Hydroelectric Machinery Mechanic Job Description Sample
Hydroelectric Plant Mechanic I - Gustine Location
A Hydroelectric Plant Mechanic I, under supervision, performs mechanical maintenance and repair work on large hydroelectric generating or pumping plant equipment and does other related work.
Qualifying experience may be combined on a proportional basis if the requirements stated below include more than one pattern and are distinguished as "Either" I, "or" II, "or" III, etc. For example, candidates possessing qualifying experience amounting to 50% of the required time of Pattern I, and additional experience amounting to 50% of the required time of Pattern II, may be admitted to an examination as meeting 100% of the overall experience requirement.
Completion of a recognized apprenticeship as a hydroelectric plant mechanic or machinist. (Apprentices who are within six months of completion of their apprenticeship may be admitted to the examination, but they must present evidence of completion of their apprenticeship before they may be appointed).
One year of journeyperson experience maintaining and repairing heavy equipment used in hydroelectric generating or pumping plants.
In addition to evaluating the competitors' relative abilities as demonstrated by the quality and breadth of experience, emphasis in the examination interview will be on measuring competitively, relative to job demands, each competitor's:
Written Test- Weighted 60%
1. Methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the installation, maintenance, repair, and replacement of high voltage electrical equipment including large generators, transformers, motors, voltage regulators and circuit breakers.
2. National Electric Code and Electrical Safety Orders of the Division of Industrial Safety.
1. Read and understand wiring diagrams and blueprints.
Performance Test - Weighted 40%
1. Methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in maintaining, servicing, and repairing large turbines, generators, motors, pumps, valves, and intake structures used in large hydroelectric generating and pumping plants.
2. Techniques of arc and gas welding.
3. Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in repairing and servicing mechanical gauges and measuring devices.
4. Safety Orders of the Division of Industrial Safety dealing with electrical, welding, rigging and mechanical systems.
5. Techniques used in performing rigging and operating a large overhead crane.
6. Mathematics normally required in this trade.
1. Read and write English at a level required for successful job performance.
2. Estimate job time and required materials.
3. Read blueprints and work from plans and specifications.
4. Keep simple records and make reports.
5. Follow oral and written instructions.
6. Instruct and supervise unskilled assistants.
Examination Applications must have an original signature. It is the personal responsibility of each examination candidate to submit their application materials within the timeframe and in the manner specified on this examination bulletin.
Examinations will be administered in the following counties: Butte, Contra Costa, Merced, Kern or Los Angeles. Please indicate on the Examination Application (Form STD 678 Rev. 10/2013), under Question 1, the county where you would like to take the examination. We're advertising for Merced County.
Examination Applications (Form STD 678 Rev. 10/2013) must be mailed or submitted in person to:
MAILING ADDRESS: SUBMIT IN PERSON:
Department of Water Resources Department of Water Resources
P.O. Box 9th Street, Room 320
Sacramento, CA 94 Sacramento, CA 95814
For this examination ONLY, emailed applications will be accepted using the following process. Please note you will be required to sign your application prior to being admitted to the examination.
Mechanic - Machinery Service Technician - Paid Training
Machinery Service Technician /Mechanic
Experience required, excellent working conditions, paid training provided, benefits provided.
Full Time Monday-Friday 8-5pm, Saturday 8-2 p.m.
For more information contact Ben Highhouse
Marshall Machinery, Inc.
348 Bethel School Rd., Honesdale PA, 18431
Machinery Mechanic - Weekend Warrior
The Machinery Mechanic is responsible for diagnosing, repairing and maintaining automated CNC, PLC and industrial PC controlled machinery and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform necessary preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- Submit service reports in a timely manner, utilizing maintenance management software.
- Communicate with machinery manufacturer’s service department via email or phone in resolving issues whenever necessary.
- Place replacement part orders for machinery repairs as required.
- Help maintain spare part inventory accuracy
- Effectively communicate with appropriate parties regarding machinery repair status.
- Communicate frequently with STAT Department Manager and Automated Technician Group Supervisor on the status of repairs, PM’s and projects.
- Work on specialized automation and integration projects. (New process equipment and special machines)
- Regular and reliable attendance in the factory/office is required.
- This position requires work to be performed on-site at our corporate office and does not provide for working from home offices.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Certificate or degree from college, technical school, or other educational program with an emphasis in electrical, machine or robotic programming, machine servicing, or similarly related field, preferred.
Two or more years related experience and/or training required.
Industrial Electrician certificate preferred.
Experience in machine and robotic programming, preferred.
Basic knowledge and use of machining equipment, such as milling machines, lathes, band saws and grinders to fabricate parts, preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with any type of maintenance management software, preferred.
- Strong time management, prioritization, multi-tasking, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Positive, collaborative, and open-minded attitude.
- Self-motivated, responsible and requires minimal direction.
- Ability to apply good judgment and make decisions independently.
- Effective professional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Can represent themselves, the department and the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to work well and effectively communicate with office and factory team members.
- Basic knowledge, functionality and use of machining equipment, such as milling machines, lathes, band saws and grinders, preferred.
The hours for this position are Friday through Sunday, 5:45am - 6:15pm.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company-paid drug screen, physical and background check required upon hire.
Diesel Mechanic - Heavy Machinery
DIESEL/HEAVY MACHINERY MECHANIC
Hamtramck Recycling is an Industrial/Commercial recycling center seeking a highly motivated and self-driven mechanic.
- Maintain and repair mobile equipment fleet
- Operating and inspecting equipment to diagnose defects
- Making recommendations for equipment to be repaired by outside sources
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machine
- Basic electrical duties
- Flexibility in work schedule to perform emergency repairs
- Providing general housekeeping to maintain a clean and safe facility
All Industrial Maintenance Technician candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of off-road heavy equipment
- Knowledge in welding, cutting and fabricating of all equipment and components
- Must have experience working on and maintaining diesel and gas engine
- Must be experienced with pneumatic/hydraulics
- Must have experience in maintaining and repairing heavy equipment
- Significant knowledge and experience in maintaining the following industrial processing equipment:
- Mobile excavators and heavy equipment ( CAT 320D, CAT 320C, JCB Wheel Loaders )
- Balers and compactors
- Diesel and Electric Hi-lo’s
Reasonable experience in repairing and rebuilding a variety of gasoline and/or diesel fuel machinery.Waste processing and handling experience preferred, but not required.
Applicants failing to meet criteria above will not be considered for this position. Only serious candidates need apply. We ask that you please include your previous wage rates as well as what you are looking for.
Industrial Machinery Mechanic
Fabco Steel is looking to hire an organized, self-starter Industrial Machinery Mechanic/Technician.
Applicant must have minimum 5 years experience in the following:
- Industrial Machinery Maintenance
- Ideal candidate will have experience working on, maintaining & repairing press brakes, shears, CNC Plasma & Laser machines, plate rollers, notches, punches, etc.
- Organized, Self-Starter, Motivated
- Knowledge in reading blue prints and diagrams & electrical schematics
- Install, maintain, repair, dismantle & rebuild machinery, valves, motors, gearboxes, pneumatics, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Knowledge and ability with basic electricity 110v, 220v, 480v
- Knowledge in power units, belt & pulley systems, driven chain systems
- Vehicle & forklift maintenance & preventative maintenance and basic repair
- Forklift Training Instructor Certification preferred
- Safety Training Coordination
- OSHA Regulations
- Lockout Tag Out Training & Implementation
- Machinery operation: drilling & tapping
- Basic plumbing
Experienced applicants only apply.
Employer offers excellent benefits plan including Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance. Holiday pay and Sick pay. Profit Sharing plan.
After over 35 years of business, we have gained a reputation for industry expertise and high standards. We are the leader of start to finish fabrication in Southern California, and a certified and highly respected L.A. City Fabricator.
No job is too small or too large for our experienced team of industry professionals. We recognize that every customer has unique needs. Therefore, we are committed to providing each customer with the specific services they require.
Fabco upholds a strong tradition of excellent customer loyalty. Our goal is to not only meet your expectations, but to exceed them.
This comes from years of experience and leadership in steel fabricating.
Machinery Mechanic - - Northeast Philadelphia
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Machine Shop experience
- All phases of lndustrial troubleshooting.
- Strong mechanical skills
- Able to operate machine tools.
Apply in person: Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday....1 to 3 pm
SOUTHWARK METAL MFG. CO
2800 RED LION ROAD
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19114
PHONE: 215-735-3479, EXT 1130
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED: TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, AND FRIDAY, 1:00 TO 3:00 PM
OR FAX RESUME TO: 215-735-1312
Heavy Equipment / Machinery Maintenance Mechanic Superintendent
Thank you for your interest in EMR - Southern Recycling!
We are currently looking for a Heavy Equipment/Machinery Maintenance Depot Superintendent. This position will be based out of New Orleans, LA.
The Machinery Maintenance Depot Superintendent maintains equipment through the management of a proper preventive maintenance program and repairs equipment as necessary to maintain production and minimize downtime.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, guide and coach a team
- Ability to diagnose and effectively maintain equipment with a focus on the big picture.
- Expert with hands-on equipment maintenance
- Understands technical issues and can leverage previous experience to solve problems
- Trained in recognizing electrical sources and lock-out/tag-out procedures.
- Team-oriented leader that works collaboratively to achieve goals
- Demonstrates strong work ethic, uses time productively to accomplish challenging work goals and develops efficient work methods
- Maintains highest level of focus and attention to detail
- Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines
- Thrives in an environment of rapid change and easily handles shifting priorities
- Takes initiative to become an expert at the job. Has a thorough understanding of the job's role in the organization's success
- Handles ambiguity, manages risk, and uses contingency plans to face uncertainty and adapt to change
- Proven safety record. Takes precautions and preventative measures to ensure a safe work environment
- Understands the appropriate time for special-use tools, in addition to experience working with all types of power and hand tools safely and effectively
- Is excited and energized by innovations in technology
- Experience working with all types of power and hand tools safely and effectively to perform hands-on equipment repair, maintenance, and operations
- Maintains machinery and mechanical equipment; locates sources of problems; removes defective parts; determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts; adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments; controls downtime; fabricates repair parts; maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories; prepares mechanical reports
- Maintains a safe work environment
- Implementation and monitoring of Company’s programs that assure a safe facility and work environment that is in compliance with all appropriate regulations--including Emergency Response, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazardous Materials and Hazardous Communications, Confined Space, and Lockout/Tagout Programs
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing and documenting preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions, reports unsatisfactory PM’s to Depot Manager for immediate correction
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, hand and power tools, and other devices; examining form and texture of parts
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, callipers, micro meters, and other measuring instruments
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, straightedges, and other devices
- Controls downtime by informing and training production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- - - - - - - -
To Apply :
Please forward your resume to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in EMR - Southern Recycling!
- - - - - - - -
EMR is a global leader in metal recycling. We are privately owned with a heritage dating back to the 1940s and employ around 4000 people operating at 150 locations around the world. Our core business is the recycling of scrap metal from a range of sources such as End-of-Life vehicles/consumer products, industry, construction and demolition. This results in sales of recycled commodities of around 10 million tonnes a year. We have extensive ferrous and non-ferrous operations worldwide and produce over 100 grades of high quality recycled materials which are taken to market by our substantial road, rail and shipping network. Supporting our core activities are a range of specialist divisions including industrial clearance, total waste management, ship breaking, servicing local government service providers, solder production, cable, copper and aluminum granulation facilities and environmental consultancy. Also, through our own and our joint venture activities we are working towards becoming a zero waste company.
- Substantial ferrous and non-ferrous metal recycling activities -
- Ethical and responsible work culture -
- Maximizing recycling rates -
- Working towards zero waste -
- Premium quality recycled products -
- Local support on a global level -
- Recycling scrap metal to preserve and supply resources -
- - - - - - - -
EMR - European Metal Recycling is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal law.
- - - - - - - -
Our core business is the recycling of scrap metal from a range of sources such as End-of-Life vehicles/consumer products, industry, construction and demolition. We have extensive ferrous and non-ferrous operations worldwide and produce over 100 grades of high quality recycled materials which are taken to market by our substantial road, rail and shipping network.
Supporting our core activities are a range of specialist divisions including industrial clearance, total waste management, ship breaking, servicing local government service providers and cable, copper and aluminum granulation facilities. Also, through our own and our joint venture activities we are working towards becoming a zero waste company.
Mechanic / Machinery
EMSCO Inc. is one of the Inductotherm group of companies, more than 50 technology-based firms worldwide. We are the largest service company for the induction melting and heating industries in North America. Our small company environment provides large company benefits, including employment stability and opportunities for advancement. Our division in Anniston has an opening for a Machinery Mechanic. The successful candidate will be literate in blueprint reading, soldering and welding processes, use of basic hand tools and possess a good work ethic with a self-starter attitude.
Our compensation package includes vacation and holiday pay, medical insurance, 401(k) Plan
and a profit sharing plan funded by the company. Uniforms and tools provided by EMSCO.
Qualified applicants, send your cover letter including salary history and resume to:
Machinery Mechanic With Strong Electrical Skills
Paper converting & packaging company in Boyertown, PA looking for a maintenance mechanic with 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment. 1st and 2nd Shift Positions are available.
- Monday –Thursday, plus overtime Friday and
- First Shift:
7:00AM – 5:30PM
- Second Shift: 5:30PM – 4:00AM
Responsible for the repair, maintenance and preventive maintenance of 17 production lines and packaging equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Must have STRONG electrical skills pertaining to machinery and packaging equipment including PLC’s, controls, drives, motors, 3 phase 480 volt, sensors, photo eyes, limit switches, etc.
- Must have STRONG mechanical skills pertaining to machinery and packaging equipment
- Must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A CARPENTRY/BUILDING MAINTENANCE POSITION.
Berk International and the Berk family have been in the business of converting disposable wiping cloths for over 35 years. Located on 17 acres in Boyertown Pennsylvania, in a 275,000 square foot facility, Berk runs 17 production lines 24 hours a day.
Heavy Machinery Mechanic
Environmental land development company seeking Heavy Machinery Mechanic with 5+ years experience repairing, maintaining and managing heavy equipment. Position is based in Perth Amboy , NJ but will require travel to various sites in NJ. This is a newly created position and will need a self-starter to set up shop to accommodate the company’s needs. Mechanic will have input hiring helper.
- Experience working with Excavators, Dozers, Articulator trucks, wheel loaders etc.
- Experience with screeners, crushers and stackers and major plus.
- Ability to pass background, motor vehicle, and drug screens.
- SIMPLE IRA with company match
Salary to commensurate with experience.
chosen markets. Impact is a great place to work, valuing diversity, demanding safety, embracing innovation and understanding that we are all always learning. We value our employees, and offer outstanding benefits and opportunities for growth.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!