Inserting Machine Operator Job Description Sample
W+D High Speed Mail Inserting Machine Operator
The Operator makes certain the W&D Inserter is set-up and running at optimal efficiency and productivity per the job specifications, including; ensuring operational, safety and housekeeping procedures and practices are in place and followed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Sets up machine per individual job instructions;
- Runs machine at optimal speed, established by job instructions and meets production standards;
- Performs adjustments on machine to ensure optimal productivity;
- Loads components onto machine per job instructions;
- Performs regular quality checks on all components and finished packages to ensure quality standards are met;
- Recalibrates and cleans the equipment as required;
- Communicates job status and production concerns/issues during shift transition to ensure optimal productivity for following shift;
Results:Machine is running at maximum productivity per job specifications and quality standards are met.
· Ensures end product meets quality standards identified in job instructions;
· Notifies Lead Operator of component quality issues;
· Works with Lead Operator and Assistant Operator to resolve quality concerns;
· Performs regular quality checks during production of a job;
Results:Quality standards are met.
· Communicates maintenance concerns/issues to supervisors and maintenance staff;
· Ensures safety practices are followed;
· Performs stretching exercises, prior to beginning of shift;
· Wears appropriate personal protective gear, if necessary;
· Uses company provided tools and resources to ensure optimal ergonomics;
Results: No safety incidents during shift.
· Ensures stock staging area is kept organized;
· Ensures equipment area is kept clean and components are in staging area;
· Ensures component boxes and mail trays are out of workflow area:
· Sweeps floor, as necessary;
· Cleans equipment as required;
Results: Machine area is neat and organized with no clutter.
· Completes appropriate production and time reports, as assigned;
· Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
High school diploma or equivalent is required, minimum of six months experience as a W&D Inserter Operator Assistant or 2 years experience running production equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job;
- bending, stooping, repetitive motion, standing for long periods of time, moving up to 15 pounds regularly and lifting up to 45 pounds intermittently;
· Ability to read and interpret job instructions;
· Ability to work with computerized systems;
· Ability to work in a team environment;
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime and weekends;
· Ability to monitor production equipment for speed and quality;
· Ability to recognize sequential order;
· Knowledge of mechanical operations of equipment;
· Knowledge of production processes;
· Knowledge of computers;
· Basic knowledge of postal guidelines for sorted mail;
· Skill in operating equipment;
Keywords: saddle sticher, rotary feeder, shuttle feeder, perfect binder, muller martini, kolbus, goss,burhs,inline,affixing, bb700, S1, S2, book binder, selective, binder, inkjet, match mail, personalization perfect match, xijet
Innovairre leverages a scientific approach to marketing and fundraising, leveraging advanced data analytics and insights; progressive digital marketing; state-of-the-art CRM software; a proven creative and testing methodology; and leading capabilities in direct mail development, digital printing, and premium production.
-Pennsauken Township, NJ
-Mount Pleasant, IA
saddle sticher, rotary feeder, shuttle feeder, perfect binder, muller martini,kolbus,goss,burhs,inline,affixing,bb700,S1,S2, book binder, selective, binder, inkjet, match mail, personalization perfect match, xijet
Inserting Machine Operator
Inserting Machine Operator Lancaster Farming/Lancaster County Weeklies located at 1 East Main Street in Ephrata, PA is seeking a killed Inserting Machine Operator to join the mailing and fulfillment Team. A great controlled environment - the fulfillment center at Lancaster Farming is state of the art, a climate controlled environment with top-notch equipment and new business growth that assures longevity and security.
If you have experience working with an Inserting Machine (or similar piece of equipment), a high school diploma, good communications and analytical skills, and comfort with Microsoft Office Suite, we'd love to connect with you to pursue this opportunity. This is an immediately available opportunity tied to new business growth in our facility. Apply today www.steinmancommunications.com/jobs/ LancasterOnline.com.
Keywords: General Machine Operator, Location: Ephrata, PA - 17522
Inserting Machine Operator
Century Direct a marketing services provider specializing in data management, data processing and personalized printing located in Islandia, NY has opportunities for INSERTING MACHINE OPERATORS: 1ST shift 7:25 am - 3:55pm 2nd shift 4:15pm- 4:15pm SUMMARY: Set up and operate inserting machine and sort and prepare mail in accordance with United States Postal Services regulations.
Provide an accurate count of mail produced. Perform a variety of quality control functions to ensure total quality of the production of materials. Perform basic setups on machines in a timely manner.
Read recaps thoroughly and check jobs as to accuracy. Report any error or
$8.55 per hour
The Packaging and Distribution
department of the Herald-Tribune has openings for part-time
inserting positions for the day and night shifts. Work schedules will vary, up to 28 hours per week. Scheduled days per week will vary, but could include weekends.
The job consists of inserting pre-prints into the daily newspaper.
Air Conditioned warehouse
environment with casual dress code. Applicants must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. and be able to stand for 2 to 3 hours at a time. Must be 18 years of age
or older to apply.
If interested, apply in person only, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. At the location listed below.
1800 University Pkwy.
(one block west of US 301- North)
The Herald-Tribune encourages
applications from those with
The Herald-Tribune is a
Manufacturing - Machine Operator - Plastics Machine Operator - Molding
Job Title: Operator
Location: Delano, MN
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The employees in this position are responsible for the overall operations of the machine and the manufacturing of good quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
(The essential duties and responsibilities will have been satisfactorily completed when the following are demonstrated) Note: This only pertains to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and is not all inclusive of the entire performance evaluation process. Acceptable performance is based on first time quality of molded parts, machine productivity and work area cleanliness and organization.
Copier/Scanner/Fax, Computer, Phone System, Welding Equipment, Lathe and Mill Operation, Hand and Power Tools, Forklift, Ladders
- understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- understand problems, collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- communicate with individuals face to face; requires ability to hear and speak effectively.
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and quickly.
- orally and in writing, communicate technical information.
- add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- be able to see and hear 8+ hours per day.
- have visual acuity to perform activities such as running production machines, etc.
- possess good manual and finger dexterity (working with small bolts, nuts, screws, adding inserts, flushing out parts, flaming parts, etc.).
- sit, stand and walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- work at a rapid speed, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, stoop, reach and grasp 8+ hours per day for activities such as working on equipment, making repairs, etc.
- work in confined, tight spaces. Requires continuous finger movement and keyboard usage for carrying and using equipment, tools, etc. Extensive wrist movement is required.
- lift 50+ pounds, unaided on a regular basis. (hoists are available and should be used for parts and molds that exceed this weight level).
- use hand tools.(i.e, power drills, hammers, routers, etc).
- Exposed to heat, cold and potential internal temperature changes up to 8+ hours per day. Exposed to outside working environment when salvaging parts, roof and grounds work. Exposed to solvents when part cleaning, acids/corrosives when cleaning floor, dust, dirt, fumes/vapors/gases from plastics processes, ovens and propane tanks.
This position works independently 8+ hours per day and occasionally works directly with others. Must be able to work the hours/shift required. Ability to work additional hours, as needed to accommodate issues that may arise in the 24-hour operation.
This position exists in a production and shop environment, with occasional need to enter the office.
Personal Protection Equipment
- Eye safety glasses necessary to enter production area.Hearing protection must be worn when excessive noise is present on the production floor and in the shop.
Solar Plastics, LLC provides employees with a wide variety of benefits that include:
Life, AD&D & Dependent Life Insurance
Long-Term and Short-term Disability
Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Plan
Automatic Payroll Deposit Availability
Machine Operator In Windsor, CT
Performs responsible manual and machine operator tasks in the setup, maintenance and operation of inserting and bindery machines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Review and interpret recap instructions; order materials; complete production records, as required.
2. Perform process related trouble-shooting and correction to ensure dimensions and quality of piece; monitor production.
3. Perform cutting operations; make minor adjustments.
4. Perform folder operations and operate folder.
5. Hand gather folded work from conveyor; operate sheet collator and load labels into trays, as required.
6. Perform other bindery department operations, including proper separation of tray tags, collating, stapling and gluing.
7. Keep immediate work area neat and orderly.
8. Comply with company rules, regulations and procedures.
9. Maintain confidentiality of company-sensitive data.
10. Implement a commitment to quality philosophy and recommend methods and procedures to reduce cost and/or improve operating efficiency of the department.
11. Keep manager/supervisor informed of activities and situations that will impact the achievement of corporate or department goals and objectives.
12. Perform other related duties as required to achieve the goals and objectives of the department and company.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Thorough understanding of bindery and inserting equipment operation
- Ability to apply written instructions to machine operation and product quality.
- Good math skills
- Reliability through attendance, punctuality and attention to work station
- Demonstrates positive safety attitude
This position is temp to hire with benefits once the candidate is hired.
We need 2 candidates for a company in Commerce that manufactures plastic medical bags. Their clients are laboratories, hospitals, and other medical offices.
The candidates MUST be Flexible
Train in the 1st shift 7am-4:30a
Once training is complete work hours are either 2nd shift (2-10:30p) or 3rd shift (10pm-6:30a)
They pay rate is $ 13.00 -$14.00/hour. Position is Monday -Friday, overtime is possible.
Operating a machine that manufactures plastic bags. Operator will be feeding the plastic rolls into the machine and overviewing the outcome of finished goods. Setting up the machine via computerized system and inserting the blades are part of the position.
This position is in a manufacturing warehouse setting, where applicant will work closely with a group of people, operator must be alert and whiling to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be Bilingual-English-Spanish
- Must have some Machine Operating Experience
- Must have basic repeated word computer experience
Must have your own transportation
Must have clean background
Interview process prior to job offer, submit your resume today. to Lzuniga@staffingsolutions.us
Our executive staff members have over twenty years of experience leading the industry's premier staffing organizations. Our broad expertise encompasses;
Machine Operator / Stock Handler
Client company in Howard Lake has immediate opening for Stock Handlers / Machine Operators on all shifts.
1st shift M-F 7:00am - 3:00pm $10.25/hr
2nd shift M-F 3:00pm-11:00pm $10.80/hr
3rd shift Su-Th 11:00pm-7:00am $11.00/hr
*Insert mail and appy postage by operating an inserting machine at high speed, material stocking
*Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
*Attention to detail
*Stand on feet all day
*Ability to Pass Drug/Background Screen
Machine Operator Forklift Operator
Canfor is currently seeking Machine Operators and Utility Workers to join our team. We are looking for candidates who are interested in a growth opportunity in a production environment who will train in various areas of the mill site. This position involves manual labor and possible exposure to dust.
Expect competitive compensation and benefits, together with a safe, high-quality work environment and a great team of friendly, family-oriented and committed individuals.
- The ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Available to work 1st or 2nd shifts in labor and production roles
- Completion of grade 12, a GED or a minimum of 5 years related work experience, or equivalent training (eg. OSHA training, grading ticket, trade, etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills and communication
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process would be an asset
- Forklift experience and certification would be an asset
We have an established presence in the southern US and in Western Canada, as well as sales offices around the world, and are proud of our committed team of over 6,500 employees.
As we continue to expand our company and our markets, now is the ideal time to grow your career with Canfor. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees. Join Canfor for the stability, exciting career opportunities and growth potential while working for a recognized industry leader.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment.
Since its inception in 1990, Coast to Coast Forms has consistently outperformed as a provider of concrete shell building systems, delivering high quality and cost-effective workmanship. Our success comes from a steadfast commitment to the client’s vision, a culture of balance, integrity, leadership, and loyalty. Our passion for collaborative building practices can be seen in our projects that range from Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Okeechobee Counties.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!