Inspector Packaging Materials Job Description Sample
Hazardous Materials Storage Inspector 9-11 Region 1
Associate Partner – Basic Materials (Forestry, Paper & Packaging Industries)
Express Care Packaging Inspector
Associate Partner – Basic Materials (Forestry, Paper & Packaging Industries)
Incoming Materials Quality Inspector
Santa Clara, CA 95054
$25 per hour
As the Incoming Materials Quality Inspector, you will examine incoming materials/products against specifications and inspection instructions set by the suppliers.
- Perform inspection on preproduction materials with accuracy.
- Meet/exceed minimum lot requirements.
- Provide inputs for process improvement for inspection accuracy and efficiency.
- Communicate quality findings/issues quickly to buyers, leadership, and manufacturing teams.
- Must have experience with quality inspection and record keeping.
- Efficient with computer applications in order to transact information on materials.
- Proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Experience using ERP systems.
- Able to read and follow written instructions.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes is a plus.
Oral Arts is a full-service dental lab, Veteran owned since 1970, which manufactures dental prosthesis, such as crowns, bridges, implants, dentures, partials, and orthodontic appliances such as retainers, splints, night guards, sports guards, etc.
Monday – Friday, 9:30am to 6:30pm
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read and follow prescriptions.
- Examine package contents and compare with records, such as RX and invoices, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Unbox incoming case boxes from the dental office to prepare for manufacturing, signing off on materials received.
- Match work order tickets with proper case pans prior to production.
- Disinfect incoming impressions from the dental office prior to being placed into production.
- Prepare documents, such as packing slips and shipping orders to route materials.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Request and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Accuracy in work performed.
- Dependable and consistent performance.
- Efficient and effective time management.
- Contribute to a safe, clean and happy work environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read and write
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and maneuver materials
Oral Arts Dental Laboratory is an EOE - Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Packaging Engineer (Reno And Fremont)
Senior Packaging Engineer
Adept Talent is assisting a client company in finding their next Senior Packaging Engineer. With our client you will work to ensure that their diverse offering of medical device products is packaged in a way that maintains safety, quality and sterilization. The work of the Packaging Engineers directly contributes to the accessibility and reliability of their products for their health care customers around the world. They are seeking a talented and driven Senior Packaging Engineer to join the Largo, FL based Advanced Engineering team. This engineer will have immediate opportunities to lead ongoing sustaining and new product packaging initiatives by implementing innovative and cost effective technical solutions in order to support the organization throughout the product lifecycle, including full scale production.
As a Senior Packaging Engineer, you will define innovative and high valued products for the business, create and develop novel concepts and designs, lead the verification and validation testing of these designs, and fully transfer new devices to manufacturing. Additionally, you will also be responsible for the support of current products in manufacturing. Throughout this process, you will support the efficient, high quality design and development of medical device systems, working cross-functionally with manufacturing, project management, R&D, procurement, regulatory, marketing, quality and operations team members, as well as external suppliers. Responsibilities:
• Develop packaging specifications and associated engineering documents
• Develop packaging testing methods, perform or direct test method validations and train others to use these methods as required
• Perform validation of new or modified packaging designs to appropriate and current regulatory standards
• Work directly with outside suppliers to develop optimal package designs and/or components
• Coordinate and communicate packaging technology and designs with project teams and management staff as part of project management and design control activities
• Identify, review and evaluate new packaging technology for application to current and future product designs
• Participate in development of risk analysis associated with packaging design and associated processes
• Document all packaging and labeling design, development, and testing to comply with FDA design control regulations and industry standards for sterile barrier packaging systems and processes
• Identify and assess new medical packaging material and perform selection and analysis
• Collaborate with manufacturing engineering and manufacturing staff to design, specify, implement and validate equipment and processes required to support the packaging process
• Collaborate with and/or support supplier quality engineering and manage packaging process validations with external packaging and packaging component suppliers
• Collaborate with packaging vendors to evaluate and select optimal packaging technology to meet customer needs
• Develop/implement production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in most cost efficient manner
• Identify opportunities to improve packaging processes by Designing/Developing/Implementing new packaging technologies
• Prepare equipment (IQ,OQ, PQ) and process performance validation (PQ) protocols and reports
• Prepare operating procedures for new equipment and processes
• Identify, initiate and implement projects to improve productivity and reduce scrap/reject rates through process enhancements and effective training of production personnel, and address any compliance related packaging issues
• Translate end user requirements to packaging functional specifications
• Develop URS/FAT, design verification, DOE/SPC process optimization and validation (IQ, OQ, PQ) and MiniTab, TOPS
Investigate and resolve work-in-process problems in order to maintain and improve equipment availability for the production operation
• Maintain and improve product quality by performing and documenting robust root cause investigations and implementing effective corrective and preventive actions as part of the CAPA process.
- Bachelor of Science degree required.
- Major in Packaging Engineering, Packaging Science or a related field strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years packaging related professional work experience, or Master's degree with 3+ years packaging related professional work experience required
- Solid strong business and financial acumen and ability to digest and synthesize data quickly
- Ability to lead with influence and develop trusting business relationships across functions and site locations
- Ability to use problem solving skills to improve line efficiencies on a day to day basis
- Knowledge of standards, Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA) and test methods used in the medical device industry
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
Development Engineer Packaging
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!