Automotive Reconditioning Manager
This position is responsible for managing and directing the vehicle reconditioning administrations functions supporting Manheim's Recon Services. The Recon Administration Manager is responsible for leading a team that is responsible for coordinating vehicles through the reconditioning fulfillment process, logistics, pricing, quality control, and imaging. This position will have direct, daily management and responsibility for the Account Administrators, Body Repair QC Technician, Client Service Coordinators, Parts Coordinators, and Vehicle Photographers.
* Responsible for setting the daily production pace of the recon administration and production team to deliver daily, weekly and monthly against committed volumes to multiple customers
* Managing the recon administration and production team ensure maximum efficiency while maintaining quality output in accordance with company and customer guidelines
* Responsible for building and maintaining relationship and communication with all sublet recon vendors to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company and client SLAs and high-quality customer service and support
* Seek continuous improvement through the implementation of process and procedures developed for the recon administration and production operations
* Manage the flow of vehicles through the recon services operation, providing timely reporting on the key performance metrics and safeguarding the inventory assigned to the recon administration and production team
* Maximize team's productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications, and research and develop resources that create a timely and efficient workflow
* Communicate with the client service coordinator and the customer on the status of inventory in process, anticipated reconditioning requirements and estimated delivery date
* Monitor and direct the work of recon administration and production team to maximize performance and adjust assignments as needed to minimize encumbrances to the process
* Determine and oversee allocation and scheduling of staffing levels to meet all customer quality and completion commitments as well as maximization of recon operations profitability
* Oversees the quality control of vehicles as established by recon services operational standards
* Communicate, discuss and collaborate with Recon Services Leadership and other Recon Services locations to share process improvements, efficiency gains and best practices
* Measure process efficiency and effectiveness and implement improvement strategies as needed. Establish and communicate production goals and work schedule assignments in a reasonable and timely manner
* Review and document quality and production metrics for all positions and implement training or other corrective measures as needed
* Educate and ensure compliance on all Inspections, Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Guidelines
* Ensure complete and thorough employee on-boarding and ongoing training programs for employees
* Analyze and organize office operations and procedures such as approval of payroll time for office staff, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services
* Manage the purchase and maintenance of equipment, materials and supplies required for the operation of the recon service facility and control the use and consumption of supplies
* Provide and maintain a safe work environment by communicating, monitoring, and enforcing all required safety procedures and complying with all OSHA, EPA and State or local safety and compliance regulations
* Maintain and monitor systems to process customer transactions according to established guidelines. Monitor and keep current with Department of Motor Vehicle laws and regulations
* Counsel and disciplines employees as necessary; plans, monitors, and evaluates job performance by conducting performance appraisals
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence
* Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox Automotive values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect
* Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
* Actively work with other departments to create strong relationships and increase efficiencies
* Partner with various support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high-quality customer service and support
* Perform other duties as assigned by management
* High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 3-5 years' experience in client support and administrative supervision.
* Experience in the Automobile or Auction Industry preferred.
* Strong communication and interaction skills required
* Competent management and excellent organizational skills required
* Valid driver's License and good driving record required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong business acumen with focus on operations
* Effective management, leadership, and organizational skills
* Knowledge of reconditioning operations, operational financial statements and the ability to act decisively based on sound judgment
* Ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc). Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks. Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts hazard, electrical shock hazard and toxic or caustic chemicals. Moderate noise level.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
* Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company's 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
POST JOBS FOR FREE