Inspector Open Die Job Description Sample
Tool And Die Maker - 3Rd Shift (2 Open Positions)
Title: Tool and
Function: Production / Distribution Support
Location: Skokie, IL, United States (7450 N. McCormick Blvd.)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Shift: 2nd (2:30 pm–11:00 pm) preferred, or 3rd shift (10:30pm–7:00am)
Build, repair and maintain stamping tools. Must have the knowledge and ability to perform major rebuilds, sharpen and repair blanking dies. In addition, this job requires a person to have a working knowledge of form, draw and progressive tooling. Rubber mold experience a plus. Must be able to trouble-shoot press and die problems in production environment. An eligible candidate must efficiently run all conventional Tool Room machine tools and possess personal tools and gages necessary to perform the above tasks. Will be expected follow all safety policies and suggest improvements to existing processes and procedures.
1. Experience trouble shooting die and press problems.
2. TMA graduate preferred (or equivalent) who has completed formalized apprenticeship.
3. Journeyman with a minimum of 5 years post apprenticeship bench experience.
4. Ability to fabricate and debug new dies.
5. Knowledge of proper die build procedures.
6. Knowledge of punch press equipment and metal forming processes.
7. Self-motivated individual; positive attitude.
8. Independent; proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
9. Safety conscious.
10. Team oriented; good communication skills.
11. Ability to work from verbal and written instructions.
12. Must be able to operate all equipment required to perform the above job functions.
13. Customer focused individual.
1. Proficient computer skills.
1. Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to forty pounds on a daily basis.
2. Ability to walk and move around, stoop, bend and climb (ascend and descend) power lift truck platform.
3. Ability to stand for an eight hour shift.
4. Ability to reach and grab with arms and hands, and manual dexterity to operate machines with precision.
5. Normal or corrected vision necessary to read directions and closely examine parts; and to distinguish colors.
6. Ability to pull, lift and transport dies on carts to and from various locations within the assigned location.
As a global leader in the design, manufacturing and distribution of world class automotive aftermarket brands, our products are found virtually on every type of vehicle and in all four corners of the globe.
We continue to delight our customers. Help us dream and innovate. Federal-Mogul Motorparts offers challenging, rewarding careers in a dynamic industry. We are always searching for exceptionally talented individuals looking to share our passion while building their careers and broadening their capabilities. Your future in our global organization will be driven by your ambitions and initiative and fueled through established training & development and career path planning. Become part of the story.
** Open Interviews ** Quality Inspector
Job Description OPENÂ INTERVIEWS: Thursday Feb. 8th, 2018 10:00AM - 2:00PM.
Bacon Memorial District Library: 45 Vinewood St, Wyandotte, MI 48192, Second Floor. Questions? Kelly Wilcox, Recruiter at Kelly Services (248) 824-0139. Length: Long-Term/Indefinite Assignment Starting pay: $12.00 / Hour + pay increases at 3 and 6 months based on attendance and performance.
Schedule: Must be able to work both 12 Hour shifts, Rotating Shifts every two weeks. Day: 6:45am
6:45 pm Afternoon/Evening: 6:45pm
6:45am Every Other weekend off (3 day weekend) Job Objective Â· Perform visual inspection and/or minor finishing and basic assembly of small auto molded parts. Â· Required to work full shift in a fast pace environment. Â· Must have the patience to sit for extended periods of time while performing job tasks. Â· Must have with basic math skills and experience using measurement tools: rulers, gages, etc. Â· Accurately record data into plants electronic database systems. Â· Must be capable of lifting 30 lbs on a frequent basis. Â· Must perform all duties in a safe manner following all rules and protocols. Â· Frequent interaction with internal customers
No external customer interaction. Personal Protective Equipment Steel toe shoes/boots, hard hat, safety glasses, work gloves, hearing protection, and long pants.
Equipment/Tools Basic measurement tools; ruler and gages; Clippers, scrappers, Allen wrenches and powered hand carts. Interact with HMI and databases.
Highlights Long-Term / Indefinite Position
- Maintain your position with good attendance and performance!.
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Construction Inspector - Job Pool / Open Continous
Candidates must demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills and be able to communicate clearly to give field direction, if/when necessary. Candidates must be able to accomplish tasks assigned with little or no supervision. Ability to work in a team oriented environment a must.
Note, this is a pool position and a pool of qualified candidates will be established for future vacancies. Openings, locations, and duration of assignments may vary. Perform daily construction inspection to ensure contractor is building per contract plans and specifications.
Record detail Daily Inspection Report accurately reflecting the construction progress. Assist in quantity estimate, change order process, marking as-built drawing of actual construction and site condition, taking progress photographs and logs, tracking schedules and maintaining good working relationship with contractor and client. Must have the ability to communicate and give field direction to contractor, if/when necessary.
Must be able to accomplish tasks assigned with little or no supervision. Must be able to read and understand blue prints. Education and Experience:
Minimum of High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related disciplines a plus. Minimum 3 years experience working in the industry as a construction inspector on major highway or bridge construction projects.
Multi disciplines experience including grading, asphalt and concrete paving and drainage system, retaining wall , pile driving etc.
Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
Caltrans certifications for sampling and testing may be required. Knowledge of computer software: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including word and excel) CALTROP Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not base employment decisions on an individual’s race, sex, color religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels without regard to race, color , religion , age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. All decisions are based on individual merit, qualifications, and competence as they relate to the particular position, and promotion of the principle of equal employment opportunity. In addition, CALTROP Corporation will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job.
Please advise us if you need assistance completing the application, participating in the interview and selection process, or performing the essential functions of the job for which you are applying. ID: 2011-1115 External Company URL: www.caltrop.com
About Ellwood Texas Forge Houston
Part of the Ellwood Closed Die Group, ETFH is located in Houston, Texas. Ellwood Texas Forge closed-die forged components can be found in some of the most challenging applications around the world -- in industries such as Aerospace, Mining, Oil and Gas, Military, Transportation, Industrial and many others. From design to turnkey finished components, Ellwood Texas Forge has built extensive capabilities for its demanding customer base.
ETFH is family to a dynamically diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging assignments that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with our company. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. In short, if you are ready to make a difference every day, ETFH is ready to talk to you.
About the Position
ETFH is seeking a talented Die Inspector to perform a wide variety of die inspection functions on complex, critical castings, patterns and other items to assure conformance of castings or materials to customer requirements, using generally accepted inspection methods in accordance with quality standards. Additional job responsibilities include:
- Creating die inspection and die repair shop orders in the ERP system
- Performing dimensional inspections on dies used in the forging process using both handheld measuring equipment and a laser scanning faro arm
- Examines dies for defects, such as, uneven or distorted cutting edge
- Inspects, tests and adjusts new and reworked dies for conformance to specifications, such as dimensions, tolerances and hardness, applying knowledge of tool and die design, shop mathematics, and machining and testing procedures
- Inspects, adjusts, and verifies accuracy of measuring instruments for conformance to specifications
- Positions workpiece on surface plate and lays out reference points and center lines on parts
- Examines defective parts to determine cause of defect and recommends changes or modifications
- Determines if defective items are salvageable, utilizing knowledge of material and machining costs
- Maintains daily inspection reports and logs
- Reports any discrepancies or out of tolerance condition to Forge Shop Manager and prepares corrective action requests as required
- Transporting dies into and out of inspection area using overhead cranes and/or forklifts
- Overseeing movement and use of dies in the forge shop
- Perform periodic equipment calibration as required
- Demonstrate safe and efficient handling of all die, equipment and fork lift to prevent damage
- Maintains equipment in good, clean working order
- Follows established housekeeping and safety practices to maintain the quality of the work environment
This is a 1st shift position located in Southeast Houston (off Almeda Road near 610 South).
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow written or verbal instructions
- Excellent Organizational skills required.
- Ability to Read/Write English for use in general and detailed paperwork
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience performing dimensional inspections using handheld measuring equipment
- Faro or Laser Scanning Arm experience, preferred
- Some understanding of Quality Assurance Standards
Skills and Abilities
- Tooling fabrication, assembly and disassembly techniques
- Extensive knowledge of common inspection measuring equipment including, calipers, micrometers, height gauges, radius gages, and dial indictors.
- Good manual dexterity and adept in use of precision measuring tools.
ETFH employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. ETFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. ETFH supports a drug-free workplace.
Our focus is to create an environment of opportunity. If you work hard and achieve results, you will grow your career. Our culture values diverse talents and contributions of all employees. Our commitment includes competitive compensation, support for your professional growth, and a range of employee benefits that help to protect the health and welfare of our people.
We are looking for the best and those not afraid to roll up their sleeves to grow with our organization -- personally and professionally. Interested in joining us but not sure where to start? Check out the Ellwood group of companies and different locations to find career opportunities that match your interests and talent.
Learn more about what makes Ellwood a great place to work!
Die Maintenance Finisher - 2Nd & 3Rd Shift Openings - Not Day Shift
Are you an experienced TIG welder who is also good with hand tools? Do you have the ability to perform highly skilled grinding? If so, Ryobi Die Casting would love to talk with you!
We currently have 2nd and 3rd shift openings for a Die Maintenance Finisher. These are a direct hire position...no temp status!
You'll be working 8-hour shifts. In addition to your hourly pay rate you will receive an additional $0.65/hour shift premium.
We have some great benefit programs, including:
- Profit incentive plan which can pay you an additional 80 + hours annually
- On-site clinic (eligible for free use upon hire)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available within 90 days
- Tuition reimbursement program after 90 days employment
- Skilled trades Apprenticeship opportunities
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Good mechanical skills, with the ability to disassemble and reassemble mechanical equipment
- High level of skill in TIG, MIG and Arc welding
- Experience using mills, lathes, torches and grinders
- Knowledge of basic blue print reading and basic machining practices
- Familiarity with calipers and micrometers for dimensional inspections
- Experience with the use of oxygen acetylene torches
- Ability to lift 60 pounds occassionally
Performs highly skilled welding and grinding activities to repair and maintain dies. Assesses damage to dies and determines repairs needed. Sets up and operates required equipment, selects appropriate equipment to ensure no further damage to the die. Meets deadlines to perform quick repairs as well as welding on die breaks as needed. Grinds completed welding jobs to finish the repaired die to correct dimensions. Performs welding during die assembly to ensure die is assembled properly the first time through the machine. Reviews dies during disassembly and repairs any damage that may have occurred during the production process. Maintains a log of daily activities and records materials used.
- Plant conditions, including exposure to dirt, fumes, heat, noise and cleaning chemicals
- Frequent walking and standing
- Ability to occasionally lift and move up to 60 lbs.
- Regular kneeling, squatting or working in otherwise uncomfortable work positions
- Occasional climbing onto dies to perform maintenance activities
- Standing and bending for extended periods of time
Ryobi offers competitive wages, benefits, and career development opportunities. We are strongly committed to giving our team-members the opportunity to develop their skills and abilities through both internal and external training opportunities. Think you might be interested in a career at Ryobi? Go to our Ryobi Die Casting Career Page at http://ryobidiecasting.com for a complete list of current job opportunities.
Machinist/Tool & Die Repair/Tool & Die Maker - Aberdeen, MD Job
. Job Responsibilities: * Safely perform maintenance on equipment used in manufacturing steel products, as well as various auxiliary plant equipment, buildings and/or grounds.
Primarily responsible for maintaining continuous operation of rollform machines, presses, and packaging equipment; make appropriate machine adjustments and repairs in a timely manner.
Perform all work in a safe manner; utilize all safety equipment necessary for work to be performed including proper lock-out procedures, machine guarding, etc.
Perform visual quality inspections of parts and address issues/areas of improvement; recognize issues and take proper corrective actions needing little supervision.
Perform preventive maintenance and inspections of presses, air compressors, packaging equipment, glue machines, stamping presses, roll formers, etc.
Able to diagnose and repair issues with basic electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic controls systems.
Work from detail prints, schematics, samples, drawings, and/or verbal instructions.
Able to function as team member or leader and communicate with all levels of operation.
Safely utilize measuring equipment like electrical meters, calipers, micrometers, dial indicators.
Basic computer skills to accurately report maintenance work, parts used, and OSHA inspections using a computerized maintenance software program.
Operate various types of Mobile Equipment (Forklifts, Scissor Lifts, etc.) * Safely utilize hand tools and basic machine shop equipment band saw, drill press, pipe threader, cut-off saw, and other various tools.
Welding and part fabrication skills is a plus.
Assist in training with new employees and production team to make appropriate adjustments and replace certain tooling and machine parts. /Positions are on the off shifts/Job
* 3+ years of relevant work experience
Vocational, Community College, or Apprenticeship training
Ability to work to close tolerances
Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
Exposure to AutoCAD a plus .
Equal Opportunity Employer: *AWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets
Die Maker / Die Repair
Tier 1 automotive supplier is seeking an experienced Die Maker / Die Repair
- Maintain and repair current production
- New die construction
Candidates must have 5 years' experience with progressive dies, along with strong problem-solving skills.
Our manufacturing capabilities include; large metal stamping (600 ton), small and medium stamping (150 - 300 ton), resistant spot welding, robotic mig welding, tapping (in-die & off line), orbital peening (caulking), heat staking, riveting and intricate sub assemblies.
Our tool development capabilities include; progressive dies, checking fixtures, weld fixtures, assembly fixtures and dedicated machinery.
Tool And Die Maker / Die Repair
Our Company offers:
Tool and Die Repair / Die Maker
Tool Room Machinist
Tool Room VMC / Wire EDM
Desired background includes one or more:
Tool & Die Operator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Under general supervision, must exercise knowledge to perform a variety of job duties relating to the proficient set-ups of Tool and Die machines including but not limited to:
Review router and prints to determine setup, tooling and specification of parts
Ability to troubleshoot and find resolutions
Ability to read and use measuring tools including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, bore gages, optical comparator.
Provide information for Inspector evaluation and validation of quality
Identify die codes and components
Adhere to all AIC company policies
Other duties as assigned In addition to the above, Operators are to maintain an organized, clean and safe work area using safety standards and expectations while adhering to all quality practices. Management may change responsibilities and/or assignments to meet the business needs without prior notice. AIC follows an At-Will Employment practice. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or GED, and certificate from a technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience. REQUIRED SKILLS:
Language: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; ability to verbally communicate effectively.
Mathematical: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using while numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions provided in written, oral or diagram form.
Ability to read and interpret blue prints
Ability to read and interpret router instructions and specifications
Properly use calipers, micrometers and other gauge measuring tools.
Requisition ID: 173520.1
Die Maintenance Technician - Die Casting
Company Introduction Kamtek is a Tier 1, automotive manufacturing supplier that specializes in Metal Stamping and Assembly for Mercedes, Volkswagon, Kia and Hyundai. As a local distributor and supplier, Kamtek’s market segmentation to Cosma International, (a division of MAGNA INTERNATIONAL) provides a “state-of-the-art” product that utilizes the most technologically advanced Pressing processes in order to maintain a competitive advantage to other OEM’s within the market. Our company’s culture of team spirit & mutual respect with a focus on fair treatment helps us to embrace our multi-cultural affiliation with Magna International, and supports our mission through process efficiency and competitive product pricing. Furthermore, the culture at Kamtek focuses on Job Security, with employees being given the opportunity for continuous training, advancement within the skill/trade, and potential for growth within our safe work environment. We offer Employee Equity and Profit Participation programs which increase our employees’ ownership within the company. Kamtek, part of Cosma International and a division of Magna International, represents the the most diversified automotive supplier in the world. We design, develop and manufacture automotive systems, assemblies, modules and components, and engineer and assemble complete vehicles, primarily for sale to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of cars and light trucks in our three geographic segments
- North America, Europe, and Rest of World (primarily Asia, South America and Africa). Our capabilities include the design, engineering, testing and manufacture of automotive interior systems; seating systems; closure systems; metal body & chassis systems; mirror systems; exterior systems; roof systems; electronic systems; powertrain systems as well as complete vehicle engineering and assembly. We have a global presence in order to support our customers on a worldwide basis, consisting of 136,000 employees in 319 manufacturing operations and 85 product development, engineering and sales centers in 29 countries on four continents as of Q2 2015. ##### Job Introduction To maintain and troubleshoot dies in-house to produce a quality product in a safe manner.
Major Responsibilities Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthful workplace and keeping tooling maintained to produce quality products
. Also responsible for continuous improvement of tooling, housekeeping, making informed decisions, and having tooling ready for production runs. 1)Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies. 2)Understand and promote Magna’s philosophies (Magna Operational Principles, Corporate Constitution and Employee’s Charter). 3)Maintain dies and other tooling to produce quality parts to improve processes to increase productivity 4)Tig & Mig welding and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials) 5)Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on all tooling and fills out the pm sheet and keep PM schedules up to date. 6)Operates a variety of small machines, tools and equipment. 7)Verifies conformance of machined or repaired dies to specifications by checking dimensions, clearances and alignments. 8)Troubleshoots for problems during production. 9)Modifies dies and tooling to conform to engineering changes. 10)Tryout of new die sets and tooling. 11)Sound understanding and knowledge of die work/operations 12)Sound understanding and machine knowledge, able to run all tool room equipment including measuring instruments 13)Sound understanding and knowledge of Die Casting Operations and Quality procedures 14)Assist in determining spare parts requirements 15)Maintain accurate documentation 16) Train operators and new employees 17) Recommend modifications to existing equipment 18) Establish and maintain communication with other team members and support departments 19) Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes 20) Ensure quality product and know quality procedures 21) Perform die changes 22) Perform troubleshoot of tooling (in or out of the presses) 23) Work to blueprints, CAD data, sketches, and verbal instructions 24) Efficiently perform Lock out/Tag out Procedures 25) Promotes good housekeeping (5S) 26) Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Education EDUCATION:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required: 2-year from a technical college or minimum 5 years experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing facility TECHNICAL TRAINING: OTHER: Journeyman certification is preferred: general knowledge of troubleshooting, materials and methods, machines and tools, and practical application of engineering science. Computer knowledge and CNC or EDM and Tig welding, but not required; CAD/Blueprint reading and shop math; die building experience is a plus, but not necessary. Basic knowledge in automation.
Work Experience Minimum of
4 years experience
- Tool & Die background in a manufacturing environment; journeyman experience preferred, job shop, hands on; Die Casting background. Welding experience, die construction, basic machining (milling, grinding, turning), sharpening cutting edges, reworking form steels, tig welding, mig welding, arc weld
Skills and Competencies
Ability to use all tool room equipment and measuring tools
Ability to work unsupervised and make quick decisions
Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills
Ability to problem solve and troubleshooting in Press
Understanding of draw and trim operations and functions
Proven ability in aluminum trim die setup including steel entry standards and trap points
Ability to weld and restore tooling to original condition
Trouble shooting surface quality issues and implementing corrections, stoning, highlighting and perform changes to meet customer expectations in tooling.
Must be willing to work extended or flexible hours as needed
Must possess knowledge of casting processes
Willingness to adapt to change and learn
Work Environment Some of the physical demands of this position include lifting in excess of
40 pounds. Moving tool boxes around, and lifting and standing for extended periods of time. Group: Cosma International
Job Type:* Regular
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!