Horticultural Worker Ii Job Description Sample
TEMPORARY HORTICULTURAL/NURSERY 03-10-18 TO 12-22-18 J.O.812547571 METCALFE LANDSCAPE & GARDEN CENTER, MADISONVILLE, KY ( 10 OPENINGS) The prevailing hourly wage or piece rate for the state , agreed upon collective bargaining rate or federal / state min. wage Adverse Effect Wage Rate (AEWR) whichever is higher is guaranteed as a minimum for all work contained in this order., at time work is performed. NURSERY LABORER, PLANTING, POTTING, DIGGING Wrap & BALL TREE’S, PRUNE & CLIP NURSERY STOCK, LOAD & UNLOAD TRUCKS.WITH 3 MONTHS EXPERIENCE $11.19 HR.3/4 CONTRACT HOURS GUARANTEED, ALL TOOLS AND EQUIP.
AT NO CHARGE. HOUSING PROVIDED FOR THOSE
The job will consist of, but not limited to, the following tasks: Assemble and maintain watering lines and mist systems; operate and maintain heaters and pot/flat filling machines; remove snow from greenhouse structure; stack plants by variety; weed flower beds and pots; manipulate topiary forms and plant shapes; transplant plants; operate forklift and front end loader; operate power tools; change plastic films on greenhouses; help assemble and relocate greenhouses and benches; interact with customers.
Must have the ability to identify and name plants on site.Housing and utilities are provided at no cost to workers who are unable to return to their places of residence the same day. Workers will purchase food and prepare meals in employer provided fully equipped kitchen and the employer will ensure workers have access to a grocery store at least once per week.The employer guarantees to offer employment for a minimum of 3/4 of the workdays of the total specified period during which the work contract and all extensions thereof are in effect. The employer will reimburse the worker for transportation costs and subsistence to the employer's work site when the worker completes 50% of the work period.
The employer will pay the worker for reasonable costs incurred by the worker for transportation and daily subsistence (travel reimbursement subsistence will be the minimum amount of $12.07 without receipts per 24-hour periods of travel, and the maximum amount will be $51.00 per day with receipts) from the place from which the worker has come to work for the employer, whether in the US or abroad, to the place of employment. Upon completion of the work contract, employer will pay reasonable costs of return transportation and subsistence (travel reimbursement subsistence will be the minimum amount of $12,07 when workers do not have receipts per 24-bour period of travel. and the maximum amount will be $51.00 per day when workers do have receipts) from the place of employment to the place from which the worker has come to work for the employer, except when the worker will not be returning to the place from which the worker has come to work for the employer due to subsequent employment with another employer who agrees to pay such costs, in which case the new employer will only pay for the transportation and subsistence to the next job. The amount of the transportation payment will be equal to the most economical and reasonable similar common carrier transportation charges for the distance involved.Minimum of 3 months experience required.
Must be able to lift at least 60 pounds repeatedly throughout the day. Must have the ability to identify and name plants on sight. Basic literacy and arithmetic required.
All workers hired under this order will be required to provide documentation attesting to U. S. citizenship or legal status to work in the U.S. Neither the ETA nor the State of Wisconsin Job Service are guarantors of the accuracy or truthfulness of the information from the employer.
However, if any material misrepresentation is made by the employer, procedures of the Employment Service Complaint System at 20CFR 658, subpart F apply. No Clearance Order accepted or recruited upon by the Wisconsin Job Service constitutes a contractual job offer to which the ETA or the Wisconsin Job Service is in any way a party. Both entities only provide employment assistance.
Horticultural ,Interiorscaping Foliage Plant Maintenance
Interior plant design, bidding and maintenance. or maintenance only.
Interior Horticultural Specialist
CityLeaf’s mission is to help make people happier, healthier and more productive – through plants.
We offer market leading pay and benefits, AND we hire for culture and attitude! We’re a fast growing company that provides office plants to corporate clients all over the Bay Area. We’re currently seeking to hire an
Interior Horticultural Specialist.
• Maintain indoor office plants including water, and prune and
• Build relationships with your customers and provide an awesome customer experience
• Must be able to squat, lift 40 pounds and climb ladders
• Must have a valid CA Driver's License and Clean DMV
• Horticultural experience required, Interior preferred.
• Ability to work well either alone or in groups.
• Good work ethic and sense of humor required.
• Competitive salary, based on experience + Performance based Bonus!
• Medical/Dental Insurance
• Generous Paid Vacations
• Company vehicle (if required), tools, uniform provided
The largest landscaper in Wisconsin is looking for a new sales and service representative to sell work for our Maintenance department. This would include lawn care, annual flower arrangements, renovation of landscape beds, irrigation services, and much more! We currently have positions open in both Madison and Milwaukee for this role. As the Horticulture Sales Representative, your duties would include:
- Overseeing the entire new sales process, from prospecting to interviewing, estimating, sales presentations, and closing.
- Job organization for jobs that you sell, including paperwork, shipping tickets, site maps and detail sheets, and site-specific instructions.
- Regular site inspections to make sure the weekly care plans for the installations are adequate, as well as making recommendations for further improvements.
- Analyzing and adjusting contracts for annual renewals.
- Following up quickly and courteously with customers regarding questions or concerns over their accounts.
An associate's degree in horticulture (or commensurate experience), a valid driver's license, and 1-2 years of sales experience is required. A bachelor's degree in horticulture and 3 or more years of experience in landscape industry sales is preferred.
Essential Job Duties: The primary purpose of the position is to provide hands on technical expertise in applied horticultural sciences in order to improve the care and culture of the diverse plant life within the NC State University campus.
This position is also required to apply sound horticultural practices and integrated pest management procedures on Centennial Campus and serve as an area plant care expert. They ensure that all service agreements Grounds Management has with plant maintenance responsibilities are met according to the contract with the campus customer, i.e., fertilization, maintenance, pruning and soil testing. Position does field evaluation for
Horticultural Tech, Arboretum
Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s Degree in arboriculture, horticulture, or related field. A minimum of three years’ experience in the field of horticulture or a related field may be substituted for the educational requirement. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and acquire a D.O.T. Medical Examiner’s Certificate as part of the pre-hiring process. Possess and maintain a Massachusetts Pesticide Applicator’s License within six months of employment and either a Massachusetts Commercial Pesticide License or a Massachusetts Private Pesticide License within three years of employment. Possess and maintain (within six months of employment) a hoisting license of the proper classification as required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Be certified as an Arborist with the Massachusetts Arborist Association or with the International Society of Arboriculture within six months of employment.Additional
Must be able to perform strenuous manual labor, including frequent lifting/carrying/transporting heavy loads up to 50 lbs
Required to work in all weather conditions in all seasons
Demonstrate performance in the safe & proper operation of the Arboretum’s equipment
- Essential staff for weather related emergencies impacting the grounds Department:HorticulturePre-Employment Screening:Criminal, DMV, Education, IdentityJob Function:Technical
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University seeks a skilled horticulture professional, passionate about the care of botanical collections, to fill the role of Horticultural Technologist. The successful candidate will join the Arboretum’s Horticulture Department in the stewardship of one of the finest and most significant woody plant collections in North America. Horticultural Technologists’ are responsible for the full scope of collections care and landscape maintenance tasks within assigned zones. Responsibilities include planning and execution of IPM practices, transplanting, pruning, watering, weed management, mulching and composting, lawn maintenance and establishment, leaf clean-up, invasive species management, equipment operation, landscape maintenance and collection renovation projects, and other assignments as part of the full horticulture operation. In addition, horticulture staff members support the Arboretum’s longstanding internship training programs through development and instruction of courses, hands-on training, and mentorship. The successful candidate is expected to engage fully in the professional activities of the Arboretum and work collaboratively with colleagues on interdepartmental efforts. Hourly Wage: $31.65. Full-time, Permanent, Benefits Eligible Position. Performs a wide variety of duties associated with the overall operation of the Living Collections including:
Propagation & nursery practices
Identification and methods of control of weeds, pests and diseases
Specialized tasks in grounds grooming & presentation or greenhouse and nursery operations
Maintains, repairs and operates various equipment
Maintains and makes repairs to building and grounds structures
Oversees the work of interns, apprentices and term appointments
May oversee the work of Gardener I and Gardener II workers as assigned
Related job duties as assigned May be required to:
Demonstrate knowledge of the Living Collections
Monitor and identify pest and diseases in the collections; mix, apply, store and dispose of pesticides in accordance with Massachusetts general laws
Utilize BG-Base and be able to update and maintain plant records
Maintain appropriate computerized records for equipment and grounds maintenance; order parts and supplies for grounds and equipment that have been approved by the Manager or Assistant Manager
Assist and facilitate researchers and professionals in their work and research School/Unit:University Administration EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Social Worker II - Brooklyn Leap MSW Required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In accordance with the standards of the social work profession and requirements of the funding source, responsible for the:
· The provision of In-Home and In-Office Assessment of the social and emotional needs of the older adult client and his family, utilizing prescribed standardized assessment instruments (i.e. PSA, EISEP-PATH); securing where appropriate the assistance of other social work and/or other professional consultants.
· The development and implementation of a written case plan for the provision of the full range of social services for the older adult client(s) and family, including:
o Individual and family counseling and guidance in the resolution of problems of the client(s) and family.
o The provision of appropriate information to clients and collaterals regarding the normal physical, social and psychological development of individuals, challenges to functioning presented by conditions of impairment, disease, social stresses and dysfunction; and ways of coping and preserving individual functioning and autonomy.
o The provision of specific information about health, welfare, education and recreation services available to serve the older client.
o Screening of client eligibility, application for, and advocacy in securing benefits and entitlements.
o The arrangement for direct provision of services such as transportation, homecare services, meals on wheels, public assistance, Medicare, Medicaid, emergency cash relief, legal aid, protective services, vocational placement, medical and psychiatric examination and therapy, housing, etc.
o Evaluation of clients' capacity to manage their own affairs and protect themselves from financial exploitation. Assistance in securing needed and legitimate financial management or guardianship arrangements. Disbursement of monies as issued through JASA relief funds or client financial management services, to secure needed goods and services for older clients.
o Referral to, and cooperative relationships with other community agencies, to meet the needs of clients.
· Ongoing reassessment of client need, monitoring of service efficacy, and appropriate revision of the case plan.
· Informing supervisor of situations of crisis or circumstances where the worker requires further guidance.
· Conducts group counseling, community education and caregiver support groups.
· Supervises BA-level social work staff, community aides, Title V workers, homemakers, home health aides, interns and volunteers.
· Represents and interprets the agency at community conferences and meetings.
· Participates in training and unit meetings.
· Completes required case records, reports and statistics, utilizing computers, if so required.
· Performs of such other duties as assigned.
˜ Graduate of an Accredited College or University with a Master of Social Work or equivalent Master's-level degree in counseling, gerontology, psychology or related field.
˜ New York State Certification in Social Work preferred. LMSW Required
˜ Good writing/record keeping skills.
˜ Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software.
˜ Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
˜ Ability to travel to clients' homes using mass transit, and to negotiate any steps and barriers in clients' residences.
˜ Knowledge of Yiddish/Russian/Spanish/Patois/Mandarin may be helpful.
˜ An understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values have as they relate to serving clients and families.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
Greenhouse Production Worker II
We are a tier 3 Cannabis Operation located in Liberty Lake at Stateline.
We are currently looking to hire 2-3 energetic, enthusiastic and honest people to join our team.
Jobs include but not limited to:
You must be at least 21 years of age to apply.
You must have reliable transportation.
You must be available full time Monday through Friday.
Previous experience is a PLUS!
Maintenance Worker II
The Maintenance Worker II (emphaiss on Plumbing & Mechanical) performs routine maintenance duties throughout the facilities assigned. While this role may work with journeyman electricians, plumbers, HVAC techs, and/or mechanics, the duties of this role do not require journeyman skill sets and/or certifications. Maintenance Worker II’s are also responsible to complete assigned safety checks and adhere to all safety regulations and practices.
Shift: This is a 2nd Shift position.
Maintaining Facility Equipment and Systems – 90%
- Assists with testing, inspection, implementation and maintenance of equipment, systems and structures.
- Performs assigned preventative maintenance on equipment (i.e., compressors, vac pumps, exhaust fans, air handlers, vents, fan coil units, water coolers, refrigerators, ice machines, etc.) in accordance with manufacturer specifications.
- Performs minor repairs and replacements, including replacing light bulbs and fire extinguishers, as requested/necessary.
- Receives and distributes materials throughout the facility.
- Performs the moving of items within/between locations and from/to storage, including furniture, equipment, and files.
- May perform daily rounds to provide service, repair and maintenance on transport equipment, wheel chairs, TVs, nurse call systems, medical gas outlets, alarm panels and zone valve locations and other equipment as assigned.
- May repair or replace faulty or damaged mechanical, electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, and boiler equipment. Repairs leaking connections, fittings, couplings and fixtures, faucets, washers, seats, stems and valves; replaces spigots, faucets and valves; unstops obstructed plumbing lines and fixtures.
- May repair overhead paging systems; consults with customers on the operation and repair of non-life support patient equipment.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Performs safety checks to comply with regulatory codes.
Special Projects – 10%
- Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars, as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Possesses skills in a related trade (carpenter, electrical, HVAC, plumbing) preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in general building maintenance required. Specific experience/skills in a related trade (carpenter, electrical, HVAC, plumbing) preferred.
- Currently enrolled in or graduated from trade school or equivalent experience (carpenter, electrical, HVAC, plumbing) preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Within the scope of the job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
Software Powered by iCIMS
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!