Furniture Sales Design Associate, Full Time: South Coast Plaza
Looking for a fulfilling and fun job that's integral to the success of one of America's most historic brands? Then join Macy's Retail Sales or Support teams! Join us and immediately become a part of what makes Macy's special. Macy's values you as an individual. We are committed to your personal growth and development as we work together to support an exceptional experience for our customer.
The Furniture Sales/Design Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service by demonstrating advanced product knowledge and building quality client relationships in order to increase sales volume and repeat business. Additionally, the associate is responsible for ensuring design solutions and educating clients through furniture consultations whether in the store or at the client's home.
Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
* Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macy's tablet app
* Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy's devices or their own
* Assist customers in all aspects of service fulfillment (i.e. BOPs), and have the ability to qualify customer needs, figureout what's right for them, and then get them in touch with the right associate, MBA, or Personal Shopper.
* Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
* Give outstanding customer service to clients by providing house calls, project management, floor planning, and hourly fee consultation when requestedby clients
* Actively build and maintain clientele file, through on-going self-marketing and external clientele including requesting referrals from existing clients, soliciting new clients through outside business relationships, and keeping detailed records of client purchases and future needs to build business
* Achieve sales and credit solicitation goals while displaying prompt,courteous, knowledgeable, and professional customer service
* Maintain and develop individual partnerships with design markets and other industry support
* Maintain knowledge of special order vendor catalogues and work confidently with special order resources
* Make 30-day check-in calls to keep clients informed on the status of their orders and to assess product satisfaction
* Follow-up with thank you notes upon placing orders
* Provide comprehensive floor plans with each project to allow client to fully understand proposed design
* Provide warranty, care, upkeep, and delivery information to clients
* Take returns back willingly and turn them into exchanges/sales when possible
* Proactively develop a self-marketing plan
* Take ownership in the department's readiness for business including resource upkeep, floor moves, set-up and takedown of signs, and tagging
* Communicate with managers regarding customer service, sales, andinventory issues
* Attend interior design sessions and seminars to keep up with changing professional criteria
* Demonstrate high sales ethics standards
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Follows shortage programs and procedures
* Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
* Regular,dependable attendance and punctuality
High School Diploma or equivalent. A minimum of one year of home furnishing experience or equivalent training.
Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Able to use a calculator.
Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves frequently lift up to 30 lbs. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to design floor plans. Possess a strong sense of urgency. Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers. Possess a thirst for learning. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends,and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal OpportunityEmployer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Help make life
POST JOBS FOR FREE