Inspector Air Carrier Job Description Sample
Aviation Safety Inspector (Air Carrier Operations)
- Duties Help
Summary Serves as a Principal Inspector
(Operations) Part 121 functioning as the primary operations interface between assigned air carriers/air operators/air agencies/airmen/designees and the Federal Aviation Administration.
Business Component: Flight Standards Service, Office of Air Carrier Safety Assurance, Air Carrier Division F, Pacific Certificate Management Office Learn more about this agency
Responsibilities The Principal Inspector
(Operations) Part 121 functions as the primary operations interface between assigned air carriers/air operators/air agencies/airmen/designees and the Federal Aviation Administration. The incumbent has program responsibility under the Safety Assurance System (SAS) to assure that assigned organizations meet Federal Aviation Regulations with respect to operations programs.The inspector develops, administers and enforces regulations and standards concerning civil aviation safety including:
Examining airmen for initial and continuing qualification; evaluating airman training programs, equipment and facilities; evaluating the operations of air carriers and similar commercial aviation operations for adequacy of facilities, equipment, procedures, and overall management to ensure safe operation of the aircraft; and investigating and reporting on accidents, incidents, and violations. Determines the need for, and then establishes work programs for surveillance and inspection of assigned organizations within manpower and budget limitations to assure adherence to the applicable regulations. Under SAS inspectors continually collect data utilizing standardized tools designed for collection to determine area that need improvement. Inspectors analyze the data and determine risk levels to appropriately develop the course of action for negative findings.
50% or less
- The job may require up to 50% travel.
Supervisory status No
Who May Apply
This job is open to
… FAA Employees
- Internal Employees/Agency Employees Only. AVS-wide and AMA-200/800 employees. Questions? This job is open to 1 group. * #### Job family (Series) 1825 Aviation Safety
Conditions of Employment
US Citizenship is required.
Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
Must submit an SF50 (See Required Documents) * Designated or Random Drug Testing required.
Selectee must maintain a valid Second Class Medical Certificate.
Qualifications Single Agency Qualification Standard for the Air Carrier Operations option
(from the Operating Manual for Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions) is located at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1800/aviation-safety-series-1825/
Medical Requirements Applicants must be physically able to perform the duties of the Aviation Safety Inspector position in a safe and efficient manner and must meet all of the following requirements. 1. Have good distant vision in each eye and be able to read, without strain, printed materials the size of typewritten characters (glasses and contact lenses permitted); 2.
Have the ability to hear the conversational voice (hearing aid permitted); and 3. Not have any physical condition that would cause them to be a hazard to themselves or others that would interfere with their ability to fly as passengers in a variety of aircraft. In addition, applicants for positions that require participation in the operation of the aircraft must: 1.
Possess a valid second–class medical certificate in accordance with FAA regulations; and 2. Pass recurrent medical examinations as prescribed by the FAA. Applicants not requiring valid second-class medical certificates who are tentatively selected will be required to: 1.
Provide documentation from a board-certified physician certifying that they meet the minimal medical requirements; or 2. Individuals who do not meet the minimum medical requirements but who are otherwise qualified will receive an individualized assessment to determine whether they can perform the essential functions of the position.
Specialized Experience: To qualify for this position you must demonstrate in your application that you possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to FV-I, FG/GS-13 in the Federal Service.
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Qualifications must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement. Recency of specialized experience is waived for current and former FAA employees in the 1825 series.
For Lateral Movements Between 1825 Specialties: To assist in determining qualification requirements, applicants transferring between specialties at the same grade level are strongly encouraged to complete the appropriate Qualifications Assessment Tool (QAT) check sheet and upload it along with their resume.
Check sheets are contained in Order 3410.26, Flight Standards Service Air Carrier and General Aviation Qualifications Assessment Tool for AFS Aviation Safety Inspectors. This order is located at: .https://employees.faa.gov/org/linebusiness/avs/offices/afs/tools/qat/ ### Education Preview Job Questionnaire Make sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire.
Additional information We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions
. Position may be subject to a background investigation. A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies. The selectee will be located at one of the following locations:
Alameda, CA; Daly City, CA, Hawthorne, CA; Sacramento, CA; San Jose, CA; or Las Vegas, NV. The selectee must have experience in both Part 135 (10 or more aircraft) and Part 121 operations, will need to possess an FAA ATP license with a type rating in a Transport Category Aircraft, and will need to participate in the FAA Flight Program (EBC). As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for this announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA.
In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA, in your work history, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided.
Your answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate. Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements and selective factor(s), if applicable, may be further evaluated on the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one of the following categories: score order, category grouping, or alphabetical and referred to the selecting official for consideration.
This position is covered by the Department of Transportation's Drug and Alcohol Testing Program. Any applicant tentatively selected for this position will be subject to pre-employment or pre-appointment drug screening. Persons occupying a "testing designated position (TDP)" will be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
Ingrade/downgrade bids will be accepted. Some, all or none of the applicants may be interviewed. This is a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information:Locality Pay, COLA Read more
How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses. Read more
Background checks and security clearance
Security clearance Public Trust
- Background Investigation
Drug test required Yes
- Required Documents Help
Required Documents For Lateral Movements Between
1825 Specialties: To assist in determining qualification requirements, applicants transferring between specialties at the same grade level are strongly encouraged to complete the appropriate Qualifications Assessment Tool (QAT) check sheet and upload it along with their resume.
Check sheets are contained in Order 3410.26, Flight Standards Service Air Carrier and General Aviation Qualifications Assessment Tool for AFS Aviation Safety Inspectors. This order is located at: .https://employees.faa.gov/org/linebusiness/avs/offices/afs/tools/qat/ If you are an FAA employee, you MUST provide a copy of your SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) containing information in Blocks 15, 17, 18, 19, 22, and 24 so it can be used to verify your position title, series, grade, tenure, and organization of record by the closing date of the announcement. You may fax your SF-50 or upload it into the on-line application.
If faxing the SF-50, please ensure you include the vacancy announcement number on the faxed copy. If you are an FAA employee, you can access and print your SF-50 from the eOPF system https://eopf.opm.gov/dot/. #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits Help
Benefits A career with the U
.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits. Review our benefits Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply Help
How to Apply You must apply online to receive consideration
. Your application must have a status of "Received"
by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the Close Date for it to be accepted. If you are applying for positions associated with FAA registers, your application must have a status of "Received" each time a referral list is created in order to receive consideration for positions associated with register. IN DESCRIBING YOUR WORK EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE OR EDUCATION.
We strongly encourage applicants to utilize the USAJOBS resume builder in the creation of resumes.
Please ensure EACH work history includes ALL of the following information: * Job Title (include series and grade if Federal Job) * Duties (be specific in describing your duties) * Employer's name and address
Supervisor name and phone number
Start and end dates including month, day and year (e.g. June 18 2007 to April 05 2008) * Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week) * Salary Determining length of General or Specialized Experience is dependent on the above information and failure to provide ALL of this information may result in a finding of ineligible. You may upload completed documents to your USAJOBS Account.
This will provide you the opportunity to utilize the uploaded information again when applying for future vacancies. Please see this guide, Document Upload Guide, for more information on uploading and re-using the documents in your applications. Read more
Agency contact information
(310) 725-7814 ##### Fax (310) 725-7847 ##### Email email@example.com
Address Federal Aviation Administration AWP Regional HR Services Division
15000 Aviation Blvd. Lawndale, CA US Learn more about this agency
Next steps Candidates for FAA positions are evaluated using our Automated Vacancy Information Access Tool for Online Referral
(AVIATOR) system. AVIATOR compares your skills and experience as described in your application with the requirements of the position. If you are found to be an eligible, highly-qualified candidate, you will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration. (In some cases, individuals with priority for special consideration must be considered and selected before other candidates.) Whether or not you are contacted for an interview depends upon the location of the position and the judgment of the selecting official.
- If you make any change to your application, you must resubmit it. If you change your application and do not resubmit it, your changes will not be considered part of your application package, and your previous application will be considered.
FAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of political affiliation, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or other non-merit factors. DOT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us. Decisions on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Additional information on reasonable accommodations procedures or on EEO Programs is available on Office of Civil Rights (ACR) or by contacting the local FAA Civil Rights Office. Read more
- Fair & Transparent
& Transparent The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race
, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants Read more
Reasonable Accommodation Policy Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate
. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events. You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job.
Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency. Read more
Legal and regulatory guidance
Social security number request
Signature and false statements
New employee probationary period This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490588000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered. Open & closing dates: 02/06/2018 to 02/26/2018 Service: Excepted
Pay scale & grade:* FG 14 Salary: $89,370 to $116,181 per year The salary listed above is base pay only. Locality pay will be based on the duty location of the selectee. See the other Information section below. Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule:* Full-Time
Carrier Sales / Carrier Broker
Perishable Distribution Solutions is looking for an individual such as yourself that brings a wide variety of experience, knowledge, and energy to revitalized organization that is on the up and up....
Responsible for executing the customer's request for transportation via the most efficient and cost effective manner while providing the highest level of Service. The Carrier Broker/Carrier Sales is a front line representative of Perishable Distribution Solutions and must constantly demonstrate our commitment to providing the highest level of service to our clients and ensuring fair business practices with each of our vendors.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
Responsible for brokering freight, third party logistics, dispatching and assigning transportation vendors based on client demands and service requirements.
Ability to perform in an environment with rapidly changing priorities and competing deadlines
Intimate knowledge of logistics including carrier alternatives, pricing and potential problems.
Cold calling carriers and negotiating rates
Develop strong network of carriers (REFRIGERATED / DRY / COLD STORAGE LTL)
Negotiate rates with drivers for best return on gross profit per load
Proficient use of transportation software such (MCCLEOD, TMW, FREIGHTWARE, AS400, MERCURY GATE
Assign loads to trucks, following company policy on planning requirements and HOS
Monitor shipment status, reply to e-mails, process updates and act as point of contact for carrier and customer
Document daily check calls in TMS System or other
High degree of initiative and independent execution. You are capable of thriving as a team player but are also driven by autonomy
Meet all internal and external customer requirements through efficient, profitable, and timely movement of freight.
Collaborate with team leaders to develop the most cost effective transportation model and execute to that model.
Ability to read a map and communicate directions effectively
Communicate changes in load status to applicable parties
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrate professional behavior at all times
Understand and execute customer requirements
Successful team experience and ability to apply good team work skills
Follow SOP's and work instructions.
Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Ability to handle high volumes of inbound communication
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
2) Able to demonstrates ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately. Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
3) Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments. Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
4) Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
5) Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
6) Demonstrated, solid understanding of Logistics and Transportation including carrier alternatives, pricing, geography and ability to foresee potential logistical problems.
Partnered with Weinstein Wholesale Meat, Inc. which provide their customers with the finest beef, pork, poultry, lamb, and veal products. Over the years, their commitment to listening to the customer and delivering what the customer wants has contributed to the formation and success of Perishables Distribution Solutions. Today, Weinstein Wholesale Meat, Inc. and customers with Similar commodities in nature are consolidated and delivered to every Midwestern state as well as several major hubs in the southern and eastern United States.
Logistics Coordinator - Carrier Sales
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual for a Logistics Coordinator - Carrier Sales position in our new Addison, TX Logistics (brokerage) office. If you are interested in a rewarding position with a growing division of one of the largest temperature controlled transportation companies in the nation, come and join our team at KLLM Logistics Services, a division of KLLM Transport Services, LLC.! This position combines carrier sales and development, operations management, and account management in order to best serve our clients.
As a Logistics Coordinator you will serve as the primary contact for carriers and will work to manage a book of business for ultimate carrier and client satisfaction. You will provide carriers and clients with the highest level of service and support in order to retain their business and grow their accounts while maintaining a carrier friendly environment for consistent capacity needs.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Source carrier capacity by locating carriers through our extensive internal and external networks to cover costumer's freight needs
- Negotiate carrier rates on a spot or transactional level to maximize profitability
- Maintain carrier files and carrier compliance
- Source and procure carrier services to ensure timely pick-up and delivery of customer freight
- Proactively identify and resolve carrier issues on specific loads
- Work directly with drivers and carriers to ensure on schedule pickup and deliveries
- Recommend process improvements and implement
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality
- Identify and collaborate with customer service/ sales to resolve customer issues with sense of urgency
- Create solutions and provide options for customer's needs
- Assist with any administrative and accounting needs
- Complete all administrative tasks to ensure 100% customer satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree or relevant equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of sales, customer service, or related experience
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, while delivering independent results
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, and influence others
As a Logistics Coordinator, you will receive:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401 (k)
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- And a great work environment with a company that cares!
Carrier Relations Network Analyst
We are growing! Scientel Solutions is currently looking for an experienced Carrier Relations Network Analyst located in Chicago, IL area . This candidate is responsible for facilitating and managing implementations of various bandwidth and interconnection services from third party network vendors and involves heavy levels of external and internal customer-facing communication. This individual will be the primary liaison with CLECs ILECs, Data Center, POP, and MMR operators during the provision of circuits, wavelengths, extended demarcation points and collocation space within commercial facilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate delivery of circuits, space, power and cross-connects and project manages third party provider during implementation via telephone and written correspondence.
- Coordinate connections with both external parties and internal teams. Plays a pivotal role in tracking and maintaining third party access and network connection services.
- Ensure services are delivered correctly, cost effectively and on schedule while facilitating communications between all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- 2+ years’ experience in telecom (operations experience is a plus.)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Word/Excel).
- telecom: 2 years
Lombard, IL (soon moving to Aurora, IL)
Partner With The Carrier Voted #1 In LP Program Success!
Are you looking for more independence in your professional driving career? With the #1 lease purchase program in the industry, Taylor Truck Line has the opportunities that will help you get rolling with your personal trucking business.With payments as low as $400/week, equipment rental has never been easier!
Start leasing your truck quickly, easily, and without breaking the bank! We offer 12-36-month leasing options, plus an ample amount of support to assist you and your business on a path towards occupational success!• Weekly payments as low as $400• 12-36 month lease terms• $1k escrow account• 9% maintenance escrow ($10k cap)• 2 years bumper to bumper warranty with additional warranty up to 750k miles on select models• Guidance to help manage your business smoothly while you're on the road
Are you ready to take the next step in your professional driving career? Partner with Taylor Truck Line today!Call to speak with a recruiter, or take a few minutes to fill out our short form to see if you qualify.
Broker / Shipper / Carrier / Trucking / 3PL Account Executive
POSITION SUMMARY Manage client relationships, including collateral verification, at production, risk management and service levels consistent with the business objectives of the company.The AE manages a portfolio of 60-70 client relationships averaging a total of $15M in monthly sales volume.Account executives are also responsible for the training and supervision of Customer Service Representatives (CSRs).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide outstanding customer service while maintaining credit controls to prevent portfolio loss exposure.
- Provide training, direction and oversight of verification procedures performed by CSRs.
- Timely submission of client funding requests.
- Maintenance of strong control procedures to mitigate loss exposure.
- Effectively communicate with clients and senior management.
- Strong understanding of Risk Management Program and application of protocol based on client Risk Rating.
- Maintain portfolio delinquency
- Participate in creating working environment and business culture that optimizes both customer service and risk management disciplines.
- Identify training and development strategies for all reporting staff.
- Manage resolution of Open Credits, Post Verifications and Confirmations on accounts as needed.
- Daily review and resolution of disputes.
- Daily review and resolution of checks received that are not payable to lender.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- A college degree is preferred; will consider industry experience or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in factoring operations.
- Knowledge of freight, transportation, and/or logistics industry is preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Professional customer service and Microsoft Office skills to effectively process client and collateral requests related to servicing a growing invoice portfolio.
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused at high levels of productivity.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service while meeting funding deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions and directions given by manager.
SALARY AND EMPLOYMENT
- Pay range dependent on skill, education, experience levels.
- Comprehensive company benefits include: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K and more.
Since 2004, Advance Business Capital has provided invoice factoring for over 7,000 small to mid-size businesses. Our name has changed to Triumph Business Capital, but our success is still measured by the value we bring to each and every client relationship. The strength of our commitment is reflected in product innovation and the strategic partnerships we've established.
A Triumph Company
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Triumph Bancorp, Inc. is a financial holding company with a diversified line of community banking, commercial finance and asset management activities. From its founding, the vision of Triumph Bancorp has been centered on four core business priorities: delivering value, developing people, demonstrating expertise and displaying a commitment to enterprise success. Triumph Bancorp currently trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol TBK.
P/U needed for Immediate Opening
Immediate Route positions open in Carrollton and Richardson!
Star Delivery Service is in immediate need of route drivers! The candidates considered for these positions will have a 2008 or newer open pick-up with a full-size bed. They will also have a dolly, cell phone, and tie downs, straps/cargo net.
We are experiencing a MAJOR GROWTH phase and are also in need of experienced route and hotshot drivers in minivans, cars and SUVs.
Apply Monday thru Friday from 8:30 to 10:45 am in person at:
Star Delivery Service, Inc.
2009 108th Street #904
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Seattle Times Newspaper Carrier
The Seattle Times is seeking Newspaper Carrier's to join our team in the Bellevue, Factoria, Issaquah and Sammamish areas! Monthly gross profit is approximately $1000-$2500+ monthly depending on route size. In addition our best carriers also receive $100+ in monthly tips. Delivery takes approximately 2-3 hours per day. Yes.. we do publish 365 days per year but our carriers love what they do and the relationships they build with their customers. Our Newspaper will be available for pick up daily in Factoria at 2:00-2:30 AM. Some inserting required, no collections and deliveries are made to customer porches, driveways and mailbox tubes by 5:30 daily and 7:00 AM Sunday. Successful candidates must have reliable, economical transportation, Valid WA DL and insurance, flexible schedules and a desire to exceed customer service expectations. Call now at 206-652-6523 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deliver products in a dry/readable condition to customer homes in a timely manner
- Load and unload vehicle
- some inserting required
- provide your own means of reliable transportation on a daily basis.
- Previous newspaper experience a plus but not necessary.
- Flexible schedules
- Good driving record
- Valid WA DL and insurance
- Ability to exceed customer expectations
Carrier Sales Representative
Location: Chicago, IL
DeGroot Logistics is building a best in class 3PL team that serves the refrigerated segment of the national transportation market. As our company continues to grow, we are seeking a driven Carrier Sales Representative to join our team. At Degroot Logistics, we partner with our customers and carriers by arranging transportation solutions to meet their complex supply chain needs. Simply stated, our carrier partners need to keep their trucks loaded and rolling. Our team provides the solutions that help make our partner’s operations more efficient.
As a Carrier Sales Representative, you will be responsible for developing and nurturing relationships with carriers. On a daily basis, the Carrier Sales Representative identifies carriers that can best support our customers’ supply chain needs and negotiates the best shipping solution to meet that need. You will work closely with a dedicated Customer Sales Representative as a team to identify short and long term opportunities.
Due to our company’s rapid growth, this Carrier Sales Representative will have a large impact on helping to build and develop a high performing sales team. Therefore, if you consistently demonstrate success in hitting goals and exceed expectations, then you will be provided an opportunity to highly impact our fast-growing business.
* Support our customer’s needs by developing strong relationships carriers
* Identify and develop partnerships with new carriers in the marketplace
* Negotiate pricing and route availability with carriers on a daily basis
* Expand carrier partnerships by using data analytics and internal resources
* Conduct regular account reviews with our carrier partners to maintain relationship and proactively prevent issues
* Partner with internal team members to provide the excellent customer service and the best cost-effective solutions to our customers
* Resolve issues by identifying the problem, thinking critically to determine the best course of action, and implementing the best solution for our customers
* Ensure successful completion of day to day commitments to our customers and internal team members
* Study and understand emerging trends in the market
* Bachelor’s degree
* 2+ years of sales experience with proven record of meeting/exceeding company quotas
* Passion for building strong external and internal relationships
* Proven negotiation skills
* Ability to motivate and influence others
* Excellent Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
* Ability to multitask and deliver under tight deadlines
* Goal-setting Mentality
* Decisive in a Fast-Paced Work Environment
* Enthusiastic, persistent, and confident approach
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!