Impregnator Operator Job Description Sample
NOR Molder Impregnator 1 - 2Nd Shift
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today! GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Unison Industries, a wholly owned subsidiary of GE Aviation, is a world leader in the design and manufacture of electrical components, sensors and systems for aircraft, industrial, marine, military and space. Unison’s products span the globe and can be found on almost anything flying – from two place trainer airplanes to giant 747’s and rockets traveling to space. We presently have an opening for a 2nd Shift Molder / Impregnator, working from 3:30 PM to 12:0 AM.
In this role, you will:
Participate in and support team initiatives
Receive guidance from higher level employees
Cross-train other employees as needed based upon knowledge and experience
Compliantly complete all written and / or electronic labor tracking documentation
Report problems to appropriate resource and / or Coach
Keep all shift operators informed on special problems involving operation or set up
Communicate with team to ensure all team members are aware of new processes and / or issues
May assist with prototype or first time builds with guidance from higher level employees
Assists Engineering and / or Team in development and / or improvement of layout procedures and process sheets
Review expiration date of materials to ensure materials are current
Mix basic impregnation compounds following formulas outlined on process sheets with guidance as needed
Select oven program functions
Assist in certification review of expired material according to product specifications
Maintain proper documentation including but not limited to oven charts, viscosity data, etc. with oversight from higher level employee(s)
Soak, apply pressure, and vacuum
Clean fixtures, vacuum chamber, vacuum hood, and tanks with solvents
Safely clean parts at high temperature exposures
Possess ability to perform multiple functions simultaneously (i.e. – while parts are curing, perform set up of other parts)
Perform daily machine preventative maintenance
Proactively work to improve efficiency and quality of products
Good housekeeping skills
Utilize proper PPE, safety equipment, and follow safety procedures
Other duties as required per department
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment. Qualifications/
High School Diploma / GED
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: + This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Ability and willingness to work second shift
Ability and willingness to use basic hand tools and measuring devices (Zahn cup, thermometer, mixer, verniers, ruler, calipers, step gauge, Exacto Knives, Dremmels, etc.) with training
Proficiency in the use of basic computer applications
Basic understanding of blueprint and process sheet interpretation
Understanding of basic mathematical principles (basic geometry and ability to perform mathematical calculations with ratios, fractions, and decimals)
Previous manufacturing experience
Prior experience working with resins, varnishes, epoxies, and understanding of basic chemical safety; Prior experience working with solvent ovens.
Prior experience in a self-directed teaming environment
Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
Lean manufacturing knowledge Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:
@geconnections at http://bit.ly/geconnections
Locations: United States; New York; NorwichGE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Overview Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. Come join our team!
Responsibilities Monitors and loads material as needed to safely produce quality backer, décor and overlay products.
Ensures compliance with all company safety rules and procedures.
Assists the shift leader in directing and coordinating the activities of all shift employees, temps, etc., who are engaged in production process.
Assists the shift leader as needed, to meet production goals.
Reads and analyzes charts, work orders, or production schedules to determine production requirements.
Fills in for shift leaders and can perform all production aspects of the shift leader’s role.
Fills in for team members as needed.
Recommends or implements measures to motivate employees and improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
Inspects materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
Demonstrates equipment operations or work procedures to new employees.
Monitors or patrols work area and enforces safety and housekeeping policies.
Prepares, loads and consumes raw materials, including testing
Controls and tests finish product, adjusts machine settings.
Packages and produces finished product.
Operates IFA system (manual batching, recipe changes, start-up and shutdown production orders)
Operates Locus software, pulls rolls for upcoming production run, can locate and move pal and brl within the system.
Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
High School Diploma or equivalent experience
Achieves minimum acceptable levels on Work Keys assessment tests for Applied Mathematics, Applied Technology, Locating Information and Reading for Information
Three + years in a manufacturing environment. Prefer experience in chemical handling and/or coating
Experience with data analysis techniques and process improvement methods
Previous experience in a production environment preferably with Paper impregnation and saturation.
Coaching, team work, and strong communication skills across all levels of the organization
Skilled in the use of office software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and have a working knowledge of production planning systems
Work with automation, production, and quality computer systems
Ability to work independently and possess strong organizational skills
Able to work with automation, production, and quality computer systems
Printer Operator /Print Press Operator /Print Press Setup Operator
Printer Operator /Print Press Operator /Print Press Setup Operator
We are actively seeking for a talented, polished and professional Printer Operator /Print Press Operator /Print Press Setup Operator with one of our technology client in
Scranton, Pennsylvania .
Industry: Technology Client
Required level of education: Minimum High School Diploma
Duration: 10 - 12+ Months (Possible temp to hire)
Rate: $14.72/hr; W2
- Experience in Print Press operation and Mailroom operation is highly preferred.
- Operate digital and color equipment as required
- Possesses skills and competencies to deliver contracted customer requirements
- Point of contact to receive, review and electronically log customer jobs
- Operate standard finishing equipment (e.g. paper cutters, inserter, laminating, and hole punchers)
- Operate office/production equipment (printer, copier, fax, scan)
- Apply asset tags to office equipment and update database
- Track and coordinate the move, add or change of office equipment assets at customer accounts
- Process basic forms and update information using a PC Collect and submit meter reads
- Respond to print /copy equipment issues by contacting service personnel using specific PC applications
- Operate high volume printers and copiers as required
- Operate high volume folding and inserting mail equipment
Able to demonstrate computer skills Functional knowledge of PC (keyboard functions, mouse, etc.) Able to demonstrate Intermediate use of: MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Web, Internet, and Intranet -- Create spreadsheets -- Use standard formulas -- Sort -- Filter, and create graphs -- Import/export information -- Embed files into applications -- Move data between Word and Excel Able to demonstrate ability to use / locate devices (drives, files, printers) attached to network Able to demonstrate ability to send and receive emails , find, open and save documents and files, perform data entry Able to demonstrate ability to use internet explorer for web browsing , send documents to preconfigured printer. Able to demonstrate basic math skills (division, multiplication, percentages) Able to demonstrate business maturity and professionalism.
Press Operator - Manufacturing - Machine Operator
Our company strives to be the first choice in metal fabrication and manufacturing with a commitment to excellence. Our company’s core values are safety, accountability, customer-focused, respectful, and teamwork. Our employees work as a team and pay close attention to every detail of production from start to finish. Our facilities are 175,000 square feet of clean and safe work space and we are looking for candidates to join our growing team.
Press Operator Requirements
- Experience in manufacturing/press operating
- Ability to work 1st or 2nd shift
- Ability to read and comprehend measurements
- Safety and Quality conscious
Press Operator Compensation and Benefits
- Up to $15.00 per hour based on experience
- Comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, and vision available after a probationary period
Power Plant Operator / Boiler Operator
This position provides a career path for MN 2nd Class A Licensed Boiler Operators.
*Provided the applicant meets contractual certifications, licensing and time served the applicant may be eligible to be promoted.
Promotional Opportunities: OP2/MM2 - Salary:
$19.41 - $30.04
OP3/MM3 - Salary: $20.97 - $32.45
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of one (1) year experience in the operation and maintenance of high-pressure steam and electric power generation systems. Experience in resource recovery desirable.
Under the direct supervision of the Shift Supervisor and/or Supervising System Operator and with guidance of the Systems Operator 2, operates and maintains high pressure steam heating and electric generating equipment at a refuse-fired power plant on an assigned shift.
- Operates and maintains stokers, fans, hydraulic systems, and pollution control systems associated with a refuse or conventionally fired boiler
- Operates and maintains high voltage electric generation and distribution equipment
- Operates auxiliary equipment including pumps, heat exchangers, ash conveyors and condensers.
- Operates a refuse feed crane and maintains proper refuse storage pit conditions
- Monitors and controls makeup water purification equipment
- Monitors and controls refuse tipping floor operations
- Assists in maintaining the operating log of all power plant parameters on the shift
- Performs miscellaneous housekeeping in and around the work area
- May assist in the training of students and other employees
- Performs other related work as assigned
- Completes necessary reports and records related to the monitoring and maintenance of equipment
- Valid MN 2nd Class A Boiler's License
- Knowledge of the principles and practices involved in the operation and maintenance of high-pressure boilers, furnaces and related support equipment
- Ability to read and record data from gauges, meters and microprocessor based data acquisition systems and accurately interpret such data
- Ability to understand and comply with written and verbal operating procedures and instructions
- Ability to act quickly and calmly in emergency situations with the assistance of the Systems Operator 2
Operator / Operator Trainee (Off Of I70 And Peoria)
COLORADO Privately-owned Commercial Printer has immediate openings at both of its Metro Denver locations. We are a leading commercial web printer in the Western U.S. providing print and fulfillment services to catalogues & specialty magazine customers across the nation. Reply today to work in a fast-paced print manufacturing environment. WE OFFER OUTSTANDING BENEFITS.
We are currently hiring for Operator(s). Position is responsible for overseeing, directing and working along-side crew assigned to machine on shift.
Primary Position Duties:
Responsible for team achieving production requirements
Follows proper procedural guidelines
Oversees, directs and is responsible for entire crew assigned to machine on shift
Receives and understands production schedule
Responsible for basic maintenance of machinery
Trains other crew members when needed, passing on knowledge and experience
Follows all safety measures as instructed and makings sure crew does same
Other duties as assigned
Position works 8 hours shifts, Monday – Friday, we have 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts available at the I70 and Dahlia Location
Position works 11 or 12 hour shifts, 3 on, 4 off rotating schedule at the Santa Fe and Evans Location
$15.00-$18.00 - DOE
Paid Vacation & Holidays
401(k) after 6 months’ employment and age 21
Qualified applicants must:
Be able to lift up to 50 lbs. as required through the shift and from time to time.
Be able to operate a pallet jack, or be willing to learn
Be able to operate a forklift, or be willing to learn
5+ years of prior Machine Operator experience.
Preferred Qualifications include:
Previous experience operating the following types of machines:
Printing Press Equipment
We take care of every aspect of the project from printing and binding to mailing and shipping, on time and on budget. With over 450 employees, Publication Printers Corp. operates 24/7, using state-of the art technology and equipment. This high level of efficiency allows us to provide top quality at competitive prices.
Our Mission Statement:
Publication Printers Corp. will provide quality, commercial offset web printing at competitive prices meeting or exceeding our customers' expectations.
We will focus on service, honesty and excellence to ensure satisfied and repeat customers.
We will remain focused on technological advancements and integrate them into our manufacturing processes.
We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint. We will consistently offer options to our customers and continue to purchase product from well-managed forests that are produced in an environmentally sound method.
We will provide a safe and supportive environment for our employees. We will offer a workplace that encourages growth and promotes pride in workmanship.
2Nd Press Operator / Feeder Operator
Vision Graphics is a mid-sized, privately owned Denver printing, direct mail and marketing services company. We are seeking a qualified candidate for an opening in our pressroom. We are looking for an energetic go-getter who seeks opportunities for growth in his or her career. The ideal candidate is a team-player, seeking an opportunity to learn, develop and advance.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist First Press Operator in the set up and efficient operation of 8-color HUV, 40” Komori sheetfed press – ensuring on-time, high quality and quantity.
- Read and understand the department schedule, job ticket and specifications.
- Work with Receiving to stage materials for print jobs using a pallet jack or forklift.
- Load printing plates for next job.
- With First Press Operator, use computer systems to setup and calibrate print jobs.
- Inspect materials and products for defects, and to ensure it meets job specifications.
- Assist First Press Operator in making adjustments, performing maintenance, making minor repairs to the equipment, and keeping press area clean and organized at all times.
- Work with management and press team to set, measure and achieve productivity goals.
- Must be available for required overtime based on business needs.
- Must be proactive with completing other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience as a press feeder operator, second press operator or pressman.
- Must be a motivated self-starter and eager to learn, grow, and seek future promotion.
- Must be organized, mechanically inclined, and be able to maintain attention to detail.
- Must be patient and able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must be able to follow instructions, be teachable, and able to multi-task.
- Must have basic knowledge of and be comfortable with computers and software.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and re-stack up to 50 lbs throughout a work shift.
This is a full-time, regular position. Benefits include paid vacation, health and dental insurance, and 401(k). Pre-employment screening required.
Manufacturing - Machine Operator - Plastics Machine Operator - Molding
Job Title: Operator
Location: Delano, MN
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The employees in this position are responsible for the overall operations of the machine and the manufacturing of good quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
(The essential duties and responsibilities will have been satisfactorily completed when the following are demonstrated) Note: This only pertains to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and is not all inclusive of the entire performance evaluation process. Acceptable performance is based on first time quality of molded parts, machine productivity and work area cleanliness and organization.
Copier/Scanner/Fax, Computer, Phone System, Welding Equipment, Lathe and Mill Operation, Hand and Power Tools, Forklift, Ladders
- understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- understand problems, collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- communicate with individuals face to face; requires ability to hear and speak effectively.
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and quickly.
- orally and in writing, communicate technical information.
- add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- be able to see and hear 8+ hours per day.
- have visual acuity to perform activities such as running production machines, etc.
- possess good manual and finger dexterity (working with small bolts, nuts, screws, adding inserts, flushing out parts, flaming parts, etc.).
- sit, stand and walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- work at a rapid speed, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, stoop, reach and grasp 8+ hours per day for activities such as working on equipment, making repairs, etc.
- work in confined, tight spaces. Requires continuous finger movement and keyboard usage for carrying and using equipment, tools, etc. Extensive wrist movement is required.
- lift 50+ pounds, unaided on a regular basis. (hoists are available and should be used for parts and molds that exceed this weight level).
- use hand tools.(i.e, power drills, hammers, routers, etc).
- Exposed to heat, cold and potential internal temperature changes up to 8+ hours per day. Exposed to outside working environment when salvaging parts, roof and grounds work. Exposed to solvents when part cleaning, acids/corrosives when cleaning floor, dust, dirt, fumes/vapors/gases from plastics processes, ovens and propane tanks.
This position works independently 8+ hours per day and occasionally works directly with others. Must be able to work the hours/shift required. Ability to work additional hours, as needed to accommodate issues that may arise in the 24-hour operation.
This position exists in a production and shop environment, with occasional need to enter the office.
Personal Protection Equipment
- Eye safety glasses necessary to enter production area.Hearing protection must be worn when excessive noise is present on the production floor and in the shop.
Solar Plastics, LLC provides employees with a wide variety of benefits that include:
Life, AD&D & Dependent Life Insurance
Long-Term and Short-term Disability
Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Plan
Automatic Payroll Deposit Availability
Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator
Fast growing, highly regarded leader in the full-service branding industry has an outstanding opportunity for an Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator who is hard working, reliable, accurate and able to work second shift.
· Are you an impact player who has a sharp attention to detail?
· Are you an Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator who likes to be challenged on a daily basis?
· Are you a difference maker who likes to work in fast paced environment with shifting priorities and deadlines?
If this sounds like you we would like to talk with you about joining our team as an Embroidery Operator/ Machine Operator!
Club Colors is a global brand management solutions provider offering a high quality promotional products and branded apparel at cost effective prices with the highest level of customer service in the industry. Our team invests the time and energy to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations in everything we do. Collectively we are one team that makes a dynamic impact.
We are looking for impact players and difference makers. The Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator should be positive and strong sense of detail. Experience with Tajima Embroidery Machines is a plus but will train the right Embroidery Operator /Machine Operator and offer a salary commensurate with experience.
· Serious Applicants Only
Asphalt Paver Operator / Screed Operator
The position should have extensive knowledge of paving operations, equipment, quality control measures, and standard procedures. Strong work ethic and willingness to work as a team to efficiently complete jobs to the highest customer satisfaction.
- Perform paver pre-check including all fluid levels per checklist before starting
- Work with screed operator for paver set up and set up automatic controls to ensure straight consistent joints on both sides – It's imperative to create clean lines.
- Maintain production rates and paver speed for highest quality optimizing trucking, rolling and finishing.
- Communicate any issues, concerns or problems to paving foreman throughout the shift.
- Assist paving crew with quality control corrections while mat is still hot and clean up between trucks or during breaks in paving.
- Check all manholes and water valves after paving to ensure they are turned up to proper grade and properly cleaned during that shift
- Post Shift – Clean paver and job, breakdown or stage the machine in designated locations.
- Train and cross train crew members as requested.
- Perform all paving aspects as needed
- Work as a team
- Experience preferred but not mandatory. We will train if needed
- Must be available to work on Saturday and Sundays as well as work overtime during the paving season
- Ability to be self-motivating, dependable, a team player, and perform duties with little supervision.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and more.
- Must have valid Driver's License and reliable transportation to and from work sites.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!