Host Hostess Restaurant Job Description Sample
Technical Specifications Specialist I
Job Overview: This position is responsible for managing and editing ingredient and formula specifications and data synchronization of specifications to customers (corporate policies, procedures, and forms) relative to Corporate Commercialization function.
The employee will also oversee all special projects as assigned; responsibilities include daily oversight of data synchronization publication reports and CIC message resolution from customers; familiarity with finished product quality and Food Safety Systems; interacting with customers and their agents; investigation/response to quality related customer complaints. This position in Quality will be working across multiple departments that produce a variety of Hostess and SOM products. The candidate will interface regularly as a resource and quality point of contact with cross-functional teams including but not limited to R&D, Plant Quality, Procurement, Operations, and Marketing.
Key Functions and Accountabilities: In addition to following Hostess's policies and procedures, principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Supports product developers and project managers within SharePoint in creating, writing and managing all specifications.
Ensures completion and compliance of technical R&D documents for new products and processes (raw materials and finished product specifications etc.). Supports timely release of accurate product specification documents to manufacturing. Documentation accuracy is vital to success of role; errors can lead to delays in shipments, re-work costs to the business, and damage to external customer relationships. Supports maintenance of the specification database, ensures relevance and up-to-date of all specifications, from RM to FP.
Ensures that all labels and packaging comply with USDA and FDA regulations. Assists with coordinating information to fill in commercial documents from retailers. Supports the coordination for timely approvals of labels and promotional materials with Legal, outside counsel (as needed), Marketing, and Packaging. Supports the minor and major 1World Synchronization annual releases to ensure HB remains current with Global Data Synchronization (GDSN) standards Perform data sync activities in order to maintain compliance with GS1 standards, including the 1WorldSync data synchronization process, IM Web Portal, GDSN end-to-end messaging process, and the automated syncing of material items via machine to machine using XML messages; provides guidance as needed to cross functional support groups Maintains the master data sync spreadsheet used for communicating statuses, tracking, and providing visibility to open items, displays, and any changes to material attributes that need synced with our customers Assures materials are received and documented from approved suppliers Prepares various reports and metrics upon request
Skills and Experience: 0-3 year's experience in the food industry Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required. Excellent communication and cross-functional teamwork skills are a must.
Strong attention to detail with a technical mindset – accuracy of project completion and application of product knowledge is imperative to success Able to maintain work area neat and organized. Good leadership, ability to drive results. Structured thinker who can layout clear action plans and drive implementation Good time management and multitasking skills Ability and willingness to take action Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills Willingness to accept 5% travel Education:
This position requires a BS in Science or Technology (e.g., Biology, Food Science, Chemistry, etc.) or a BS in Engineering (e.g., Chemical, Food, etc.). We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, and encourage minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. SDL2017
We are seeking a friendly, energetic and organized host or hostess to join our restaurant team! The host or hostess is the first person to interact with patrons, it is imperative that the host is friendly, personable, informative and professional.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet patrons, and if needed, confirm reservations, take reservations, and track occupancy chart for space
- Answers phone calls and gives basic information on reservations, availability, restaurant hours and services
- Keep track of the waiting list and open tables
- Assign tables to guests depending on party size, waiter/waitress availability
- Accurately quote wait times to patrons
- Alert and call guests to host stand when the table is bussed and cleaned
- Escort guests to table and present food and drink menus
- Answer patron questions regarding menu items; recommend or suggest items as needed
- Observe and assists in preparing unoccupied tables for customers by wiping surface top, removing debris, and ensure seats are
- Assist with waitstaff side work and opening and closing duties
- Take orders over the phone and pack prepared take-out orders
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent; or relevant work experience
- Willing to work nights and weekends
- Physically able to wipe down table tops, chairs, and booths; able to pick up debris from floor; able to carry 25 or more pounds; able to push vacuum or mop
- Physically able to stand and move during the length of shift; able to bend and kneel through shift
- Must pass background check
- Friendly “people-person”; polite and courteous to all patrons
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
- Eager to learn and grow with restaurant
Restaurant Hostess / Host
Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned dining area; present menus; announce waiter's name
Use visual cues to seat Guests in either the bar or dining area depending on their preference
Answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service
Manage the flow of Guests into the Dining and Bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate
Observant to Guests’ needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service (i.e. notice a drink refill is needed while seating another Guest and ensuring the drink is refilled prior to getting back to the door).
Help dining room staff by setting and clearing tables; replenishing water; serving beverages
Issue dining charges by verifying orders; calculating taxes; totaling bill for to-go orders
Receive payments by validating credit charges; approving checks; accepting currency; calculating and issuing change for ToGo orders
Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Must be able to read menus
Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
Must be able to clearly communicate Guests’ needs to W/Ws, Bussers, Managers, etc.
Must be able to walk and stand during entire shift
Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Guests
Must be able to understand requests for assistance
A desire to help out where needed and work as part of a team
Passion for providing extraordinary service
The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
6 months experience in a full-service restaurant preferred
Must be upbeat, outgoing and positive
Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment
Ability to effectively communicate on the telephone.
Host / Hostess
Looking for Host/Hostess who has a passion for the hospitality industry.
- Competitive Starting Wage
- Fun and Friendly Upscale-Casual Restaurant Environment
- "Staff First" Management Style with a Supportive Team Mentality
- Flexible Scheduling Options - Part Time and Full Time Available
- Advancement Opportunities for Career-Minded Professionals
- Employee Discount on Food
The Host/Hostess understands the success of a guest dining experience starts with their first impression of the host desk. That can manage the seating and flow of the restaurant and have a friendly, welcoming upbeat attitude.
- Create a vibrate and hospitable work environment
- Welcome and greet all guests
- Answer all phone calls and receive reservations, questions and Take-Out orders
- Seat guests and manager our floor plan
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Optimism, Intelligence, Work Ethic, Empathy/Compassion, Self-Awareness, Integrity
For immediate consideration, please Apply Now to be contacted.
Joe Fish Seafood offers traditional New England seafood prepared in new and exciting ways. Serving only 'Top of the Catch' seafood with the highest standard of quality and freshness.
The Loft Restaurant is another concept under the Joe Fish brand. The Loft offers steaks, chops and crafted food. We serve many local beers and have rotating taps bringing in new and exciting beer options. We bring in live music and create an unique and relaxed environment paired with exceptional service and food.
Dos Lobos is our newest concept. It is an American Taqueria and Tequila Bar. We serve over 100 tequilas and specialize in tacos featuring flavors from across the Americas.
Hostess - Host
Upscale, Midtown Italian Restaurant would like to integrate a young, energetic, presentable and reliable Host/Hostess as part of its professional team. Must be proficient in English, a second language such as Italian or Spanish would be a plus, flexible to work nights and holidays. Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills, Good sense of Hospitality, MINIMUM 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED in the Food/Hospitality field with the use of the reservation system OPENTABLE. General Restaurant Administration a Plus.
Guest Service Manager- Hotel Experience Required
Vista Host, with more than 30 properties nationwide, is seeking a Guest Service Manager for the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry located in Cranberry, Pennsylvania. This dynamic, fast-paced Hilton Garden Inn has over 2,000 square feet of banquet space and hosts a lovely 55-seat restaurant and bar, The Great American Grille. The Hilton Garden Inn is an upscale full-service hotel, located in the vibrant Cranberry market.
The Guest Service Manager is a multi-dimensional role that requires performing multiple job duties, often simultaneously. The Guest Service Manager coordinates front desk activities and ensures complete satisfaction of all guests. Additional responsibilities include: manage reservations and room assignments, oversee and assist with breakfast operations and respond to guest requests, inquiries and escalations.
· 1-2 years of hotel experience, leadership experience preferred
· Exposure to all areas of hotel operations with an emphasis on rooms
· Must have strong management and leadership capabilities
· Hands-on, outgoing personality with excellent people skills
· Proven ability to train, motivate, and lead a team
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At Vista Host, we pride ourselves in achieving superior results in operating hotels from our ability to blend the science of hotel management with the art of hospitality. We are looking for candidates who would thrive in an environment that is fast-paced and hands-on. If you are looking to join a team that provides superior service to its customers, while gaining unprecedented opportunities, then this is the position for you. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a progressive management company, offering a competitive salary plus bonus and benefits.
Please apply online at www.myhospitalitycareer.net
For questions regarding this position or the application process, please contact Mary Dixon, Vista Host National Director of Talent Acquisition and Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Vista Host and take a virtual tour of our properties, visit our website at http://www.vistahost.com
For all levels of management, we offer strong incentives to cultivate commitment and performance. Our General Manager bonus plans, for example, allow participants to earn up to 80% of their salary based on unit operating results and guest satisfaction scores. We believe that rewarding for performance strengthens the overall financial position of everyone involved from the General Manager to the ownership group. Associates have complete and unparalleled access to the Vista Host Support Office team, ensuring that your full potential may be realized and rewarded.
We are looking for a PART time hostess that is a hard worker, can multi task at a very fast pace and is great at keeping a smiling face in any scenario. This is a fun, yet tasking job! It's a three to four shift schedule including weekends. We recommend that this is NOT a first time job. Our requirements are:....................
1. Must be within a 20 minute commute to our establishment 39091 Garfield rd. Clinton twp, 48038
2. Proper "business" dress attire.
3. Restaurant experience is a plus! ( Mcdonalds, Burger King, etc does not qualify)
4. flexible hours are a plus
Part time mature Hostess needed for upscale Italian restaurant to work evening shifts. Closed Sundays.
RECEIVE UP TO $500 SIGNING BONUS!
Starting pay is $9.25/HR and increase to $16/HR after training is complete
Must have at least 1 year of Hostess experience.
Must be located on Oahu
*Great chance to meet new people, work for an awesome company and spread some Aloha*
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Keep respective areas clean throughout the shift
- Provide additional support as requested
- Assist all other team members as needed
- Create and maintain a sense of urgency
- Appear in uniform for all shifts and promotional activities at scheduled time
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Assist with loading|unloading of miscellaneous equipment, such as boxes, food and beverage products
- Assist with the movement of tables|chairs through restaurant as needed and dictated by
service and management direction
- Working knowledge of product identification
- Assist in set up, service, and break down of areas as assigned
- Responsible for maintaining the workstation in a neat and orderly fashion
- Check tables, chairs, and countertops for cleanliness
- Clean spills, debris, or broken glass according to guidelines of company and departmental policy|procedures
- Inform a manager and or server if guests have any issues when food is delivered
- Inform management of any complaints, comments or incidents
- Ability to create and maintain service rapport through the SKY Waikiki corporate philosophy
As the only rooftop restaurant, lounge, and nightclub in Hawaii, SKY Waikiki guarantees you a one-of-a-kind experience overlooking Diamond Head and the glittering Honolulu city lights.
Restaurant Hostess - OT Experience Mandatory
Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival.
Graciously answer phone calls and make reservations using our Open Table platform.
When possible, open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant.
When immediate seating is limited, record guest names and number of people in party and Provide guests with estimated waiting time.
Call out name and number of party when tables become available.
Adjust Open Table platform with the status of each table.
Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
Seat guest guests based on guest preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations.
Upon seating, offer guests a menu and inform them of their server’s name. Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness.
Relay messages to servers and bus persons as needed.
Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!