Impersonator Character Job Description Sample
Technical Character Artist
ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for a Technical Character Artist to assist with the production of characters. This technical art position will work with various members of the Figure Art team to address character rigging related issues: from in-game editing and data set up to vertex weighting adjustments. This technical artist will also be making art changes and adjustments to submitted assets, so experience with character art is important. This is a dynamic environment that will challenge you as you become a full-fledged professional game developer.
Working closely with the Outsourcing managers, other tech artists, and character artists
Preparation of armor, costumes, weapons, mounts and monsters for export into game
Evaluate all incoming outsourced art for technical issues
Adjust vertex weighting for armors, costumes, mounts, and monsters
Geo and texture adjustments on outsourced assets when necessary
Export adjusted geometry to engine
Data set up of exported assets in engine
The candidate will have to learn proprietary tools for rigging of the game-ready character meshes and internal tools for export
Ability to skin meshes to various rigs
Love of characters and animation
Strong grasp of anatomy, form, proportion and color
Intermediate+ understanding of character modeling and texturing principles
Understanding of good mesh topology for deformation
Some working experience in rigging characters for video games
Working knowledge of 3D Studio Max, Zbrush and Photoshop
Familiarity with game engines
Interest in working with and supporting Artists and Animators in the production environment
Responsive to direction
Tenacious problem solver
Strong aesthetic sense and ability to communicate creative ideas clearly
Strong communication skills in general: written & spoken
Self-sufficient and capable of independent learning
Familiarity with modular character customization systems is a plus
Experience with animation is a plus but not required
Enjoy playing MMO
Senior Character Modeler
Encore, a Deluxe Entertainment Services Group company, has a position in its visual effects department in Burbank, CA. Encore is an Emmy award winning VFX house, providing outstanding visual effects work for television and motion pictures.
Encore provides post production services to top television series and is owned by Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc.
Deluxe is the leading provider of a broad range of entertainment industry services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and an international client base.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Character Modeler with extensive background and experience in sculpting and construction high poly photo-real organic and mechanical characters. The position will be located in Burbank, CA.
Responsible for constructing photo-real high poly, as well as low poly organic models by using photo references or concepts.
Create and apply character UV's.
Work closely with the VFX Supervisor and CG Supervisor on the construction and optimization of the character modeling pipeline to improve quality and production.
Meet production deadlines.
At least 3 years of CG experience with high Polygon Organic or Mechanical Character modeling and UV'ing skills required.
At least 1 year experience in working within an episodic TV pipeline.
Ideal candidate would also possess knowledge of creating Blend Shapes and a familiarity with character rigging applications.
Extensive experience in Maya is preferred, with secondary experience in 3dsMax as bonus.
Knowledge in sculpting and modeling application such as Mari, Z-brush, Mudbox are preferred.
Must possess abilities to follow art direction and work efficiently within a collaborative production environment.
Fine arts background and proficiency working in Photoshop are a plus.
Candidate must show ability to work well under pressure and meet fast turn-around deadlines.
About Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is the global leader in digital services and technology solutions for content creation and delivery. Since 1915 Deluxe has been a trusted partner to Hollywood studios, independent filmmakers, TV networks, online content producers, brands, and anyone looking to bring stories and experiences to audiences.
Deluxe Creative companies house the world's top talent, amplified through a unified technology and business infrastructure to streamline processes, move media seamlessly, and connect our teams globally. Deluxe Delivery Solutions offer everything clients need to transform and deliver content in any format and release or broadcast window, for any recipient, to any device and destination. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York, and operations in 25 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of 7,000 of the industry's premier artists, experts, and innovators.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Turtle Rock Studios is an award-winning independent game developer best known for its work on AAA franchises like Left 4 Dead, Evolve, and Counter-Strike. We are a diverse team of inspired content creators, artists and engineers who share a passion for making fun, innovative games that gamers love to play.
Turtle Rock Studios is seeking a talented Character Artist to work on our top-secret AAA title. You will work closely with all team members to create realistic, believable and visually stunning characters and creatures. The ideal candidate will be a great team player who is self-motivated and can thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Work with the Art Director, Concept team, and Character team to develop high quality assets
- Collaborate with concept artists on character development and take those assets all the way to completion
- Work with designers and engineers to make visually stunning game art while maintaining good performance on next-gen platforms
- Communicate effectively with the team to fulfill the visual goals of game assets
- Stunning portfolio that demonstrates expertise in modeling, including hard surface and organic assets
- Experience modeling and texturing using Maya, Zbrush and Substance Painter
- Exceptional sculpting ability in ZBrush as they relate to game art workflows
- Proficiency in 2D art creation/manipulation packages, including but not limited to Photoshop
- An understanding of all current generation production workflows as they pertain to character art production
- Strong understanding of physically based shaders and rendering
- A understanding of the human form/anatomy and structure/silhouette in respect of modeling
- Ability to create and manipulating texture maps and excellent understanding of the value of UV space
- A great team-player: Self-motivated with good communication skills
- Able to accurately follow common goals and tasks whilst working under own initiative
- Strong traditional art foundations: including but not limited to figure drawing, concept art and illustration
- A passion for games
- Shipped one or more major titles on multiple Current New Gen/PC platforms as a Character Artist
- Experience with AAA First or Third Person action titles a big plus
- Familiarity with source control and asset tracking tools such as Perforce and JIRA a plus
Bonus, if you have:
Some of the benefits and perks our employees get to enjoy, include:
- Competitive salary
- 100% healthcare coverage
- 401k matching
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Generous time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Career Improvement Program
- Pet friendly office
- Fully stocked kitchens, sponsored food trucks, and more
- Discounts on products and services
Entertainment Costume Character
Act as a character and/or escort to costume characters, controlling crowds while entertaining Park Guests. Reports to Seasonal Entertainment Leads and Supervisor.
Perform as an animated character in a variety of costumes.
Entertain park guests in a professional manner. Ensure a positive experience for every guest.
Perform at onsite as well as off-site promotional events representing Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.
Act as an escort to costumed characters, controlling crowds and interacting with guests in a supported role.
Maintain Costume Character standards as set forth by WB/DC Comics.
Maintain character costumes including general cleaning and daily maintenance.
Maintain and clean character areas.
Ensure the safety of characters, guest, and animals.
Comply with all company guidelines as listed in the employee handbook.
Other duties as requested.
Prior experience in public performance preferred.
Prior public speaking experience preferred.
Must meet standards (height/build/look) as set forth by WB/DC Comics.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend, stoop, reach, twist, sit & lift up to 40 lbs
Must possess the mental and physical capacities necessary to perform the job duties.
Must be able to work in all weather conditions even in costume.
Must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
Work is performed primarily outdoors in all weather conditions. Lighting is both natural and artificial. Equipment used includes character costumes, radios, microphones and cleaning tools. Physical demands include standing, walking, dancing and supporting the weight of a heavy costume. Days and hours will vary and will include weekends, evenings and holidays. Position will require close contact with Park Guests.
Park: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom-CA36
Entertainment- Character Performer
Join Charlie, Snoopy, and the rest of the gang in this year's newest adventure. We are looking for talented dancers and movers to bring our cast of memorable characters to life!
- Performs for guests as a dancer or actor as designated by the producer/manager. • Rehearses role for assigned show as directed by the production staff • Performs role consistently for guests during several performance times per day, as assigned by management • Checks fit of costumes and reports repair needs to the proper personnel. • Performs physical and vocal warm-ups prior to performances to prevent injury • Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.• Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.• Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs. • Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies. • Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Associate Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.• Other duties may be assigned.
- Previous training in dance or character experience is preferred. • Head Shot and Resume are required.• May be required to audition.• Will be required to interview.• Must be at least 16 years of age or older.• Must be 5'4" or under.• Ability to dance and maintain choreography throughout the season as set by the Choreographer, Director or Manager of Entertainment.• Ability to demonstrate and maintain stage presence as appropriate for a specific stylized show. • Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law. • Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.• Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
Character Modeler (Salt Lake City)
Epic Games Salt Lake City is searching for an experienced Character Modeler to collaborate with the art team of Fortnite and other titles. In this role, you will create awesome, top-quality character models in Unreal Engine 4 and push the quality of visual effects while being a solid communicator and team player.
Creating characters, enemies, and weapons based on concept art or reference photos
Collaborating with the art director and concept artists to set the visual style and quality bar
Ability to build clean, highly animate-able topology
Ability to give and receive feedback with concept artists and character artists
Forward thinking and have the ability to help the team refine technical pipelines to continue to push the boundaries of real-time character performance
Must have a strong reel/portfolio showing executed game character modeling work, and at least one shipped title
Ability to create believable characters that are full of life and personality
Ability to create high-poly and low-poly models as well as textures
Intimate knowledge of human anatomy and form
The ability to adapt to and innovate new styles and techniques
Strong organic modeling skills (human faces, clothing, believable creatures)
Strong hard-surface modeling skills (armor, weapons)
Knowledge of major 3D software packages (Maya, Max, or Modo, and ZBrush)
Experience painting textures in Photoshop, from hand or based on texture reference
Experience tuning (or creating) surface shaders for real-time rendered characters
Experience with skin weighting, rigging, and animation
Experience with stylized art is a plus
Strong problem-solving skills and a passion for cutting-edge game development
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to interact with a variety of developers in a tight-knit team
If you'd like to be part of building a visually stunning game we'd love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio.
This is going to be Epic!
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Duties will include performing as a body/fur-suit character in a show while following specific blocking and dance choreography, greeting, and entertaining our park guests with enthusiasm and high animation. Absolutely must have a positive, can-do attitude, energy and love creating FUN experiences! Interested applicants must be able to carry and wear 5 to 20 pounds of costume weight, be able to work in crowds, heat, and cold for up to 45-minute intervals, and be able to perform specific choreographed movements during show
Short LT Characters must be between 4'8" and 5'6" and be thin to medium build.
Tall LT Characters must be between 5'7" and 5'10" and be thin to medium build.
Constantly standing, talking, climbing walking, reaching, using finger movement, grasping, feeling, speaking clearly, hearing conversation, using hearing acuity, seeing near far, stooping, bending, kneeling.
Working in extreme heat, sun, cold, wetness, humidity and temperature change.
All lifts over 51 lbs. require help from a coworker or mechanical device.
Overtime of adults may be required from time to time to accommodate the business need.
Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain-CA06
Lead Character Artist
Lead Character Artist
Have a passion for creating clothing for video game characters? Liquid Development is looking for character artists that specialize in creating realistic clothing for characters in Marvelous Designer. You will work as a key member of our art team creating high quality realistic character outfits. This position requires a keen eye for detail as well as a strong sense of design mixed with video game art production methods. We are looking to hire for internal positions but are willing to work with remote positions.
Here is a brief list of responsibilities and requirements:
- Strong character portfolio with an emphasis on clothing
- Ability to take and process feedback in a timely manner
- 2 + years in game character modeling
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- A strong artistic sense, proactive personality, and eagerness to learn new techniques
- Desire to lead a team of artists and provide feedback is also a plus
- Ability to adapt to a variety of visual styles common in game production
Proficiency in the following programs:
About Liquid Development
Liquid Development was founded in 2000 and is the largest outsourcing art studio in North America. We offer a fun and cooperative work atmosphere, where collaboration is encouraged among a diversely talented team to remain on the cutting edge of content creation. Everyday Liquid Development is producing work at the forefront of modern game production and the demands for our services continue to grow. Batman, Halo, Mass Effect, Borderlands - Liquid Development is the team these titles turn to when they need the best.
Please send your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
PTO, Dental, Vision, Medical
Seasonal Entertainment Character
Role is responsible for costume character appearances and maintaining character integrity. Entertainment Characters are required to interact with guests, Team Members, and supervisors on a daily basis. Additionally, Entertainment Characters are required to continuously work outdoors and closely with others. Characters occasionally will work alone and will always be exposed to direct sunlight, dust, dirt, and water. Character must be able to function in all weather conditions including extreme heat for long periods of time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Must be able to promote the park with the utmost enthusiasm and pride.
Will make costumed appearances as seen necessary by department management/standards
Perform your character in accordance with Warner Brothers Guidelines
Maintain illusion of costume characters
Will provide needed daily care and upkeep to costumed characters outfits and accessories
Must swipe in and out each day to receive correct pay for the week
Maintain proper attendance
Must be on time for all character sets
Ensure guest safety and satisfaction in their stay at Six Flags
Ensure standards of performance for all areas within their responsibilities are met
Maintain a clean working environment both in guest view and behind the scenes
Resolve guest concerns that may arise on a daily basis
Respond to any emergency situation in the area and maintain control until an area supervisor arrives
Ensure that image, cleanliness and courtesy standards are met
Refrain from consuming any substance that may impair judgment
Cooperate with all team members and managers
Complete any and all tasks as requested by Six Flags Management
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
Outgoing and friendly demeanor
Willing to actively engage guests
Must be able to perform in 15-30 lb. costume
At least 16 years of age
Must have excellent customer service skills
Able to communicate effectively in the English language, including the ability to read, speak, and understand the English language
Available to work flexible hours at nights and on weekends
Requires continuous sitting, standing, bending, hand/eye coordination, near vision, hearing and speech. Requires frequent walking, lifting, kneeling, manual dexterity, gross motor skills. Requires using a telephone/radio
Must be able to stand/walk for up to 6 hours at a time and as many as 14 hours a day
Must be able to walk up to 3 miles per day over various surfaces
Must be able to lift 25 lbs consistently
Must be able to lift and lower 5 lbs above shoulder level
For audition dates and times, please visit https://sixflags.com/greatadventure under the "Events" tab.
Park: Six Flags Great Adventure-NJ05
Purpose: Engage and entertain all park guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Meet and greet all park patrons throughout all operating days.
Make appearances at special park functions.
Assist in costume maintenance and repair.
Maintain the highest standards of safety.
Be a reliable member of the team. This includes always arriving to work on time and for your scheduled shift.
Escort and assist costumed characters around the park.
Requires keeping your work location and the park clean and sanitary for all guests and team members.
Never be seen in less than full costume (character costume as well as escort uniform).
Any job related functions as required by department.
Occasionally serve as an usher for other entertainment venues in the park.
Maintain professional standards in accordance with all Six Flags policies
Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to stand for long extended periods of time in varied weather conditions, including heat and rain.
Must be able to perform in an enclosed costume, having limited sight lines.
Must be at least 16 years old.
Positive attitude and work ethic.
Height and weight requirements for proper fit in costumes.
Have a good attitude, good appearance, and participate as a member of the team.
Will be required to work various shifts as project and park needs dictate, including nights, weekends and holidays
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Computer literacy. Strong knowledge of all Microsoft applications.
Must have the ability to walk, crouch, bend, stoop, kneel and lift up to forty pounds occasionally.
Park: Six Flags America-MD09
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!