Hot Die Press Operator Job Description Sample
Hot Press Operator
- Hot Press Operator* 2nd Shift: 3:30 pm-12:00 am; Monday -FridayBusiness Description: Output Solutions at Fiserv delivers business-critical communications to financial institutions, health and property/casualty insurance providers, billers, retailers, travel and entertainment companies and advertising agencies nationwide. With solutions including transactional document production and delivery, card manufacturing and personalization and direct marketing services, we help our clients streamline operations to contain costs, while building customer loyalty and generating incremental revenue. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: 1.
Perform basic and detailed machining and assembly tasks to operate at least one machine and/or perform many manual / assembly duties. 2. Perform repetitious and previously performed work without supervisory and technical assistance. Assistance may be needed for other work. 3.
Multi-tasking that requires focused concentration is expected to be learned – must be willing to cross train. 4. Utilizes basic skills and experience background to perform machining and manual tasks. 5. Process transactions necessary for work situations that requires very good working PC user know-how. 6.
Improvising sometimes is necessary to solve work problems to maintain work schedules. 7. As necessary, supervisor may assign to assist and help others with work. 8. Work from verbal or written instructions, work specifications, routing sheets, etc.; uses basic math ---- all in English. 9.
Perform minor maintenance and work with others to provide assistance with major maintenance projects when assigned. 10. May utilize and/or operate material moving equipment, carts, etc. and use some production tools including hand tools and precision devices. 11. When assigned perform duties and tasks outside department and job to the best of individual skill and ability. 12.
Work overtime, weekends, and holidays as work schedules require. In peak periods additional overtime is required. 13. Comply with general work rules -- responsible for quality of own work, housekeeping of own work area, and to work safely. Physical
Work requires incumbent to be mobile and in a standing / walking position with ability to lift up to 50 lbs regularly.
Uses hands to handle, finger, or feel objects and to perform keyboarding. Also uses hands and arms to reach and grab objects. Sometimes it is necessary to crouch or kneel.
Successful performance requires good vision abilities including close vision. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:Education and Experience: Generally high school vocational orientated background or related education is preferred, and typically, 3 months to 3 years of fast pace, high volume production experience or similar background or equivalent combination of education and experience is needed to successfully perform job requirements. Time classified in the specific job classifications does not automatically qualify an individual. In addition to the time guidelines, an individual must meet all other job requirements and a company approved job opening must exist.
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet. Visit http://www.careers.fiserv.com/eeo for more information.
Panels: HOT Press Operator
PANELS: HOT PRESS OPERATOR
1st = 6:30 AM to 2:45 PM
2nd = 2:30 PM to 10:45 PM
3rd = 10:30 PM to 6:45 AM
Perform operations such as laminating, routing, and assembly of components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform preparation work on assemblies and products including routing, drilling, installing insert and fasteners.
2. Prepare skins and core according to PQR
3. Read and interrupt technical drawings and schedules
4. Perform testing on adhesive
5. Load and unload panels from press
6. Inspect and prepare press platens for next operation
7. Inspect finished product for appearance, alignment and bonding
8. Fill out shipment information forms
9. Fill out and attach shipping labels
10. Complete necessary paperwork, maintain detailed notes and fill out all logs.
11. Assist other production areas as necessary.
12. Read work orders and follow instructions
13. Frequently ask production area if they need help
14. Provide the customer with the best value including Cost, Quality, and Delivery by being efficient, productive, and careful
15. Participate in improving our product, processes, equipment and methods
16. Handle internal and external questions in a prompt professional manner
17. Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times
18. Continually look for ways to improve job efficiency and performance
19. Perform all reasonably related duties as assigned.
GENERAL EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
One to three months.
General Educational Development:
A level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of high school in order to prepare records and reports, perform calculations, and deal effectively with others.
INDEPENDENT JUDGEMENT AND INITIATIVE:
Independent judgment is minimal. The employee works according to specific procedures or methods but must select proper material, make minor adjustments or changes to equipment or tools utilized, and the like. Supervision available to handle unusual situations.
To apply for this position submit your resume or call (616) 929 - 0163 to speak to a recruiter, stop in and apply @ 7900 Logistics Dr Suite D, Zeeland MI 49464
Die Cut Press Operator - 3Rd Shift
Navitor Folders is looking for hardworking and motivated individuals to join our production team as a Die Cut Press Operator. We offer a great teamwork environment, development/growth opportunities, competitive pay, paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, 401K, short term disability and employee incentive program.
As a Die Cut Press Operator, you will be responsible to set up, adjust and operator the die cutting equipment to produce a quality finished product that meets our customer’s specifications and quality standards. Key Responsibilities • Customize the mechanics on the equipment to coordinate with the customer's order specifications. • Monitor machine during operation to ensure effective production. Troubleshoot mechanical issues.
Make adjustments and corrections to meet production and quality standards. • Review product to ensure exceptional quality. • Keep Supervisor informed of any concerns or issues that would compromise quality, schedules or safety. • Perform work to meet production standards, schedules and deadlines. Available Shift •10:30 pm to 7:00 am Sunday to Thursday, Friday as needed. • This position is eligible for shift differential compensation Required Skills • High Mechanical aptitude • Basic math skills • Demonstrated ability to utilize computer for order processing • Ability to distinguish colors • Must be able to stand for an entire shift • Ability to lift up to 30-40 pounds on a consistent basis Education • Minimum six months to one year of experience in a related environment preferred. • High school education or equivalent required
Press Operator / Tool & Die / Assembler
Manufacturer of electronic connectors is seeking operators for metal stamping presses, tool & die makers and assembly operators with a mechanical background. Computer literacy preferred. Must be able to follow work-order instructions. Competitive pay and benefit package.
Since its inception in 1919 Zierick Manufacturing Corporation has been a valued supplier of standard and custom engineered stamped, metal products to end users in the electrical and electronic industries. End users for our products typically fit into a classification of being original equipment manufacturers (OEM). This type of manufacturing, termed electronic packaging and production, is considered a light industry and usually involves an end product based upon an electronic or electrical design, with the end product designed to meet requirements in industries such as appliance manufacturing, automotive electronics, communications, computers, consumer electronics, electronic components, industrial controls, medical electronics and office and business equipment.
Over the years the company’s products have developed into a broad range of interconnection hardware items, such as lugs, clips and splices, electronic and electrical wiring devices for printed circuit board interconnections and packaging, such as quick disconnect terminals, pins, posts, test points, IDC’s, sockets, solder lugs and screw terminals. In addition to our full line of terminals and connectors the company also offers a full range of automatic application equipment which is used by the end user to produce finished products.
The company maintains its headquarters, including manufacturing and design facilities, in New York’s Westchester County. The regional sales offices are located in Illinois and Ireland. The company plans to enjoy steady growth through new product introductions and sales of existing products that meet today’s demand for product performance, quality, reliability and delivery.
Die Cutting Press Operator
ANAGRAPHICA, INC. is looking for a Die Cutting Press Operator
- Setting up and performing steel rule die cutting
- Quality control functions and other duties as required
- Read and comprehend standard units of measurement
- Basic mathematical skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. non-repetitively
- Maintain good attendance
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Saturdays and overtime as required.
WAGE BASED ON PREVIOUS APPLICABLE EXPERIENCE
- Life and supplemental insurances
- Paid time off and paid holidays
Pre-employment drug testing required.
Check us out at www.anagraphica.com
Die Punch Press Set Up Operator
Operate and make required Set-ups on presses performing a limited variety of component operations, setting dies, adjusting stroke, attaching and adjusting safety equipment, working with parts similar in nature, but varying in size or detail. Obtain first piece inspection release, check work during run for dimensions, burrs, cracking or buckling, and visually inspect components for obvious damage or defects before swaging.
Work from drawings, shop orders, samples, use a limited variety of measuring equipment. Occasionally-instruct operator as to special job conditions or safety precautions. Notify supervisor regarding the necessity of reconditioning, difficulties with parts or tooling, and malfunction of equipment. Move material, parts, or containers, using hand truck, segregate and remove scraps.
· Must have a minimum of 2 years of punch press set-up experience.
· Know how to program Smartpac.
· Operate and Setup 150, 200 and 300 ton press.
· Use of measuring instruments. Scales, veneer calipers, indicators, and height gages.
· Adjust fixtures to bring parts to spec with the use of hand tools, drive pin punches, and hex wrenches.
Follow the prescribed safety practice, including the use of all safety equipment furnished.
For over 20 years SUREStaff has provided excellent service to a wide array of organizations.
If you have experience in warehouse environments, distribution centers, and other similar work places, call our office and apply.
Refer a friend too! Thank you!
Progressive Die Repair & Stamp Press Operator
Progressive Die Repair
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Perform preventative maintenance, general maintenance on tooling, die setups as well as perform coil changes
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform coil changes
Maintain full service records
Cleaning and deslugging tooling after production runs
Record spare tooling needs on LHS Material/Tool Order sheet
Adhere to the company policies
Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following safety rules/guidelines, standards and procedures.
Stamp Press Operator
Operates machine to emboss and imprint designs, lettering, numbers, or product information onto surfaces of material, such as paper, cloth, leather, or plastic, using foil, gold-leaf, coated ribbon, or plastic tape, following specifications: Receives verbal instructions, reads work order sheet, or inserts disk in drive of computer and depresses keys to retrieve job order slip with printing instructions on computer screen.
Sets heat, pressure, and time controls, according to material to be stamped.
Installs and locks character wheel, embossing die, or stamping die in heated chase of machine.
We understand that you are unique we never try to fit you into a cookie-cutter staffing solution, or a job that doesn't suit you.
And if you are looking for your next great job opportunity, you've come to the right place. We have industry-leading staffing agencies in Detroit, MI, Fort Wayne, IN, Port Huron MI and beyond. We work with top manufacturers in southeast Michigan and northern Indiana...and have the resources to find you just the right job.
Die Setter - Press Setup Operator
Die Setter | Press Setup Operator
Cleveland, OH 44113
$14-16 / hour
· Perform duties required to setup and operate a variety of single hit and progressive dies.
· Work from drawings, route sheets, schedules, written, and verbal instructions.
· Use micro meters, calipers, scales, and fixed gauges to check work in process and ensure adherence to specifications.
· 3-5 years Press Set-up/Operating Experience strongly preferred; or strong background in press operation
· Strong troubleshooting skills necessary, with the ability to make informed decisions.
· Heavy lifting required (50 plus lbs).
Hunter International Recruiting is certified as a women’s business enterprise through the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the nation’s largest third party certifier of businesses owned and operated by women in the US. We recognize the commitment to supplier diversity that is embraced by corporations and government agencies today, and we can add diversity to your supply chain.
Follow us on Twitter: @hirecruiting
Like us on Facebook: Hunter International
Follow us on Instagram: @hunterinternational
Die Setter | Press Setup Operator
Pay Rate- $15-18/hour
- Perform duties required to setup and operate 3 or more automatic and/or multi-slide presses simultaneously for a variety of stamping products.
- Work from drawings, route sheets, schedules, written, and verbal instructions.
- Inspect material for correct size and type, load coils, and adjust material rollers.
- Set-up complicated progressive dies, movable and stationary forming blocks, adjust stroke and feed as needed.
- Use micro meters, calipers, scales, and fixed gauges to check work in process and ensure adherence to specifications.
- 3-5 years Press Set-up/Operating Experience; or 1-3 years experience in a die setter role.
- Minimum 3 years experience with progressive, transfer, and single-hit dies, roll/air feeds, and presses up to 2,000 Tons
- Strong troubleshooting skills necessary, with the ability to make informed decisions.
- Heavy lifting required (50 plus lbs).
- Lift truck/Forklift experience required.
Press Operator/ Die Setter
Start 2018 with a new job at Adtech! Great Opportunity
Adtech commenced operations as an Texas corporation in1996. Since then we have grown into a global company with locations in 2 states and international operations in Mexico and China. We are a world class supplier of metal stampings, value added assemblies, tubular products and contracted dies . As we continue to grow, our Company’s two priorities are the safety and welfare of all of the associates and the quality of the Company’s products.
We look for candidates that have longevity and loyalty to their past employers. Candidates that have served at least 3 years with their past employers proves that the candidate is capable of working in one job for a period of time.
We are seeking a skilled_Progressive Die Set up / Senior Process Tech / Process Tech
PRIMARY FUNCTION : Responsible production aspects in stamping department
SECONDARY FUNCTION : Perform Production Associate – Stamping duties.
- Responsible for coordination of set up and tear down of presses.
- Organize pre-staging of dies, and materials according to the set up procedures
- Work in conjunction with engineering and production staff to organize and improve set-up procedures, equipment and die safety techniques.
- Maintain, organize and inventory pressroom equipment, tools and materials, to ensure that everything has a place and that when not in use they are in there appropriate storage positions, i.e. conveyor chutes are in place.
- Conduct minor press / equipment repairs as needed.
- Troubleshoot problem set-ups and assist associates when problems arise.
- Instruct/train all press associates in the proper operation of all equipment.
- Monitor production including; down time, press schedule and preventative maintenance
- Update end of run sheets (set up section) with any improvements that need to be investigated and/or made to tooling and/or die protection systems.
- Communicate necessary information to counterpart on other shift.
- Attend operation performance meetings when required
- Maintain clean area and help others maintain clean area.
- Maintain safe work area; wear proper personal protective equipment.
- Adhere to all safety requirements including; HMIS, Lock out Tag out, Bloodborne pathogen, Personal Protective Equipment, Guarding and any other safety requirement.
- Actively promote and participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Supervise the selection key while performing set up.
- Make tow motor operator aware of materials needed for production.
- Maintain required quality control throughout shift.
- Follow all applicable TS16949 policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Generally, perform all other duties as required.
Education / Experience /Training
High school education or equivalent
8 years experience with presses and related equipment
8 years experience with progressive dies
Computer and Supervision experience helpful
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Set up: 8 years
- progressive dies: 8 years
- Press Operator: 8 years
We look for candidates that have longevity and loyalty to their past employers. Candidates that have served at least 3 years with their past employers proves that the candidate is capable of working in one job for a period of time. Dedication is valued at ATD and all candidates are considered based on this value.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!