Inspector Hairspring I Job Description Sample
Quality Assurance Inspector
The Quality Inspector provides guidance to ensure customer requirements are met by performing visual and gauge based inspection of molded and printed finished goods. Attribute and variable data is observed and collected to determine conformance to established quality specifications. Other contributors to safety, quality and food safety are also observed or inspected, including adherence to safety policies, good manufacturing practices, established methods, procedures, and polices, and raw material conditions.
A Quality Inspector communicates deviations from quality specifications, control limits, and other requirements, as well as trends approaching deviation to fellow employees in the respective production areas, including supervisors and managers as needed, in a timely and effective manner so that corrective action can be implemented.
A Quality Inspector has the discretion and is empowered to require correction, place materials on hold or release them from hold, determine materials to be scrapped, and stop a process partially or in whole. Essential Functions and Duties Molding Inspection: • Collect shots and samples from the production floor. • Perform variable inspections that provide metrology data such as size, weight, thickness, or opacity. • Perform attribute inspections comparing to established standards that note the presence or absence of a physical, visual, or functional characteristic or defect.
Examples of these attributes include holes in product, deformation, contamination, and damage. Printing Inspection: • Sign-off new jobs after changeovers. • Perform variable inspections that provide measurement data such as surface pretreatment levels and calorimetry. • Perform attribute inspections comparing to established standards that note the presence or absence of a physical, visual, or functional characteristic or defect.
Examples of these attributes include ink color and density, image accuracy, proper pretreatment and cure, and proper packaging.
Attributes from the molding process are reassessed at this point as well. • Assist with setting standards and creating visual reference guides. General: • Make rounds on the production floor, observing and inspecting product quality, process capability, and conformance to all applicable requirements, including safety, food safety, quality, and good manufacturing practices. • Record the results of inspection and observation activities into the appropriate computer or paper based forms and systems. • Identify quality concerns from observations, inspections, and review of collected data. • Communicate quality concerns, including potential non-conformities, deviations from standards, specifications and control limits based on variable and attribute inspection, as well as general inspection and observation activities to the appropriate operators for awareness and technical personnel for resolution. • Perform containment actions on potentially nonconforming materials including: o Identification of the scope – start and stop – of the concern. o Placing materials on real or virtual hold in the appropriate system. o Dispositioning nonconforming materials in an expedient and timely manner when possible. o Communicating the action to the appropriate personnel. o Documenting the actions. • Interrupt production if product quality is unacceptable based on established standards and cannot be adequately managed through containment or disposition activities. • Complete reports and documentation in a timely and accurate manner, including quality assurance notifications, rework logs, end-of-shift reports. • Communicate concerns, issues, and activities with coworkers, supervision and management within and across shifts to ensure visibility and acknowledgment of those concerns, issues, and activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. · The employee must demonstrate the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision Communication Skills · Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals. · Ability to write routine reports or correspondence. · Ability to effectively present information in in one-to-one or small group situations including with customers, third party visitors, and other employees of the organization. · Demonstrable team skills including problem solving and managing conflict preferred. Mathematical and Technology Skills · Perform arithmetic.
Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide. · Understand and utilize decimals. · Basic computer skills including email, word processing, simple spreadsheets, and use of electronic forms. Reasoning Ability: · Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. · Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in word, mathematical, or diagram form. · Deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Education and/or Experience · High school diploma or GED equivalent. · One or more years working in a quality related position preferred. · One or more years working in a molding or printing position preferred.
Quality Control Inspector
Are you interested in a position that is challenging and innovative? Be part of what's next!
Oil States Industries, Inc. is a highly respected global designer and manufacturer of diverse products for offshore platforms, subsea pipelines, defense and general industrial applications. Since our founding in 1942, we have been known as innovators - crossing new frontiers in all the markets we serve. We continue to pioneer products and solutions through application of our technologies across industry boundaries. Oil States recognizes that our employees are our greatest asset and we offer employee programs that enrich and protect our employees.
Oil States is currently looking for qualified candidates for the position of
Quality Control Inspector I (nights) for the Tulsa, Oklahoma Facility.
In our organization, the Quality Control Inspector I has a critical and challenging role in helping achieve innovation and meeting our commitments.
Ensures products produced meet Customer/OSIBH requirements and will assist in determining critical characteristics of products/material that they will be inspecting and be able to report and identify findings related to Acceptability and Non-Conformance of what they are inspecting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs in-process and final inspections by visually and dimensionally using required instruments per Customer/OSIBH requirements.
Assist performing necessary test in-accordance to Customer/OSIBH requirements.
Perform first piece inspections on products.
Complete reports, related paperwork, and ensure all information is recorded accurately.
Assist in issuing NCR's through OSIBH NCP Web System.
Maintain 5S in assigned work area.
Adhere to "JSA's" Job Safety Analysis requirements.
Performs other duties as required.
To apply, please visit our website at oilstates.com/careers
Be part of what's next at Oil States Industries, Inc.!
Over 75 years in business
An Equal Opportunity Employer
High School diploma or equivalent.
Manufacturing inspection experience with a minimum 2 years related to quality control is a plus.
Mechanical aptitude desired.
Mathematical skills (addition/subtraction, multiplication/division, algebra, trigonometry, geometry) are a plus.
Ability to convert decimals to fractions and vice versa
Basic understanding of blueprints, charts and graphs, customer drawings and specifications.
Good working knowledge of measuring equipment, such as calipers, PI tapes, micrometers, height gage, and inside micrometers is a plus.
Must have good verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge and understanding of quality control system and associated procedures which meet or exceed ISO 9001 requirements is a plus.
- Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Focuses on solving conflict rather than blaming others; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Cost Consciousness
- Works within approved project and departmental budgets; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions and responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Lifting and moving up to 10 pounds frequently and in excess of 20 pounds occasionally.
Frequent walking, bending, reaching and pulling required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Site Map | Terms & Conditions
© Oil States International, Inc. All rights reserved.
Location: Orlando, FL
Rate: $20.00 - $24.00/HR
Duration: 6 month contract
Candidates must be U.S. Citizens
Permanent residents are NOT eligible for this role
Dual citizens are NOT eligible for this role. Also, candidates with a current non-U.S. passport in addition to a U.S. passport are NOT acceptable
Selected candidate must be able to obtain a secret clearance if needed
J-STD-001, IPC 610 and IPC 620 certification required
Experience with hardware acceptance and qualification testing is a must
Knowledge of Industry standard Quality specifications.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering drawings, product specifications, test procedures, MIL standards and requirements.
Position requires extensive experience in mechanical and electrical inspection.
Experience in inspecting circuit card assemblies, to industry standards, a must.
Must have the ability to communicate, in adequate detail, nonconformance information that is concise and accurate.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions is required.
Must have adequate experience to understand and communicate how these conclusions affect the assembly, next higher assembly and customer satisfaction.
Must have a strong understanding of configuration management and supplier quality.
The ability to utilize a variety of inspection instruments and gages to properly evaluate product conformance to the requirements is a must.
Tools used are, but are not limited to calipers, scales, micrometers and height gages. Experience with hardware acceptance and qualification testing is a must.
Familiarity with TipQA system.
Ability to identify and implement process improvements.
Training certification(s) from ASQ.
TipQA and CostPoint experience and proficiency with the use of a FARO Arm.
Candidates for this position with a dual mechanical and electrical background and are proficient in both would be preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Training certification(s) from ASQ.
Quality Inspector I
San Marcos, CA 92078
Pay Rate: $15-$18
Hours: 7:30am-4:30pm 5/8 Schedule
Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Inspector will maintain quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, finished products, and recording the results. Excellent communication and leadership skills are a must, as well as a keen attention to detail.
- Inspect all commercial products at receiving and in-process inspection.
- Complete operation sheet with stamping and dating for controlled production.
- Maintain lot traceability.
- Interpret production schematics, specification and/or blueprints.
- Perform final inspection of complex assemblies or first article inspection.
- Administer prescribed inspection procedures, set up and checks.
- Perform visual inspections on production bench-assembled components and subassemblies for conformance.
- Predetermine electrical and/or mechanical standard, specification or tolerances.
- Prepare effective reports and presentation of departmental information.
- Maintain effective and constructive working relationships with others both internally and externally.
- Employees are responsible to understand and support the quality policy and the appropriate elements of the quality management system for their areas of work, reduce, eliminate, and prevent quality deficiencies including escapes.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities related to product, process, and quality system.
- All employees have the responsibility and authority to identify quality deficiencies, elevate any concerns for action within or related to our quality system and processes.
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in medical and/or manufacturing QA inspection.
- Must be able to operate standard inspection devices and/or elementary testing equipment.
- Able to build and test complex subassemblies and final assemblies.
- Must be able to read and understand wiring diagrams; schematics, blueprints.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and follow verbal and written job instructions.
- Experience working in a controlled environment where lot traceability is required.
- Computer experience (using Excel) for data collection.
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Requires US citizenship or permanent resident status.
- At least 7 years of construction inspection and/or quality assurance experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with Multi-Family and Commercial Developments preferred;
- Experience working on multiple projects in an urban environment, including at least one project of $5 million or more.
- Must demonstrate extensive experience in performing quality control inspections for various construction trades for compliance to construction documents. Candidates should highlight particular trades that are strengths.
- Candidates should have strong project reporting skills and experience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Inspector Packer I
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
Responsible for conducting on-line visual inspection and packing of semi-finished/finished products in accordance with company standard operating procedures.
Conduct on-line visual inspection of semi-finished/finished products, verify package counts, inspect for sanitary condition of product, insure integrity of the film seal, manually transfer finished product to an area approximately 10 feet away.
Perform quality checks according to standard operating procedures.
Maintain production standards while consistently monitoring all aspects of the process from work station to workstation.
Maintain a clean work area by sweeping, raking and manually retrieving product from the production floor and placing it in the appropriate locations for disposal or recycling.
Start up, clear jams, reset and shut down machinery as needed according to standard operating procedures.
Notify Machine Operator or Supervisor of any discrepancies or defects in product.
Complete quality checklist making the appropriate notations according to standard operating procedure.
Work closely with other Inspector/Packers and Machine Operators in a team environment rotating to each job position as required and performing additional tasks during break periods.
Perform duties in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with established company policy.
Perform other duties within the incumbent's skill and ability as assigned by supervisor.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
Demonstrate minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
Proven record of stable employment
Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Six (6) month's manufacturing experience inspecting, packing, and stacking products
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (800) 545-3278 Ext 3390 or email us at email@example.com for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (800) 545-3278 Ext 3370 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.
QC Inspector I
QC Inspector I
Pay Rate: DOE
Candidate must have computer skills/ability to learn new computer programs.
Education and Experience
High School degree or GED. Completion of formal inspection training program within 90 days of assignment. One (1) year quality inspection experience or two years GAC manufacturing experience. Two (2) years manufacturing experience or equivalent aerospace experience preferred.
In a team oriented environment, perform all tasks in Initial Phase Manufacturing, Composites, Final Phase in a timely and efficient manner to ensure aircraft parts, sub-assemblies, major assemblies, and installations are built to type design data.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Perform inspection duties utilizing engineering drawings and orders, route cards, inspection travelers, work instructions, technical specifications, QA procedures and instructions, and other related documents. 2.
Perform preliminary and progressive inspections of aircraft structure and systems, verify functional operation, final inspections, inspect for FOD and verify paperwork. Witness, verify and document specified manufacturing process steps. 3. Perform conformity/first article inspections to ensure compliance with FAA approved procedures. 4.
Ensure the proper use and storage of area tools and equipment. 5. Conduct work in a manner that enhances own/other employees health and safety, product safety and promotes risk reduction; participate openly in safety-related event investigations, and immediately report workplace hazards and make suggestions for control; cooperate and contribute toward the overall success of the Safety program at the local level.
Additional Functions: 1. Provide technical support to manufacturing personnel. 2.
Perform area inspections to ensure compliance with applicable standards and
Building Construction Inspector III
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is located with the Departmentof General Services, Facilities Planning, Design & ConstructionDivision. The position is responsible for management of projects locatedin the Western Maryland region, with the office located in Carroll County.
Main Purpose of Job
This Construction Inspector position performs inspection, record keeping, contract administration and construction management functions for construction contracts awarded by the Department of General Services. Also orders services from and evaluates performance of construction supporting contracts, such as: a.
Construction and post-construction services portion of architect/engineer contracts; b. CITS (Construction Inspection and Testing Services) contracts.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1.Review plans andspecifications during design phase. Prepare and submit comments. Monitorincorporation of comments into design. Advise superiors if significant commentsare not incorporated by the designer.
2.Become completely familiar with plans and specifications prior topre-construction conference. Bring to supervisor's and architect's attentionany issues requiring resolution.
3.Visit job site with the frequency required to ensure work is performed inaccordance with the contract documents and to monitor progress.
4.When contractor's work does not comply with contract documents or progressis not on schedule, initiate action to correct quality and timeliness.
5.Request CITS/A-E inspection/testing assistance when required.
6.Keep current with applicable codes (BOCA, NEC, NFPA, etc).
7.Ensure contractor's work complies with other State agencies regulations(i.e. – MDE, MOSH, Labor & Industry).
8.Be knowledgeable of and enforce job site safety.
9.Conduct warranty inspections. Follow-up and ensure timely correction ofnoted deficiencies.
1.Obtain contractdocuments, award letter, before pre-construction conference.
2.Schedule and hold pre-construction conference.
3.Obtain and maintain access to job site.
4.Hold bi-weekly progress meetings. Review PCO and submittal status, jobprogress.
5.Review/process contractor invoices.
6.Track report progress using contractor's monthly CPM schedule. Use scheduleto review contractor requisitions, evaluate requests for time extensions.
7.Review and process PCO's. Evaluate for entitlement, cost and time.
8.Prepare work list, punch list for use at work list, substantial completioninspections.
9.Monitor work list, punch list completion.
10. Prepare 50%, 100% contractor performance evaluations.
11. Prepare A/E performance evaluation.
12. Ensure all required close-out actions are taken prior to processing finalrequisition.
1.Coordinate projectactivities with the A/E. Using Agency, CITS, Project Manager. Arrange meetingsnecessary to resolve disputes, issues.
2.Request interpretation or decision on matters needing additionalclarification from appropriate parties (Area Supervisor, Regional Manager, A/E,and Project Manager).
3.Notify superiors, progressively through the chain of command, of problemssignificant issues and/or cost issues. Be persistent in seeking resolution ofsuch problems from superiors.
4.Aggressively follow-up and resolve open issues with Contractor, UsingAgency, A/E, Project Manager or other DGS Construction personnel.
5.Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with the usingagency.
6.Insist contractor, A/E meet their contractual obligations.
7.Recommend acceptance of work to Area Supervisor/Regional Manager.
8.Get punch list completed in a timely manner.
9.Close-out project in a timely manner.
1.For all assignedprojects produce accurate and concise daily inspection reports, weekly
Construction Status Report updates, and special reports as required.
2.Record job site progress, issues with photos.
3.Set up and maintain project file in accordance with the Region's orDivision's standard filing system.
4.Maintain a PCO log using Division's standard format.
5.Maintain a submittal log.
6.Warranty inspection reports – Record areas/systems inspected anddeficiencies found.
7.Test reports – Maintain file of all required test results.
8.For tests required by the specification but not performed, document decisionnot to perform test with a memo to the test file.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of building construction experience, three years of which must have been at the level of supervisor or building codes inspector on building construction projects.
Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a non-commissioned officer in Civil Engineer Corps classifications or Technical Engineer or Civil Engineering specialty codes in the Engineering field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please providesufficient information on your application to support that you meet thequalifications for this recruitment. All information concerning yourqualifications MUST BE submitted by the closing date. Informationsubmitted after the closing date will not be considered.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or collegecredit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to beingoffered a position. We highly recommend that you submit your transcriptwhen you apply for the position.
The examinationwill consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related tothe requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed onthe employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTERQUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED.
The eligibility list will be valid for one yearand may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring agency to selectemployees. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of thesame classification.
You MUST possess theminimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job –Verification will be completed by the appointing authority. If you arescheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six monthsof the examination, you may participate in the examination process.
PermanentState employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within sixmonths of the date of an examination. Credit is given for relevantpart-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hoursworked per week. You must include on your application the time spent onsuch activity. You must be legally authorized under the United StatesImmigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which youapply.
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
Applicants are encouraged to upload proofof education (transcripts), professional licenses and certifications,when applicable, during the recruitment process as these items will be required atthe time of selection.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org orcall 410-767-1386 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLYpreferred. Apply online at www.dbm.maryland.gov – click on the
State Jobs tab. If you are unable tosubmit your application online, please send your paper application to:
HumanResources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311,Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing dateand time.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland iscommitted to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflectiveof the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates areencouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to ourcountry.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet. View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.
This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here. Apply via Paper Application. You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.
45 Calvert Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
300-301 West Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
Toll Free (800) 705-3493
MD Social Media Directory
Telecom/Fiber Field Inspector (King Of Prussia, PA)
- Oversees, inspects, and monitors contractual field work which includes excavations, boring, placement on hand hole, aerial strand and fiber cable installation, and restoration of work areas
- Schedules work and inspection phases with contractors superintendent and agency personnel.
- Advises contractors of violations and recommends adjustments to operations
- Takes field measurements of to verify contractor billing; checks placement of and performs quality reviews of construction.
- Recommends changes to construction plans to meet field conditions or provide project cost savings.
- Maintains project records which include daily diaries, materials notebooks, as-built plans, and pay quantity records
- Evaluates and monitors progress schedules, prepares work orders, and monthly estimates
Field Construction Inspector
Provide independent onsite construction quality assurance and inspection services as a high-level construction inspector to support the overall operational objectives of the Civil Engineering Unit (CEU) Oakland. The Field Construction Inspector (FCI) contractor shall provide inspection services specified herein in connection with construction projects for Government contracts as developed by Civil Engineering Unit Oakland (CEU Oakland).
Provide all onsite inspection and construction quality assurance services required to deliver completed construction project in compliance with contract documents. The number of projects assigned to the FCI shall be at the discretion of the Supervisor/Construction Section and may involve recurring overnight travel to various USCG project sites in California, Oregon and Washington. The number of concurrent projects assigned shall be limited such that assigned as per this Scope can be completed within a 40 hour standard workweek with no overtime work hours required.
Qualifications and Other
- The Field Construction Inspector (FCI) assigned must have knowledge of building and construction crafts since detailed inspections must be performed to ensure the required workmanship. The FCI shall be capable of reading and understanding contract drawings and specifications. Furthermore, the FCI shall have a minimum of five years of applicable experience on construction projects or other similar experience acceptable to the Contracting Officer. This experience shall include a wide range of trades including, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, roofing, and general building construction.
- Knowledge of acceptable current construction Building Codes in general, procedures and practices, materials and equipment used in the construction of buildings, public works and marine facilities. This knowledge is necessary to render determinations of satisfactory contract performance, for identification of factors which could affect contract cost, impact/delay completion time and for recognition of jobsite safety violations.
- Ability to understand and interpret construction specifications and plans. This knowledge is necessary to confer with contractor's representatives at the site and to ensure quality assurance compliance with the project design.
- Knowledge of contract administrative techniques to ensure that proper administrative procedures are followed in the initiation of contract modifications, in inspection reporting and record keeping, and in contacts with the contractor's personnel. This knowledge is also necessary to monitor the contractor's quality control program, inspections, tests, records and their specific operation controls.
- Knowledge of construction cost estimating to determine the adequacy and validity of contractor's partial payment requests and to assist in making cost estimates for contract modifications.
- Skills to communicate effectively by both verbal and written means as the primary on site spokesperson to coordinate operations between the contractor and the Unit where the construction work is being accomplished, and to provide necessary through and concise information to Government and public officials. Ability to utilize Windows 10 and MS Office software as part of the standard USCG IT Workstation applications are highly desirable.
AC4S is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!