Inspector Elevators Job Description Sample
Elevator/Amusement Ride Inspector
Only applicants who meet the Minimum Qualification Requirements and Selective Requirements (listed below) will be placed on the eligible list.
Iowa Workforce Development is looking for qualified individuals to fill an Elevator/Amusement Ride Inspector position to perform the functions below and related additional duties as assigned.
This individual will be responsible for performing inspections of amusement rides and concessions, elevators, escalators, moving walks, wheelchair lifts and related equipment to protect the public from hazards created by lack of compliance with state rules and codes including American Society of Mechanical Engineer and other standards adopted by reference in Iowa. They will also identify hazards, prepare necessary reports, invoices and other documents as needed.
Other requirements of the position will be to conduct elevator and amusement ride accident investigations involving interviewing witnesses, operators and maintenance personnel as well as checking maintenance logs, reviewing and investigating other factors in an attempt to determine the cause of the accident and then preparing written reports.
Additionally, this employee will inspect plans, procedures, blueprints and materials to be used in installation, repair or replacement of elevators, escalators, moving walks or lifts prior to construction to ensure proper installation.
Persons in this role will also participate in litigation concerning investigations and inspections, when required.
Qualified applicants will be attentive to detail, attentive communicators and must have a customer service focus, organizational skills and regular work attendance. They also must be certified by the National Association of Elevator Safety Authorities within 6 months of hire.
They must obtain National Association for Amusement Ride Safety Officials Inspector Certification Level 1 within 1 year and National Association of Amusement Ride Safety Officials Level III within 5 years. Amusement Ride certification may be waived to meet the business needs of the Division.
Applicants may attach a resume/cover letter to the online application.
178 Elevators – Inspection, Installation and Maintenance
6 months' experience, 12 semester hours, or a combination of both in the inspection, installation, and maintenance of elevators.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Graduation from high school or G.E.D. and experience equal to four years' work as a journey level mechanic in construction, installation, repair, or inspection of elevators (passenger and/or freight), amusement rides, escalators, moving walks, lifts, and/or dumbwaiters;
graduation from an accredited two-year junior college with an associate's degree in engineering or industrial technology and two years' experience in construction, installation, repair, or inspection of elevators (passenger and/or freight), amusement rides, escalators, moving walks, lifts, and/or dumbwaiters;
graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in engineering or, industrial technology and one year experience in elevator/amusement ride safety;
one year of experience performing the duties of an elevator/ride inspector in a jurisdiction with substantially equivalent safety inspection rules, regulations and experience requirements.
For additional information, please click on this link to view the job description. Additional Qualification Requirements
All appointees to this classification must successfully complete a QEI certification examination offered by the National Association of Elevator Safety Authorities or similar organizations within twelve months of employment. Appointee must also obtain National Association of Amusement Ride Safety Officials (NAARSO) Inspector Level 1 certification within one year; and Level 2 certification within five years of employment. Similar certification offered by the Amusement Industry Manufacturers and Suppliers (AIMS International) organization will be considered in place of like levels of NAARSO certification.
Employees must be bondable. Extensive travel overnight is required. Employees must arrange transportation to and from assigned work areas.
Quality Inspector I
San Marcos, CA 92078
Pay Rate: $15-$18
Hours: 7:30am-4:30pm 5/8 Schedule
Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Inspector will maintain quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, finished products, and recording the results. Excellent communication and leadership skills are a must, as well as a keen attention to detail.
- Inspect all commercial products at receiving and in-process inspection.
- Complete operation sheet with stamping and dating for controlled production.
- Maintain lot traceability.
- Interpret production schematics, specification and/or blueprints.
- Perform final inspection of complex assemblies or first article inspection.
- Administer prescribed inspection procedures, set up and checks.
- Perform visual inspections on production bench-assembled components and subassemblies for conformance.
- Predetermine electrical and/or mechanical standard, specification or tolerances.
- Prepare effective reports and presentation of departmental information.
- Maintain effective and constructive working relationships with others both internally and externally.
- Employees are responsible to understand and support the quality policy and the appropriate elements of the quality management system for their areas of work, reduce, eliminate, and prevent quality deficiencies including escapes.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities related to product, process, and quality system.
- All employees have the responsibility and authority to identify quality deficiencies, elevate any concerns for action within or related to our quality system and processes.
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in medical and/or manufacturing QA inspection.
- Must be able to operate standard inspection devices and/or elementary testing equipment.
- Able to build and test complex subassemblies and final assemblies.
- Must be able to read and understand wiring diagrams; schematics, blueprints.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and follow verbal and written job instructions.
- Experience working in a controlled environment where lot traceability is required.
- Computer experience (using Excel) for data collection.
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Requires US citizenship or permanent resident status.
Inspector Packer I
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
Print Inspector Packer - Modified Day Shift M/T/W 7:00A.M. to 7:00P.M. and Th 7:00A.M. to 1:00P.M. & Modified Evening Shift M/T/W 7:00P.M. to 7:00A.M. and Th 5:00P.M. to 11:00P.M.
Pack all lines at standard rates.
Identify part quality issues and support equipment problems. Immediately notify operator, mechanic, group lead, or supervisor.
Maintain assigned line in a clean orderly condition and follow- Safety and Sanitation procedures/ policies. Department sanitation conditions will require individuals to mop oil, wipe grease, and sweep.
Perform "utility" duties: Assemble cases to specifications including labeling and numbering; relieve for breaks, restock lines with packaging supplies, and housekeeping as assigned.
Train new packers on proper packing technique.
Participate in small group duties or projects as assigned by the supervisor or group lead.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues.
Ability to work overtime as needed
Ability to work weekends as needed
One (1) year of manufacturing experience in an industrial and/or manufacturing fast-paced environment
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (800) 545-3278 Ext 3390 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (800) 545-3278 Ext 3370 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Inspect first articles and items in process to determine if client specifications are being met.
- Inspect and approve labels.
- Inspect incoming items from vendors to ensure they comply with requirements.
- Inspect client-returned product for quality issues and complete receiving report if necessary.
- Quarantine, identify and notify appropriate personnel concerning suspect material.
- Perform final inspection on products packaged in-house prior to being shipped.
- Perform final inspection on identified items received from vendors prior to being shipped.
- Move product to designated area after completion of final inspection.
- Maintain inspection records using available paperwork and computer system for all activity.
- Complete Certificate of Compliance for items meeting specific requirements.
- Operate an Industrial Lift Truck and Pallet Jack.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Follow safe-working practices at all times.
- Recommend measures to improve quality.
- Provide training for Quality or Production staff, as assigned.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent is required, Associate’s degree or higher preferred; two or more years of work experience in a production/assembly environment.
- Intermediate data entry and navigation skills on computer,
- Ability to communicate and exchange information with others in person and via email,
- Ability to analyze a situation to resolve routine problems,
- Ability to prioritize tasks in changing situations,
- Detail-orientation and ability to identify errors,
- Accuracy in basic math computations,
- Ability to motivate oneself to complete tasks,
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment,
- Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions,
- The trait of being reliable and dependable regularly report to work as scheduled,
- Availability to work some overtime during the workweek and/or on weekends,
- Ability to move frequently about the facility.
- Ability to position oneself to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
The Quality Inspector works in a well-lit factory environment with exposure to shop elements such as moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and moderate to loud noise.
Range Safety Inspector
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Satisfy the requirements of the government’s work plan.
- Provide range safety inspection services in accordance with MCO 3570.1C, Range Safety, Range SOPs, and Range Cards specific to corresponding ranges.
- Conduct on-site range inspections.
- Conduct an on-site range safety brief to the training unit that covers all areas of the Range Card from the Range SOP.
- Make on-site recommendations to the Officer in Charge of the training event to correct safety issues and facilitate the safe continuation of training.
- Deliver the Range Safety Officer feedback on units’ use of training facilities. Feedback shall be from review of actual training performance, personal interviews, and customer comment sheets in order to revise special instructions in range packets, Range Cards, and Range Control procedures.
- Assist with the generation and tracking of work requests to correct facility deficiencies (as required).
- Assist in the coordination of maintenance support (as required).
- Adhere to regulations, SOPs, and safety procedures within all training areas.
- Adhere to Company vehicle policies.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- High School Diploma.
- Range Safety Distance Learning Course (MarineNet).
- One-year experience working in the range control community.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Initiative based personality.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Prolonged outdoor exposure to the elements.
- Daily travel in training areas during work day.
Quality Control Inspector
|JOB TITLE:||Quality Control Inspector||DATE REVISED:||1/15/2019|
|REPORTS TO:||Quality |
The Quality Control Inspector, under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, conducts routine and non-routine inspections of raw materials and transit vehicles in various stages of the rehab or repair process in order to maintain product quality. The Quality Control Inspector uses a variety of testing devices and procedures to ensure the established standards are maintained for each contract or scope of work.
- Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency
- Inspect raw materials to ensure consistency and integrity
- Maintain, test, and troubleshoot instrumentation devices
- Track defects, test results, and other regularly reported quality control data
- Identify critical points in the manufacturing process and specify sampling procedures to be used at these points
- Identify and address potential problems before they occur
- Additional cross-functional duties as needed
- Related training or experience as a QC Inspector
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Valid driver’s license – willingness to obtain Class B CDL within 6 months
- Mechanical knowledge of air brakes and air systems as well as diesel and CNG engines
- Electrical knowledge is a plus
- Computer skills including Word and Excel. Access is a plus
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / email@example.com
- 1863 Service Court, Riverside, CA 92507
Quality Control Inspector
Are you interested in a position that is challenging and innovative? Be part of what's next!
Oil States Industries, Inc. is a highly respected global designer and manufacturer of diverse products for offshore platforms, subsea pipelines, defense and general industrial applications. Since our founding in 1942, we have been known as innovators - crossing new frontiers in all the markets we serve. We continue to pioneer products and solutions through application of our technologies across industry boundaries. Oil States recognizes that our employees are our greatest asset and we offer employee programs that enrich and protect our employees.
Oil States is currently looking for qualified candidates for the position of
Quality Control Inspector I (nights) for the Tulsa, Oklahoma Facility.
In our organization, the Quality Control Inspector I has a critical and challenging role in helping achieve innovation and meeting our commitments.
Ensures products produced meet Customer/OSIBH requirements and will assist in determining critical characteristics of products/material that they will be inspecting and be able to report and identify findings related to Acceptability and Non-Conformance of what they are inspecting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs in-process and final inspections by visually and dimensionally using required instruments per Customer/OSIBH requirements.
Assist performing necessary test in-accordance to Customer/OSIBH requirements.
Perform first piece inspections on products.
Complete reports, related paperwork, and ensure all information is recorded accurately.
Assist in issuing NCR's through OSIBH NCP Web System.
Maintain 5S in assigned work area.
Adhere to "JSA's" Job Safety Analysis requirements.
Performs other duties as required.
To apply, please visit our website at oilstates.com/careers
Be part of what's next at Oil States Industries, Inc.!
Over 75 years in business
An Equal Opportunity Employer
High School diploma or equivalent.
Manufacturing inspection experience with a minimum 2 years related to quality control is a plus.
Mechanical aptitude desired.
Mathematical skills (addition/subtraction, multiplication/division, algebra, trigonometry, geometry) are a plus.
Ability to convert decimals to fractions and vice versa
Basic understanding of blueprints, charts and graphs, customer drawings and specifications.
Good working knowledge of measuring equipment, such as calipers, PI tapes, micrometers, height gage, and inside micrometers is a plus.
Must have good verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge and understanding of quality control system and associated procedures which meet or exceed ISO 9001 requirements is a plus.
- Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Focuses on solving conflict rather than blaming others; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Cost Consciousness
- Works within approved project and departmental budgets; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions and responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Lifting and moving up to 10 pounds frequently and in excess of 20 pounds occasionally.
Frequent walking, bending, reaching and pulling required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Site Map | Terms & Conditions
© Oil States International, Inc. All rights reserved.
Quality Assurance Inspector
The Quality Inspector provides guidance to ensure customer requirements are met by performing visual and gauge based inspection of molded and printed finished goods. Attribute and variable data is observed and collected to determine conformance to established quality specifications. Other contributors to safety, quality and food safety are also observed or inspected, including adherence to safety policies, good manufacturing practices, established methods, procedures, and polices, and raw material conditions.
A Quality Inspector communicates deviations from quality specifications, control limits, and other requirements, as well as trends approaching deviation to fellow employees in the respective production areas, including supervisors and managers as needed, in a timely and effective manner so that corrective action can be implemented.
A Quality Inspector has the discretion and is empowered to require correction, place materials on hold or release them from hold, determine materials to be scrapped, and stop a process partially or in whole. Essential Functions and Duties Molding Inspection: • Collect shots and samples from the production floor. • Perform variable inspections that provide metrology data such as size, weight, thickness, or opacity. • Perform attribute inspections comparing to established standards that note the presence or absence of a physical, visual, or functional characteristic or defect.
Examples of these attributes include holes in product, deformation, contamination, and damage. Printing Inspection: • Sign-off new jobs after changeovers. • Perform variable inspections that provide measurement data such as surface pretreatment levels and calorimetry. • Perform attribute inspections comparing to established standards that note the presence or absence of a physical, visual, or functional characteristic or defect.
Examples of these attributes include ink color and density, image accuracy, proper pretreatment and cure, and proper packaging.
Attributes from the molding process are reassessed at this point as well. • Assist with setting standards and creating visual reference guides. General: • Make rounds on the production floor, observing and inspecting product quality, process capability, and conformance to all applicable requirements, including safety, food safety, quality, and good manufacturing practices. • Record the results of inspection and observation activities into the appropriate computer or paper based forms and systems. • Identify quality concerns from observations, inspections, and review of collected data. • Communicate quality concerns, including potential non-conformities, deviations from standards, specifications and control limits based on variable and attribute inspection, as well as general inspection and observation activities to the appropriate operators for awareness and technical personnel for resolution. • Perform containment actions on potentially nonconforming materials including: o Identification of the scope – start and stop – of the concern. o Placing materials on real or virtual hold in the appropriate system. o Dispositioning nonconforming materials in an expedient and timely manner when possible. o Communicating the action to the appropriate personnel. o Documenting the actions. • Interrupt production if product quality is unacceptable based on established standards and cannot be adequately managed through containment or disposition activities. • Complete reports and documentation in a timely and accurate manner, including quality assurance notifications, rework logs, end-of-shift reports. • Communicate concerns, issues, and activities with coworkers, supervision and management within and across shifts to ensure visibility and acknowledgment of those concerns, issues, and activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. · The employee must demonstrate the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision Communication Skills · Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals. · Ability to write routine reports or correspondence. · Ability to effectively present information in in one-to-one or small group situations including with customers, third party visitors, and other employees of the organization. · Demonstrable team skills including problem solving and managing conflict preferred. Mathematical and Technology Skills · Perform arithmetic.
Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide. · Understand and utilize decimals. · Basic computer skills including email, word processing, simple spreadsheets, and use of electronic forms. Reasoning Ability: · Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. · Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in word, mathematical, or diagram form. · Deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Education and/or Experience · High school diploma or GED equivalent. · One or more years working in a quality related position preferred. · One or more years working in a molding or printing position preferred.
Location: Orlando, FL
Rate: $20.00 - $24.00/HR
Duration: 6 month contract
Candidates must be U.S. Citizens
Permanent residents are NOT eligible for this role
Dual citizens are NOT eligible for this role. Also, candidates with a current non-U.S. passport in addition to a U.S. passport are NOT acceptable
Selected candidate must be able to obtain a secret clearance if needed
J-STD-001, IPC 610 and IPC 620 certification required
Experience with hardware acceptance and qualification testing is a must
Knowledge of Industry standard Quality specifications.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering drawings, product specifications, test procedures, MIL standards and requirements.
Position requires extensive experience in mechanical and electrical inspection.
Experience in inspecting circuit card assemblies, to industry standards, a must.
Must have the ability to communicate, in adequate detail, nonconformance information that is concise and accurate.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions is required.
Must have adequate experience to understand and communicate how these conclusions affect the assembly, next higher assembly and customer satisfaction.
Must have a strong understanding of configuration management and supplier quality.
The ability to utilize a variety of inspection instruments and gages to properly evaluate product conformance to the requirements is a must.
Tools used are, but are not limited to calipers, scales, micrometers and height gages. Experience with hardware acceptance and qualification testing is a must.
Familiarity with TipQA system.
Ability to identify and implement process improvements.
Training certification(s) from ASQ.
TipQA and CostPoint experience and proficiency with the use of a FARO Arm.
Candidates for this position with a dual mechanical and electrical background and are proficient in both would be preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Training certification(s) from ASQ.
- At least 7 years of construction inspection and/or quality assurance experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with Multi-Family and Commercial Developments preferred;
- Experience working on multiple projects in an urban environment, including at least one project of $5 million or more.
- Must demonstrate extensive experience in performing quality control inspections for various construction trades for compliance to construction documents. Candidates should highlight particular trades that are strengths.
- Candidates should have strong project reporting skills and experience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!