Hot Plate Plywood Press Operator Job Description Sample
Hot Press Operator
- Hot Press Operator* Shift Information: 2nd Shift, 3:30 pm-12:00 amBusiness Description: Output Solutions at Fiserv delivers business-critical communications to financial institutions, health and property/casualty insurance providers, billers, retailers, travel and entertainment companies and advertising agencies nationwide. With solutions including transactional document production and delivery, card manufacturing and personalization and direct marketing services, we help our clients streamline operations to contain costs, while building customer loyalty and generating incremental revenue. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: 1.
Perform basic and detailed machining and assembly tasks to operate at least one machine and/or perform many manual / assembly duties. 2. Perform repetitious and previously performed work without supervisory and technical assistance. Assistance may be needed for other work. 3.
Multi-tasking that requires focused concentration is expected to be learned – must be willing to cross train. 4. Utilizes basic skills and experience background to perform machining and manual tasks. 5. Process transactions necessary for work situations that requires very good working PC user know-how. 6.
Improvising sometimes is necessary to solve work problems to maintain work schedules. 7. As necessary, supervisor may assign to assist and help others with work. 8. Work from verbal or written instructions, work specifications, routing sheets, etc.; uses basic math ---- all in English. 9.
Perform minor maintenance and work with others to provide assistance with major maintenance projects when assigned. 10. May utilize and/or operate material moving equipment, carts, etc. and use some production tools including hand tools and precision devices. 11. When assigned perform duties and tasks outside department and job to the best of individual skill and ability. 12.
Work overtime, weekends, and holidays as work schedules require. In peak periods additional overtime is required. 13. Comply with general work rules -- responsible for quality of own work, housekeeping of own work area, and to work safely. Physical
Work requires incumbent to be mobile and in a standing / walking position with ability to lift up to 50 lbs regularly.
Uses hands to handle, finger, or feel objects and to perform keyboarding. Also uses hands and arms to reach and grab objects. Sometimes it is necessary to crouch or kneel.
Successful performance requires good vision abilities including close vision. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:Education and Experience: Generally high school vocational orientated background or related education is preferred, and typically, 3 months to 3 years of fast pace, high volume production experience or similar background or equivalent combination of education and experience is needed to successfully perform job requirements. Time classified in the specific job classifications does not automatically qualify an individual. In addition to the time guidelines, an individual must meet all other job requirements and a company approved job opening must exist.
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet. Visit http://www.careers.fiserv.com/eeo for more information.
Panels: HOT Press Operator
PANELS: HOT PRESS OPERATOR
1st = 6:30 AM to 2:45 PM
2nd = 2:30 PM to 10:45 PM
3rd = 10:30 PM to 6:45 AM
Perform operations such as laminating, routing, and assembly of components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform preparation work on assemblies and products including routing, drilling, installing insert and fasteners.
2. Prepare skins and core according to PQR
3. Read and interrupt technical drawings and schedules
4. Perform testing on adhesive
5. Load and unload panels from press
6. Inspect and prepare press platens for next operation
7. Inspect finished product for appearance, alignment and bonding
8. Fill out shipment information forms
9. Fill out and attach shipping labels
10. Complete necessary paperwork, maintain detailed notes and fill out all logs.
11. Assist other production areas as necessary.
12. Read work orders and follow instructions
13. Frequently ask production area if they need help
14. Provide the customer with the best value including Cost, Quality, and Delivery by being efficient, productive, and careful
15. Participate in improving our product, processes, equipment and methods
16. Handle internal and external questions in a prompt professional manner
17. Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times
18. Continually look for ways to improve job efficiency and performance
19. Perform all reasonably related duties as assigned.
GENERAL EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
One to three months.
General Educational Development:
A level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of high school in order to prepare records and reports, perform calculations, and deal effectively with others.
INDEPENDENT JUDGEMENT AND INITIATIVE:
Independent judgment is minimal. The employee works according to specific procedures or methods but must select proper material, make minor adjustments or changes to equipment or tools utilized, and the like. Supervision available to handle unusual situations.
To apply for this position submit your resume or call (616) 929 - 0163 to speak to a recruiter, stop in and apply @ 7900 Logistics Dr Suite D, Zeeland MI 49464
Machine Operator, Plate Freezer Operator
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.Essential Job Functions:Ability to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for position
Ability to read, write, communicate, and comprehend written instructions in EnglishAbility to move up to 40 lbs
Good communication skills
Excellent attention to detail
Job Duties:Obtain daily schedule and supplies needed for production
Complete required paperwork in English in a timely manner (e.g., centerline, CI inspections, minor stop tracking, etc.)Perform safety check on equipment being used to ensure it is function properly
Monitor and maintain effective and efficient operation of packing equipment
Ensure proper cases of carton blanks and glue chips are staged
Fill carton magazine with stacks of carton blanks as necessary
Verify carton codes to ensure accuracy
Clear minor jams, reset and start equipment as needed
Fill glue dispensers and label printers as required
Ensure cartons are sealed tightly
Ensure good housekeeping (e.g., sweeping, mopping, etc.)Participate in PM, drumbeat, and AM activities as assigned
May perform general labor duties as assigned
May perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:Ability to read carton codes in EnglishAbility to understand the affects of product damage and loss
Ability to solve problems independently
Ability to work individually as well as with others as a team at all levels
Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Ability to work and handle frozen product
Ability to perform basic computer operations
Knowledge of GMP's and allergens
Ability to be LOTO certified/confined space trained
Knowledge of 5s principles
Knowledge of chemical awareness MSDSAbility to work with pork, chicken, beef and shellfish products in addition to many other ingredients and allergens
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred.Experience: Minimum 3 months production or related experience required.Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Plate Roller Operator
Plate Roller Operator
The Orizon Division of Spitzer Industries, Inc. provides high-quality fabricated structural steel for the petro-chemicals, refining, power generation, exploration and production, and offshore industries.
We also offer precision mooring and dock fabrication, as well as skid units for gas compression, fire, water, electric generation, and chemical processing.
Position: Hourly Non-Exempt
Summary of Duties
Produce quality parts from metal using a plate roll. Review blue prints and be familiar with finished product. Adjusting machine accordingly to ensure the machine is working at full capacity. Inspection of finished product required to ensure quality meets or exceeds expectations.
This position will have the following general/minimum responsibilities:
- Operate equipment with minimal supervision.
- Measure material height, depth, and thickness using measuring tapes, gauges, or other measuring instruments.
- Measure and cut materials to predetermined lengths.
- Off-load materials and note piece marks.
- Identify member sizes of materials.
- Maintain material control.
- Provide written documentation on cut lists.
- Utilization of the Steel Tracking System (STS).
- Machine maintenance including preventative maintenance weekly and monthly.
- Transfer heat numbers on cut material as required.
- Practices good housekeeping skills and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies.
- Understand and follow safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following education, experience and knowledge are preferred for this position:
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of plate roll experience.
- Familiarity with metals and measuring instruments.
- Able to identify material shapes, grades, and thicknesses.
- Able to interpret prints and read dimensional drawings.
- Basic computer skills to navigate in Windows.
- Machine operations (Plate Roller) - Turning on, manual movement, and powering down.
- Able to provide machine diagnostics and troubleshooting including online assists, perimeter changes, and basic programming.
- Able to operate multiple machines with similar software.
- Must have verbal skills with fluency for the responsibilities assigned.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Exposure to possible shop hazards including but not limited to welding fumes, heat, flash burns, skin burns, high noise level and eye injuries from welding arc and grinders. Spends 100% of time in shop.
- Standing 80% of the time, walking, climbing, bending, stooping, and heavy lifting, pushing and pulling.
Applicants must be able to work overtime including weekends as needed with or without notice. Overtime is not guaranteed and is based on production needs.
Eligibility requirements apply and are based on time with the company.
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance and Voluntary Life
- Accrued Vacation
Position requires 2-3 years of Plate Roller Operator Experience.
Please submit all resumes to Human Resourcesor apply in person at:
7007 FM 362
Brookshire, TX 77423
Spitzer Industries, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities and does not base employment decisions on a job applicant's or an employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Houston-based Spitzer Industries delivers a broad range of steel fabrication of individual process skids, assembled modules and combined solutions for energy industry customers.
We are a leading custom steel fabricator providing engineered packages, heavy vessels, columns and towers, and structural steel to the production, midstream, subsea and petrochemical sectors. With multiple fabricating disciplines and an experienced workforce, we deliver high-quality, custom-designed products safely and on schedule.
Machine Operator, Plate Freezer Operator 2Nd Shift
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for position
- Ability to read, write, communicate, and comprehend written instructions in English
- Ability to move up to 40 lbs
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Obtain daily schedule and supplies needed for production
- Complete required paperwork in English in a timely manner (e.g., centerline, CI inspections, minor stop tracking, etc.)
- Perform safety check on equipment being used to ensure it is function properly
- Monitor and maintain effective and efficient operation of packing equipment
- Ensure proper cases of carton blanks and glue chips are staged
- Fill carton magazine with stacks of carton blanks as necessary
- Verify carton codes to ensure accuracy
- Clear minor jams, reset and start equipment as needed
- Fill glue dispensers and label printers as required
- Ensure cartons are sealed tightly
- Ensure good housekeeping (e.g., sweeping, mopping, etc.)
- Participate in PM, drumbeat, and AM activities as assigned
- May perform general labor duties as assigned
- May perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to read carton codes in English
- Ability to understand the affects of product damage and loss
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to work individually as well as with others as a team at all levels
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work and handle frozen product
- Ability to perform basic computer operations
- Knowledge of GMPs and allergens
- Ability to be LOTO certified/confined space trained
- Knowledge of 5s principles
- Knowledge of chemical awareness MSDS
- Ability to work with pork, chicken, beef and shellfish products in addition to many other ingredients and allergens
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred.
Experience: Minimum 3 months production or related experience required.
Conagra Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Plate Roll Operator
Must have a strong work ethic with a positive attitude
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
Must have reliable transportation to and from work
Must be able to meet the physical demands of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation
Must be willing to learn and strictly follow all company safety procedures
Must be a dependable person, since you will be an important part of our team Must pass hair follicle drug screen. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Benefits are available and there is opportunity for advancement. Salary: Depends upon experience, and will be discussed during interview. No Phone Calls Please Interested in this job? Click "Show me how to apply" then click "Save this Job to my Interested List". Your name will then be placed on the employer's contact referral list. Make sure to follow JOB POSTING CONTACT INFORMATION instructions.
Off-Set Operator / Plate Maker
Job Purpose: Produces printed materials by studying specifications; setting-up, operating, and maintaining printing equipment; maintaining supplies inventory.
Duties: Prepares printing jobs by reviewing work orders; studying specifications; assembling required materials. Prepares presses by assessing requirements for offset printing. Establishes quality by pulling proof copy; adjusting settings; inspecting production samples.
Maintains production and quality by monitoring output and quality; troubleshooting stoppages and breakdowns; adjusting settings and controls; correcting jams and tears. Shuts-down presses by cleaning equipment; returning supplies to stock. Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; calling for repairs;
Plate Roll Operator
Operate the plate roll machinery used in the production process. Prior experience rolling 3/8" thick plate. Types of plate include but are not limited to carbon and stainless steel, aluminum, titanium and other metals.
Salary is based on experience
Hot Press Operator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under general supervision, must exercise knowledge to perform a variety of job duties relating to the proficient set-up of Hot Press machines including but not limited to:
Perform set-up and operation of machines effectively and within specified time frames
Review routing requirements and determine adequate temperatures and tooling needed
Ability to troubleshoot and find resolutions
Provide information for Inspector evaluation and validation of quality
Utilization of AIC Job Clock System as needed
Assist and train new operators effectively
Adhere to all AIC company policies
Other duties as assigned In addition to the above, Operators are to maintain an organized, clean and safe work area using safety standards and expectations while adhering to all quality practices. Management may change responsibilities and/or assignments to meet the business needs without prior notice. AIC follows an At-Will Employment practice. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED, and certificate from a technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience. REQUIRED SKILLS:
Language: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to verbally communicate effectively.
Mathematical: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions provided in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
Ability to read and interpret router instructions and specifications.
Properly use calipers, micrometers and other gauge measuring tools.
Requisition ID: 174707.4
Plate Processing Operator
Alro Steel is currently seeking a Plate Laser Operator to join our team in Orlando, FL.
Join the Alro team and start building your tomorrow!
Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Alro offers rewarding and challenging career opportunities, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We work hard to provide our teammates with comprehensive on-the-job training for a multitude of business disciplines, so that they can maximize their career expectations.
Most importantly, employment at Alro is about being a part of something bigger. It's about being on a team that employs the highest levels of loyalty, honesty and integrity. It's about exceeding customer expectations on a daily basis by taking a true interest in their needs. An Alro career provides a dynamic work environment that allows our teammates to learn, grow and succeed in whatever they put their minds to, both personally and professionally.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- filling and preparing customer orders for shipment;
- operating heavy equipment including plate burning tables, forklifts, and overhead cranes;
- working afternoon or evening hours as needed, based upon shift assignment.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a previous work history that includes:
- previous experience in operations for a metal service center (preferred);
- two years of experience in operating plate processing equipment (preferred);
- excellent attendance;
- safe work habits;
- computer and keyboard skill development;
- a record of accurate order fulfillment.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Retirement Savings Plan
About the company:
Alro Steel Corporation supplies raw materials (carbon, stainless steel, aluminum and red metals) to a variety of manufacturing and other industries. Our customer base, ranging in size from small to very large users of metals, has come to depend on Alro's commitment to excellent delivery service.
Alro Steel, established in 1948, is a privately held corporation with over 60 facilities strategically located throughout the Midwest and Southeast.
Alro Steel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers a Drug-Free Environment and Opportunities for Advancement.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!