Inspector Tool Job Description Sample
Tool Crib Attendant/Peer Inspector
Experience an incredibly stable company where safety, employee training, a clean shop, and professionalism are top priorities. Once you start here, you will want to stay! We are looking for an experienced Tool Crib Attendant to join our team in Romeoville, IL.
WALCO Tool and Engineering is a progressive contract machine shop that specializes in high precision, high value added components and engineering services for several industries. With a broad range of capabilities including machining centers up to 14 feet, turning centers, large surface grinding, welding and polishing, we control the process internally from start to finish. WALCO is privately owned and was founded in 1968 and operates in a 63,000 square foot air conditioned facility. WALCO is an ISO 9001:2008 certified.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
Excellent compensation depending on your experience + overtime + monthly production bonuses.
Unbeatable benefits including up to $3000 a year in tuition reimbursement, 401k with match, 5 different medical plans to choose from, dental, vision, paid vacation, and holidays.
Company stability due to our diversified customer base, you can enjoy a secure position within manufacturing in a climate controlled environment.
Fair and supportive management most of our managers started out as machinists!
Tool Crib Attendant Responsibilities:
Maintains tool crib in a machine shop production area. Responsible for keeping adequate records for withdrawals of large numbers of tools. Make minor repairs and have a general knowledge of all machines and hand tools. Assist with part inspection and set up of gauges.
Responsible for the tool crib in a busy fast paced machining production area.
Set-up tooling gauging for operators using job-tooling sheets.
Distribute tooling gauging and inspection tools to operators.
Set-up pre-setter and download to work stations.
Maintain adequate records for withdrawals of large numbers of expensive tools.
Understand basic blueprint reading to assist with customer part inspection.
Manage the inventory of existing tooling to assure minimum inventory levels.
Inspect all tools for sharpness before being returned to proper location.
Sharpen tools as required on equipment provided and make minor repairs.
Separate dull tooling to be sent out for grinding.
Order tools and tooling, ensure best price, best quality and best delivery.
Tool Crib Attendant Qualifications:
3 + years of experience in a tool crib.
Must have general knowledge of all machines and hand tools.
Be able to identify various mental machining cutting tools, composition and coatings.
Ability to read and understand blueprints.
Ability to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining quality.
Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and internet.
Prior forklift experience a plus.
Demonstrates self motivation, strong work ethic and a desire to learn.
Desire to work with your hands and have pride in a job well done.
Must be able to physically lift/push/pull objects up to 65lbs.
Able to work 1st shift hours Monday – Friday 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM and overtime as needed.
Qualified applicants must submit to a background check, physical exam and drug test.
Don't let this better opportunity pass you by. Apply now! Out of respect for your time, our online application only takes 3-5 minutes to complete!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, and genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Tool & Die Makers / Tool Makers
Tool & Die Makers / Tool Makers
Wages Up To $26/hr. PLUS Excellent Benefits Paid Relocation to Cincinnati, OH
AND Shift Differential of $1.00 / hour!
Great opportunity for Tool & Die makers! When you work at this metal fabrication company, you’ll have time to enjoy the area’s great outdoor & family activities. You’ll have a great work-life balance working here on the northeast area of Cincinnati, OH, where you can enjoy the huge variety of activities in the metro, yet be far enough to miss the daily traffic & headache of the big city. Overtime is available, if you’d like some! Positions open on all shifts!
Up to $26/HR PLUS Shift Differential of $1.00 / hour for 2nd & 3rd shift AND Great Benefits & PAID RELOCATION to Cincinnati, OH area where you’ll be close enough to enjoy all the wonderful things the city has to offer, but you won’t have to fight the downtown traffic. Great Work and Life balance - you don't spend all your time working but OT is available, if you want it.
To be considered for this Tool & Die Maker position, you’ll need to have the following experience & abilities:
- Reading, drawing of blueprints, CAD software
- Have at least 1 year of experience in tooling
- Worked in a stamping facility
- Need good oral & written communication skills
TO Apply: Email resumes to OR jeannieATaustinallenDOTcom in MS Word or PDF. (Please remove the capital letters and replace with proper symbols) Resumes sent with a link to an online resume or a video resume will not be considered.All Interview & fee expenses paid by companies. Excellent compensation packages, benefits, perks.
Some Facts You Should Know About Austin-Allen Company...
*Successfully recruiting professionals since 1973.
*One of the most successful firms in the U.S. We consistently rank in the top percentile of a large national network of Technical Recruiters.
*Many of our staff are national award winning consultants with years’ experience and are C.P.C.’s (Certified Personnel Consultants).
Areas of Specialization...
Six Sigma Black Belts
Materials / Purchasing
Quality Engineers & Managers
Stay current with our blog at austinallen.com/blog/
Machine Tool Electrician
- Install electrical wiring and assemble components according to blueprints and electrical diagrams.
- Layout diagram for electrical installations according to wiring specifications.
- Drill and tap holes in specified locations for mounting control units using and tools, drill press and other applicable tools.
- Attaches breakers, relays, contactors, bus bars, transformers, insulators, regulator cabinets, meters, plugging devices and fuse blocks to mounting holes with bolts and screws using wrenches, screwdrivers, and nut runners.
- Cut, strip, bend and form wireable conduit pipe and tubing used to connect circuits and sub-assemblies.
- Connect color coded wires, solder connectors and crimp to wire ends.
- Break down machines for shipping
- Responsible for the electrical breakdown of the equipment.
- View electrical blueprints for jobs.
- High school diploma
- Ability to read blueprints
- Electrical machine tool wiring experience
- Electrical panel build & wire experience
- Hilo experience
Tool & Die Maker Journeyman
Plan and construct a wide variety of tools, dies, fixtures and gauges to very close tolerances, or construct more complex units where design is available.
Perform development work, layout and difficult tool room machine operations, fitting, timing and adjusting, e.g. combination dies for parts or irregular contour, box type drill jigs with difficult locating or nesting features, ordinary index milling fixtures.
Dismantles and repairs or replaces parts of damaged dies and fixtures, fits and assembles parts, and tests repaired dies for proper operation.
Operates cranes safely to remove and/or relocate dies to specific work stations/equipment.
Establishes and maintains an effective preventative maintenance program. Ensures all tools are properly fit for use.
Prepares sketches for machining of tool details.
Performs basic layout inspections of both tooling and manufactured components in press.
Must have all tools common to trade practice
Proficient in reading and working with blueprints.
Capable of working with varied ranges of ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
Proficient in workshop theory and calculation.
Overhead Crane Operation.
Ability to work with SPC.
Participates in ongoing Continuous Improvement processes.
Takes direction from Supervisor/Lead Hand, as applicable.
Protects own health and safety by working in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures.
Maintains safety standard and cleanliness of workplace and equipment as outlined by company policy.
Any other reasonable request made by management
Skills (language, technical, computer, etc.)
Competent in all Tool Room machining to close tolerances.
Able to work with limited guidance and supervision.
Able to troubleshoot tooling problems and estimate timelines for resolution.
Recognized technical trade certificate Tool & Die Maker or minimum 5 years of experience working in the trade.
Wiring Tool Engineer
This position will include the following activity:
- Wiring design creation
- Harness design creation
- Symbol creation
- Client tool training content
- System design creation
- System design validation
- Topology design creation
- Topology association and constraints
- Topology design validation
- Propagation of wiring content to harnesses
- Knowledge transfer to assist/coach designated client SMEs in the creation of:
- Best practice documentation of tool usage
- Library part creation
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Familiarity with Saber and 3D bridges and their requirements
- Must be familiar with creating block diagrams with and without hierarchy
- Must understand the tools behavior with regards to the assignment of options and variants on devices, pins, nets and wires
- Must be able to create logical schematics and wiring diagrams manually
- Must be familiar with creation of wiring diagrams using CAVA (Auto schematic generation)
- Competitive compensation with bonuses
- Excellent benefits including:
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Short-term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k with employer match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous paid time off package including Vacation, Personal/Sick, and Holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
Tool And Die
- Responsible for troubleshooting, upkeep, preventive maintenance, dimensional capability, making and continuous improvement of various tools, dies, jigs, and fixtures in an automotive stamping and robotic welding facility.
- Fabrication of new and repair of replacement details for robotic weld cells, spot weld cells as well as assemble, build and maintain fixtures.
- Committed involvement with quality, cost savings, and continuous tool, die and mechanical improvements.
- Any other duties deemed necessary or appropriate including but not limited to die setting as required.
- Must be a Team oriented player & work well with others.
- USDOL Tool & Die Journeyman’s Card preferred or extensive related experience.
- Minimum (2) years experience trouble shooting in a Production Stamping Plant a plus.
- MUST have experience relative to medium to large Tandem Line Dies or small to medium Transfer Dies or medium to large Progressive Dies required with experience relative to Transfer Dies & large Progressive Dies.
- Experience with implementation of Engineering Changes a plus.
- Must be able to read detail prints & order perishable details such as pierce punches & buttons, gas springs, guide pins and bushings, etc.
- Must be willing to work any shift as Plant schedule and/or manpower requirements deem necessary.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required (including Sundays) to maintain all Plant functions relative to the Tool Room such as but not limited to Program Launch, die repairs, engineering change timing to customer dates/requirements, etc.
Tool & Die
Responsible for troubleshooting, upkeep, preventive maintenance, dimensional capability, making and continuous improvement of various tools, dies, jigs, and fixtures in an automotive stamping and robotic welding facility. •Fabrication of new and repair of replacement details for robotic weld cells, spot weld cells as well as assemble, build and maintain fixtures.
•Committed involvement with quality, cost savings, and continuous tool, die and mechanical improvements.
•Any other duties deemed necessary or appropriate including but not limited to die setting as required.
•Must be a Team oriented player & work well with others.
•USDOL Tool & Die Journeyman’s Card preferred or extensive related experience.
•Minimum (2) years experience trouble shooting in a Production Stamping Plant a plus.
•MUST have experience relative to medium to large Tandem Line Dies or small to medium Transfer Dies or medium to large Progressive Dies required with experience relative to Transfer Dies & large Progressive Dies.
•Experience with implementation of Engineering Changes a plus.
•Must be able to read detail prints & order perishable details such as pierce punches & buttons, gas springs, guide pins and bushings, etc.
•Must be willing to work any shift as Plant schedule and/or manpower requirements deem necessary.
•Must be willing to work overtime as required (including Sundays) to maintain all Plant functions relative to the Tool Room such as but not limited to Program Launch, die repairs, engineering change timing to customer dates/requirements, etc.
Machining Students - Paid Internship - Wilson Tool International
Students that are accepted into the manufacturing internship program work part-time in a manufacturing job rotation while attending school. Upon graduation students have the opportunity to apply for any available full time positions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Material handling and inspection
- Order picking and shipping
- Machine set-up and operation
- Reading and understanding order tickets and prints
- Machine maintenance
- 5S activities
- Quality inspection with calipers and micrometers
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a technical degree program in machining or tool & die.
- Ability to apply skills learned in the classroom to situations in the workplace.
- Ability to calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics.
- Must be able to understand directions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Have effective problem solving skills.
- Honesty / Integrity- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Accountability- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Motivation- Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Communication- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and writing clearly and concisely.
- Team Player- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals and work well in a team environment. Ability to recognize and show consideration for others.
- Problem Solving/Innovative- Ability to find a creative solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Tool Design Engineer II - (Boss)
- Design and develop tooling and fixturing to produce high quality Orthopedic products.
- Coordinate between outside suppliers and in house T & D makers or Engineering Technicians.
- Budget Tracking
- Project management
- Work with Ops Engineers on process improvement
- On the floor trouble shooting and working with operators
- 3D CAD- NX, Solidworks or Creo
- Microsoft office
- Mluti Axis machining mill and lathe Preferred
- Tooling and work holding design for Machining
- Project management
- Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in a Engineer or a related field
- Bachelors preferred
- 5 years exp in tooling fixture design
- 5 years exp in Machining
- 2 years exp in medical manufacturing
Journeyman Tool & Die Maker (Stamping)
Qualifications:Must be able to demonstrate proficiency and skill appropriate to the job in the areas of shop mathematics, heat treatment techniques, blueprint reading, job layout skills, machine tool operation skills, tool design techniques, fitting and assembly.
Experience & Education: Must have successfully completed an apprenticeship training program and have a certification of completion along with 7+ years of experience in a metal stamping facility as a Tool & Die Maker.
1st Shift Hours: 4am – 2pm, Monday – Thursday
2nd Shift Hours: 2pm – midnight, Monday - Thursday
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!