House Mover Job Description Sample
Mover / Driver / Customer Service
Do you want a position with a company that is fun?
Do you like to meet new people everyday, and provide them with an exceptional moving experience?
You Move Me is exactly for you if all of the answers are YES!
As a professional mover, you will work with our current veterans. They will teach you techniques that we use as a company to make your job easier, and allow it to look awesome in front of our cherished customers.
Movers will know how to prepare furniture and the house before the items are moved in the home.
You will also know how to safely maneuver items in customer residences.
Driver will understand the compliances of DOT in regards to logging and driving our company vehicles, and maintain great driving skills while transporting cherished possessions of our customers.
Crew leaders will learn our paper and paperless applications that is used in front of customers, and coordinate the appointment properly to make their move a success.
Non-back breaking schedules!
And Customer TIPS, Duh!
This is a great environment with awesome personalities! Do you have what it takes?
valid drivers license and clean driving record
Apply and schedule an Interview at your convenience!
At 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, our motto is “Want More, Work Happy.” We get it. You’re adventurous, driven and live happy. You want more than a job. You want to grow, develop and always be better. At 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, you’ll learn the ins and outs of a successful business, have fun and be given the autonomy and opportunities to drive your career and be great in your own way. We're a fun and fast-paced operation that helps people in our community get rid of unwanted items, responsibly. And, we do it like no one else with our professional, on-time service, clean shiny trucks and friendly uniformed team.
Full-Time & Part-Time Opportunities
CDL's NOT required
Shifts available including: weekday and/or weekends
We’re looking for happy, hardworking, physically fit and responsible individuals to join our Truck Teams. Here’s what you can expect as a Crew Member:
Your shift starts off at our centrally-located & easily accessible office.
You’ll be matched with your truck team crew & driver for the day and be out in one of our clean, shiny trucks visiting local residences and businesses to take away their unwanted items.
While out in the field with the crew, you’ll be meeting lots of people and providing friendly and courteous service.
You’ll be following the safety training and wear all provided gear (uniform, safety gloves & boots).
You’ll remove, load and sort items so we can dispose, recycle or donate (we’re committed to reducing waste).
You’ll ensure the job order is completed as required and offer opportunities for additional disposal services.
You’ll work efficiently with the team to stay on schedule.
You and your crew will dispose of all items appropriately to empty the truck at the end of the shift so it’s ready to go the following day.
What we offer our Crew Members:
A great starting base rate of pay, profit share bonuses, tips from our very satisfied customers, and available overtime.
Shared/divided tips with your truck team from the day’s services.
Other bonuses & incentives
Eligibility for benefits for full-time employees.
Interesting work, lots of variety and working with and for great people.
A rewarding opportunity unlike other hourly work - you’ll be all around the city, doing physical work (to keep you in shape) meeting lots of people and making their junk disappear.
Advancement opportunities – you’ll learn great skills to help you grow with us and/or take with you to achieve your long-term goals.
Previous experience in a similar capacity isn’t required; however, a background in customer service is a definite asset! Piqued your interest? Great - apply today and successful applicants will hear back from us within 2-5 business days. Thanks for your interest in 1-800-GOT-JUNK?.
Manufacturing And Industrial Machinery Mover And Rigger With CDL
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMMERCIAL DRIVERS LICENSE (CDL).
Move heavy machinery such as CNC machines, press brakes, printers, and lasers using forklifts and tractor trailer trucks.
- Must have CDL to drive trucks to job sites.
- Relocate machinery at customers place of business
- Maintains trucks and forklifts.
- Move machines from one point to another, Out of State Travel is required.
- Maintains safe work environment by watching out for foot traffic; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps forklift operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
Safety Management, CDL REQUIRED, forklift experience required, must be drug free, must have clean driving record, millwright experience a plus, mechanical and/or electrical experience a plus.
Please send in resume and MVR to fax or email
Lead Furniture Mover
We are currently seeking a Lead Furniture Mover in Columbus!
This person will lead a daily crew to perform activities related to commercial furniture moving and installation. This includes relocation and storage of property and equipment.
- Operation and off-loading of 26ft, automatic box truck
- Adhere to guidelines when positioning furniture and boxes on equipment
- Commercial office furniture staging and assembly
- Interacting with customers upon delivery and installation
- Minor repairs and/or touch up as needed
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Knowledge of office furniture experience is desired
- Experience disconnecting and reconnecting CPU equipment preferred
- Skilled use of basic tools
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment or alone
- Ability to demonstrate reliability and dependability
- Candidate should have excellent organization and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to pass a background check including drug screening, criminal and driving record checks
For over 75 years, Continental Office has been a partner in creating interior environments that work by partnering with our clients in the space planning, design, and installation of flooring, office furniture, furniture systems, wall systems, branding, graphics, and services. We are a regional company with offices in Columbus, Toledo, and Pittsburgh.
Continental offers competitive wages and benefits including 401k, medical, vacation and dental as well as training and career growth opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity in the workplace
Drug Free Workplace Employer
2Nd Shift Mover Foreman
MakeSpace is full service storage, on demand. We pick up, store and bring back our customer's stuff for less than local storage options.
Our Mover Foremen are the backbone of our business. They are the face of MakeSpace to our customers. They execute our storage pickups and deliveries while maintaining and exceeding our award-winning customer service. Please note this is a 2nd shift position with hours from 2 pm to 10 pm and a driver's license is mandatory for the role.
The building is located on the corner of Greenpoint Avenue. You will see a small sign labeled "460" above the main entrance. The door to our office will be on the right side of the building after you pass the Edge & Budget trucks on your left.
In order to be seen for an interview, please bring a copy of your resume and dress professionally.
To learn more about the role before your interview, keep reading...
What you'll be doing:
- Join the Warehouse Team in item processing and pulling items for delivery
- Packing, wrapping, and marking items so they're protected while in transport
- Working with a team of movers in the field, and driving between customers homes and our warehouses
- Utilizing the most cutting edge technology to deliver an exceptional experience while being extremely efficient
- Install and setup items in customer's homes
- Full-time 2pm to 10pm, our operations run 7 days a week, your schedule will be in rotation
- You will be working out of our warehouse located in Greenpoint, Brooklyn
Who you are:
- Your attitude is, "5 Minutes Early Is On Time; On Time Is Late; Late Is Unacceptable"
- You love playing with technology and are a whiz on a smartphone
- You like making a difference and going the "extra mile" to satisfy our customers; customer satisfaction is your mantra
- You are an active, athletic individual who must be able to lift heavy items (ranging from 25 to 100 lbs), sometimes in walk-up apartments
- Prior professional moving or warehouse experience is preferred
- You're flexible to work weekends as needed
What you get:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Year-long, full-time job
- Career development
- $500 bonus for each friend you successfully refer to work at MakeSpace
- Paid Overtime
- Flexible schedule
- Paid Time off
Final candidate must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Loaded, unpacked and packed items, disassembled and assembled furniture for residential and commercial accounts
- Provided safe, on-time, and dependable transportation with a safe driving record
- Assisted customers during the moves with excellent customer service
- Accountable for handling client property safely and efficiently
- Coordinated pick-ups and deliveries with clients
- Checked and inspected all furniture for any damages and made adjustments to consistently ensure safety.
- Enabled special requests in terms of moving furniture and made arrangements to meet all needs.
- Made inventories & records of the furniture, material and supplies received for delivery. Delivered and made sure that each is well accounted for.
- Breakdown and setup furniture items based on customer needs
- Securely transport contracted items avoiding any damage
Class A Driver/Machinery Mover
We are seeking a CLASS A DRIVER/MACHINERY MOVER to join our team! You will be responsible for safely operating a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 pounds
Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW).
- Safely operate a heavy or tractor-trailer truck
- Load and unload cargo
- Properly track and document activity log
- Report any issues or incidents to dispatch
- Inspect truck before and after trip
- Previous experience (5 years) in truck driving or other related fields of rigging or machinery moving
- Previous experience operating a forklift (3k - 40k)
- Commercial driver's license with current DMV print out
- Ability to read and write in english
- Ability to handle physical workload (lift 100 pounds)
- Strong work ethic
Mover / Packer / Lumper
About South Hills Movers:
South Hills Movers is one of the Nation's largest independent Moving and Storage Companies. Since 1925, we continue to be an employee driven, award winning, customer service focused organization relocating families and businesses throughout the United States. We are a proud member of the American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA), the Pennsylvania Moving and Storage Association (PMSA), and the Better Business Bureau. We are an equal opportunity employer and proud sponsor of the "Hiring our Heroes" campaign.
Responsibilities of the Associate Mover / Packer:
- Properly prepare and pack customer belongings for move and load onto truck.
- Accompany CDL Driver to transport and deliver customer belongings.
Qualifications of the Associate Mover / Packer:
- Must be physically fit
- Agile, coordinated, and capable of lifting/carrying 100 lbs.
- Prior labor experience preferred.
- Willing to travel.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Able to pass background check/drug tests.
Benefits of the Associate Mover / Packer
- Salary -DOE
- Long Distance Work Available
Leads move teams and assists in executing efficient relocation of client’s office goods including systems furniture, case goods, accessories, wall-hung units, etc. Is responsible for timely completion of the work with a high level of workmanship and a high degree of customer satisfaction. Safely loads and drives 26’ box truck in an urban environment.
- Keep in close contact with move team and keeps Project Managers and any client contacts informed of progress throughout the day
- Is mechanically adept and knows how to safely use tools and equipment
- Responsible for packing, moving, loading, inventorying, and delivering product
- Inspects and documents product for damage and quality prior to installation or delivery.
- Understands basic installation processes: unloading, loading, staging, uncartoning, panel assembly, component assembly, cleanup and detailing, lock installation, etc.
- Can carry out assignments with little or no supervision; takes ownership for assignment results and details.
- Provide verbal daily goals to supervisor, and contribute to on-the-fly decision making when necessary
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned tasks with a high level of quality and efficiency, performs these duties with a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Assist with determining and securing the resources and materials needed to perform the scheduled daily work.
- Customer interfacing- must be able to treat customer product with the utmost respect and interact with clients in a professional manner at all times
- Works scheduled shifts
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete the Lead Mover 30, 60, 90, Performance Proficiency requirements within the stated timeframe.
- Attends monthly crew meetings
- Attend and complete additional individual training as necessary.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
- No major traffic infractions including at-fault accidents
- Interfaces professionally with customer at all times
- Comes to work as scheduled unless otherwise arranged with manager
Education & Experience
Knowledge: HS Diploma/GED preferred
- 1-3 years of professional driving experience
- 1-3 years of experience as a lead commercial mover and has lead teams of up to 20 people
- Communication: Strong ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Must be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift 75 lbs. and/or move more than 100 pounds with assistance.
- Resourcefulness: ability to find way around barriers to success and is flexible in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Must possess the following traits
- Natural problem solver - sees solutions to problems easily; makes the complex simple.
- Finisher vs. starter.
- Enthusiastically embraces change.
- Teachable (receives coaching)/Continuous learner (self-motivated).
This job description is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements and does not preclude management’s authority to add or change duties or responsibilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties. Individuals requiring accommodation should contact a Human Resources Representative.
Our atmosphere is friendly, innovative and challenging. Our management creates and maintains a great place to work that is diverse, promotes mutual respect and fosters personal growth. And our talent comes from a wide range of backgrounds.
Our Work Culture
Performance is rewarded at every level. Because we believe that people share in the benefits of their hard work, our staff receive excellent pay and a range of individualized performance-related rewards.
We care about your life outside of work. Juggling work commitments and family life is a challenge for everyone and Apex's people are encouraged to create a good work/life balance plus are offered a variety of perks and PTO.
Our culture values ongoing learning. We offer over 4,000 online, self-paced courses through Insperity and Lynda.com.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Wash a variety of parts carefully using air pressure and solvent.
Package and transport parts within the manufacturing facility.
Operate a fork lift.
Be highly engaged in continuous improvement activities
Requirements include but are not limited to:
Experience in manufacturing environment a plus
Arrow Gear is also renowned for expertise in bevel gear design and development. This capability, as well as an onsite heat treatment facility, places Arrow Gear as a leading producer in the global market.
Mover / Warehouse
Renovation Angel is North America’s premier luxury kitchen recycler. We are based in Fairfield, NJ at a 43,000 square foot showroom and warehouse.
We provide our employees with great benefits like a 401k plan with a company match up to 4% of your base salary, vacation/personal time, holiday pay, generous merchandise discount, and a growing company.
Renovation Angel is looking for skilled professionals to fill our Mover / Warehouse Position based out of our Fairfield NJ location.
To perform the job we are seeking:
· Skilled movers and truck loaders
· Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving history
· Solid teamwork attitude
· Good people skills and working with customers
· We give you all the necessary training and confidence to be part of a winning team.
This is a physical, fast paced, outdoor position that involves continual lifting, lowering and carrying kitchen cabinets, appliances, furniture, etc. that typically weigh 25-70 pounds, sometimes in walk-up apartments; completing large volume deliveries in a timely manner and keeping the customers up-to-date on delivery times with excellent service. You will also be responsible for wrapping, packaging, and inventorying items so they're protected while in transport and helping our warehouse team pull items for delivery and load trucks when needed.
Salary is competitive and will commiserate with experience.
· Five days a week- Monday- Saturday (day off during the week)
· Opportunities for overtime
Renovation Angel is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace.
This is a rare chance to be part of something that's transforming an industry. We are not just another company. We are quite literally changing the way people manage and think about their luxury property. You can learn more about us online at www.renovationangel.org and www.greendemolitions.com
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!