Inspector Publications Job Description Sample
Part-Time Technical Publications Graphics Illustrator
This position is for a Part-time Technical Publications Graphics Illustrator.
The Part time illustrator candidate will assist in production of complex technical graphics in support of commercial and military helicopter programs. Responsibilities include understanding an author's technical intent and translating into effective technical illustrations compliant with the appropriate spec.
- Review all illustration requests to ensure requirements are understood and initiate any clarification questions
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with Peers, Line Management, and Senior Management
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with Customers, Partners, and Suppliers
- Participate in technical and business meetings as required
- Provide regular status to management
- Interface with Tech writers in developing project illustrations.
- Interface with IT in maintaining software.
- Interface with suppliers, to support supplier efforts.
Publications Lead / Scientific Team Leader - Medical Communications
Our client in New York is looking for an experienced publication professional to manage an exciting and growing publications account. Our global business has grown significantly during the last few years, allowing them to continue to build a strong team. The Scientific Team Leader role in their New York City office is a key leadership role with responsibility for managing the publication plan, day-to-day client liaison, high-quality project delivery, and mentoring / coaching Scientific Services team members on an account. They would also consider candidates at this level who would like to be based remotely in Boston.
They require a dedicated individual who can draw on their medical writing experience and publications leadership skills to motivate, inspire, innovate and guide clients and team members. Applicants will manage the full range of high-quality medical communication services, effectively balancing elements of project management and publications leadership with the flexibility to carry out writing and editing at peak times.
Our client believes this is an excellent opportunity for someone to develop professionally and demonstrate their passion for publications.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
·Be the source of scientific understanding on the account, while having a flair for attention to market and commercial aspects of an account
·Lead, coach and motivate account/project teams; share best practices, provide support and guidance to team members on client and project issues
·Build strong relationships with clients, acting as the primary point of contact for projects
·Challenge traditional thinking and innovate to meet expectations
·Support organic growth, new business and new ideas
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and attributes:
·An advanced science degree is required; experience in diabetes is beneficial, but not essential
·Several years of experience as a medical writer working on publications
·Broad medical communication skills to help across the business
·Experience leading projects and reviewing the work of medical writers, with the aim of ensuring high quality and professional growth
·Ability to think, solve problems and build great relationships
·Excellent quality control, time management, project management and briefing / reviewing skills
Our client provides a wide variety of class-leading medical communications services to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries and work on some of the most exciting pharmaceutical agents globally, while providing a positive work environment for our staff. Our mission is to breathe life into science by translating evidence into credible, meaningful communications that are trusted by their clients and their customers.
They value a “can-do” attitude in our employees, and in return they offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K) with a Company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Health Care Spending Account, Dependent Spending Account, Transit Program, Paid Time Off, 10+ holidays per calendar year, Parental Leave, and more. Our highly skilled teams reflect their continuing commitment to be an employer of choice as well as a provider of choice.
They are located less than two short blocks from the Port Authority, comfortable walking distance from Penn Station, and close to major subways (A/C/E, and Times Square).
Market Intelligence Analyst, Publications
OPEN MINDS, a leading market intelligence firm for the health and human service industry, is seeking an experienced writer and researcher to create content for executives in the health and human service field.
This position, based in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, or via telecommute will be responsible for writing and researching in-depth reports on topics relevant to executives in the health and human service field. Report topics answer a wide range of questions including what resources are available to young adults who age out of foster care? What percent of the Medicaid population is enrolled in managed care? What are the behavioral health network adequacy standards? Additionally, this position will assist in the creation of OPEN MINDS’ four flagship surveys, web briefings for our Elite members, statistic-focused lists, thought leader interviews, and other assignments as delegated.
The ideal candidate will have writing, policy research, and editing experience and will be knowledgeable about the health and human service market. Successful candidates will have strong writing and editing skills, and possess the ability to manage multiple competing deadlines. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and two to four years of experience in the health care industry is required.
Junior Medical Publications Editor
We are seeking a full-time Medical Publications Editor work out of offices located in Stamford, CT
The Editor is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all jobs that move through the company; creating and maintaining the day-to-day standard for how copy should appear in compliance with specific pharmaceutical client/medical journal styles, as well as FDA and AMA requirements; and assisting the department in training new employees.
• Manage all editorial aspects of assigned accounts without need for daily supervision, ie, proofreading for typos, grammatical mistakes, and consistency
• Create and oversee implementation of editorial style specific to each account. Aspects include AMA (american medical association) style, grammar, spelling, clarity, usage, punctuation, type and font treatment, placement and accuracy of art, FDA regulations, and individual client/journal style requests
• Copyedit, fact-check, and annotate all manuscripts using primary source references; request permissions to re-print published/proprietary information
• Enter corrections in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat documents; knowledge of EndNotes bibliographic program
• Approve all manuscript drafts, proofs, and blueprints of jobs, including journal articles, scientific posters, brochures and newsletters, convention panels, monographs, meeting materials, correspondence, reports, and slide kits before release to clients
• Collaborate with all members of account team including account executives, scientific services, production, art directors, computer-aided design department, and clients to ensure adherence to editorial and client guidelines
• Go over all pieces with editorial assistants, incorporating corrections and answering queries
• Act as training resource for editorial assistants and new employees
• Maintain comprehensive style manuals
• College graduate, preferably an English or Journalism major; Science background a plus
• 3 to 5 years of experience in medical/pharmaceutical copyediting in a medical education, medical publishing, or pharmaceutical company, academic hospital, or CRO; or grant writing experience
• Excellent command of language with strong client/product knowledge and familiarity with FDA regulations regarding promotional medical education Other:
• Detail oriented and meticulous with superior organizational skills and pride of ownership for projects
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong team player; creative problem-solver and ambitious go-getter who welcomes challenges
If you feel that this may a good fit for you, please apply to this posting with a copy of your resume, contact information, and the best way and time for us to reach you... We will contact qualified candidates promptly to discuss
Technical Publications Specialist
As Technical Publications Specialist at Lastline, you will be involved in all aspects of documenting our products and infrastructure. You will be responsible for developing world class documentation for our end-users, training materials, as well as internal documentation.
You will be embedded in the development team. Starting with engineering notes, technical demonstrations, and discussions with developers and the product team you will create publications that appeal to the end customer user perspective and describe how to use Lastline products as part of our customer’s workflow.
The successful candidate will have:
Experience in writing high quality software documentation from a user’s perspective.
Strong experience in cyber security documentation
Experience in designing document sets for both OEM and Enterprise customers.
Experience interacting with developers, product managers, sales engineers, and customers.
Ability to read and write basic Python
BSCS or equivalent
Comfortable using version control systems such as git
Comfortable setting up small computer network and installing system on VMs for the purpose of generating screenshot and verifying the documented steps
Comfortable working in an Agile environment
Native level proficiency in English
The following skills and experience are not required but will strengthen a candidate’s position:
Experience as a cyber security practitioner
Experience with deb (Debian/Ubuntu) packages or similar systems
Experience with tools for generating API documentation from source code, such as swagger, sphinx or javadoc
Experience as a software developer
Experience as a technical trainer
Experience with video editing tools
Lastline is a venture backed cyber security company with demonstrably the industry’s best network-based defense against targeted, evasive and zero-day attacks. Lastline is focused on real-time analysis of advanced malware and knowing the Internet's malicious infrastructure.
You will work with some of the world’s leading experts in cyber security. Our team values excellence, continuous innovation, getting stuff done quickly, transparent communication, and a friendly work environment.
Publications Technician I
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare support services company specializing in the Medical Staffing, Executive Search, and Outplacement of medical professionals for both premier private sector clients and in support of our military and government clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professional and ethical service in the market today and work to cultivate long-term relationships. We have a reputation built on integrity, an expert knowledge of the medical industry and attention to individual client and employee needs.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for an Publications Technician I to support one of our Government clients at Aberdeen, MD.
- Organizes and updates files in network folders, and forwards to appropriate point of contact for
- upload to ARLInside, ARL libraries, and the Defense Information Technical Center (DTIC).
- Prepares documents to be sent to the printing office and maintains contact with the printer through email, phone, or written correspondence.
- Forwards new reports and applicable Form 1 information to other Technical Publishing offices for
- Maintains information, documentation, and correspondence control using electronic database
- Reviews distribution lists for accuracy and maintains distribution list database.
- Wraps and prepares all final hard-copy reports for distribution.
- Disseminates final report to distribution list contacts via electronic means (email, ARL SAFE site, etc.).
- Receives, disburses, and destroys classified documents according to AR 380-5.
- Performs data entry of automated databases to maintain information such as office phone numbers, locations, and addresses (e.g., Employee Information System [EIS]).
- Operates computer equipment using software (e.g., Microsoft Office software).
- Operates telephone (to include answering phone and taking messages) refers calls and visitors to appropriate staff.
- Operates copy machine.
- Operates facsimile machine.
- Provides on-the-job training to other contractor personnel.
- High school diploma.
- Two (2) years of experience which required use and knowledge of English grammar rules and procedures for preparing material for publication.
- Qualified word processor (at least 50 wpm with no errors).
- Knowledge of advanced word processing features including macro command language.
- Knowledge of software, hardware, and peripherals required to satisfy the laboratory's publishing and data processing requests.
- Knowledge of word processing software (e.g. MS Office).
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY CHANGE DURING THE PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE VIA A MODIFICATION TO YOUR OFFER LETTER
Interested candidates may apply at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax resumes to 210-568-4518.
Technical Publications Specialist
Create, audit, and otherwise maintain accurate parts manual pages using data from the Bill of Material (BOM), engineering drawings, vendor information, photographs, and various databases. Compile custom manuals with accuracy and speed. Think actively about and participate in process and manual improvement. This is not an illustration, design, or writing role.
Duties & Responsibilities
Create, audit, and maintain parts manual pages:
- Identify, evaluate, and resolve discrepancies between the Bill of Materials (BOM), engineering resources, vendor documentation, photographs, and existing manual pages.
- Determine feasibility of using existing manual pages for new or revised parts.
- Query a variety of databases to identify part-related data and drawings.
- Request drawings and supplier breakdowns as needed to assist in-house illustrators.
Organize and compile customer-specific, custom parts manuals:
- Use the custom BOM to identify and collect appropriate manual pages.
- Assess manual for completion, accuracy, and proper organization.
- Compile the manual using InDesign and Acrobat tools and scripts.
- Prepare files for customer delivery.
Engage in process improvement:
- Think critically about process, data, and product to identify best practices, consider new concepts, and suggest implementation methods.
- Commit to supporting a range of process improvements; evolve with the team in a dynamic and changing environment.
- A degree in technical writing, technology management, or a related degree
- 3+ years of technical publication experience (Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite, specifically InDesign and Acrobat)
- Speed and comfort using standard business/data programs (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word)
- Familiarity querying and using databases (FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Access)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Preferred: Experience reading BOMs, creating parts manuals or catalogs, incorporating engineering revisions, and/or working on a manufactured product
Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Collaborate within and across departments in a constructive and professional fashion
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through capability
- Positive attitude toward change and mid-manual part changes
Deputy Director, Publications
Start Date: ASAP
Type: Full-Time Direct Employment with Vitaver Staffing Client
Onsite: On location at the Client’s site 100% of the time. No telecommuting or remote work.
Salary: $110,000 to $125,000 range depending on your level of expertise.
Additional Information: Full benefits, bonuses, relocation assistance, and interview travel reimbursement are available.
Description: Our Client, a global pharmaceutical company, is looking to hire a Deputy Publications Director in Tannersville, PA.
• Develop Integrated Scientific Communication Plan;
• Lead and coordinate key internal stakeholders to define the product’s scientific communication strategy, in line with integrated evidence generation plans, target product profiles, and target value propositions;
• Keep up-to-date with publications in relevant fields and assess the effect on current strategy;
• Perform message / publication gap analyses;
• Develop key scientific messages in conjunction with other functions;
• Identity target audiences;
• Analyze and map the product publication environment: e.g. identify relevant journals and conferences for each target audience, identify key authors;
• Ensure validation of iSCP by appropriate internal groups / committees in line with internal policies and procedures.
• Experience as a Medical Writer or Publications Coordinator / Manager (5+ years);
• Medical publications planning /scientific communication strategy experience;
• Experience in leading multi-functional teams;
• Bachelors degree (required).
If this job is not for you, earn a $2,100.00 referral bonus in cash by referring a Candidate or a Client to us. Vitaver Referral Program is one of the most generous on the market!
Media Marketing Sales -Parenting Publications
Digital Media Marketing Consultant
MetroKids Magazine is looking for a Digital Media Marketing Consultant to create strong relationships with businesses in the area that cater to families and children. MetroKids has been a successful family educational and recreational Publisher in Pennsylvania, South Jersey and Delaware for the past 27 years. We are available to the community online and through magazine placement in over 2000 locations. Parents look to us for parental advice, party planning, summer camps, back to school, safety and so much more.
The successful candidate will use a consultative approach to develop and sell custom advertising and marketing strategies that include print, digital, and targeted events that provide the best solutions for each unique client. Communications, marketing or sales experience is preferred, but, we will train the right candidate.
If you are self-motivated, detail oriented and are an excellent multi-tasker with strong organizational skills, we want to talk to you. Bring us your outgoing personality and your knowledge of media and what’s happening in the Greater Philadelphia market!
Work from our Center City office or virtually in your own home. We have a strong base of accounts available West Chester and Delaware. There is some flexibility in the position structure and it could be full or part time. We offer draw plus commission, paid time off, healthcare, and 401k.
To apply, please send resume, salary expectations and a convincing cover letter explaining why you are perfect for this job.
Manager Of Publications
Reports to the Vice President of Operations and Publications. Primarily responsible for providing vision and leadership oversight of all technical writing, print and electronic publications. This includes proposal writing, overall management of Center and Standard Operating Procedures, annual center plans, and website content in compliance with management and government directives. Responsible for the overall management of proposal writing from technical writing, monitoring of RFPs/RFIs and amendments related to each and final submission. Initiate new and continue with current partnerships with different government entities such as Job Corps program, Department of Defense, and WIOA to mention a few. Responsible for the delivery of the company's final publication for submission to the Vice President of Operations and Publications and to the President/CEO for approval. In addition, this position is also responsible for the motivation and performance of all staff members contributing to various company publications.
Writes, drafts and/or edits all elements for style, substance and organization. Reorganizes text to create consistency in grammar, format and message. Coordinates with other writers on any and all written assignments. Manages the technical publications from graphic design, software and publication-specific tool selection. Develop and maintain expert knowledge of regulations, requirements, policies and guidelines that apply to the preparation and production of all publications. Must have ability to address and resolve issues that arise. Create a learning environment, open to ideas of others and nurtures/manages innovations. Works with minimal supervision in an environment of multiple and ever-changing priorities. Manages all media contacts. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience requirements include a Masters' degree in mass communications or journalism, and five (5) years of publication experience. Highly collaborative style, and experience developing and implementing communications. Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills; strong background in the area of technical publications management. Proficiency in Desktop publishing and/or graphics software, and other publication-specific software tools. Must be able to travel and have a valid driver's license. Must be a self-starter with high energy, maturity and leadership ability.
Odle Management operates Job Corps Centers and Outreach, Admissions and Career Transition Services (placement services) throughout the United States, contracted through the United States Department of Labor.
We are a recognized leader in the fields of education and training, outreach and enrollment and placement services by providing current, relevant and innovative approaches towards ongoing growth and development of youth.
ODLE Management is an Equal Opportunity, Drug Free Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran, military status or any other status protected by state or local law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!