Hydroelectric Machinery Mechanic Helper Job Description Sample
Mechanic Helper 1-Midlantic Machinery
External Job Title: Mechanic Helper 1-Midlantic Machinery Interest Category:
Equipment Service Position Type: Full Time Country: United States State:
Maryland City: Baltimore Shift: First/Day Shift Description:
Position PurposeResponsible for care of the “yard”, loading/unloading machines, care of inbound/outbound paperwork, getting machines ready for delivery, and performing repair of machinery and components with efficiency & quality. This individual works under the supervision of an experienced mechanic doing the following:a) Recondition and repair all equipment components and systems as assigned by the Service managerb) Maintain and care for shop tools, equipment and vehiclesc) Communicate with others professionallyd) Perform diagnostic inspections as directed.Quantitative Dimensions• Quality of work will be measured by the rate of redo/rework……….90% of applied time• Time measures will be judged against job standards…………90% of work completed within guideline• Follows all instructions by the Service manager and working foreman
Key Responsibilities1. Recondition and repair equipment and componentsa) Follows instruction by the service manager and Working Forman in performing repairs and other work assignedb) Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairsc) Effect the repairs required in a safe and effective mannerd) Ensure that all repairs are completed on time & in an efficient manner as assignede) Ensure the cosmetic appearance upon completion as requiredf) Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned as per guidelinesg) Maintain the work area in a clean and safe condition2.
Maintain good working records for time, parts, supplies and outside purchases in repairsa) All record-keeping methods are followed as per instructionsb) All cost related items are included in the work order filec) Ensure all records kept are legible and in compliance with established methods3. Maintain and care for Company shop tools, equipment and vehiclesa) All specialty tools used on the job are obtained using established methodsb) All tools and special equipment used on repairs are clean before returning to the tool roomc) All specialty tools used on jobs are returned to the original location in working conditiond) Maintains and provides all basic hand and diagnostic tools to perform the work assigned as set by the service manager4. Communicates with others professionallya) All communications with customers is conducted in a manner reflecting respect, honesty and promoting a positive company imageb) All communications with co-workers is conducted following the “golden rule”5.
Perform diagnostic inspections as directeda) All inspections required to determine cause of failure is done following established guidelinesb) All inspections are completed with cause of failure identifiedc) All failures identified are matched to solutions necessary to affect a repair
1. Candidate must notify Employer immediately if they are unable to meet these physical requirements:a) Must have the ability to continuously stand and walkb) Must have ability to frequently bend, squat, climb stairs and lift.c) Must have the ability to lift, pull and/or push up to 50 pounds w/o assistance.2. A technical school certificate or equivalent experience in mechanical repairs3.
General skill requisites• Strong mechanical skills• Good communications skills• Good computer skills• Good, safe work habits4. Specific skill requisites• A good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions• Strong diagnostic skills Additional Information:
Hydroelectric Plant Mechanic I - Gustine Location
A Hydroelectric Plant Mechanic I, under supervision, performs mechanical maintenance and repair work on large hydroelectric generating or pumping plant equipment and does other related work.
Qualifying experience may be combined on a proportional basis if the requirements stated below include more than one pattern and are distinguished as "Either" I, "or" II, "or" III, etc. For example, candidates possessing qualifying experience amounting to 50% of the required time of Pattern I, and additional experience amounting to 50% of the required time of Pattern II, may be admitted to an examination as meeting 100% of the overall experience requirement.
Completion of a recognized apprenticeship as a hydroelectric plant mechanic or machinist. (Apprentices who are within six months of completion of their apprenticeship may be admitted to the examination, but they must present evidence of completion of their apprenticeship before they may be appointed).
One year of journeyperson experience maintaining and repairing heavy equipment used in hydroelectric generating or pumping plants.
In addition to evaluating the competitors' relative abilities as demonstrated by the quality and breadth of experience, emphasis in the examination interview will be on measuring competitively, relative to job demands, each competitor's:
Written Test- Weighted 60%
1. Methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the installation, maintenance, repair, and replacement of high voltage electrical equipment including large generators, transformers, motors, voltage regulators and circuit breakers.
2. National Electric Code and Electrical Safety Orders of the Division of Industrial Safety.
1. Read and understand wiring diagrams and blueprints.
Performance Test - Weighted 40%
1. Methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in maintaining, servicing, and repairing large turbines, generators, motors, pumps, valves, and intake structures used in large hydroelectric generating and pumping plants.
2. Techniques of arc and gas welding.
3. Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in repairing and servicing mechanical gauges and measuring devices.
4. Safety Orders of the Division of Industrial Safety dealing with electrical, welding, rigging and mechanical systems.
5. Techniques used in performing rigging and operating a large overhead crane.
6. Mathematics normally required in this trade.
1. Read and write English at a level required for successful job performance.
2. Estimate job time and required materials.
3. Read blueprints and work from plans and specifications.
4. Keep simple records and make reports.
5. Follow oral and written instructions.
6. Instruct and supervise unskilled assistants.
Examination Applications must have an original signature. It is the personal responsibility of each examination candidate to submit their application materials within the timeframe and in the manner specified on this examination bulletin.
Examinations will be administered in the following counties: Butte, Contra Costa, Merced, Kern or Los Angeles. Please indicate on the Examination Application (Form STD 678 Rev. 10/2013), under Question 1, the county where you would like to take the examination. We're advertising for Merced County.
Examination Applications (Form STD 678 Rev. 10/2013) must be mailed or submitted in person to:
MAILING ADDRESS: SUBMIT IN PERSON:
Department of Water Resources Department of Water Resources
P.O. Box 9th Street, Room 320
Sacramento, CA 94 Sacramento, CA 95814
For this examination ONLY, emailed applications will be accepted using the following process. Please note you will be required to sign your application prior to being admitted to the examination.
Heavy Machinery Operator / Crew Helper (4 Positions)
Description of Duties:
Responsible for safely and skillfully operating a backhoe and other heavy equipment. Maintains heavy machinery / equipment by performing simple preventive maintenance and repair tasks as needed (replacing parts, lubricating equipment, etc.). Assesses digging areas prior to beginning work to ensure that areas have been properly marked prior to digging. Will construct and repair structural woodwork and equipment on current water and waste water projects or new construction. Assists in building and making repairs as directed by management, and assists in training other employees in equipment operation. Conducts probes in water, dirt, and mud in order to locate water lines for meter installation and repair of water lines. Responsible for the general cleaning of assigned vehicles and equipment, as well as the repair and maintenance of any equipment used at the job site. Will replace damaged pipes and other items as needed and as instructed by management. Participates in job specific training, and other various required corporate training programs; Complies with federal and state regulations and all established corporate policies and procedures. Other duties as may be assigned.
A self-starting individual who possesses a high school diploma or G.E.D. and up to three months of related experience. Must be able to read, write, and follow written instructions. Must possess a current Texas Driver License, a Class “A” Commercial Driver License (CDL), and must be insurable by the Corporation’s insurance underwriter. Will be expected to take and remain current with the following schools: Utility Safety, Unit I Basic Water, Unit 5 Distribution, and Waste Water I. Must have good communications skills, in order to effectively present information to employees and management of the Corporation. Must be fluent in English (written and verbal). Basic mathematics skills are required (addition and subtraction of two digit numbers / multiplication and division by tens and hundreds) when calculating for monetary purposes or weight measurement. Must possess good judgment as well as exercise discretion in the performance of daily duties. Must be able to work a flexible work schedule between 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. during the workweek and must be on call 24 hours a day.
Position requires the ability to work submerged in water and mud as needed in order to repair or install pipe and install or find water meters. Position requires the ability to stand, walk, sit, stoop, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, and balance. Must have the ability to frequently lift and/or move items up to 100 pounds. Vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level associated with this position is generally loud.
One year prior work experience. It is preferred that the candidate have or be willing to work towards attainment of a Waste Water License and the Class D Water License from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) within twelve months of employment.
Mechanic - Machinery Service Technician - Paid Training
Machinery Service Technician /Mechanic
Experience required, excellent working conditions, paid training provided, benefits provided.
Monday-Friday 8-5pm, Saturday 8-2 p.m.
For more information contact Ben Highhouse
Marshall Machinery, Inc.
348 Bethel School Rd., Honesdale PA, 18431
Hydroelectric Plant Mechanic I
A Hydroelectric Plant Mechanic I, under supervision, performs mechanical maintenance and repair work on large hydroelectric generating or pumping plant equipment and does other related work. Qualifying experience may be combined on a proportional basis if the requirements stated below include more than one pattern and are distinguished as "Either" I, "or" II, "or" III, etc.
For example, candidates possessing qualifying experience amounting to 50% of the required time of Pattern I, and additional experience amounting to 50% of the required time of Pattern II, may be admitted to an examination as meeting 100% of the overall experience requirement. Either
Machinery Mechanic - Weekend Warrior
The Machinery Mechanic is responsible for diagnosing, repairing and maintaining automated CNC, PLC and industrial PC controlled machinery and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform necessary preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- Submit service reports in a timely manner, utilizing maintenance management software.
- Communicate with machinery manufacturer’s service department via email or phone in resolving issues whenever necessary.
- Place replacement part orders for machinery repairs as required.
- Help maintain spare part inventory accuracy
- Effectively communicate with appropriate parties regarding machinery repair status.
- Communicate frequently with STAT Department Manager and Automated Technician Group Supervisor on the status of repairs, PM’s and projects.
- Work on specialized automation and integration projects. (New process equipment and special machines)
- Regular and reliable attendance in the factory/office is required.
- This position requires work to be performed on-site at our corporate office and does not provide for working from home offices.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Certificate or degree from college, technical school, or other educational program with an emphasis in electrical, machine or robotic programming, machine servicing, or similarly related field, preferred.
Two or more years related experience and/or training required.
Industrial Electrician certificate preferred.
Experience in machine and robotic programming, preferred.
Basic knowledge and use of machining equipment, such as milling machines, lathes, band saws and grinders to fabricate parts, preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with any type of maintenance management software, preferred.
- Strong time management, prioritization, multi-tasking, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Positive, collaborative, and open-minded attitude.
- Self-motivated, responsible and requires minimal direction.
- Ability to apply good judgment and make decisions independently.
- Effective professional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Can represent themselves, the department and the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to work well and effectively communicate with office and factory team members.
- Basic knowledge, functionality and use of machining equipment, such as milling machines, lathes, band saws and grinders, preferred.
The hours for this position are Friday through Sunday, 5:45am - 6:15pm.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company-paid drug screen, physical and background check required upon hire.
Diesel Mechanic - Heavy Machinery
DIESEL/HEAVY MACHINERY MECHANIC
Hamtramck Recycling is an Industrial/Commercial recycling center seeking a highly motivated and self-driven mechanic.
- Maintain and repair mobile equipment fleet
- Operating and inspecting equipment to diagnose defects
- Making recommendations for equipment to be repaired by outside sources
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machine
- Basic electrical duties
- Flexibility in work schedule to perform emergency repairs
- Providing general housekeeping to maintain a clean and safe facility
All Industrial Maintenance Technician candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of off-road heavy equipment
- Knowledge in welding, cutting and fabricating of all equipment and components
- Must have experience working on and maintaining diesel and gas engine
- Must be experienced with pneumatic/hydraulics
- Must have experience in maintaining and repairing heavy equipment
- Significant knowledge and experience in maintaining the following industrial processing equipment:
- Mobile excavators and heavy equipment ( CAT 320D, CAT 320C, JCB Wheel Loaders )
- Balers and compactors
- Diesel and Electric Hi-lo’s
Reasonable experience in repairing and rebuilding a variety of gasoline and/or diesel fuel machinery.Waste processing and handling experience preferred, but not required.
Applicants failing to meet criteria above will not be considered for this position. Only serious candidates need apply. We ask that you please include your previous wage rates as well as what you are looking for.
Industrial Machinery Mechanic
Fabco Steel is looking to hire an organized, self-starter Industrial Machinery Mechanic/Technician.
Applicant must have minimum 5 years experience in the following:
- Industrial Machinery Maintenance
- Ideal candidate will have experience working on, maintaining & repairing press brakes, shears, CNC Plasma & Laser machines, plate rollers, notches, punches, etc.
- Organized, Self-Starter, Motivated
- Knowledge in reading blue prints and diagrams & electrical schematics
- Install, maintain, repair, dismantle & rebuild machinery, valves, motors, gearboxes, pneumatics, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Knowledge and ability with basic electricity 110v, 220v, 480v
- Knowledge in power units, belt & pulley systems, driven chain systems
- Vehicle & forklift maintenance & preventative maintenance and basic repair
- Forklift Training Instructor Certification preferred
- Safety Training Coordination
- OSHA Regulations
- Lockout Tag Out Training & Implementation
- Machinery operation: drilling & tapping
- Basic plumbing
Experienced applicants only apply.
Employer offers excellent benefits plan including Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance. Holiday pay and Sick pay. Profit Sharing plan.
After over 35 years of business, we have gained a reputation for industry expertise and high standards. We are the leader of start to finish fabrication in Southern California, and a certified and highly respected L.A. City Fabricator.
No job is too small or too large for our experienced team of industry professionals. We recognize that every customer has unique needs. Therefore, we are committed to providing each customer with the specific services they require.
Fabco upholds a strong tradition of excellent customer loyalty. Our goal is to not only meet your expectations, but to exceed them.
This comes from years of experience and leadership in steel fabricating.
Mechanic / Machinery
EMSCO Inc. is one of the Inductotherm group of companies, more than 50 technology-based firms worldwide. We are the largest service company for the induction melting and heating industries in North America. Our small company environment provides large company benefits, including employment stability and opportunities for advancement. Our division in Anniston has an opening for a Machinery Mechanic. The successful candidate will be literate in blueprint reading, soldering and welding processes, use of basic hand tools and possess a good work ethic with a self-starter attitude.
Our compensation package includes vacation and holiday pay, medical insurance, 401(k) Plan
and a profit sharing plan funded by the company. Uniforms and tools provided by EMSCO.
Qualified applicants, send your cover letter including salary history and resume to:
Machinery Mechanic - - Northeast Philadelphia
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Machine Shop experience
- All phases of lndustrial troubleshooting.
- Strong mechanical skills
- Able to operate machine tools.
Apply in person: Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday....1 to 3 pm
SOUTHWARK METAL MFG. CO
2800 RED LION ROAD
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19114
PHONE: 215-735-3479, EXT 1130
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED: TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, AND FRIDAY, 1:00 TO 3:00 PM
OR FAX RESUME TO: 215-735-1312
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!