) offers a CNA Starter Program – a program designed to give you work experience in healthcare while paying for you to become a CNA! The program begins by starting you in one of our Rehab & Nursing Centers as a Unit Aide. This role will provide help to nursing staff, and companionship to patients and residents.
After 90 days you will be able to be considered for placement in the CNA Starter Program. In this program, SHCC will cover all the costs for you to attend CNA training… AND pay you for hours spent in your classes! When you graduate and obtain your CNA certificate, we will promote you to a CNA position so you can use your new skills, along with the training you’ve been getting all along the way, to make a difference in the lives of our patients & residents.
High School Diploma or equivalent Experience
Successful completion of competency-based orientation program We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Be the Best You Pinnacle Entertainment (PNK) is a dynamic and growing casino entertainment company with more than 15,000 team members working at 16 casinos and racetracks located in Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Ohio - and PNK has a management contract for Retama Park Racetrack outside of San Antonio, Texas.At PNK, we are guided by our team member promise
- Be the Best You. Through this promise we strive to support our team members in living their best lives by offering them challenging and rewarding work, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to build lasting relationships. Property Details Belterra®is a classic but revolutionary casino resort situated on the scenic Ohio River near the Markland Dam in Switzerland County, Indiana. Belterra offers a first class gaming and resort experience featuring 38,000 square feet of gaming space, outstanding guest rooms and suites, seven delicious food venues, a shopping pavilion, full-service spa and salon, a 1,500-seat entertainment showroom, an 18-hole Tom Fazio designed golf course and more than 50,000 square feet of meeting and conference space. Belterra Casino Resort 777 Belterra Drive Florence, Indiana 47020-9402 Overview The Golf Starter is responsible for ensuring golf play pace runs efficiently and assisting administrative functions of the department. The position is also responsible for providing extraordinary service to both the internal and external guests. Responsibilities
Assists in course management functions such as monitoring the first tee.
Inform guests of daily cart rules and policies.
Assures each cart is stocked appropriately.
Instructs guests on use of GPS unit in the cart.
Keep tee sheet organized with names of players.
Check receipts to ensure all players have paid.
Balances Pro Shop books at the end of each day. Qualifications
Ability to operate golf carts and light motorized equipment.
Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Must be able to obtain and maintain all licenses / certification per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations. These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school education and working knowledge of the game of golf and its regulations. Requisition ID2018-30662 PropertyBelterra Casino Resort
- Florence, IN CategoryHotel Position TypeSeasonal/Temporary Starting Pay RateUSD $10.15/Hr.
Golf Course Starter Marshal- Foothills PT
Location Barton Creek Resort & Spa Barton Creek Resort & Spa's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to maintain the company's trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged then this is the place for you. Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Barton Creek may be your perfect match. Job Description Responsible for giving the highest level of guest service while maintaining the quality of our daily golf operations. Responsibilities
To perform the duties of greeting, starting, club cleaning, and transferring clubs to various locations
Participate in daily communication stand-up meetings
Assist the coordination of outside services for golf tournaments
Ensure consistent presentation according to Omni Hotels standards
Assist with the protection of all assets including security of the guest's golf clubs and rental clubs
Responsible for providing continuous detailing and maintenance to the golf course equipment and facility (E.g. Golf cars, workstation, etc...) Qualifications
Must play golf and have working knowledge of the game
Must be able to operate a golf cart
Must be able to work alone as well as work well with others
May be subjected to adverse conditions - rain, wind, sun, extreme heat and cold
Must be able to operate Golf Cart, GPS and Hand Radio
Must be able to work weekends and holidays Refer this job to a friend Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Requisition ID2018-21823 # of Openings1 Category (Portal Searching)Golf Resort Operations
Inside Sales Pro – Sales Starter
Inside Sales Pro – Sales Starter
You have successful experience calling, contacting and having relevant conversations and scheduling meetings for internal executives with business leaders in professional firms. You know how to navigate the gatekeeper, electronic and humans. You love the hunt and prospecting is your greatest strength. You are a fast learner and have the ability to communicate with grace, poise and ease…verbally and written. You are proud to show your activity as a sign of progress and success. You excel at follow up when appropriate but don’t waste time chasing junk. You are familiar with CRM systems and know the value of keeping accurate notes and records. You are a self-starter and highly motivated and you are looking for a fast-paced team environment with potential to reach yours. You must have made $50k in a variable comp. plan in an inside sales position and want the ability to earn $75K. You have strong experience setting meetings with decision makers in a highly professionalized field.
Mountain Course Starter
Greets golfers at No. 1 & No. 10 tees to provide a brief synopsis of the Mtn Course offerings, incl. layout & course rules. Req: HS diploma (GED) & 3 mo related customer service experience.
Valid Driver’s License. Good communication & customer service skills, with knowledge of the game of golf and the Lake Tahoe area also helpful. Rate: Starts $10/hr DOE. Dates May to October
Golf Starter / Marshall
Job Description: s: Assist with the supervision of the golf operation. Serve the membership as a leader and ambassador of the game at all times.
Support and communicate with the Director of Golf keeping him informed.
Provide superior service to all members and guests.
Responsible for keeping play moving at an acceptable pace under the defined system provided by the Director of Golf.
Forward to Director of Golf players who have failed to meet our established pace of play standards or Club regulations.
Provide immediate assistance to golfers who have experienced a golf-related problem.
Report and assist in any emergencies that might occur following the procedure outlined by Club.
Reconcile the play sheet verifying its accuracy, and provide accurate turn and completion times.
While on duty communicate frequently with the Master Starters and Course Starters/Marshals.
When appropriate train members on the procedure for filling divots, repairing ball marks and pace improvement.
Provide security for the Membership and their property by reporting intruders and any other suspicious characters at the facility.
Remove all noticeable rubbish.
When filling in for a starter or equipment attendant perform the duties defined in order to achieve maximum operating results.
Keep the course sand stations including the short game area filled. Note: periodically check to make sure there is sufficient sand available. Greet every member and guest as they arrive with a smile and Good Morning, Good Afternoon or Good Evening- Welcome them and their guests to Cherokee and wish them a great day. Make sure they leave with a positive experience.
Be service oriented. No request is too small or too large.
Address all members/guests as Mr. or Mrs. with the use of their last names. Always use yes sir and yes ma'am.
Anticipate member and guest needs to the best of your ability.
Handle any member complaints or problems as they arise. Keep the Director of Golf informed.
Be very visible. If a member needs anything, they should be able to find you without a problem.
Be knowledgeable of the entire golf operation.
Keep a clean work environment.
Conduct yourself in a professional manner both at and away from the club.
Other duties as assigned. Required Experience: Qualifications
Knowledge of the game of Golf
Willing to Caddie
Customer service oriented
Good Public relations skills Keyword: starter / marshall From: Cherokee Town and Country Club
Track Specialist /Equipment Operator- Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park
Position Summary: Duties include preparing, maintaining, repairing race tracks and drag strip to meet and exceed industry standards. Handling service calls, equipment pick-ups. Support various maintenance and labor projects throughout the property as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Able to operate a fork lift, tow truck, bobcat, front loader, auger, buckets, Gannon, backhoe;
• Able to operate track maintenance equipment including: Rubber down machine, Tymco sweeper, ride on scrubber, buffalo blower, kick broom, track glue sprayer
• Prepare the drag strip and race tracks for use, including, but not limited to:
- Track sweeping
- Track scrubbing
- Track scraping
- Starting line setup
- Timing equipment maintenance
- Track equipment maintenance
- Track prep product inventory
· Support the needs of the general maintenance team as requested.
· Support all departments with furniture and equipment moves and relocation.
· Conduct required inspections of all areas of responsibility. Document findings in written format.
· Coordinates with facilities manager to plan, develop, and carry out work assignments.
· Conduct all required preventative maintenance on track equipment per manufacturer recommendation.
· Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by a manager, at any time.
Job Skills & Knowledge
· CDL required
· Understanding of DOT Regulations
· Experience in general equipment operation and maintenance preferred
· Able to work extended hours before, during and after events
· Knowledge of various types of commercial vehicles
· Knowledge in a variety of maintenance issues including vehicle preventative maintenance and light mechanical repair
· Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all coworkers and clients
· Basic reading and writing skills required.
· Proficient with Microsoft office suite (Word,Excel,etc)
Minimum Education, Work Experience & Other Job Requirements
· Must be at 21 years of age for insurance purposes.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Must pass pre-employment drug screening prior to assuming position.
· Valid AZ driver’s license required, provide a violation-free 39-month MVD report.
· Minimum of 3 years related experience driving and operating construction and maintenance equipment, hand-held power tools.
· Training in CPR and First Aid preferred.
· Race Track and/or Dragstrip prep and maintenance experience preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to read and comprehend written instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be outside for an entire shift/extended period of time. During their shift, and employee will be required to walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; execute repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to sit; and climb, balance, bend, stoop, lift, carry, push, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed both inside and outside, primarily outside. Outside work is performed in most kinds of weather with exposure to extreme heat, fumes and direct sunlight and extreme heat. Work is performed primarily in a Motorsports Park setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Evening, night, weekend, and holiday work is required. Extended hours and irregular shifts will be required from time to time based on client demand.
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Preference is given to qualified members of the Gila River Indian Community.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!