Inspector Packer Job Description Sample
This position is responsible for properly packaging products of acceptable quality to conform to customer standards while maintaining the normal and safe operation of the company’s automation equipment*. This position is also responsible for training and orientating newly hired IP’s as assigned by shift supervisor.
1. Perform in process inspections of product.
2. Monitor product quality and report any nonconformances.
3. Must be able to lift 50-60 lbs. regularly.
4. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
5. Must have good vision.
6. Must be able to pull finished product and 1200 lb. gaylords of
material using pallet jack.
7. Participate on problem solving teams.
8. Must use/wear correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
9. Must follow company rules, procedures and polices.
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Prior manufacturing experience is desired.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Day shift 6:45AM-7PM, Night shift 6:45PM-7AM, 12 hour shifts
Rotating 3-2-2-3 Schedule! Only work half the month!
Days off during the week for Appointments.
Temp to hire after at least 90 days.
Keep in mind that workforce needs to be as consistent as possible!
Indoors Climate Controlled
Brent Flood is the safety manager Safety orientations are completed when associate’s start their assignment.
· Safety glasses, High Visibility Shirts provided, Ear Plugs, and Steel Toe Shoes
· Shirt with sleeves—no cut offs or tank tops
· Jeans or work pants with no holes—no shorts
· Close toed shoes
NO cell phones are to be on site (either leave in the car or at home.)
There is a 15 minute Safety meeting every morning
They are paid for their lunch therefore they must remain on the premises during break times
If they smoke, they CANNOT leave the butts on the ground.
· Benefit package to include vacation
· Career Ladder Advancement Opportunities
PeopleReady is a part of TrueBlue Inc., the global workforce solutions leader connecting clients with over 840,000 precisely matched associates every year across 70 countries. Through our recruitment outsourcing, onsite management and on-demand talent delivery services, we are industry-leading innovators for the changing world of work. Let PeopleReady help you get your work done well.
Box Inspector Packer
Gathering up a group of boxes that have already been cut, glued and folded. Depending upon size, style and case count, these boxes could be between 50-150 counts. After visually inspecting the boxes for defects, the group of boxes are gathered up (squeezed together) and lifted from the conveyor belt and placed in a shipping case. When the shipping case is filled with the correct number of boxes, the case panels are folded over and pushed through an automatic taping machine. A new shipping case is then folded and placed on the packing stand. This process is repeated at varying rates throughout the shift, depending on size, style and case count for each particular carton. General cleanup, sweeping and emptying barrels of waste.
-Must be able to pass all prescreening requirements.
-Must have a HS Diploma/GED.
-Must have manufacturing/warehouse experience.
-Must be able to stand on feet for entire shift & work at a fast pace
-Must be open to all shifts 2nd or 3rd.
• Inspects and packs Plastic Thermoforming Department production
• Assembles corrugated boxes by forming and taping underside of carton
• Inspects product for defects and removes defective product
• Inspects production line for malfunctions and reports malfunctions to maintenance or supervisor
• Closes the flaps of the filled box and tapes the box
• Transports filled box to the staging area. Carries individual box or pushes it to the staging area with a hand cart for removal by Stock movers.
• Packs and stacks product by hand on manual lines. Repacks product by hand as requested.
• Maintains a clean work area throughout the shift.
• Starts and shuts down machinery according to standard operating procedures as needed.
• Completes quality checklist according to standard operating procedure.
• Meets or exceeds individual production target assigned by supervisor each day.
Core Skills and
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
• Six (6) months experience working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to perform work according to set procedures, sequence, and pace
• Ability to use basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and subtraction
• Demonstration of proficiency with the English language required in order to ensure effective new hire/continuing training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues.Call 706-648-4747 To Schedule an
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $8.50 to $9.00 /hour
Kudzu Staffing has IMMEDIATE openings for an Inspector Packer in Greer, SC for NIGHT shift. Pay starts at $12/hr. This is temp-to-hire and will go to $13.11+$.75 shift differential after being hired on, potential for raises, plus the following benefits:
Responsible for performing inspection, packing and production duties of the manufacturing center.
Please apply in person at:
Job ID: 2252
Functional Area: MANUFACTURING
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Shift: Any Shift
Location: EVANSVILLE, IN (EVCL)
Education Required: High School or GED Preferred
- Experience Required: Less than 1 year This position is responsible for performing product inspections to determine conformance with specifications and packaging these products according to customer requirements.
Ensure safety procedures are followed at all times and immediately report unsafe working conditions or mechanical safety problems to the Shift Supervisor. Understand product line; know function of product and any potential product defects that can adversely affect the function or application of the product. Perform production verifications at the start of an order and each shift Perform required visual inspection sat the beginning of each shift and at the interval specified in the data acquisition software Utilize data acquisition software to determine which gauging (if necessary ) must be performed during the production run to ensure quality standards are met. Keep accurate documentation in the data acquisition software during production run Inspect parts on conveyor belts and in product containers throughout the shift and perform liner inspections as required Assist Material Technician in keeping WIP hoppers supplied with parts If applicable, periodically check glue tank level to ensure a proper supply of glue is available to machine Properly package and handle production per the assigned manufacturing specification Accurately record scrap and place scrap in proper containers. Assist in performance of machine startups and shutdowns and line clearances and keep machine downtime to a minimum Keep workstation clean and neat at all times by utilizing good housekeeping practices Follow applicable Food Safety and cGMP policies All other duties as assigned
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Written Communication
Able to read and interpret written information. Teamwork
Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Judgement
Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Planning/Organizing
Uses time efficiently. Professionalism
Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quality
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Quantity
Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly. Safety and Security
Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Adaptability
Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Attendance/Punctuality
Is consistently at work and on time. Dependability
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Innovation
Generates suggestions for improving work.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experienc e High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Ability to be trained on use of, or previous experience with, powered industrial trucks Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Manufacturing software and Order processing systems.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and requires hearing protection. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Inspector Packer for an opening in Rochester, NY.
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor, is responsible for inspection, assembly, and packing of products.
o Become familiar with product lines and all related visual defects in order to identify rejected parts. o Visually inspects bottles retrieved from machines, conveyor lines or taken from bulk containers and makes quality decision on each part. Recognizes out-of-spec production and advises supervisor or set-up personnel. o Perform 15-minute inspections of high volume production. o Set up work area where applicable as a controlled environment where attire consists of hats, gloves, beard masks and coats. o Perform housekeeping responsibilities necessary to maintain a clean environment necessary for the production of media bottles throughout the shift. o Maintain necessary paperwork levels throughout the shift (i.e. 15-minute inspection form, MQC sheet) pertaining to the production of bottles. o Work to established QC samples. o Alert Supervisor/Team Lead or Set-up personnel when problems first begin. o Adhere to all company and departmental work and safety rules. o Able to operate any machine or operation in department assigned
. o Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language. o Must be able to perform simple math such as add, subtract whole numbers. o Must have excellent hand/eye coordination skills, and the ability to lift and load pallets with weights up to 35 pounds. Professional Characteristics: o Ability to work in a high speed, repetitive production environment. o Must be able to work well with others in a team environment. o Able to adjust to changing operating conditions quickly and efficiently and vary pace as required.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Visit our web site @ http://www.chiptonross.com/ to get details on over 2500 job openings in 28 states.
Inspector Packer - 1St Shift
Job Title: Inspector Packer
Shifts: 1st shift 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Inspect and pack plastic parts adhering to a strong attention to detail
- Retrieve part produced by injection molding machine, including the ability to repeatedly bend and stretch
- Visually inspect parts for quality to verify conformance to specifications
- Trim excess plastic with the trimmer tool, wipe oil or grease as necessary
- Pack parts into boxes as directed by set-up sheet
Jobs for Today. Skills for Tomorrow.
Operon is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a drug-free workplace.
Packer Inspector - 2Nd Shift
Prepare the carton to receive the “stack packed” or “tumble packed” product and place the cartons as necessary.
Apply carton labels as defined in DPG Policy #002.
Inspect bottles in accordance with DPG policy and the PQS form. Products are stack or tumble packed, and inspected based upon customer specifications and requirements.
Remove full cartons from packing stand or from tumble pack area, then close the carton in accordance with DPG procedure and PQS sheet.
Grind all clean scrap and rejected bottles generated by the machines for which they are responsible.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
• Ability to read effectively while performing job duties, as well as in determining whether the product meets quality standards.
• Demonstrated ability to make well thought out decisions and ensures appropriate courses of action are taken.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment and under pressure.
• Vision must be correctable to ’20-20’ to read all necessary work related materials and visually identify defects in products being produced. Must be able to perceive and accurately identify differences in colors and shadings.
• Hearing acuity sufficient to understand spoken instructions or phone conversations in a factory environment.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Drug Plastics & Glass Company, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Drug Plastics does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other status protected by law.
The incumbent will pack bags in boxes, close boxes and stack boxes on skids. Will help string up the line as needed. Will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.Duties and
1. Proper packaging of all products according to customer specifications and company’s production standards.
2. Ensures quality of product before being packaged.
3. Will ensure proper housekeeping is maintained in packing station and line area.
4. Will follow all safety policies and procedures.
5. Will start up and shut down production line as necessary.
6. Ability to keep up with machine output production.
7. Will maintain work area clean at all times.
8. Will communicate production concerns or issues with supervisor.
9. Will assist supervisor in troubleshooting when line goes down.
10. May perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
· Able to effectively communicate.
· Ability to keep up in a fast pace environment.
The NovolexTM name is based on the latin “NOVO” for new and “LEX” a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly®, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly® and Duro Bag® respectively.
Novolex’sTM values are based in the traditions of all of our brands and present you with the industry’s foremost in packaging choice and sustainability. Novolex’sTM mission is to continue the tradition of leadership established by our brands, and to create new value and synergies by providing you with an industry-leading packaging expert that covers the full spectrum of your operations.
NovolexTM directly employs nearly 7,000 people at 45 facilities across North America, and one in Europe. From our Hilex Poly® brand North Vernon, IN plastic retail bag manufacturing and bag and film recycling facilities, to our Bagcraft® brand food packaging facility in the City of Commerce, CA or our Duro Bag® brand paper bag manufacturing hub in Richwood, KY our team is here to support you with innovative, high quality, and sustainable packaging choices.
Production - Inspector Packer
About CertainTeed Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pa., has helped shape the building products industry for more than 100 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, the world’s largest building products company, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. For five consecutive years, the company has received top honors from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its contributions in protecting the environment and was most recently the recipient of the 2013 ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Award.
The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2012. www.certainteed.com The Chowchilla, CA Insulation manufacturing facility is currently seeking to fill several full time “Production Worker” positions on various rotating shifts to help support our 24/7 manufacturing and distributions operations.
Applicants must possess:• a high school diploma or GED• be computer literate• minimum of three years of experience in a manufacturing, production, and warehouse environment where safety is a high priority• must be willing to work rotating 12 hour shifts and also rotate from day shift (7:30am to 7:30pm) to night shift (7:30pm to 7:30am) • must be able to work in a high pace manufacturing environment• must have current fork lift truck experience• must be detail oriented • must be able to provide professional and work references• demonstrated stable work history Duties/
Work under the direction of the Shift Manager to support the production, storage, and shipping of various manufactured insulation products.
Will be required to work with minimum supervision and be self-driven and motivated to learn new jobs as opportunities arise while continually place a high priority in following all Safety rules and procedures and continually ensure adherence to all the Process and Quality standards. Will be expected to support various teams related to Safety, 5S, Kaizen, Quality, etc. to support a proactive and continuous improvement environment as we strive to provide our customers with consistent quality product on a timely basis. How to Apply:
Please click on the link below to apply and carefully follow all directions until your application has been confirmed. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits as well as retirement benefits. Candidates who do not meet all the qualifications listed will not be considered.
Please note that we will NOT be accepting applications by phone, fax, email, or in person. All applicants must apply online through an authorized Job Board portal or at the careers link at www.certainteed.com. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!