Industrial Engineer Job Description Sample
Operations Engineer / Industrial Engineer / Camden, AR
This position is for an Industrial/Operations Engineer to be the primary Simulation/Modeling & Capacity POC for PAC-3 program. Works closely with the Product Manager, Program Support Team, and the Industrial Engineering/Estimating Manager & Sr.
Manager to track, plan, status, and communicate current and future state capacity plans for the PAC-3 and MSE Programs. Tasks include effectively applying many of the traditional I.E. techniques and disciplines, including man-loading, work flow, learning curves, estimating, capacity analysis, capital equipment justification, make vs. buy studies, standards, equivalent units completed calculations, and computer skills in Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Simulation/Modeling and email. Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Camden is a city in southern Arkansas. Camden is located on the Ouachita River, at the end of the navigable river.
Camden is about a two hour drive south from Littlerock, AR. Camden is part of the Timberlands region of Arkansas. Timber, Oil, Deer Hunting, Bass fishing... These are words commonly used when people talk about the Timberlands of Arkansas.
It's a region with rich natural resources that was discovered by pioneers from the eastern United States in the early 1800s. The abundant natural resources of the Timberlands are still attracting people today. Visitors enjoy the legacy of those pioneers by visiting sites ranging from 1800s log cabins and restored Victorian homes to local museums and colorful murals that tell the history of this land.
Communities within an hour or two from Camden include Texarkana, Hot Springs AR, and Shreveport, LA. Basic Qualifications Simulation Modeling Experience or Training Bachelor’s Degree Standards/Efficiency Man-loading/Balancing Estimating/Line Flow Microsoft Office Process Simulator, ARENA, or other simulation modeling equivalent This position requires special access to our facility and therefore requires US Citizenship Desired skills Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering MOST Certified Production Experience SAP Experience Finance/Accounting 3.0 GPA or higher Strong Communication and Presentation skills a plus As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
*Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Job Location(s): Camden Arkansas
Engineer III - Industrial Engineer
55460BR Position Number:
90143086 Engineer III
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for planning IE strategies to initiate and implement projects, developing and maintaining engineering labor standards, and maximizing labor resource effectiveness.
Other duties include assisting in the implementation of automation, providing information for managerial decision making, supplying support for ergonomics program and any other responsibilities as needed. REQUIREMENTS: Education: Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering or other technical degree combined with applicable industry experience.
Experience: 5+ years' experience Industrial Engineering experience preferred with Bachelor's degree or 1+ years TYSON Industrial Engineering experience with Bachelor's degree. Computer
Excellent computer skills: knowledge and exposure to engineering related computer systems.
Must be proficient in MS office. Communication
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Supervisory: NA Travel: 3 to 4 trips per year to another facility will be required. Other travel may be required. Facility Name (Location):
Dakota City Plant
Title: Engineer III - Industrial Engineer
City: Dakota City
Job Function: Engineering/Manufacturing Services Full Time / Part Time:
YES Company Culture, Inclusion and Diversity Statement: Tyson Foods proudly embraces diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment. Our Culture is rooted in our Core Values and brought to life each day through our 5C Team behaviors (Caring, Candor, Creativity, Collaboration and Commitment). Team Members are the heart of our company and its success and culture is the connecting thread which drives our Talent Strategy to Attract, Grow, Reward and Retain the best talent.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Industrial Engineer / Process Engineer
Grow your career by joining Kelly Services' Engineering Resources Team at Nissan North America. Today, we are proud to offer a contract Process / Industrial Engineer at position at Nissan in Smyrna, TN.
Process Engineer - BS in a technical discipline required, BS Engineering with at least 7-12 years of relevant experience in manufacturing. Does this position require driving? Yes.
Must have experience working on the plant floor as a Process / Manufacturing Engineer in a repetitive manufacturing environment. Primary responsibilities must include working to resolve day to day performance problems on the plant floor. Must have a strong lean manufacturing /JIT/TPS experience as a manufacturing engineer automotive preferred including tooling, fixturing, and assembly experience.
Any layout, process flow, robotics, PLC, controls, automation, stamping, injection molding, casting, machining experience a plus. Ability to analyze suppliers, develop strategy for improvement using Lean Methodologies. Demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple projects and objectives, simultaneously.
Strong problem solving and analytical skills to influence individuals and groups. Ability to foster change, promote and implement improvements. Experience with assessing supplier capability, applying lean manufacturing and value stream mapping.
Demonstrated experience managing or leading projects or programs. Strong presentation, interpersonal communication, and relationship management skills
Ability to identify cost saving opportunity in a suppliers manufacturing process
An in-depth understanding of a repetitive manufacturing environment
The ability to perform time-studies
The ability to take time-study information and determine opportunities for rebalancing the production operation in order to reduce cost
Ability to identify and quantify waste in the production environment
Ability to collect, compile, and present cost saving ideas in a clear concise manner, in a PowerPoint presentation and verbally
Have a working knowledge of commodities, such as metal stamping, injection molding, casting, machining, assembly, etc.
Willingness and ability to travel up to 80% of the time, including International Travel.
Job Description The employee will be a member of a team that travel to Nissan suppliers and participate in activities aimed at identifying and eliminating waste, thus reducing cost. The goal is to identify savings that can be passed on to Nissan in the form of lower cost parts and services.
The activity period is usually 1 week with the need to follow-up via email and phone until the improvements are implemented. Typically, these savings are in the form of headcount reduction or improved efficiencies and not through large capital investment. Travel is normally 80% of the time and is limited to the US and Mexico. Weekend stay is not common.
Core Tasks The team member will support lean proficiencies through examination and improvement of Nissan total supply chain. They will have a working knowledge of commodities, such as metal stamping, injection molding, casting, machining, assembly, etc.
They will work on a core team performing time studies, evaluating processes (both direct & indirect), and presenting solutions to stakeholders internal and external to the company. This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the apply now button below to submit your resumes.
If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position (firstname.lastname@example.org); however your resume must be received via the apply now button included within. About Kelly Services Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA at http://ir.kellyservices.com/ , KELYB ) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than 550,000 employees annually. Revenue in 2011 was $5.6 billion.
Visit www.kellyservices.com at http://www.kellyservices.com/ and connect with us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/kellyservices , LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/companies/kellyservices , & Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/kellyservices .
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Industrial Engineer Manufacturing, Layout And Process Optimization
Essential Job Functions:
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing and services. This includes, but is not limited to, production schedules, process flows and engineering specs.
- Work with customers and management to develop standards for design and production
- Leading manufacturing improvements, complex process changes, and technology changes including developing a core team, assigning / reporting to a steering committee, projecting efforts involved with implementation, and identifying impacts to the business.
- Coordinating and communicating technical information to and from all levels of the organization including vendors, project managers, production team members, and operations managers.
- Establish and implement work standards through time studies and other accepted methods (e.g. MTM, MOST, MODAPTS, STOPWATCH).
- Demonstrate strong project management skills to accurately estimate work effort and resources needed to execute initiatives.
- Use problem solving methods (e.g. 5why, 8D, pareto charts, fishbone diagram etc.) and recommend new and / or improved methods to understand challenges in production process.
- Determine value added and non-value-added process time and use lean principles to create highly efficient work flows (toridashi, One-piece flow, Heijunka, FiFo, etc.)
- Follow Company policies related to ergonomics, safety and environmental procedures.
- Process design of assembly operation
- Process flow, Control plan, Work instruction, In process inspection and record, Tools and equipment, Cost management
- Assist the PM and Engineering manager to make informed decisions related to utilization of processes, labor requirements, changes in parts, processes, tools or tact time and total output.
- Assist the PM and Engineering manager to make informed decisions related to the purchase of equipment, including forklifts, tooling, lift assists, generators, compressed air systems, sweepers/ scrubbers, compactors, AGVs, racks, Kanban systems or other miscellaneous items pertaining to specific projects.
- Develop plant / process layouts and / or improve existing layouts to maximize efficient use of space, equipment, and labor.
- Kaizen activities
- Quality and Productivity
- Material handling
- Any other duties assigned by direct supervisor
- Critical Thinking using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong understanding of technical requirements for automotive engineering and lean principles
- Working Experience with automotive OEM and / or tier 1 suppliers in North America
- Active Listening, giving full attention to what other employees are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions to find root cause analysis.
- Good communication skills, observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources and departments.
- Solid computer skills Microsoft Office, Word & Excel
- CAD operation or Microstation (Solidwork , Catia or others)
- Industrial Engineering skill
- 6-sigma , lean production Statistical quality control skill
- Knowledge of welding and/or Hydraulic circuit.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years experience in Industrial Engineering is preferred
- Experience with SolidWorks and CAD software
- Background in ISO 9000 and/or TS16949
- Extensive travel to Northeast US: Pawcatuck, CT (Possibly 1-2 Months)
Join SkyWater Technology Foundry, Inc. as an INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER in our Bloomington, MN facility:
Position will require use and understanding of various modeling techniques, statistical methods and planning tools used in Manufacturing Science and Production Control. Excellent communication skills will be continuously used as the employee will be working with personnel at all levels of the organization. The candidate should be highly motivated and willing to take increasing responsibilities. Initial responsibilities include on-time performance scheduling and tracking, dispatching, SQL/Linux scripting for cron job implementation, customer expediting, planning parameters, and cycle-time analysis.
- BSE in Industrial Engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with SQL/Linux scripting
- Extremely self-motivated/self-starter
- Team player
- Demonstrates detailed, thorough, and quality oriented thinking
- Comfortable regularly interacting with all levels of organization
- Can meet deadlines in fast pace environment
- Ability to multitask
SkyWater is a U.S.-based technology foundry specializing in the development and manufacturing of a wide variety of semiconductor based solutions. As a globally recognized, DMEA-trusted facility with advanced development capabilities co-located with volume production, SkyWater has the ability and flexibility to innovate to any scale with a wide array of special materials. Our roots go back to the pioneers of computing technology and as such SkyWater offers what most foundries cannot: decades of technology innovation experience.
SkyWater Technology Foundry, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, or status as a Protected Veteran.
Industrial Engineer - Bilingual (Spanish.English)
Our client is looking for a Bilingual Industrial or Quality Engineer.
The Bilingual Industrial Engineer is a full time position whose overall purpose will be to support the research and establishment of root causes analysis and the development of a Quality Management System with guidance from Operation and QA.
Candidate must be bilingual with the ability to read, write and speak Spanish.
- Supporting the research and establishment of root causes and jointly develops corrective action plans for quality defects.
- Ensuring products conform to established company requirements and specifications.
- Documenting and following up on corrective actions.
- Support and development of Quality System with guidance from Operations and QC
- Monitoring and communicating with managers and/or customers (as required) relative to filed product issues.
- Monitoring and supporting collection and presentation of critical quality data.
- Communication with current company’s suppliers regarding QA issues
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- 1-5 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer in a manufacturing environment
- BS in Engineering or similar technical background preferred
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control Methods
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications
- Create and develop optimal warehouse designs.
- Analyze, design, implement, and sustain distribution process improvement initiatives to support business development endeavors.
- Lead initiatives to improve safety, customer service, productivity, and quality while reducing cost and cycle times.
- Research and identify new distribution methods, materials, or processes for organization; develop solid business cases for aligned approval and planning.
- Perform process capability analysis and implement process control procedures.
- Lead or support root cause analysis investigations and recommend corrective actions and preventative actions.
- B.S. in Engineering
- 5-7 years Logistics Engineering experience supporting high volume, multiple shift
- Warehouse Management Systems experience
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project or equivalent, and Auto Cad.
- Previous experience working in facilities with combined warehouse and manufacturing functions helpful.
- Experiences in network optimization to develop total lowest landed costs, covering distribution, transportation (inbound, outbound) costs
- Distribution automation system and optimization program
- Black Belt Certification or Lean/Six Sigma experience
The Industrial Engineer reports to the Production Engineering Manager, who reports directly to the President of L.A. Darling Company. There are no direct reports to the Industrial Engineer.
- Effectively and efficiently ensure that labor standards that are set will reflect an accurate assessment of all elements that are built into the standard.
- Consistently seek out the most cost effective and ergonomically suited work process/layout and designs that maximize capital and human assets.
- Act as a resource to manufacturing and distribution management to include technical support and training as required.
- Actively participate in the coordination and implementation of facility cost reduction programs.
- Develop facility workplace layouts, coordinating all move sequences to attain ultimate process flow.
- Develops and implements accurate work standards to reflect proper product cost. Develop and maintain allowance structures for direct labor operations and labor cost estimates as required for new products or process opportunities.
- Provide audit and product cost tracking on product(s)/processes within area of responsibility.
- Performs machine/department capacity/utilization analyses as required within area of responsibility.
Designs and manufactures metal, wood and wire retail display systems for general merchandise, discount, department, drug and specialty stores worldwide.
Engineering Job Status:
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To:
Grade/Level: Amount of Travel Required:
Work Schedule: Some travel required possibly International
8:00am to 5:00pm Positions Supervised: None
Responsible for determining the most effective way to create a product or service. Develops ways to increase productivity, maximize efficiency, and manage human capital more effectively.
Develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, and information to make a product or service.
Coordinate various resources to assure timely completion of projects.
Identify product and process cost reduction opportunities. Resolve production problems.
Interface with R&D, manufacturing, safety, & QC to bring product improvements to market.
Develop management control systems including safety and environmental compliance.
Reads and understands product drawings and product structures.
Design layout of equipment and workspace.
Estimate production costs. Evaluate effects of product design changes.
Maintain cleanliness and organization of work area, storage area and desk space.
Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and question of others.
Creatively – Ability to use creativity and ingenuity to design new processes.
Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
Communications, Written – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
Critical-Thinking skills – Use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
Detail Orientation – Ability to pay careful attention to details and prepare documentation and reports accordingly.
Initiative – Ability to proactively find opportunities for product improvement and initiate a project.
Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
Organization – Ability to organize and direct oneself.
Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or deal proactively with work-related problems.
Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks thoroughly and on schedule.
BSME, BSIE or equivalent experience
Three to seven years related experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Solid Works, QAD, PC Proficiency
Able to occasionally stand, walk, sit, reach, squat, kneel, and bend.
Able to occasionally life/carry 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lasko Products LLC and Air King America LLC offers a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Company paid Life insurance, Supplemental Life/AD&D for Spouse and children, Long Term Disability, and a 401(k) retirement plan with match and profit sharing. Additionally, we offer company paid Short Term Disability, a Telemedicine plan, and generous annual bonus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Industrial Engineer Manufacturing
Our client is constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance, and adapt in an ever-changing market. They are seeking for a Contract to PermIndustrial Engineer for their Grenada, MSlocation. As the Industrial Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying facility design requirements, personnel requirements, and writing work instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 3+ years of engineering support in a manufacturing environment;
- Lean manufacturing is required;
- Design experience on tools and fixtures;
- Bottleneck analysis knowledge;
- Process Improvement and Total Process Management PI/TPM
- Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, PDCA/SDCA, SMED Kaizen, DMAIC, Gemba walks, IWS, 5S, Visual Display Boards
- Hands on experience in a physical distribution facility is a plus
- Strong leadership, driving cultural change, matrix, relationship management
- Communication and presentation skills
- Apply industrial engineering techniques to solve complex business problems;
- Develop repeatable process for compiling and disseminating performance metrics
- Develop root cause analysis to drive sustaining and effective improvements
- Identify and implement efficiency improvements for work processes including, tooling, facility layout, and processes to optimize repair and manufacturing performance;
- Implement standard work procedures where applicable and define commonality among processes over many product lines;
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!