Houston Job Description Sample
Maintenance Technician (Electrical/Mechanical)
POSITION SUMMARY:The Maintenance Electrical Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety. The Maintenance Electrical Technician will actively participate on daily maintenance activities with a group of 4-8 technicians. Some of the activities are, machinery lubrication, change parts, install motors and drives or perform other routine machinery maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Read work orders and specification to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Record production, repair, and machine maintenance information
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust.
- Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair, using hand tools, chain falls, jacks, cranes, or hoists.
- Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications.
- Collaborate with other workers to repair or move machines, machine parts, or equipment.
- Lubricate or apply adhesives or other materials to machines, machine parts, or other equipment, according to specified procedures.
- Transport machine parts, tools, equipment, and other material between work areas and storage, using cranes, hoists, or dollies.
- Read and understand control schematics
- Perform electrical diagnosi
NECESSARY SKILLS, BACKGROUND & COMPENTENCIES:
- Knowledge on how to read national electric code
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Bilingual abilities preferred but not required
- Ability to perform minor welding and fabrication tasks preferred but not required
- PLC Experience
- Aerial lift
- Hand tools
- Compressed air impact tools
- Power Tools
- Safety equipment
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment
- Minimum 5 years of electrical background
- Good knowledge and experience troubleshooting drives, motors and controls
Merchants Metals employees and their qualified family members have the opportunity to participate in industry leading benefits programs which include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for Employees, Spouses, Dependents &/or entire Family
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Convenient 24/7 Doctor Visits through LiveHealth Online
- Legal Assistance via Legal Shield
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identify Theft Protection
- Access Perks – Discounts on products and services with companies nationwide.
- 401k Retirement Program with strong company match.
Distribution & Outage Management Systems Power Systems Consultant (Houston, TX)
Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI) www.osii.com is a fast-paced, growing, high technology company, headquartered in Medina, Minnesota. As a world leader in the Operations Technology (OT) field, OSI develops and supplies state-of-the-art energy management, optimization and control software solutions to energy utility companies worldwide.
In this position—located in our Houston, Texas office, you will be responsible for providing technical sales support of state-of-the-art Distribution Management System (DMS) and Outage Management System (OMS) applications for real-time control systems and support functions for mission critical Client/Server Windows, UNIX and Linux based systems. Responsibilities include:
- Assist sales efforts with product demonstrations, system design, technical discussions and proposal/quote support.
- Provide technical support for the design, planning, integration, implementation, testing, training and commissioning of power systems applications for DMS and OMS customers.
- Analyze customer requirements and create a product implementation plan for the power systems applications on customer projects.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality applications to the customer.
- Solve support-initiated and project-related customer support issues.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in power systems.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in consulting with customers on DMS & OMS applications.
- Knowledge of power systems analysis and computer programming with at least an introduction to C programming.
- Knowledge of electric utility operation, control and/or optimization.
- Strong technical background in automation, computers and public utilities.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
OSI offers a comprehensive benefit package to our full-time regular employees. Benefits include health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, profit sharing and a generous amount of paid time off and paid holidays. Additional perks include flexible work hours, employee events, fitness discounts, casual dress code, exciting travel opportunities, employee referral bonus programs, and more. Check out our Life at OSI Facebook page to see more.
As an employee of OSI you will have access to cutting edge technologies in a fun, professional, positive and dynamic work environment. We have excellent opportunities for growth and development.
Esthetician - Houston
- Perform a wide range of facial and waxing services following milk + honey protocols
- Obtain client health history through the use of client intake forms, assessing problems and conditions and consulting with clients about recommended treatments
- Record detailed notes for all clients including contraindications, allergies, medications, formulations and treatment preferences
- Maintain correspondence with clients by writing thank you notes following their visit
- Participate in sales and marketing events both inside and outside the spa
- Stay up to date with training and education on skincare and spa lines while proactively promoting products to clients
- Taking all milk + honey approved courses regarding blood borne pathogens and lancet protocols, sign and adhere to milk +honey’s lancet protocol
- Dedication to achieving and maintaining a retail to service sale ratio
- Complete side work, open and closing duties as directed by the Department Head or Manager
- Dedication to staying up to date on current licensing changes and abide by all rules and regulations associated with licensure
- Position requires a great deal of mobility, including walking, and lifting up to 20 lbs
Qualifications and Experience
- State of Texas Esthetics License
- Must have schedule availability to include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Natural ability to sell and educate clients on products and treatments
- Experience with Cosmedix product line a plus
- Competitive compensation plan
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans
- Paid vacation
- Matching 401k plan
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Generous discounts on treatments and products
- Transportation reimbursement
milk + honey abides by and exemplifies its core Four Principles, which have become an essential part of our processes, culture, and growth:
Care. Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.
Thrive. Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.
Inspire. Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.
Simplify. Do more with less.
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, thorough training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
If you are ready to be a part of an award winning team, please complete our online application.
milk + honey is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
MDM - Master Data Management-Lead
Azure Data Factory-Architect
Kronos WFC / Workforce Central Implementation Consultant
Location: U.S. & Canada, Virtual, Remote - No relocation required
Compensation: Base Salary + Annual Bonus dependent upon qualifications and experience
Travel: up to 25%
Sability is a Human Capital Management strategy and software services Consultancy. We specialize in HCM and WFM System Selection, Design and Implementation of systems such as Kronos, Infor Workbrain, Ceridian Dayforce and Ultimate Software UltiPro. Experienced HCM consultants choose Sability for our flexible work environment and sense of pride and ownership in the success of our clients. We offer virtual full-time employment opportunities across the US and Canada and are a five-time recipient of SHRM’s “When Work Works” award for workplace flexibility. As a high-growth company, we have also been recognized as a member of the Inc. 5000 and one of Inc. Magazine’s 2017 Best Workplaces.
Sability is looking for experienced professionals to join our consulting and software implementation team with specialization in Workforce Management (WFM), Time & Labor Management (TLM) and Time & Attendance (T&A).
As a Sability consultant, you will be responsible for assisting clients with the implementation of the Workforce Ready Time and Labor software solution, including requirements gathering, process design, system configuration, testing, and go-live. This is a functional consulting position; however, knowledge of the technical aspects of software implementations such as Data Import/Export, System Integration or Report Writing is a plus. Qualified candidates will possess outstanding customer service skills as well as strong analytical skills.
- Lead requirements gathering meetings
- Provide product and subject matter expertise to client
- Create and maintain requirements documentation
- Configure system components to meet customer requirements
- Participate in testing cycles
- Deliver training to administrators and end users
- Transition of customers to customer support
- Minimum 2 years’ experience implementing Time & Attendance / Workforce Management software solutions such as Kronos Workforce Central, Kronos Workforce Ready, Novatime, ADP eTime, Workbrain / Infor WFM, UTA, UTM, ADP ezLabor, WorkforceNow, Workforce Software, Empower, Dayforce, Time Centre, Nettime Solutions, ePay Celayix, Cybershift, etc.
- Client-facing customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working independently without daily supervision
- Ability to multi-task between different projects and clients
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Time and Labor implementation experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Work closely with business management to resolve business process and productivity needs and an appropriate technology strategy to support business goals.
- Analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration, and operations.
- Work with technical management to architect networks that effectively reflect business needs, service-level and availability requirements, and other technology parameters.
- Develop design principles, models, plans, internal standards, budgets, and processes based on industry best practices.
- Establish governing principles for network design and deployment.
- Participate in selection of networking technologies and products for implementation
- Must have strong communication skills, presentation skills, ownership acumen, and be able to deconstruct complex problems and projects into execution detail
- Lead teams of other network designers and engineers in developing detailed designs and quality-control mechanisms during implementation.
- Continually update understanding of business and technology status and objectives and respond to strategic design requests as the business evolves.
- In-depth understanding of business strategy and ability to communicate effectively effectively with senior business leaders and C-level executives.
- Expert knowledge and experience configuring and operating Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and Arista switches and routers. CCIE, CCNP and Juniper certifications preferred
- Expert in Carrier technologies including but not limited to: BGP, VRF Lite, ISIS, MPLS, BFD, CCC, GRE and RSVP
- Expert in Routing Protocols including but not limited to: IBGP, OSPF, VRRP, VARP, HSRP, and PBR
- Expert in administering firewall policies on multiple platforms: Palo Alto, Juniper, Cisco & Fortinet
- Experience with configuration, installation, troubleshooting, and supporting network equipment, wireless access points, firewall policies across different platforms
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent documentation skills using Microsoft Office and Visio
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work early mornings and/or late nights to execute critical network changes
- Ability to travel
- Ability to learn new and unfamiliar technologies and products, independently using documentation and online resources
- Works well in a fast pace environment with tight timelines for deliverable's
Sr. Applications Programmer/Analyst- Houston
Sr. Applications Programmer Analyst - BI / BO /TAB
- Houston, TX
- $100,000.00 per year
- Houston candidates preferred, relocation possible
Required skills & experience (the 6 "must haves" to be considered)
1. Education: Bachelors degree or four (4) years of industry experience in lieu of degree
2. Understanding of stored procedures, SQL jobs, views and complex joins.
3. Deep experience building Tableau Dashboards, as well as advanced Tableau visualizations.
4. Experience in one or more of the following: Microsoft Access, SSRS, SQL Server, Oracle, SharePoint or SAS.
5. Experience developing and delivering Tableau training to other report developers and power users.
6. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel (VBA and Macros). What you need to know - This is a permanent, full-time position in Houston, TX. - This position in on-site for now. Maybe some opportunity for remote work in the future. - Relocation will be considered, but heavy priority will be given to Houston-based candidates. - To reiterate, must have deep Tableau dashboard build experience. Position responsible for programming complex computer applications and systems in support of development projects and business objectives. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills of Tableau required in a large, complex corporate Information System.
A working knowledge of mainframe, minicomputer, or microcomputer operations, equipment, operating systems, development tools and methodologies is required. The Senior Application Programmer Analyst reports directly to the Manager, and may works under the guidance of the Lead Application Analyst.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!