Inspector Precision Assembly Job Description Sample
Precision Inspector Ll-Lll
Leader in manufacturing environment has immediate temporary to hire openings:
- Utilizes precision measuring instruments and special inspection equipment to inspect first-piece, in-process and final manufactured parts according to drawing specifications
- Must have experience coordinating Measuring Machine (CMM) to perform inspection procedures
- Determines acceptance or rejection of products based on requirements
- Notifies supervision of products failing to meet customer expectations
- Works with supervision on duties and tasks, selecting from written instructions and established procedures
- Completes all required documents and maintains records that pertain to quality control
- Works at different work stations to meet production requirements
- Maintains adequate supplies and a neat and orderly work area
- Maintains tools and equipment in proper working order and performs preventative maintenance as qualified
- Maintains the security and confidentiality of customers’ products and documentation
- Participates in providing timely feedback to other operations as appropriate
- Able to perform all the essential functions and competencies listed above
- Is cross-trained in all inspection operations and/or is a specialist in one or more of the more involved processes
- Able to use a wide variety of inspection equipment
- Plans inspection procedures and set-ups for surface table and related dial indicators, gauges, measuring devices and special equipment such as toolmaker microscopes, comparator contour reader and analyzers involving determinations of true positions and geometric tolerances of dimensions
- Capable of operating CMM on moderate-complex product builds
- Works with moderately complex processes and more difficult customer’s expectations- able to use more independent judgment with some oversight by supervision
- Works with more complex product inspection
- Serves as a mentor to lesser skilled employees
- Able to perform all the essential functions and competencies listed above
- Inspects most difficult assemblies and may be consulted for recommendations for process improvements by engineering or management
- Capable of operating CMM on most complex product builds and able to program the CMM machine
- Recognized as area expert in being able to perform inspection at all levels of complexity
- Troubleshoots all levels of problems and makes recommendations for continuous improvement
- Able to perform a wide array of inspection on most complex product builds
- Has wide latitude for using independent judgment with minimal supervisory oversight
- May work with customers as required
- Serves as a mentor as well as a back-up to the Team Leader or supervisor in their absence
Essential Functions and Competencies
· Identifies assembly non-conformance and performs corrections
· Able to handle changing priorities
· Effective communication, both verbal and written
· Responds to written and verbal instructions
· Able to work overtime as needed
· Obtain and renew certifications on assigned equipment and be willing to cross-train in other areas
· Participates in a continuous improvement activity
· See job analysis forms for specific physical stressors of the job
- Able to handle multiple and changing priorities
- Multi-skilled and/or possesses specialized knowledge
- Able to read and understand blueprints
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Understands complex blueprints and can translate them into efficient work instructions
- Strong troubleshooting ability and regarded as area assembly expert
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma or GED; ability to read, write, perform basic-intermediate math; ability to perform moderate-complex inspection; 3-10 years working with all inspection processes or a specialized knowledge in one or more processes. Strong CMM experience - 2+ years
Q.C. Inspector For Precision Machined Parts
Immediate opening for a Q.C. Inspector who has experience with inspection methods for machined parts. We manufacture parts for the medical, aerospace, and fiber optic industries. Isimac is ISO9001,13485 AS9100 certified We are a 51 year old company that has a climate controlled 40,000 sq foot facility. We offer a full benefit package with a structured bonus system. 1 week vacation after 90 days of employment. Please visit our website at www.isimac.com
The Inspector is responsible for the inspection of machined parts by using both optical and mechanical inspection methods. They must be able to inspect parts both optically and mechanically in an efficient manner with verbal instruction and training. They must be able to detect nonconforming parts through blueprint interpretation. The Class II inspectors should be able to work independently and have a strong understanding of most functions of the quality control process. The class II inspector should have the knowledge to run all the optical measuring equipment and manual CMMs programs. The Class II Inspector should be able to generate simple to midrange Optical Equipment and Manual CMMs programs.
Quality Assurance Inspector - Precision Products
A leader in the manufacture of Precision Machined and Fabricated metal products is seeking skilled and motivated individuals for its Quality Assurance department. Candidates must have...
- Experience inspecting machined metal products to close tolerances
- An understanding of GD&T
- Strong computer skills and the ability to use MS Excel
CMM experience and Management experience a plus
Located in Middle River, convenient to the MARC train station and adjacent to the Maryland National Guard facility, our 35,000 square foot facility provides machined and fabricated metal parts to many of the top aerospace and defense contractors in the country.
Day and night shifts are available. Candidates interested in second shift will receive a shift premium in addition to their hourly rate.
- Weekly performance bonus
- Health insurance (66% company contribution to premium and 75% company deductible contribution)
- 401K with 45% match of first 6%
- 9 paid holidays
- $30,000 Life Insurance
- 26 weeks of short term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Compensation is based on skill level and experience.
For more information about our company and the services that we provide, visit our website at www.raymachine.com
Precision Sheet Metal Inspector
Aerospace manufacturer in Orange seeking a flat/manual inspector for precision parts. Prior experience as a machinist set up, programmer or operator preferred.
Continually growing business with growth opportunities at all levels.
Looking for knowledgeable, eager individuals to enhance the environment with their skills and abilities.
Sr. Quality Control Inspector - Precision Sheet Metal & Machined Parts
Quality Fabrication Inc. is a mid-sized fast paced "Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication and Machining" company located in Chatsworth, CA - 91311. An AS-9100 certified company.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and skilled Quality Inspector. As a Quality Inspector with Quality Fabrication, you will perform inspection on Complex Sheet Metal and Machined parts.
As a Quality Inspector with Quality Fabrication, you must have
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with inspection of Complex Sheet Metal and Machined Parts.
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized technical institute
- Some experience communicating with customers and vendors for rejected items.
- Must be detail oriented with ability to notice minute details
- Must be comfortable working in fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Some knowledge of CMM plus.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
Tasks of the Quality Inspector include (not limited to):
- Preparing First Article reports
- Calibration of test equipment using established procedures.
- Inspect complex parts using various mechanical inspection tools.
- Corrective Action reports for rejected parts from customers and vendors.
- Work with customer and vendors to understand the rejections and formulate a good corrective action.
Regular Shift timings are 7:00 AM - 03:30 PM
As a Quality Inspector with Quality Fabrication, you will collaborate with supervisors of various department as needed to achieve desired quality of production and output.
At Quality Fabrication, we offer compensation based on experience and a benefits package that includes Medical and PTO Plans.
Established in 1980, Quality Fabrication, Inc. has been a manufacturer of custom precision sheet metal fabrication and machining parts serving California and the surrounding area. We are housed in a 50,000 square foot facility and use state of the art technology and equipment in the manufacture of quality products. We serve a variety of industries and the products we manufacture range from panels and machined parts to large tube frames. We also offer a wide variety of value-added services and engineering design assistance for cost efficiency. Our mission is to maintain a commitment to excellence in quality and customer requirements through continuous improvement of processes and training while maintaining an efficient working relationship with suppliers.
For more information about who we are and what we do, please visit our website www.quality-fab.com . Please include salary requirements with your application and resume.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Precision Sheetmetal Inspector
Experienced precision sheet metal inspector needed.
Must have flat pattern experience, some CMM experience would be helpful too, can train for our CMM system.
Quality Control Inspector Required To Demand Precision
You notice the particulars others don’t. Pyramid Roofing is on the move for a Quality Control Inspector with construction experience that refuses to settle for good enough. We're expanding our operations to the Wichita area in 2018, and the individual that will join our fast paced team has no issue leading others to accountability because fair is fair, and a deal is a deal. It’s the standard you set for yourself and it’s how determine if others measure up.
At Pyramid Roofing the Quality Control Inspector is a very important position. Constantly on the move, you’ll be responsible for insuring the construction crews we use in the field hold up their end of the bargain. If it looks wrong it probably is. If the product doesn’t match the work order, you’re on the phone. If safety is sacrificed, you’re solving the problem. If it’s messy, you have it cleaned up. If it’s not square, it’s not right, and you won’t stop until it is. If everything’s on target you’re the first to hand out high fives.
We’re looking for the perfect Quality Control Inspector that spends each day thinking through the eyes of our roofing customers. Because at the end of the day, you’ll be collecting their satisfaction scores.
Since 1992 Pyramid Roofing has been built on the principles of fast, friendly service, fair prices, and quality workmanship. We’ve always vowed to treat our customers and employees fairly, truly understand them, and listen to their needs and concerns. That’s what sets us apart from the rest. Some companies call it going the extra mile; we call it doing things the right way. The Pyramid Way.
I’m Doug Galant, President of Pyramid Roofing, if you want to put your accuracy to work for a company that appreciates your gift, take a calculated risk. Apply today. Come home to Pyramid Roofing.
Job Overview and
Quality Control Inspector - Residential and Commercial Roofing
Work Hours: Full Time
Base Pay: $35,000 - $45,000
Training For Position: Informal & Formal
Light lifting and carrying
Required Education: High School Diploma
Required Experience: 1-3 years construction experience
- Benefits: Group Medical and
Dental, Life Insurance, Vacation
Location: Wichita, KS
Zip Code: 67202
Precision Inspector (Fai As9102 Reporting Experience)
Candidate must have FAI AS9102 reporting experience with hardware component level inspection
3-5years Experience in role, and using Microsoft Office.
Reports to the Supervisor of Receiving Inspection or designated authority. Responsible for performing dimensional inspections on hydraulic, pneumatic, electric and mechanical component parts, assemblies and sub assemblies as required. -
High school required, Associates preferred
We are ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:2004 Rev C certified, as well as a Minority Business Enterprise.
Our mission is to provide solutions for global organizations of all sizes through candidate proficiency, innovative technology, and process enhancements for engineering and IT advancement.
Sr. Precision Quality Inspector
At Virgin Orbit, we launch the small satellite revolution, accessing space for missions that were previously unimaginable and fostering new ideas and technologies to create a truly spacefaring civilization. We deliver Virgin’s legendary customer service by pairing technological advancements with a clear focus on our customers’ needs. We build a workplace and a workforce for the future, knowing that our decisions and investments of today will launch the industries of tomorrow. We engage a diverse and inclusive community of dreamers and achievers in a shared mission to access space to improve life on Earth. At Virgin Orbit, we boost imagination. Search all of our job openings on our career portal. Position Summary Virgin Orbit (VO) www.VirginOrbit.com is seeking a new member for our team to serve as a Sr. Precision Quality Inspector. If you joined us in this position, you would assist in performing the most technically demanding precision inspection operations for the LauncherOne small satellite launch program. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. This is a full-time position at our rocket factory in beautiful Long Beach, California. Responsibilities
Support precision inspection needs across entire production floor
Document and properly process all non-conformances per Virgin Orbit’s Quality Management System
Ensure our rockets are made to the highest quality standards
Help Virgin Orbit do our part to make the world a better place
Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members If you want to join us, you’d better have all of these…
High school diploma or GED + 3+ years in a Quality function at an aerospace manufacturing facility
Proficiency with CMM programming using PC-DMIS
Proficiency with GD&T and blueprint reading
Proficiency with surface plate inspections
Highly detail oriented and organized
Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
A generally quite high level of all-around awesomeness
Strong communication skills, in both written and verbal form
Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed
Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
Physically able to handle items weighing up to 25lbs (unassisted) … and you should probably have a bunch of these, too.
Proficiency with at least one 3D metrology software package
Experience with laser tracking and structured light 3D scanning
Proficiency with PolyWorks metrology software package
- Ability to thrive as a ‘one person team’ ITAR
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Personal Requirements Our idea of a happy life: build rockets, work with brilliant people, serve purposeful customers, and open access to space. Sir Richard Branson’s belief is “If you get the perfect mix of people working for your company, you have a far greater chance of success.” From the very start, we have placed top priority on growing and fostering a team of creative, diverse, and talented women and men. In the words of Sir Richard Branson “We believe it’s better to have a hole in your team than an asshole in your team!” Search all of our job openings— www.VirginOrbit.com Virgin Orbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Orbit is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. iCIMS Req Number: 2017-2900 FLSA Status: Non-Exempt External Company URL: https://virginorbit.com/
Receiving Precision Inspector
Job Description Precision Quality Receiving Inspector with responsibility to inspect the quality of incoming product and and perform the following tasks:
Review of conformance and traceability documentation
Inspection of mechanical piece parts and assemblies
Inspection of Printed Circuit Boards in accordance with IPC-A-600
Inspection of Circuit Card Assemblies in accordance with IPC-A-610
Review of Destructive physical analysis documentation
Experience in reviewing First Article inspection reports in accordance with AS9102
Entry of all information into Quality Management System Database TipQA
To complete these duties, inspector will need to possess: 1. Familiarity with Military and Industry specifications and standards 2. Proficiency in the use of mechanical inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gage, and go/nogo gauges 3. Ability to interpret and inspect technical drawings 4. Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office products This position will be reporting to the Business Area Supplier Quality Manager
Required Skills and Education Required education: High School/GED Must have 5-7 years inspection experience with the ability to read, interpret and inspect technical part drawings, military standards, process sheets, and other documentation related to the inspection of printed wiring boards, electrical and mechanical piece parts and assemblies. Must be IPC-A-600 and IPC-A-610 certified. Candidate must have the ability to conduct preliminary review of technical data supplied with part shipment. Candidate must have strong computer skills including the use pf Microsoft Office and a paperless Quality Management System software (such as TipQA, CloudQMS, QT9, Access, etc). Candidate must also be proficient in the use of mechanical inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gage, and go/nogo gauges. Candidate must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills and work with a multidisciplinary team.
Preferred Skills and Education
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Receiving Precision Inspector
BAE1US6421 EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!