Human Resource Advisor Job Description Sample
Human Resource Advisor, SMB
The Human Resource Advisor, SMB works within the product management team. He or she will be responsible for advising and guiding small business owners through the employee termination, onboarding, or other HR processes. Their primary goal will be to discuss the circumstances with each small business owner, review each case, and act as their outsourced HR Representative.
Manage and advise multiple small businesses and act as their primary advisor for employee related issues
Review the specifics of each case with the small business owner surrounding them and their employees
Offer guidance to small business owners who are terminating an employee and coach them through each of their terminations
Assist in helping business owners onboard new employees, including completing the appropriate documents, government compliance paperwork, etc.
Prepare and send business owners exit paperwork and walk them through best practice guidelines
Act as the general coach for small business owners as it relates to each case and answer questions they might have
Be willing and excited to wear many hats across many teams to contribute to the business any way possible
B.A. or equivalent experience required
Be an HR expert in Federal, State & Municipal labor law regulations (specifically as it relates to SMB businesses)
Certified in human resources with at least 3 years of experience in HR compliance
In-depth knowledge with EEOC compliance and investigations
Seasoned claims experience in the areas of unemployment, disability, wage and hourly claims
Strong ability to handle multiple clients and multiple tasks
Extremely organized and excellent time management skills
Ability to handle stressful situations and ability to maintain calm professionalism in all circumstances
Leading customer support and phone skills
Outstanding follow-up and follow-through on all tasks to provide superior customer support to our clients to build Bambee’s customer image
You are ambitious, need little direction, love challenges, fast paced work environments, and solving big problems.
Enjoy start-up environments where you directly contribute to and set strategy at a company
You have an extremely high standard for inter-personal skills, personal representations (at the end, you are the extension of our brand), confidentiality, execution and delivery
Get excited about disruptive technology companies who love to flip the status-quo upside down
Company culture is huge for us, so we’re looking for a personality that will mesh well with the team
Small businesses can't afford an entire human resource department. But now they can for only $99/mo with Bambee. Bambee is an on-demand HR service for small to mid sized businesses, all for less than the price of a cell phone bill.
Bambee is early stage & venture backed. Founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex CMO of ZipRecruiter (largest job board for small and medium sized business in the US) and Head of Product at Docstoc (Acquired by Intuit). He has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR. Our team is close-nit, passionate, easy-going, comedic, lighting-fast & based out of our sunny Santa Monica office.
Human Resource Generalist
We are seeking a Human Resource Generalistto join our team! You will perform activities in human resources from recruiting new hires to retaining existing hires. This will include providing and facilitating the Plant Human Resources process, ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, and assisting with the development, design, implementation, and enforcement of Human Resources policies and procedures. This role is also responsible for employee relations, recruiting, compliance and assisting with benefit and payroll administration as well as assisting in Human Resources administration and concerns.
Understand and adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee manual
Act as primary point of contact for day to day issues
Administer various human resources policies, plans, and procedures for plant personnel; assist in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
Work with HR team to implement company culture, values and policies from a corporate and local level.
Screen, recruit, and interview potential employees
Assist with HRIS data maintenance & attendance system
Administer compensation program and make revisions as necessary
Maintain employee personnel files
Conduct exit interviews with terminating employees
Process bi-weekly transfer of payroll data to payroll department
Provide management with requested reports and documents, providing HR analysis as necessary
Drive AAP and EEO process
Partner with HR team on Workers Compensation cases as needed
Participate in Communications development
Participate in investigations (safety and harassment) where necessary
Support exempt and non-exempt staffing efforts (recruitment, references, interviewing, and on-boarding)
Participate in the performance management process. distribute performance review packets and maintain records in HRIS system
Support the development of incentive programs including reward and recognition for all levels of the plant
Facilitate exempt and non-exempt training classes
Participate in planning plant functions; participate in wellness committee and sunshine committee
Track HR metrics including but not limited to time-to-fill, turnover, and employee headcount
Support plant employee relations efforts
Support positive workplace efforts
Additional responsibilities as directed by the management team
- Bachelor's degree (concentration in Human Resources preferred).
- Minimum of one to three years related experience and/or training, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be bi-lingual in Spanish.
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws
- Ability to build rapport with all employees
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP a plus
Human Resource Business Partner - HR Manager
•Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Business, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
•Ability to interface with all levels of management
•Able to work under pressure and manage time and resources effectively
•Analytical ability to interpret data
•In depth knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and database management systems
•Strong interpersonal skills – develop strong relationships
•Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Annual Bonus (15%)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday pay
- Company Holiday Events
- Matching 401k
- Tuition reimbursement and More!
Human Resource Generalist
Da Vinci Software is a growing boutique tech company who is looking for a Human Resource Generalist to join our growing team. The HR Generalist will be working directly with Da Vinci’s Executive Management team to assist with staff on-boarding, HR compliance, recruitment and other administrative duties.
- Assists with on-boarding of new employees
- Assists with payroll information along with collecting time and attendance records
- Submits employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analyzing data
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data
- Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work; answering the telephone; relaying messages; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or related field OR
- One or two-year degree/diploma in a secretarial/administrative assistant role OR 2 years related experience.
- Must have prior HR Administrative Assistance experience.
- Requires knowledge of basic office equipment (computers, photocopiers, fax machines, etc.)
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Must be able to have great communication skills
- Must be able to carry out duties and receive direction from multiple sources with moderate supervision
- Must be dependable
- Must be able to work independently, as well as with a team
- Microsoft Office Skills
Rochester, MN – onsite required.
Days and hours:
25-30 hours per week required. Morning hours preferred.
Administrative And Human Resource Assistant
We are seeking a seasoned, full time, Administrative Assistant with previous human resource experience to join our team! This position will perform clerical and administrative functions in order to drive company success.
- Assist leadership with daily business needs
- Coordinate employee recruitment efforts
- Successful onboard new employees to include conducting orientation
- Answer inbound telephone calls
- Develop and implement organized filing systems
- Perform all other office tasks
- Previous experience in office administration, human resources or other related fields
- Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Previous ADP experience a must
- Independent, self motivated
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
Human Resource Assistant I
HOURLY RATE: $14.00
HOURS: 8AM-5PM Mon.-Fri.
LOCATION: FOLSOM, CA
Testing= Word and Excel
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate's degree preferred; two or more years of working experience in an office environment; human resources experience preferred; computer literacy; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; ability to work as a team member, as well as independently and extensive knowledge of MS Office.
1. Assists with posting positions with staffing agencies.
2. Revises and formats project job descriptions and interview questions.
3. Schedules interviews and prepares interview folders.
4. Processes paperwork and/or assigns employee numbers for temporary employees and notifies help desk.
5. Maintains temporary paperwork files for numerous projects.
6. Processes all supervisor changes and updates spreadsheets.
7. Maintain personnel data including employment and other pertinent information and maintains the privacy and security of employee information, files and performance reviews.
8. Maintains all Human Capital-related content on the Intranet.
9. Tracks and maintains employee relations files.
10. Conducts monthly audits of submitted help desk tickets.
11. Assists with processing focal point and bonus spreadsheets.
12. Provides administrative support to Human Capital and Administrative department as needed including backup support for the receptionist.
13. Meets all standards established for this position as outlined in the corresponding annual performance criteria and bonus template for this position.
14. Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
Human Resource Support Specialist
We are seeking a Human Resource Support Specialistto compete a variety of general administrative duties in support of the HR Manager and overall HR departmental and company goals and objectives. Duties performed are of a highly confidential nature that requires knowledge of organizational policies, practices and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Screen, recruit, and interview potential employees for a mutli-state organization. Schedules interviews for various department leadership;
- Places orders for background checks, drug screens and tracks and communicates results timely;
- Supports company culture, values and policies;
- Composes and provides management with requested reports and documents;
- Maintains I-9 documentation and performs yearly audits to ensure regulatory compliance;
- Accurately maintain employee files and other HR records in compliance with regulatory requirements for a multi-state organization;
- Monitors and completes Employment Verification's;
- Unemployment and Workman's Compensation paperwork is timely and accurately completed;
- Provides support and consistency for all levels of employees;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required High School diploma or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.;
- 2-4 years of progressively responsible experience in recruiting coordination, or an HR administrative position.;
- Previous experience in Human Resources, recruiting, or other HR related competencies;
- A working knowledge of Retail is a plus!!;
- A working knowledge of labor and employment laws and of state and federal retention and employment laws;
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as flexibility to accommodate different personalities and professional work styles. Ability to build rapport with all employees;
- Strong organizational, time and project management skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines while still maintaining the integrity of the data and information;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Microsoft Office savvy. Proficiency with Word excel and Outlook;
- Ability to analyze information, draw conclusions and develop solutions under the direction of the Human Resource Manager;
- Understands how to manage information while balancing employee confidentiality with business needs and communicate it appropriately under the direction of the Human Resource Manager.
We currently own and operate 35 locations between OH, PA, NY, WV and IN. Our employees are some of the most knowledgeable and friendly in retail. Stop in, check us out and find out why we've been voted Best Adult Store in Cleveland 2016 and 2017 and Best Adult Store in Pittsburgh for 2016!
Bilingual Human Resource Manager / Team Builder
Essential Job Functions:
• Developing and administering various human resources plans and procedures
• On and Off Boarding of Employees
• Performance evaluations for 30/60/90 day and annual reviews
• Conduct new-employee orientations; conduct exit interviewing
• Counseling employees and creating improvement programs where needed
• Coordinates with the benefits administrator and record keeping systems; initiating new-hire benefits
• Creation of forms and format for the HR functions including building the HR Infrastructure
• Plan, organize, and control all activities of the department
• Monitor the performance evaluation program and revise as necessary
• Review existing handbook on policies and procedures; recommend, implement, and maintain changes
• Conduct all recruitment effort for the company
• Establish and maintain department records and reports
• Assist in gathering data for annual 401k audit and 5500 filing with IRS and ACA filing with IRS
• Various tracking and reporting to upper management
• OSHA log and compliance reporting
• Assist with benefit roll outs, offerings and renewals
* Must be able to speak,read and write in English and Spanish
• Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills
• Sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Effective communication and bilingual in Spanish / English
• Team oriented
• Skilled in Microsoft Office
• Understanding of Accounting Principles according to GAAP and all laws as pertaining to Employee’s
• Maintain an effective work ethic and confidentially with company and employee information
• Rapid response to external / internal customers
Compensation is depending on experience
Human Resource Manager
Custom Nutraceuticals is a rapidly growing manufacturer of Nutraceuticals located in Bohemia NY. We are currently looking for partime help organizing our human resource program. The position has potential to develop in to a full time position if the applicant also has book keeping skills.
Previous experience required.
Human Resource Manager
We have an immediate need for an Human Resource Manager. The successful candidate will be joining our in-house team within Elite Force Staffing. Being that we are a skilled labor (construction) staffing company, previous construction experience is preferred. In addition, ACA compliance and Workers Comp knowledge is also preferred. Previous experience in the staffing industry is HUGE bonus!
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume. We will be conducting interviews immediately.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!