Induction Coordination Power Engineer Job Description Sample
Critical Power Field Service Engineer
Critical Power Service Engineer – Jersey City, NJ
As a fully competent Engineer, will apply an intensive and diversified knowledge of complete start-up, testing and operations. Responsible for commissioning, maintaining and providing emergency support on power electronics at customers’ sites within their respective regional coverage area. Performs commissioning focused design reviews, prepares commissioning test procedures and reports, coordinates and oversees on-site testing. When not in field involved in preventive maintenance, emergency response, equipment start-up and/or field modification, candidate will occasionally train at the company’s headquarters testing equipment or rebuilding older systems. Discuss with technical support problems related to maintenance or operation of equipment. Candidate will participate in the development and or follow Methods of Procedures (MOPs). Consults with supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments.Candidate will be home based.
- Preferably 2-6+ years experience in this field and ability to troubleshoot down to component level on equipment such as UPS, batteries, PDU’s / Power Distribution Units, Static Automatic Transfer Switches, Branch Circuit Monitoring, and other electrical equipment
- Utilizes hand tools and test equipment to perform work
- Requires excellent verbal, written communication skills & customer relation skills
- Must be able to provide high level of quality customer service
- Must be able to complete Field Service Reports within a timely manner
- Requires knowledge of equipment manufacturer’s specifications
- Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiatives
- Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting between 50 -100lbs during certain procedures
- Must be able to provide necessary pro-active recommendations to clients
- Candidate must be willing to work nights & weekends when necessary
- Knowledge of general computer hardware & software applications
- UPS OEM factory training or experience in Liebert / Emerson , APC / MGE , or Eaton / Powerware , a plus
- Technical degree a plus
- Previous military experience and training a plus
- Ability to read and understand one line drawings and schematics.
- Open to regional travel
- Must be a US Citizen
- Clean driving record
Please send any interests or resumes to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 11359904 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://jobs.pkaza.com
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Responsible for the maintenance and reliability of the plant power distribution system including: AC systems (utilizing 138kV, 34.5kV, 25kV, 13.8kV, 6.9kV, 4.16kV, 2.3kV, 480V, 230V) and DC systems (rated at 750VDC and 250VDC), plant rotating equipment and air compressors.
Manage and coordinate Electric, Air & Water (EAW) department and/or contracted personnel in maintenance and engineering projects and outages.
Prepare drawings and specifications for equipment and materials to be installed in the power distribution system with a focus on improving cost and time efficiency.
Inspect and test completed installations for safety standards as well as conformance with design and equipment specifications.
Responsible for EAWs documentation involving safety, quality, environmental and maintenance.
Respond to all calls regarding power outages, equipment failures, and production delays. Locate the resources required to return equipment to operational condition.
Utilize planned outages and scheduled production downturns to perform preventative and predictive maintenance.
Perform other duties as assigned
Implement electrical safe work practices throughout the plant.
Conduct safety audits, pre-job briefings and hazard assessments.
Authorize switching orders for outages on the electrical distribution system.
Organize, plan and schedule the annual maintenance outage.
Schedule preventive maintenance for electrical, water and pneumatic distribution.
Schedule predictive maintenance for main drives and utilities.
Interact with outside electric utility for switching of lines and power curtailment.
Comply with federal and state environmental laws.
Track department costs and charges.
Develop new engineer succession planning.
Work safely and assure plant safety policies are followed
Assist plant electrical technicians in troubleshooting and improving plant systems
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
Full understanding and working knowledge of AC and DC Power circuits, including respective drives.
Fully understand the electrical safety standards and the hazards associated with electricity.
Knowledge of electrical construction and standards associated with it.
3-5 years Industrial/manufacturing power distribution experience.
Ability to coordinate and execute a multitude of projects with minimal supervision within the allotted time and budget.
Good troubleshooting and team building
Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, and time management skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Ability to lift more than 25 pounds on occasion
Climbing, kneeling, bending, stooping, walking, use of hands, etc. is required
Experience in a union environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and fill job requirements by selecting from the available labor force those applicants best qualified to perform the work in safety to themselves and others. ArcelorMittal Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Post Silicon Server Power Engineer
This is a great way to get your foot in the door!
Located in Raleigh, NC
$43 to $54/hour
Are you a pro at maintaining development schedules and providing on-time deliveries? How about executing complex development efforts from planning through development, execution and test? If so, we want to talk to you!
We are seeking a Post Silicon Server Power Engineer to assist with measuring, analyzing, and reporting the Power dissipation of our client's new 64-bit ARMv8 based Server SOC ASICs. You will master, improve, and run the tools needed for test automation of several performance and TDP workloads. You will analyze active and idle power recording results and perform regressions with evolving power SW/HW features.
Other responsibilities include:
- Utilize Thermal Control units and Thermal Chambers to drive high temperature SOC and platform power analysis.
- Develop associated scripting, control automation, and data recording.
- CPU, bus, and system power/thermal feature validation, tuning, and correlation are also required. Correlation of pre-silicon model to silicon power will also be performed.
- 2+ years of industry experience with large SOC designs and platform operation based on the Linux OS and platform performance/power measurement.
- 1+ years of Python development experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, high motivation, ability to learn quickly, and must be a self-starter.
- Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
- Platform performance/power measurement.
- Python scripting for maintenance of telemetry/automation code.
- Knowledge of running SPEC2006 benchmarks.
- Understanding of key SOC power domains such as CPU, Bus, DDR, PCIe.
- Automated testing and verification techniques and reporting.
- Linux and Windows scripting (Bash, Perl, PowerShell, etc.).
- FW Tuning for power/thermal management.
- JTAG and/or ETM based debug environments.
- Lauterbach/Trace-32 with PRACTICE scripting language experience.
- Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Senior Power Distribution Engineer
- Design and manage major projects such as new equipment installation, upgrades, etc. Projects range from $100K to $5M.
- Analyze project requirements, identify and address design parameters, review engineering challenges and ensure solutions are timely and within budget.
- Work closely with vendors, local utility company, consultants, corporate personnel, and manage external contractors on installations and maintenance.
- Lead site electrical safety program; this includes maintaining site arc flash study, providing technical guidance on electrical safe work practices, and training personnel on electrical safety. Creating design specifications and complete all needed documentation. Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- Design and troubleshoot high/medium voltage electrical distribution systems, including experience with electrical distribution equipment such as 12.5kV switchgear, distribution transformers, protective relays, motor control centers, motors, adjustable speed drives, and industrial lighting.
- Familiarity with PLC programming and energy monitoring software.
- Develop and administer site electrical practices, procedures, and preventative maintenance and reliability programs.
- Give technical guidance on electrical design and installation for maintenance and production equipment capital projects.
- Project assignments may include planning, designing, materials procurement, project management and project accounting (budgeting, estimating, forecasting). Assist with engineering studies and investigations and in preparation of oral and written reports.
- Electrical, software design for automation and safety systems. Maintain project scope/schedule and identify scope creep.
- Create documentation such as training documents, program backup, network diagrams, electrical drawings, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering & 5 + years related job experience
- Designing electrical control system knowledge for automated equipment
- Understanding of relevant electrical requirements and machine safety standards
- Strong technically hands-on oriented engineer with clearly demonstrated experience and a track record of deploying modern power systems.
- Experience with power quality management and 480/4160V equipment energy optimization.
- Understanding of industry trends, direction and standards that guide new technology offerings, and uses technology and market intelligence to provide strategic recommendations on initiatives to achieve business objectives.
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able to work independently and in team environments.
- Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment.
Civil Engineer Iii/Sr - Four Corners Power Plant
Four Corners Power Plant is looking for a Civil Engineer III/Sr who will independently provide technical engineering, design, economic and analytical support to participate in the development of long-range system plans and conducting of engineering RFP's, proposals and presentations. Share accountability with others to accomplish sales, retention, DSM, and other applicable goals. May be primary company contact and sales representative for assigned trade ally companies. Influence trade allies to design and install energy efficient electrical equipment to support marketing and sales goals. Perform professional engineering/marketing tasks, requiring skills and experience gained through application of engineering methods and analysis. Requires some supervision or guidance. Has increasing responsibility for technical decisions and interpretations. Provide limited technical guidance and leadership to others as needed. Ensure reliability and safe operations and propose economical solutions to be budgeted. Subject to shift work.
- Experience working with earthen dams
Engineer III Minimum Requirements
Requires Bachelor's degree in Engineering (applicable engineering discipline specific to area of assignment)
Plus five (5) years working experience
OR 9 years equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional Engineer designation required for this position
Must possess comprehensive knowledge of energy analysis, engineering applications, business, and finance, working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, practices, and methods in the area of individual's discipline. EIT and Certified Energy Managers certificate preferred. Must have good understanding of construction, operating and engineering practices; safety rules; company policies and union agreements.
Engineer Sr Minimum Requirements
Requires Bachelors degree in Engineering (applicable engineering discipline specific to area of assignment)
Plus eight (8) years engineering experience
Or 12 years equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
Professional Engineer designation required for this position
(Fossil requirements; the latter is to be approved by a Technical Review Board).
Must possess in depth knowledge of energy analysis, engineering applications, business, and finance, applicable codes, standards practices and methods in the area of assigned discipline. In-depth understanding of construction, operating and engineering practices safety rules company policies and union agreements.
- Ensure engineering design, project control, schedule commitments, or oversight work is technically sound, cost effective, and in compliance with established standards, codes, and regulations and adequate reliability will be maintained in future years.
- Enhance department performance and productivity and / or unit performance by formulating, coordinating and performing heat rate testing and then recommending improvements.
- Independently performs moderately complex engineering analyses, distribution planning and establishes baseline performance data on new and existing equipment.
- Maintain knowledge of integrated electrical systems, political climate, economic situation and technical trends and developments among customers & utilities in company marketing area. Using engineering and technical skills, develop inter utility agreements which dictate and define the operation of company electrical system. Maintain control of capital and O&M project costs within authorized budgets and assist in their timely implementation or installation. Maintain accurate and complete fuel and purchase power cost and usage information for official budgeting purposes and rate design work by performing detailed system simulation. Maintain the highest level of employee and public safety while adhering to Labor Agreement and Accident Prevention Manual.
- Assist in the development of the optimum schedule for future transmission additions by balancing technical, economics, environmental, reliability, regulatory and other factors. Assist Customer Account Reps in the sales process by assessing customer technology applications to achieve common goals. Assist in legal, licensing and other reporting requirements relating to future resource additions.
- Provide consulting services to advise/assistance internal and external customers on end use technologies, effective field support, leadership, training, support & technical assistance.
- Prepares technical reviews, analyses, investigations, verifications and designs. Prepares, presents and sells study results both in writing and orally to management, customers, and/or trade allies in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Develop and implement strategies and concepts to ensure profitable that meet or exceed revenue goals and objectives in a highly competitive marketplace. Develop computer models of boilers, turbine cycles, etc., to evaluate performance and report the economic impact of equipment or unit performance. Develop and prepare profit center analyses for potential municipal takeovers. Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with customers/utilities in our marketing area and be the customers'/utilities first point of contact and main resource for all dealings with company.
- Analyze, prepare, negotiate and administer contracts for wholesale sales, joint participation, purchase and sale of resources/facilities/electric systems and others, all of which fall outside company established guidelines and procedures. Analyze and recommend pricing concepts which enhance company's' competitiveness and provide for better utilization of generation resources while maximizing revenues. Analyze equipment vibration problems and recommend corrective actions.
Prevent catastrophic plant equipment failure, and minimize unit load curtailment by periodic vibration monitoring, vibration analysis, and balancing of rotating equipment.
10) Participate in professional associations, governmental and private agencies and educational organizations to leverage their activities and network with trade allies.
Electrical Engineer Iii/Sr. - Four Corners Power Plant
Four Corners Power Plant is looking for an Electrical Engineer III/Sr who will independently provide technical engineering, design, economic and analytical support to participate in the development of long-range system plans and conducting of engineering RFP's, proposals and presentations. Share accountability with others to accomplish sales, retention, DSM, and other applicable goals.
May be primary company contact and sales representative for assigned trade ally companies. Influence trade allies to design and install energy efficient electrical equipment to support marketing and sales goals. Perform professional engineering/marketing tasks, requiring skills and experience gained through application of engineering methods and analysis.
Requires some supervision or guidance. Has increasing responsibility for technical decisions and interpretations. Provide limited technical guidance and leadership to others as needed.
Ensure reliability and safe operations and propose economical solutions to be budgeted. Subject to shift work.
Engineer III Minimum Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (applicable engineering discipline specific to area of assignment) from an accredited college or university or Professional Engineer designation plus five (5) years working experience or 9 years equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess comprehensive knowledge of energy analysis, engineering applications, business, and finance, working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, practices, and methods in the area of individual's discipline. Must have good understanding of construction, operating and engineering practices; safety rules; company policies and union agreements.
Sr. Engineer Minimum Requirements
Requires Bachelors degree in Engineering (applicable engineering discipline specific to area of assignment) plus eight (8) years engineering experience, or Professional Engineer designation plus eight (8) years engineering experience or 12 years equivalent combination of technical education and experience. (Fossil requirements; the latter is to be approved by a Technical Review Board). Must possess in depth knowledge of energy analysis, engineering applications, business, and finance, applicable codes, standards practices and methods in the area of assigned discipline. In-depth understanding of construction, operating and engineering practices safety rules company policies and union agreements.
- Make decisions and recommendations that have a moderate effect on the overall organization performance. Has long term impact.
- Typically influential in setting long term goals and objectives.
Is depended upon regularly in one or more areas of engineering expertise with depth of knowledge in related field or wide breadth of engineering knowledge in general fields. Understands engineering technology and process concepts for the organization and processes.
3) Contacts customers and various levels of management to obtain or present technical data. Presents the results of designs, studies projects (in terms of new techniques) or approaches to subordinates, colleagues, management and customers.
4) Requires defined overall goals. Has capability to work without appreciable direction. Work is reviewed from a long-term perspective, mainly for results. Establishes most effective solution to problems. Sought out for solutions that are acted on as a final technical basis for decisions.
5) Develops and applies technical solutions which require original and creative approaches. Provides unique solutions and applications to a broad range of technical problems.
6) Plans, coordinates, sets priorities, and applies resources on complex projects or processes.
7) Takes initiative to eliminate barriers and uses resources to ensure desired results.
8) Independently reviews complex-engineering analyses prepares complex engineering plans, specifications, cost estimates, evaluations, Studies, technical reviews, investigations and verifications.
9) Prepares checks and reviews non-standard analysis, evaluations, and investigations of others.
10) Provides technical guidance and leadership to technically subordinate personnel.
11) Identifies potential schedule or quality problems and initiates corrective action.
12) Integrates the many interrelated elements of complex projects that are broad in scope, require considerations not previously encountered and requires interpretation and/or modification to guidelines. Complies with design, regulatory, operating and maintenance requirements.
Staff Engineer - Power Electronics Mechanical Design
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the detailed mechanical and thermal system and component design, simulation and analysis of power electronics systems to meet technical product requirements
- Perform the mechanical and thermal test, characterization, and validation of power electronics design Specify, identify, select, and test of key, critical mechanical components
- Identify and develop new suppliers of critical components and materials needed Power Electronics Assemblies
- Support the design and layout of circuit boards, substrates, & mechanical interconnects/bus structures
- Develop an optimized electrical, mechanical, and thermal solution utilizing balanced requirements to meet schedule, technical and cost constraints
- Work with the Client systems engineers and program team to ensure the proper allocation of requirements and to perform the verification of those requirements allocated to the mechanical competency
- Support Client product development team with technical design analysis, trade off studies, GD&T, FMEAs, design reviews and customer presentations
- Understand the vehicle mechanical system components and functions that interface to the power electronics subsystem
- Work with Systems Engineering and Application Engineering to investigate vehicle systems issues
- Work with other engineering competencies, suppliers, and partners to ensure proper development, execution and verification of power electronics products
- Focal point for mechanical design technical discussions with cross-competency team, management and customers using highly effective communication and facilitation skills and techniques
- Determines best techniques/procedure and applies for analysis, design, or experimental procedures
- Documents and shares best-practices
- Mentors the less experienced; role model for client Beliefs
- Willingness/ability to travel 10% both domestically and internationally
- BS Mechanical Engineering required
- Master’s Degree Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Power Electronics experience is required
- Minimum 8 years’ experience required in some combination of the following areas:
- High volume automotive electronics product development
- Mechanical design of medium power (3-20kW) Power Electronics systems
- Design for demanding thermal and reliability requirements
- Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, and Thermal modeling and simulation
- Experience in designing for automotive industry strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills (Shainin or Six Sigma training a plus) required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required
- Strong product engineering experience and working knowledge of manufacturing processes and capabilities
- Strong knowledge base of engineering theories related to designated engineering function and applies those theories to a variety of complex tasks and situations
- Works under limited supervision
- Action Orientated
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
Senior Structural Engineer - Nuclear Power Projects
Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive engineering, design, analysis, and consulting for electric power generation projects worldwide.
Nuclear power has been a core competency of Sargent & Lundy since 1954. We have proven capabilities in nuclear project engineering, design and project management. Our leading-edge services address today's emerging issues with highly effective solutions for both new nuclear unit design and upgrades to existing plants.
We can offer you outstanding career opportunities in nuclear power technologies working with a first class group of clients.
Our Nuclear Power Technologies group currently has an opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to work at a client site in the southeast U.S.
Opportunities for you are:
The ability to directly apply your knowledge of materials, structural analysis, structural steel desgin, and reinforced concrete design.
To work on a variety of interesting structural engineering assignments. This includes performing structural analyses for complex loading conditions such as seismic and tornado wind along with creating design documents such as calculations and specifications for structural materials.
To work on challenging assignments that include developing integrated structural designs as well as investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of structural engineering issues.
To perform structural analysis and design of steel frames, connections, concrete members, and foundations using structural analysis software as required.
To perform indepedent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawings.
Essential skills and experience:
BSCE with emphasis in Structural Engineering from an ABET-accredited program.
Five or more years of experience working as a member of a project team in the design and analysis of nuclear power plant structures.
Proficiency with structural analysis software such as MathCad, SAFE, STRUDL, or ANSYS.
Familiarity with design codes and standards such as IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, N690, ACI 318 and ACI 349.
Proficiency with MS Office applications.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
US citizenship or US Permanent Resident status is required.
You must be able to obtain unescorted access to a nuclear plant site.
Valued, but not required:
- On site construction support experience.
- PE license and MS degree.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Senior Arc Flash / Electrical / Power Systems Engineer
The Arc Flash / Electrical engineer will be expected to provide engineering support for new and existing electrical /power systems, and conduct and/or provide oversight for Arc Flash studies of varying size and complexity.
Responsibilities: • Provide engineering support to the FAA Infrastructure Engineering Center in Des Moines, WA.
- Perform planning, design, and evaluation of new and existing electrical / power systems across a wide range of facilities and associated equipment.
- Develop new FAA electrical engineering packages for use in the installation of major systems, components, and equipment in a variety of differing types of facilities (e.g.
ARTCC, TRACON, Towers, and Remote Facilities). • Perform studies for power systems modeling, power flow, short circuit, protection devices coordination, arc flash and related engineering tasks including low voltage power distribution (208V, 240V and 480V). • Provide support to the FAA Battery Project Office (BPO) by drawing and reviewing battery drawings and entering those into Project Wise (PW). • Additional duties will include the review of engineering and design packages involving single-line diagrams with multiple power sources in either AC or DC, and the preparation and conduct of familiarization sessions in electrical systems theory, the National Electrical Code (NEC), and FAA Grounding and Bonding standards.
- Support the FAA as a subject matter expert in Electrical Safety.
Electrical engineers will be expected to complete assignments to adhere to long-term goals set by management.
LeadGen LeadGenEng Qualifications Typical minimums • Typically Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related discipline, with 8-12 years of professional experience; or 6-10 years of experience with a related Master’s degree.
Basic qualifications • Experience in conducting Arc Flash Hazard Analysis using NFPA 70E and IEEE standards.
- Ability to use Arc Flash software, such as SKM, to produce analysis reports and conduct report reviews.
- Must also possess experience in the most current electrical engineering principles and practices.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of NFPA 70E and applicable OSHA standards, working knowledge of the NEC, and demonstrated working experience on or around energized equipment in an industrial setting including proper PPE in order to ensure a safe work environment and personnel safety.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Arc Flash Analysis protocols and concepts.
- Must have conducted Arc Flash Analysis (from conception to execution) and provided direct supervisory oversight of the project.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills to be used in responding to electrical safety questions and performing program presentations.
Desired skills: • Experience with Project Wise software • Professional Engineer PE in Electrical Engineering and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) knowledge and experience is highly desired.
- Experience in Electrical Safety and knowledge of associated safety standards (OSHA, NFPA 70E, ASTM). JBLeidos Senior Arc Flash / Electrical / Power Systems Engineer JP2 ICJBMeta
Power Distribution And Instrumentation Engineer
Competitive salary + Bonus + Benefits
Our client company is seeking an experienced engineer to be responsible for the Power Distribution (high voltage) and Instrument Systems and upgrade/maintain/manage capital projects for their chemical plant.
You must be willing to:
- Lead/participate in developing recommendations for new electrical equipment
- Provide direction/support in maintaining/troubleshooting/improving existing systems safety/maintainability/availability/reliability
- Lead/participate in incident investigations/root cause analysis
- Assist maintenance personnel with MOC processes/documentation
- Train I&E Technicians
Requirements (IF YOU DON’T HAVE THESE, DON’T APPLY)
- 10+ years’ experience in Electrical Power Distribution maintenance/support (chemical/petrochemical/related manufacturing sites)
- 10 years’ experience in engineering/design/maintenance of electrical systems (instrument/electrical drawings/specifications)
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code/NFPA/intrinsically safe design principles/Process Safety Management (PSM) processes
- Sound knowledge of electrical RAGAGEP standards
Our client requests resumes be submitted in Word Doc format, '97-2003, without headers.
Please tell us:
Where do you currently reside?
Will you relocate? Yes/No
Are you a US citizen? Yes/No
Current salary?/Desired salary?
Full Time, Permanent Position
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship needed
Edwards Place of Employment is a BBB accredited business
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!