Industrial Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Industrial Engineer
Industrial Engineer 3 - D26-Mfg Industrial Engrg
Industrial Engineer 3 - D26-Mfg Industrial Engrg # Berkeley, MO
Job Snapshot # Location: Berkeley, MO # Category: Engineering Disciplines # Employee Type: Contingent # Duration: 24 weeks # Pay Rate: N/A
Apply Now Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings? Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox. # Contact
10/12/2017 # Job ID: 67493 # Contact: Volt # Phone: 253/733-3060 # Fax:
Description # Industrial Engineer 3 Berkeley, MO - St Louis Area Applies advanced Industrial Engineering concepts, techniques, analysis and decision tools to promote and implement changes in manufacturing, engineering and service operations. Independently develops models, data bases and spreadsheets to analyze data (e.g., statistics, operations research, engineering economics), and provides summary analysis and metrics for consultation to customers (e.g., management, departments, suppliers). Applies advanced industrial engineering techniques and concepts to product and process design teams throughout all phases of product lifecycle, resulting in a robust product design and work statement that meets program requirements. Researches, designs, develops, improves, and implements processes to enhance schedule performance, lower cost, and improve quality, through the application of advanced Lean and other Industrial Engineering concepts for large scale systems integration and asset utilization. Independently manages, defines, negotiates, and controls the scope, cost, and timing of projects, and performs risk analysis using project management tools (e.g., work break-down structure, precedence network, resource allocation). Ensures project is completed within budget. Utilizes advanced engineering methods (e.g., mathematical models, simulation, statistics) to develop optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (e.g., facilities, personnel, materials, equipment) in the creation and validation of products. Analyzes and designs value stream, including capability, capacity (e.g., make/buy, supplier selection, risk analysis, supplier performance), throughput, work flow and logistics (e.g., critical path, lead-time, transportation, factory layout). Education / Experience: Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification. Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Post a Job
Manufacturing Simulaton Engineer / Industrial Engineer / Secret Clearance / Orlando, FL
Support manufacturing and process improvement initiatives by performing throughput analysis and new technology evaluation using appropriate lean six sigma modeling and simulation tools (i.e. computerized simulation, workflow analysis, time studies, value stream mapping, process flow, etc.). Participate in and support team activities on projects; working collaboratively with technical specialists for technical expertise Provide management with recommendations and data to support decision making for investment in new and retool of manufacturing processes to maximize production efficiency and reduce costs The position would require an active Secret clearance with 5 years investigation, Basic Qualifications B.S. in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline 2-5 years of manufacturing industry experience with simulation emphases Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint. Active Secret Clearance with a 5 year investigation.
Good communication and presentation skills Strong team working/interpersonal skills combined with the motivation and ability to work alone Ability to think analytically and creatively to identify alternative strategies Experience with Lean Six Sigma Tools. Desired skills Knowledge of mechanical/electrical industrial processes. CATIA or CREO CAD experience C, C++, Visual C or Visual Basic programming experience ProModel, Process Simulator, Delmia, Catia Composer, Anark, Visual Components simulation experience Robotics and computer numerical control (CNC) programming from CAD models Augmented/Virtual Reality experience Industrial Internet of Things experience As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges.
Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
*Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Job Location(s): Orlando Florida
Operations Engineer / Industrial Engineer / Goleta , CA
Position will report directly to the site Operations Engineering Lead. Responsibilities include but not limited to site capital, capacity planning, special projects oversight including facility expansion, and factory layout, MES development, factory performance metrics development and analysis, packaging and handling improvements and supports the Performance Management Team process in an IE capacity.
Further identifies OFIs and justification for process and manufacturing capability improvement initiatives in collaboration with process and manufacturing engineering such as automation or process technology advancement. Leads or supports site SIAs, Lean Six Sigma activities, SPC, equipment control plans and Design and analysis of experiments, etc. Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Goleta is a city in southern Santa Barbara County, California. Goleta is part of the central coast region of California and offers lots of great scenery and is a great place to live and to raise a family.
The region is known primarily for agriculture and tourism. Major crops include wine grapes, lettuce, strawberries, and artichokes. Goleta is not too far away from the University of California, Santa Barbara campus.
Much of Goleta is considered to be a quiet suburban community while Santa Barbara tends to attract most of the tourists and the area's residents. Goleta is about 8 miles west of the city of Santa Barbara, along the coast (the coast runs east to west in this portion of southern California). Where can you drive to from Goleta? Goleta is 2 hours northwest of Los Angeles.
San Francisco is about 5 hours to the north of Goleta. Las Vegas, NV is about 5 hours to the northeast. Santa Barbara is filled with history, cultural festivities, and is a premier resort destination nestled between the Santa Ynez mountain range and the Pacific Ocean providing easy access to both scenic mountain hiking as well as the sandy beaches to enjoy in your off time.
Basic Qualifications Experience in an industrial setting with manufacturing and manufacturing systems Bachelors Degree Knowledge of the application of Industrial Engineering tools/techniques. Strong communications skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas/solutions to all levels of management. Advanced Microsoft Office suite experience in Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, and Visio Must have the ability to obtain a secret security clearance and therefore must be a US Citizen.
Desired skills Bachelors Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field LEAN Six-Sigma Green or Black Belt training Experience generating/implementing process improvements Demonstrated leadership skills Experience with factory simulation tools. Database management experience with Microsoft ACCESS is preferred As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
*Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Job Location(s): Goleta California
2018 Process Engineer - Industrial Engineer - Independence, KS
2018 Process Engineer - Industrial Engineer - Independence, KS
Description JOB SUMMARY: Under Management supervision, develops, implements and monitors the less complex labor standards, manpower estimates, budget estimates, and shop performance.
Conducts methods and systems studies to improve effectiveness in manufacturing and manufacturing support areas.Researches, improves and cost justifies manufacturing techniques, processes, and procedures to reduce the cost while maintaining schedules and improving the product. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: 99. Works with production personnel, manufacturing engineering, and quality to develop, analyze, investigate, and solve problems relating to sequence of work, labor standards, manpower assignments, manpower expenditures, changes in operation, methods improvements, equipment requirements and facility layouts.
Creates, revises, and maintains process plans, bills of material and production inspection records. 99. Forecasts manpower operating budgets and capital budgets. 99. Prepares periodic activity and status reports.
Develops reports, charts, graphs and cost justification to communicate overall impact (economic - flow and cost) and track progress. 99. Demonstrates the ability to concisely and effectively communicate technical and business information, both written and oral. 99. Performs special assignments as required by management.
Qualifications + Bachelor’s degree in Science, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or other technical degree + Minimum GPA of 2.75
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Kansas-Independence
Req ID: 257814
Post a Job
Entry Level Industrial Engineer - Indianapolis, IN Or Telecommute
Are you UHG's next Industrial Engineer?
UnitedHealthcare's Industrial Engineering specializes in improving the performance of the health system by providing analytics, technology, and consulting services that enable better decisions and performance. Your career will be greater at UnitedHealthcare through advancement, access to data, ability to impact the healthcare industry, and rewards for delivering on our mission; Helping People Live Healthier Lives.
This position is required to understand the principles of statistical quality control, innovative ways to understand business intelligence, basic project management skills, and lead organizational change. A successful candidate will have a working knowledge of time studies, processing mapping, statistical modeling, and inferential statistics. You will have a desire to grow and develop our process engineering team into industry leaders in the healthcare field.
* Responsible for end - to - end business process activities reviewing, creating, controlling and improving business processes
* Leads and manages customer readiness activities and project implementation teams in process improvement activities
* Diagnose process improvement opportunities and develop solutions using industrial engineering fundamentals
* Develop innovative solutions using industrial engineering fundamentals, advanced statistical models, development of new technologies, and common sense
* Assist leadership team in establishing project strategies, developing project plans, and cost / benefit analysis to ensuring project success
* Provide analysis for identifying business requirements, specifications, design requirements, and testing efforts for process improvement, technical, and analytical projects
* Consult organizational leaders on standard time measures; manage work study and work analysis, analysis of work samples, and developing methods of measuring work performance
* Apply statistical modeling and perform mathematical methods to determine account level operational process performance and staffing requirements
* Improves work flow by studying process flowcharts, recommending modifications in work flow and work procedures
* Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, deployment of technology, and tool development
* Manages junior level Industrial Engineers and peer team members at the sub-project level, monitors goals and workflow, and is responsible for providing feedback on the performance
* Understand the principles of statistical quality control, innovative ways to understand business intelligence, basic project management skills, and assist with organizational change
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Systems Engineering; or Engineering / Mathematics degree with 2 years of process / industrial engineering experience; or 5 years of process / industrial engineering experience can be substituted for a degree
* Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
* Up to 10% travel
* Six Sigma Certification, Green Belt
* Demonstrable leadership experience
* Experience with data mining methods, statistical modeling, and optimization techniques
* Experience with a programming language
* Experience applying industrial engineering fundamentals in a service industry
* Experience with documenting processes, implementing process improvement projects, and creating process documentation standards
* Experience performing time studies or work standards management
* Excellent communication, time / project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
* Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based modeling and simulation software
UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, is comprised of three specialized businesses dedicated to meeting the health care benefits needs of individuals and groups; all part of something greater, but each with a specialized focus:
UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual works with individuals, small businesses and large multi-site employers to provide innovative, affordable benefits services.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is focused on serving Americans over the age of 50. It is the largest business dedicated to meeting the growing health and well-being needs of aging individuals in the nation, serving one in five Medicare beneficiaries through a comprehensive and diversified array of products and services through four industry - leading businesses.
UnitedHealthcare Community & State provides high-quality, personalized, public - sector health care programs that help local government agencies improve health outcomes for millions of children and low-income and disabled individuals at an affordable cost.
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality health care that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well - being.
Come grow and thrive in our culture of innovation and ideas. Because there is no opportunity greater than the quest to help people live healthier lives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Industrial Engineer, Telecommute, telecommuting, telecommuter, remote, work from home, Indianapolis, IN, MiniTab, travel, process improvement, testing
SDL2017Post a Job
The Industrial Engineer will support the development and deployment of validation, qualification and thermal mappings related to manufacturing, warehouse/storage and cold chain distribution within the Pharmaceutical and Food markets.
Develop and implement mapping and validation protocols and other studies (IQ/OQ/PQ) for passive and active shippers, warehouses, manufacturing sites and end-user locations.
Provide technical expertise to the development of protocols, assist in RFP responses.
Provide subject matter expertise and support to the sales process, traveling to sales meetings as required.
Visit customer locations to install/deploy equipment, software, or other project requirements.
Make recommendations to end users based on data analysis and findings.
Ability to travel to customer sites as needed, occasional travel to Germany (1-2X per year) for training purposes.
3- 5 years of related experience in industrial or validation engineering within a pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, or related industry
Working knowledge of GxP requirements and other regulations, including 21CFR Part 11, USP, FDA, ISO and/or other current industry practices.
Understanding of data collection tools, statistical analysis, and project management.
BS degree required, MBA preferred.
This role is located in the Testo North America corporate headquarters in West Chester, PA.
Testo is a world leader in portable and stationary measurement solutions. With 32 subsidiaries around the world, 2,700 employees support industries including Food, Pharma, HVAC and Emissions Testing. Products from Testo help to save time and resources, protect the environment and the health of humans, and increase the value of goods and services. With yearly revenue of approximately $300 million, Testo has grown on average 10 % since its founding in 1957 and invests roughly 10% of the annual revenue in Research & Development. This role will be based out of Testo's North America Headquarters in West Chester PA.
Metal Tubing Fabricator in Kirkwood is actively seeking 2 Industrial Engineers to train as Shift Supervisors on 2nd and 3rd shift in a union production facility. We are seeking recent college graduates with 1 year or less of experience who are motivated to work, trainable and have the technical education to come in and learn how to run the shift from start to finish. This is a hands on position in a metal fabrication facility where your education and skills will be a very useful tool for your success.
Job Duties will include:
Under the general supervision of the Plant Manager, the Shift Supervisor is responsible for the planning and supervision of employees engaged in the manufacture and assembly of a product. Determines how tasks will be accomplished. Achieves stated goals and objectives. Accepts, performs and is accountable for the results of assigned duties. Evaluates necessary resources. Identifies and informs superior of departmental problems and solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Optimize operator selection for daily tasks.
On time completion & delivery of parts.
Light maintenance and repairs.
Proper staffing to meet Production requirements.
Daily observations and reviews.
Safety & Housekeeping
Insure all qualified operators receive adequate training.
Document & Maintain training log.
All equipment is returned to proper location.
All tooling is cleaned prior to returning to location.
All damaged tooling and gauging repaired / replaced.
Lines are cleaned prior to end of the shift or order completion.
Support of 5S activities
“Zero” Lost time accidents
Less than 12 total “Recordable” accidents for calendar year.
Timely completion of accident investigations.
Efficiencies (reasons up / down).
Excessive production time (production hours).
Reasons for part reject, rework hours and scrap.
Safety record for month and YTD.
Performance to plan.
Proposed changes to achieve plan.
- College Degree or Technical School Degree in Industrial Engineering.
- 1 year of less of experience
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including bonus.
Please email your resume to Susannec@bohnanddawson.com for immediate consideration.
Industrial Engineer Manufacturing
We are seeking an Industrial Engineer Manufacturing to become a part of our team! You will develop strategies to improve production efficiency and reduce manufacturing cost.
- Implement production projects to improve quality and efficiency
- Conduct labor and material cost analysis
- Identify critical points within the production process, for quality control checks
- Create assembly and system flow charts, for manufacturing processes
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in industrial engineering or other related fields
- Familiarity with technical drawings and blueprints
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineer - Solidworks
TPE Manufacturing Engineer 1
Company Rail Electrificaiton
For more than 30 years, Company has been serving customers in cities across North America – from Miami to New York, Los Angeles to Calgary, and cities and regions in between. Company Rail Electrification is putting their experience to work with rail electrification solutions, designed and manufactured in the United States and supported
by our global technology center in Erlangen, Germany. Company provides innovative solutions, systems and products for traction power supply, contact lines and network control technology for the rail traffic of the future and is the only provider in North America that provides both Traction Power supply as well as Overhead Catenary Solutions.
We are currently seeking to hire a Manufacturing Engineer at our Tualatin, OR facility to support the manufacturing of DC traction power rail electrification equipment and supporting components. Primary responsibilities are to improve the production process, reduce the cost of manufacturing, and increase the quality of manufactured equipment.
· Creates Manufacturing Documentation Packages for use by production floor, including SolidWorks 2D drawings, wire lists, Bill of Materials
· Creates and modifies SolidWorks 3D models
· Reviews and redlines electrical schematics
· Tests and troubleshoots manufactured equipment
· Performs QC inspections as necessary
· Assists in identifying, analyzing, and implementing manufacturing cost reduction initiatives
· Assists in developing and implementing routine performance measurement and improvement initiatives
· Assists with routine inspections and investigations by gathering data related to proper utilization of company labor, equipment, materials and facilities
· Provides assistance in planning of equipment layout, workflow, and accidental prevention measures to maintain optimum and safe utilization of plant resources
· Designs manufacturing flows for build products inserting QC and data acquisition and control points.
· Occasionally train bay leads and floor technicians in product functions and applications.
· Provides assistance in activities for the development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing processes and equipment
· Reports to Operations Manager, under the manufacturing section of the Turnkey Projects and Electrification division
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Must have Bachelors degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
· Approximately 2 year experience with DC switch gear design and manufacturing
· Experience in both electrical and mechanical engineering
· Experience in fast paced manufacturing environment
· Able to read/understand wiring schematics
· Able to translate material requirements from electrical schematics and mechanical models.
· Good communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills required
· Able to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
· Able to effectively work as an individual and as a member of a team
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience in automation of test processes (S/W and H/W)
· Experience with lean manufacturing or similar production process improvement methods
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and SolidWorks
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin,
citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected
veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Universal Logistics Holdings, Inc. is a leading asset-light provider of customized transportation and logistics solutions. We provide our customers with supply chain solutions that can be scaled to meet your changing demands and volumes. We offer a comprehensive suite of services including transportation, value-added, intermodal and specialized services that can be utilized throughout your entire supply chain. Currently, Universal is seeking Industrial Engineer candidates with a retail concentration for our position based out of our corporate office in Warren, MI.
The ideal candidate will possess knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
- Layout design, including storage areas and work cell/assembly areas
- Plan for every part development (PFEP)
- Material flow analysis
- Line side delivery design, planning, and implementation
- Process development and design
- Time studies
- Lean manufacturing principles and implementation
- Data analysis
- Visual factory
- Continuous improvement
- Error proofing
The ideal candidate will possess experience with the following computer programs:
- Microsoft Excel and Access (must be proficient)
- AutoCAD or similar design software
- Proplanner (preferred)
- Factory Flow (preferred)
- M.O.S.T. (preferred)
- Writing and developing Macros in Excel (preferred)
Other requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering
- 2+ years of engineering experience within a warehouse or distribution environment (retail preferred)
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits package including major medical, dental, 401K, and paid time off in addition to offering upward mobility within the company. Additionally, relocation assistance will be provided to qualified candidates. If you are an energetic, self-motivated individual with the drive to become part of a growing organization, do not hesitate, respond today!
Look us up on the web at: www.universallogistics.com
Universal's experienced management team, with its state-of-the-art technology, provides customized logistics solutions to its customers resulting in proven efficiencies and savings.