Information Scientist Job Description Sample
Provides information management services specializing in biomedical published information supporting R&D including support of regulatory and safety compliance within Worldwide R&D (WRD) (e.g., pharmacovigilance). Role will include using search skills and tools to gather information from the published literature and other relevant sources to provide value-added answers to customers. Provides standardized information service models to customer teams and supports the automation of search processes. Contribute to team initiatives to advance information services.
Executes bibliographic services with regards to published literature ensuring compliance with regulatory and safety reporting guidelines.
Supports WSR pharmacovigilance and other regulatory functions (literature surveillance for business critical functions).
Troubleshoots literature search and alert technical issues for manual and automated search processes.
Provides information retrieval (search services) using biomedical literature databases and other information resources for researchers and teams
Uses analytical methods and tools to evaluate search results to provide value-added answers to customers.
Supports existing database and library tools for information retrieval and result analysis. Contribute to investigation of future state tools to improve current information processes used by customers.
Contribute to training and outreach efforts directed at end-users
Contribute to initiatives and projects within Information & Library Services in support of the WRD portfolio
Degree (BA/BS), preferably in a scientific discipline, with 3-5 years relevant experience or an information management, informatics, or Library Science education.
An advanced degree, MS preferably in a scientific discipline with 1+ years relevant experience or an advanced degree, MS, in Information Management, Informatics, or Library Science is preferred
Demonstrated skill in online searching using professional information tools/databases. Knowledge of Medical Safety, Regulatory and compliance requirements with regard to literature surveillance is preferred.
Skill in advance searching techniques such as text mining and machine learning is a plus.
Must have solid interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. Strong attention to detail required.
Able to build customer relationships and to be a productive team member.
Must have ability to work independently and arrange workload to meet priorities and deadlines.
Office environment, including flex space, computer desk work, standing for oral presentations
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Role can be located at either Pearl River, NY or New York, NY locations.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Global Business Analysis & Information (Bai) Data Scientist Manager
Career CategorySales & Marketing OperationsJob Description
The Business Analysis and Information (BAI) Data Scientist Manager will support the development of a data science capability within Global Marketing. He or she will utilize quantitative / analytical skills to challenge the status quo and embed advanced analytics into the way that Amgen Global Marketing operates. The role will be responsible for leading insight generation and analytical support utilizing traditional patient level analytics as well as advanced data science techniques across sales, patient claims and promotional data sources.
This individual will apply techniques such as machine learning algorithms, natural language processing (NLP), dimension reduction, and system dynamic simulations to data sources including patient claims, EMR/EHR data, and prescription level data. The Data Scientist Manager will personally conduct analytics as well as partner with vendors on projects across the Amgen product and disease portfolio, encompassing Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology, Osteoporosis, Inflammation, and Nephrology.
The position will work closely with both the Global Business Analysis & Information (BAI) leadership team as well as Global Marketing to identify key areas or topics for insights generation. This role will report to the Global BAI Data Science Director.
Drive cross functional analytics projects from beginning to end; from building relationships with key business stakeholder across marketing, medical, value/access, forecasting & competitive intelligence, to identifying appropriate data sets, conducting analytics and summarizing / presenting key insights in support of decision making.
Define insight generation objectives, budgets and timelines for key analyses prioritized by team
Use analytics tools and scientific rigor to produce actionable insights
Present results to Global Marketing leadership (up to VP level audience)
Partner with IS and diverse network of Amgen data scientists to align on best practices and establish the foundation for a corporate-wide data science capability.
Manage relationships with external vendors / consultants that assist in analytics
Drive strategic and innovative approaches to solve key business problems.
Perform ad hoc analytics as needed and support priority projects
- Doctorate degree
- Master's degree and 2 years of data science, statistics, data mining, business analytics, and/or computer science experience
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of data science, statistics, data mining, business analytics, and/or computer science experience
Experience and demonstrated competency with statistical programming languages and analyses of complex data sets (e.g. patient claims data, EMR/EHR data)
Ability to solve complex business problems, sometimes in ambiguous situations
Experience programming with R, SAS, Python, PySpark, Data Bricks, and/or MATLAB
Experience with unstructured data
Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities of data stored in data warehouse or data lake repositories
Familiarity with cloud platforms is a plus (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Azure)
Ability to think strategically and in terms of the business to help teams synthesize business problems and recommend analytical approaches to formulate insights
Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a team-based environment
Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
Ability to influence senior marketing executives to take action on insights
Proficient facilitation, negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
Energetic, detail oriented with a "can do" outlook
Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Senior Information Scientist - UK / US / Remote
Senior Information Scientist
Instem is a world leader in developing solutions for the Pharmaceutical industry with over 40 years' experience in providing data acquisition and information management solutions for drug safety evaluation. Instem's solutions are supplied to an international set of blue chip customers. The software we provide is designed to work in a highly regulated environment. The successful candidate will have a rewarding experience learning and developing highly marketable professional skills. Instem is a Microsoft Gold Partner and is also partnered with many other companies including Oracle, SAP and SAS.
About the Role:
As a member of our growing group of servicespecialists you will be part of a team that is highly focused on providing SEND(Standard for Exchange of Nonclinical Data) related services to ourclients.
You will join a services team thathas extensive experience in Life Sciences, the SEND standard and other relatedregulatory standards/guidance. In-depthinitial training, mentoring and continuous learning is at the heart of ourstaff development.
To start, you will be an integral part of a team engaged in converting nonclinical data into SEND compliant datasets. As your Instem experience grows you'll advance to providing other SEND related services and client consultancy which may be provided either remotely or at the client site. This is a fast-paced, team environment, focused on providing high-quality services and consultancy to our clients in an ever-changing regulatory landscape.
Primary Responsibilities(with on-going training provided):
Maintaining an in-depth understanding of SEND and other regulatory standards/guidance
Performing reviews of preclinical data converted into SEND
Performing reviews for SEND (and other regulatory) compliance
Interfacing with and supporting service customers
Assisting with management of SEND service projects
Maintain/develop skills necessary to engage in additional SEND related consultancy services (with training provided as needed):
SEND Dataset Verification
Providing SEND/regulatory training and/or support to other Instem staff
Providing SEND conversion training and/or support to other Instem staff
Background, experience andpersonal attributes:
The following will be used to evaluate and recruit thesuccessful candidate.
Strong interpersonal skills
Desire to efficiently produce high-quality deliverables
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Outgoing, positive and engaging
Comfortable working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, yet also able to work independently
Good organizational habits and ability to meet deadlines
Desire for on-going professional development and continuous learning
Educational or professional experience in a Life Sciences/Preclinical environment or IT with an appreciation for complex data
Bachelors degree in Life Science (or similar field) or IT
Skilled using basic Microsoft applications
Youwill enjoy and expect periodic domestic and/or international travel.
All candidates will be required to demonstrate and exemplify Instem's core values:
Respect, Empowerment, Creativity, Integrity, Passion, and Enjoyment
Thesuccessful candidate can expect a competitive starting salary, a generousholiday allowance and regular performance and pay reviews designed to rewardpotential. Further to this, the company prides itself in employee training andthe successful candidate can expect to participate in relevant training schemesconcerning our market and products. Opportunities for future advancement also exist.
Apply today and learn moreabout how along with us, you can help our customers bring life enhancingproducts to market faster.
Instemprovides advanced and best-in-class IT solutions to the global health and lifesciences community which improves the productivity of their processes in thediscovery and development of new drugs, therapies and products.
For themore than 400 clients around the world, we are supplying breakthroughtechnology and services that help them efficiently access, capture, manage andenrich a wide array of data while generating new insight to advance theirmission.
Scientist II Or Sr Scientist
Location: Pleasanton, CA.
The successful candidate should have a background in molecular biology and human disease related fields, with hands-on experience designing, optimizing and validating multiplex PCR or NGS based products. IVD/CE-IVD product development experience is highly desirable including working under design control regulations and GMP laboratory conditions.
The individual will work under manager supervision to plan and conduct hands-on laboratory experiments independently, and apply advanced scientific knowledge to complete assigned projects.
Recommend innovative approaches, and/or expansion or curtailment of investigations based on experimental data or new scientific information arising from area of responsibility. Assume responsibility for timely completion of projects, and respond appropriately to changing priorities.
Accurately and consistently record experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks.
Analyze data, evaluate results, form conclusions, and determine future experiments.
Present findings and/or comprehensive project status reviews at internal seminars and department meetings. Apply advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents. Prepare summaries, internal reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.
Strong laboratory proficiency and experience with molecular techniques and concepts.
Knowledge of NGS based workflows including target enrichment, and library preparation is preferred.
Experience in assay design, optimization, validation, experimental design, data analysis, and data and concept presentation is preferred.
Job level (Scientist II/Sr. Scientist) will be determined based on relevant industry experience.
Central Business Solutions, Inc,
37600 Central Ct.
Newark, CA 94560.
Information Technician III
Place of Performance: College Park, MD
Salary Based on Experience
Period of Performance: One year plus three option years
A graduate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in communication or natural sciences or a clearly related field(s). Five (5) years demonstrated experience related directly to the individual Task Order. Demonstrated experience writing for the commercial electronic or written media in the area of science or related issues (for example, script writer for a scientific news program), is desirable. NOTE: a PhD in a related field may be used as a substitute for three (3) years of the required experience.
- Assists in the development of communication and information materials through appropriate protocols.
- Assists in the planning and development of written information materials that can by effectively understood by the intended audience (of varying degrees of scientific/program knowledge), including the general public, children, policy makers, other scientists, etc.
- Works with other members of an established communications team, subject matter experts, and center scientists and staff.
- Submits written communication products as requested. These written materials include brochures, newsletters, briefing papers, website content, and press releases.
- Prepare written communication materials in prescribed formats or formats developed collaboratively with staff.
- The ability to clearly and accurately translate and express complex issues in a variety of written forms is a requirement.
- High degree of familiarity with writing commercial electronic or written media in the area of science/program or related issues.
- Performs a variety of specific and complex tasks.
- Completes all assignments in a professional and independent manner.
- Primary job functions require a high degree of work independence and judgement.
Please submit your résumé in MS Word format when responding
EEO and drug-free workplace
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
Primary Responsibilities Include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Provide regulatory and compliance analysis, implementation, data analysis, and evaluation to identify potential fraud.
- Works with local management, investigators, and analysts to provide reactive and proactive case development support and to fulfill law enforcement data requests.
- Analyzes data to identify and compare norms, trends, and patterns
- Applies tools to detect potential fraud and support fraud investigations, organizing case files, research violations and accurately and document all steps taken in project development
- Maintains chain of custody on documents and follow all confidentiality and security guidelines.
- Validates data analysis results and analytically identifies potential fraud, waste and/or abuse situations in violation of Medicare/Medicaid laws, guidelines, policies, and regulations.
- Conducts self-directed research to uncover problems and provides data analysis support to the fraud investigation team in support of their investigation leads
- Supports management requests for CMS reporting requirements.
- Develops quality leads so that new case development can occur to meet contract requirements to identify new problems proactively
- Utilizes data analysis techniques to detect aberrancies in Medicare/Medicaid claims data and proactively seeks out and develops leads and cases received from a variety of sources including CMS and OIG, fraud alerts, and referrals from government and private sources.
- Works with Statisticians and Sr. Data Analysts to provide proactive data analysis results with statistically high probabilities of producing case referrals to law enforcement, overpayments, and/or administrative actions
- Responds in a timely and complete manner to data requests from internal and external customers
- Prepares, develops and participates in provider, beneficiary, law enforcement, or staff training as related to Medicare fraud, waste and/or abuse data analysis.so that contract requirements are met for case development access to data and innovative approaches to fraud
- Bachelor degree in statistics or related discipline with preference given to candidates with relevant work experience in healthcare claims analysis
- Have high proficiency level with MS Access and MS Excel.
- Requires 5+ years professional experience working with SAS, R, or Python to perform various types of data analysis.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulation is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of various database management systems in order to input, extract or manipulate information.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of health care information (health claims data specifically Medicare and Medicaid , ICD-9-CM codes, physician specialty codes, pharmaceutical data including NCPDP file formats and codes, provider identifiers, etc) is preferred.
Machine Learning Nlp/ Computer Vision Research Scientist / Principal Scientist
The Role / Responsibilities:
The Machine Learning NLP/ Computer Vision Research Scientist / Principal Scientist is a core member of the Emerging Business Unit (EBU) team, reporting to the Senior Director, ML and AI, Emerging Business Unit. This is a newly formed, highly visible team that is key to Moody's Analytics' (MA) long-term growth strategy that will lead our efforts to better understand and adapt to an environment characterized by widespread, technology-driven change. The EBU is charged with supporting innovation within our existing LOBs, developing opportunities in the "whitespace", enhancing our innovation process and understanding customers' technology preferences.
The Machine Learning NLP/ Computer Vision Research Scientist / Principal Scientist will, under supervision by the Senior Director, research, design, develop, and implement innovative Machine Learning, NLP, computer vision and deep learning solutions focused on natural language (text) and unstructured data that will advance Moodys Analytics capabilities across multiple business lines. On any day, the candidate could be doing any or all of the following:
Research emerging ML, computer vision (OCR), deep learning and NLP solutions applied to natural language (text) and unstructured data and be conversant with latest developments in these fields
Identify innovations in OCR, computer vision, text analytics and NLP leveraging ML/AI and deep learning to help advance automation, knowledge discovery, decision-making and insights, and streamline business processes or enable new capabilities in document understanding and knowledge extraction from text, images, speech and unstructured data,
Implement, prototype new algorithms for computer-vision OCR solutions, NLP, text analytics, and document understanding, using latest deep learning tools and framework (such as TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe) and develop, demonstrate, and validate novel ML, computer vision and NLP solutions in a hands-on role,
Evaluate custom, scalable deep learning and NLP solutions through prototyping, POCs and quantitative metrics, and handing off solutions to system engineers and stakeholder teams as needed
Develop new systems for evaluating NLP/NLU accuracy and performance and work with the data engineers in building better-annotated training corpora by assessing data collection and annotation processes
Discuss, suggest, and brainstorm new advanced technology solutions with team members
Explain complex models to non-experts, in layperson terminology to clients, stakeholders and managers, while also being able to discuss intricacies of complex algorithms with experts in the field
Prepare reports, presentations, for internal and external stakeholders, and as applicable, publish in peer-reviewed journals and magazines.
Attend, present at technical conferences, workshops, and meetups
Emerging Business Unit
Advanced or basic degree (recent PhD from top university / MS with 5+ years experience) in a quantitative field such as CS, EE, Information sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, or related, with focus on Machine Learning , AI , NLP , deep learning, and/or / data-driven statistical analysis & modelling
Demonstrated Experience in developing and
AI Research Scientist
New York, NY - USA
News and social media move financial markets. We are one of the largest producers of news in the world and ingests over 70,000 external news feeds and social media like Twitter each day. This data keeps our clients informed, and our team's insights help make sense of it for our customers.
Who are we? Our Artificial Intelligence (AI) group: researchers and engineers who have a passion for solving complex problems. Our charter: to extract relevant, meaningful, tradable, and actionable information (pricings, earnings, recommendations and major events) from data (news, web, social media, and structured data) in real-time. Since our customers rely on this information to make swift financial decisions, we guarantee precision, accuracy and latency beyond most academic and industry standards.
We aren't just building products. The infrastructure and algorithms we develop are used across the company by data scientists. We publish papers, attend conferences and contribute back to the larger data science community whenever we can.
Who are you? A research scientist who wants to work in the areas of machine learning, natural language processing, information extraction, reinforcement learning, graphical models, recommender systems and knowledge graphs. You want to join a close-knit group and make a big impact.
We'll trust you to:
- Work with researchers in our Engineering AI group on live systems
- Publish research findings in leading academic venues and represent the company at industry conferences
- Write, test and maintain production-quality code
- Design, experiment and evaluate models
- A PhD in AI, NLP, ML, Optimization, or equivalent experience in related fields
- 5+ years of experience programming in C++, Python or Java
- 3+ publications in top-tier conferences or journals (such as ACL, AAAI, SIGIR, KDD, EMNLP, ICML, NIPS or equivalent)
- A quantitative background (Probability, Statistics, Linear Algebra, etc.)
- Experience with distributed computational frameworks (YARN, Spark, Hadoop)
Clinical Laboratory Scientist At The Wind River Service Unit
We are seeking a Clinical Laboratory Scientist for a contract position at the Wind River Service Unit, PHS Indian Health Center, Ft. Washakie, Wyoming
Available Position: Temporary nursing services - Registered Nurses (RNs) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs).
Place of Performance: New Hampshire Veterans Home, 139 Winter Street, Tilton, NH 03276
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:45 pm on an as-needed basis each week. The schedule shall be coordinated monthly or quarterly with the Lab Supervisor.
Period of Performance: Five (5) years
SCOPE: The contractor shall provide all services in the laboratory of a general medical clinic, with responsibility for performing a variety of procedures including standard and complex tests and chemical analysis of body fluids in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Microbiology, Coagulation, and Serology.
- Contractor will accept and coordinate Medical Staff requests for performance of lab/x-ray services normally provided at WRSU. These services assist the Medical Staff in evaluation and treatment of patients seen at the WRSU.
- Specific Laboratory duties include patient reception, phlebotomy and performance of urinalysis, hematology, coagulation, chemistry, bacteriology and serology testing, to include utilization of any automation and all quality control and quality assurance requirements required by COLA accreditation standards.
- Performance of Laboratory testing must meet proficiency testing and accreditation standards. Requires skills in use of RPMS software
The purpose of the work is to operate the lab/x-ray section of the ambulatory care clinic to provide accurate and substantive examinations/tests for the medical staff in appropriately diagnosing and treating various diseases and trauma states, or in providing good preventative medical care. The work involves performing a full range of standardized chemical analyses/tests/exams, using various complex instruments/reagents, following established policies and procedures. The work efforts affect the accuracy, reliability and acceptability of the services provided by the laboratory/radiology department for the immediate medical community.
Primary personal contacts with the user population, to include all ages with various disease states, illnesses, deformities, injuries or handicaps. Other major contacts are with other Clinical Laboratory Scientists, Radiologic Technicians and other support staff within the lab/x-ray department, with other clinic and administrative staff of the facility and Indian Health Service, and with the various vendors. Telephone contacts with patients, vendors and other staff members are frequent. Promoting and supporting a Quality Work Environment for all patients and staff is essential.
PURPOSE OF CONTACTS:
The purpose of personal contacts is primarily to deliver high quality laboratory/x-ray care to the service population. Factual information is exchanged as well as planning and coordination work with others. Methodological problems and possible solutions are discussed to clarify information wanted, to resolve operating problems and to agree upon schedules and plans.
The work is essentially sedentary, requiring long periods of standing and walking. There is some bending and carrying of moderately heavy items such as film cassettes, film and processor chemicals. Some lifting and assisting of elderly, handicapped or pediatric patients is required, especially with radiology patient positioning. Manual dexterity is required for lab testing, especially maintenance and repair of sophisticated equipment. Due to space limitations, the work area is not handicapped accessible except in patient contact areas.
The work is performed in the laboratory/x-ray setting with a well-lighted and a temperature-controlled environment. Special safety precautions are required, including Universal Precautions. The work involves regular and recurring exposure to bloodborne pathogens, infectious materials and irritant chemicals. Use of personal protective gear such as lab coats, protective eyewear and protective gloves is required. There is exposure to unpleasant odors, unsightly specimens, injured patients and people in pain.
- The practical application of the principles, theories, and accepted procedures characteristic of the profession to clinical laboratory work.
- Skill in calibrating, verifying, operating and troubleshooting analytical instruments sufficient to independently performing recurring test and analyses, to evaluate new methods and to make minor modifications within established guidelines (CLIA).
- Skills in basic operation of computers, either freestanding or attached to clinical laboratory equipment.
- Understanding of related disciplines such as microbiology, chemistry, physiology, anatomy and their relationship to medical technology.
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory agency regulations, including CLIA, COLA, HIPAA, AAAHC is required. Basic knowledge of the Privacy Act and other compliance laws relating to patient care is required. Judgement is required to apply these regulations to the workplace in day-to-day operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology/ Clinical Laboratory Science at recognized college or university. Must show a thorough understanding and knowledge of the principles, theories, techniques and practices appropriate to medical technology such as can be gained through completion of education and training equivalent.
- License Certification: License must be ASCP or equivalent and active.
- Candidate must have at least 36 months experience of the requested discipline.
- Resume/CV: must include information relating to: (a) Professional Education; (b) Certifications; and (c) Previous jobs.
Data Scientist Class A - II
Help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, to enable smarter decisions that will deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
At least 3 years relevant experience required.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!