Industrial Health Engineer Job Description Sample
Senior Industrial Hygiene / Occupational Safety And Health Professional
Position: Senior Industrial Hygiene / Occupational Safety & Health Professional
Requisition Number: 2018-2430-10
S&ME, Inc., a leading engineering, design, environmental sciences, and construction services firm that responds to their clients with innovative, sustainable solutions, is seeking a Senior Industrial Hygiene / Occupational Safety & Health Professional to join our North Carolina team, to be based in Charlotte. This industry leader will perform and manage technical industrial hygiene projects supported by an excellent dedicated team for a diverse client base of manufacturing, education, municipal, retail and developer projects.
The successful candidate will share an exciting and rewarding opportunity to enhance, grow, and enjoy a career in an established professional practice with a well-respected, employee-owned, engineering and environmental services firm.
Senior Industrial Hygiene / Occupational Safety & Health Professional
BS in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, Physical Sciences or related field;
10+ years of relevant industrial hygiene and/or occupational safety and health experience;
Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (or will attain within one-year);
NC Asbestos Accreditations: Inspector, Management Planner, Project Designer and/or Supervising Air Monitor;
Experience developing technical and fee proposals to generate work;
Technical hands-on experience with strategies, methods, equipment and calculations;
Proven track record of project management excellence in leadership, meeting client requirements, client relationship management and achieving goals;
Commitment to deadlines, budgets and teamwork with a positive attitude and excellent work ethic;
Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality and integrity.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Industrial Project Engineer
Celebrating its twenty-fifth anniversary in 2016, Cyient is an acknowledged leader in engineering design services, design-led manufacturing, networks and operations, data transformation, and analytics. We collaborate with our clients to help them achieve more and together shape a better future. We call it Designing Tomorrow Together.
Our industry focus includes aerospace, defense, rail transportation, off-highway & industrial, power generation, mining, oil & gas, communications, utilities, geospatial, semiconductor and medical technology. We align closely with the business needs, goals, culture, and core values of our clients. This reflects in the deep, long-standing relationships we have developed and sustained with some of the leading names in these industries.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This individual should have a strong understanding of ….. Responsible to perform the following:
Monitoring production part schedules and inventories
Tracking raw material & part utilization metrics and then analyzing those metrics to forecast future utilization
Analyzing vendor activities & performance to produce supply chain health reports and then using that data to propose improvement plans
Executing projects-to-correct supply chain issues (advisory recommendation reports)
Track and report supplier/part Quality issues.
Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Proficient in MS office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
Understanding of MRP (matl. req. planning) in SAP environment
Understanding of PW, QN system and process.
Bachelors in Engineering
Ability to travel to PW suppliers as required
Controls Engineer - Industrial Automation
Why work here?:
- 20+ years in business with several offices in the Midwest
- 85% repeat business with existing client base
- Variety of projects in Pharmaceutical, Automotive, Food & Beverage, Consumer Goods, General Manufacturing
- All engineers have cradle-to-grave involvement with their projects
- All Managers and Owners have worked as an Engineer in their career
- Known in the industry for quality service and attention to detail
- Growth and advancement is encouraged
- Excellent benefits; health and life insurance, 401K with matching, quarterly bonuses, paid vacation and holidays
- Flextime and open access to facility
- Family oriented culture with family activities and outings
- 3-5 years’ experience working in an Industrial Controls and/or Industrial Manufacturing Environment
- 3-5 years of PLC/HMI experience in Rockwell (Siemens, Omron, Mitsubishi, are a plus)
- Electrical controls design from conception
- Vision and Bar Code systems experience
- Servo setup exp.
- BS degree in Engineering preferred but not required
- Ability to travel up to 30% to customer sites as needed
- Will be required to complete an engineering assessment
- AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, Promis-E or E-Plan design platforms for Electrical Design
- AC/DC voltage design schematics
- Control panel layout
- Safety circuit layout
- NFPA & NEC Electrical Code conformance
- PLC programming and troubleshooting
- Siemens S7
- RSLogix 5000
- Rockwell Studio 5000
- Rockwell FactoryTalk View
- Good communication skills and a team player
- Prior experience of successfully completing a "Cradle to Grave" project from design to implementation
Optional Skills desired:
- Motion Control Platform experience: Allen-Bradly Kinetix, SEW Eurodrive, or Kollmorgen
- Vision/Reader system experience: Cognex Insight, Cognex Dataman, Keyence XG or CVX
- Robotics: Fanuc, Motoman, Nachi, or Yamaha
- PLC: Siemens S7
Senior Industrial Engineer - Indianapolis, IN
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are seeking a Senior Industrial Engineer for our Indianapolis, IN location who will be responsible for functioning as the Lead Engineer for assigned operations, and managing work standards, identifying cost savings, and other special engineering projects to drive cost efficiency and operational improvements; acting as a liaison with other segments of the United Operations Support Center to improve operational coordination and standardization; working on end-to-end business process activities reviewing, creating, controlling and improving business processes; developing innovative solutions using industrial engineering fundamentals, advanced statistical models and development of new technologies; assisting leadership team in establishing project strategies, developing project plans, and cost and benefit analysis to ensure success of projects; providing analysis for identifying business requirements, specifications, design requirements, and testing efforts for process improvement, technical, and analytical projects; consulting organizational leaders on standard time measures; manage work study and work analysis, analysis of work samples, and developing methods of measuring work performance; applying statistical modeling and perform mathematical methods to determine account level operational process performance and staffing requirements; improving work flow by studying process flowcharts, recommending modifications in work flow and work procedures; recommending methods for improving utilization of personnel, deployment of technology, and tool development; managing junior level industrial engineers and peer team members at the sub-project level, monitoring goals and workflow, and providing feedback on the performance; and understand the principles of statistical quality control, innovative ways to understand business intelligence, basic project management skills, and lead organizational change.
Master's degree or equiv. in Industrial Engineering or a related field and 3 years related experience. In the alternative, we will accept a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field and 5 years progressive, post baccalaureate experience.
Employer will accept experience gained concurrently. Will accept experience gained before, during or after Master's program.
Must also have two (2) years related experience applying industrial engineering fundamentals including time and motion studies (stop watch or fixed motion) and process mapping.
Must have 12 months demonstrated experience with each of the following: 1) working with remote teams across a global environment in the healthcare or insurance industries; 2) developing and deploying process improvement opportunities utilizing time and motion studies, statistical analysis, remote time studies, and fixed motion time studies; 3) performing and documenting data mining requirements, performing statistical testing, and optimizing work flow; and 4) interfacing with senior stakeholders, collecting their business requirements, and translating into industrial engineering requirements.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Industrial Environmental & Safety Engineer
Requisition ID 123663BR Date updated 10/26/2018
Responsible for the coordination of waste related compliance programs, with a focus on solid waste reduction and recycling, and sustainability programs. Manages multiple software tools for compliance programs. Supports additional programs including Air Force data requests and other Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability programs.
Interprets, recommends, and complies with environmental regulations and/or company policy with a special focus on waste and sustainability. Interprets federal, state, and local regulations as they apply to environmental compliance practices. Evaluates current policies, procedures, and documentation for compliance and that regulatory reporting requirements are met. Writes and updates environmental programs and procedures. Plans, develops, and implements long-range remedial environmental solutions in order to reduce environmental risk and protect company assets.
Assists in planning for changes in physical facilities to meet new environmental requirements. Conducts inspections, sees that corrective actions are completed on time, and all necessary documentation is kept. Manages data using spreadsheets and databases. Develops and implements programs designed to increase employee awareness and knowledge of compliance programs.
Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy. Makes frequent application of technical standards and concepts. Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
Understanding of the principles of sustainability and implementation in a business environment
Understanding of RCRA requirements
Ability to manage technical data accurately and efficiently
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Microsoft Project Management)
Experience in preparing and delivering presentations
- Experience with TSCA
- Ability to obtain secret clearance within one year
Required Education (including Major):
B.S. in Environmental Science or related Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability field
Minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability or M.S. Degree in Environmental Science or related Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability field
Position can be offered as a G07 or G08 depending on the experience of the successful candidate.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
None / Not Required
Chemical Engineering/Material Science
Environmental Health & Safety
Type Of Job
AZ - Tucson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Sales Engineer - Industrial Calibration Products
Why work here?:
- Best in class products, known for quality and precision
- Global company with fast-growing US presence
- Insurance premiums paid 100% for employee
- Profit sharing and 401k with employer match
- Paid vacation - 10 days minimum
- Auto allowance
- BS degree in Engineering
- Understanding of process automation (pressure, electrical and temperature).
- In-depth knowledge of vendors in the same market (Fluke, GE Druck, Meriam, Martel, Ametek, etc), and others (Emerson, Yokogawa, Honeywell)
- Experience in Technical Sales of industrial process controls automation products
- The ability to develop expertise in the sales of technical solutions and/or software, ideally to the Power & Energy, Pharmaceutical processing, Oil & Gas, Food and Beverage, and Petro-Chemical industries.
- Ability to travel in an assigned region: up to 50%
Controls Engineer - Industrial Automation
Leading provider of control and systems integration solutions to manufacturers with focused experience in the food processing, pet food, pharmaceutical, plastics, specialty chemicals, ethanol / alcohol, and feed and grain industries. The company's specialties include high-end batching systems, automated cooking extrusion, food and ingredient processes, metal forming, bulk material transport and material handling. Additionally, our client has developed specialized skills in machine vision inspection and data collection and tracking systems.
Responsibilities of Controls Engineer:
- PLC programming (Primarily Rockwell ControlLogix family, Siemens, Modicon, and others as projects require)
- HMI application development (Primarily FactoryTalk View SE/ME, Wonderware, Intellution, RSView, and others as required)
- Schematic Design & Interpretation (Control & Motor Wiring, Power Distribution and Loading, Panel Layouts, P&IDs)
- BS Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering
- 3-6 years experience of industrial controls and automation
- Proficiency in MS Office products
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Rockwell, Schneider, Siemens, Wonderware experience preferred
- Approximately 25% travel so a valid US driver's license is mandatory
- Health and Dental insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Life Insurance
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned. Analyzes and designs sequence of operations and work flow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts; and establishes methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel.
May establish or assist in establishing accident prevention measures and may manage training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operations. Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems. On the basis of these studies, develops and implements plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods.
May assist facilities engineers in the planning and design of facilities. SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM: Typically an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty.
Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results. May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals. The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects from design to implementation while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education (typically University). DIFFERENTIATING FACTORS Autonomy:
Established and productive individual contributor. Works independently with general supervision on larger, moderately complex projects / assignments. Organizational Impact:
Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives of projects and assignments. Contributes to the completion of project milestones . May have some involvement in cross functional assignments. Innovation and Complexity:
Problems and issues faced are general, and may require understanding of broader set of issues or other job areas but typically are not complex . Makes adjustments or recommends enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area. Communication and Influence: Communicates primarily and frequently with internal contacts .
Requires practical knowledge and demonstrated competence within job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Requires a University Degree and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with 0 years of experience.
Performs a variety of engineering assignments in work measurement for the establishment of standards. Plans and oversees utilization of production facilities and personnel in departments or other subdivisions of an industrial establishment. Plans equipment layout, workflow and accident prevention measures to maintain efficient and safe utilization of plant facilities. Plans and oversees work study and training programs to promote efficient personnel utilization. Typically would possess a degree in Industrial Engineering.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Analyze internal transportation data to identify cost reduction
opportunities within company supply chain network
Solicit and analysis supplier transportation data to identify cost
reduction opportunities within Tier 1/N supply chain network
Utilizing Tier1/N data to identify candidate suppliers for logistic
Lead project team in supplier activities to identify logistic cost
Accurately prepare cost study of current condition and
proposed improvement concepts
Analyze current packaging and propose packaging
improvements in Tier 1/N
Ability to create effective cost reduction summary
presentations and communicate effectively to internal and
Coordinate projects which includes Idea Generation, Cost
Validation, coordinating internal stakeholders and idea
Possesses the ability thru good project management skills to
organize, maintain and implement cost reductions proposals
within their responsibility
Create and maintain internal reports in support of
departmental objectives and KPI’s
Bachelors Degree required
*Minimum Years Experience - 6-10
Sales Engineer - Industrial Machinery
- He or She participates personally in the sales activities.
- The group result and performance lies above the performance of the individual company.
- Being active in the market, surveying and analysing the segment industries, finding new customers and creating business opportunities.
- Visit costumers doing direct sales or through representatives.
- Understand the portfolio and application engineering.
- Actively executing the proposal, description and pricing.
- To report immediately to the Sales Manager or the Exec. Vice-President on status and issues that may adversely affect the best interest of the Company and/or its officers or staff.
- Manage the attributed product range and keep it competitive.
- Working together with network of companies.
- Participate actively in the know-how-transfer across the entire group.
- Participating on meetings and contribute actively with initiatives and recommendations for further business development.
- Observe the competition in the territory, make recommendations or take consequences for your own technical and commercial proposals and feedback relevant information to other companies.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required. Engineering Degree? (preferred)
2. 5+ years of sales experience in industrial machinery?
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!