Inspector Tool Job Description Sample
Tool And Gage Inspector
Under supervision, maintain, control, and calibrate all measuring and test equipment (M&TE) used to determine conformance to produce quality requirements.
REQUIRED JOB FUNCTIONS:
Maintain the Recall system using the tooling files on the main computer system. Accurate documentation of this system is required by both internal and external sources.
Perform calibration of M&TE in accordance with ANSI Geometric and Tolerancing Specifications and Gauge Control Procedures.
Use standard inspection equipment for calibration procedures.
Make routine repairs of gauges and fixtures, coordinate non-routine and specialized repair with the responsible engineer.
Issue weekly interdepartmental memos (using a personal computer) concerning overdue calibrations.
Meet regularly with supervisors and facilitators of all department and plan the recall of M&TE around production demands.
Orders all types of gauging and stocking the more commonly used gauges.
Present themselves and the calibration system to internal and external auditors in a professional manner.
Maintain tool and gauge area in a clean and orderly manner.
OPTIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Creating fixture drawings for jobs which have missing fixture blueprints.
Use the coordinate measuring machine to calibrate fixtures.
Train personnel in all phases of gauges and tool calibration as required.
Assist the layout department in performing first piece layout inspection and other miscellaneous duties of a layout inspector as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Will be proficient with all types of dimensional inspection equipment. This includes, but is not limited to dial calipers, micrometers, dyers, height stands, digi-check gauges and sine plates.
Must be able to perform the dimension inspection requirements of any equipment activated by the recall system.
Must have a complete understanding of all the gauge control procedures required for calibration.
Must have a basic understanding of shop math
Must have a working knowledge of personal computers.
Will be required to write informative interdepartmental memorandums and technical reports on gauge control issues.
Must have the ability to log on, extract information and log off the main computer system.
Must demonstrate proper procedures for updating tool calibration history files on the main computer system.
Must possess the ability to evaluate and document inspection findings.
Is able to self-manage in a fast-paced environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Familiar with the aspects of the casting process as they apply to gauge calibration.
Inspector will have a minimum of 1 to 3 years CMM inspection experience.
Basic understanding of ANSI Y 14.5 M 994 specification and the ability to read complex customer blueprints in addition to fixture blueprints.
Will have the ability to extract and/or create drawings using CAD.
Investment casting or manufacturing related experience.
- Reports directly to the Quality Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
3 to 5 years of experience working with measurement and test equipment.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Tool Gauge Inspector 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Tooling & Gage Inspector at our Clearfield, Utah location.
Role description &
Successful candidate will work independently to perform a wide range of repairs and preventive maintenance tasks on special tooling
Tracks special tooling and assists tooling owners and inspectors in completing periodic inspections
Perform visual, in-process and final inspections on tightly tolerance parts, subassemblies and final assemblies in the production area
Perform required preparations, repairs or preventive maintenance in accordance with drawings, procedures and/or planning documentation
Prepares special tooling for production operations
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent time management and organizational skills
Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture
High School Diploma or GED required
1 years related experience
Candidate should have technical strengths in machine shop processes, operations, and inspection. Possess the ability to plan and organize work in order to accomplish assigned tasks. Candidate should have the ability to work multiple programs while maintaining attention to detail
Interpret mechanical drawings and specifications
Ability to make strategic decisions in the identification of technical needs and solutions coupled with a strong program execution focus
Possess excellent communication skills and effective interface with Mission Assurance department members, suppliers, customers, all other departments within the organization and both technical and non-technical personnel
Ability to record detail information accurately, timely and follow instructions
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Customer Service / Inventory / Shipping & Receiving (Doering, A Wilson Tool Company)
Customer Service Representative:
You will be the first contact for our customers. With rapid response you will answer phones, emails, prepare quotes, enter sales orders and track orders while providing an excellent customer experience.
Shipping / Receiving Clerk
Prepare necessary paperwork in connection with shipments to ensure on time delivery. Receive all incoming shipments, verifying data and quantities to purchase orders.
Inventory Clerk / Cycle Counter
Maintain an accurate inventory of materials. Provide inventory information to production schedulers and investigate inventory accuracy. Reorder material or issue reorder requests when appropriate.
Provide support to co-workers.
Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to communicate effectively, and professionally with customers and co-workers in English.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be energetic, flexible, and take initiative.
- Provide a great experience for the customer.
- Friendly with a positive attitude.
- Great phone presence.
- Ability to solve problems and work with co-workers on customer issues.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Accuracy and speed is critical.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Speaks Spanish
- Forklift experience
- ERP experience
- Marketing experience
High school education or equivalent
General office experience
2 years minimum computer experience
2 years minimum customer service experience
- Innovative /Problem Solving – Continuous pursuit to develop and introduce creative solutions internally and externally.
- Team Player – Play your role, support other team members and work together to achieve the goal.
- “Can Do” Attitude – Ability to be passionate and always looking for ways to make things happen.
- Customer Focused- To understand and solve the needs of our customers, internally and externally.
- Contribute to the Doering culture of continuous improvement.
Computer, telephones, photocopiers.
Inside: Office/Sales Desk environment
Prolonged sitting and standing
Occasionally in production shop
Day shift 8-4:30 M-F
Senior Software Engineer: Google Web Tool Kit Exp
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
- Spring framework
- RESTful Web Services.
- Experience with performance and scalability testing
- Experience working in teams
- Experience with Enterprise Cloud Technologies
- Experience with customer corporate technologies
- Experience with MapReduce and Pig
- Experience with Elasticsearch and other SQL databases (i.e., Postgress, Oracle)
- Experience with Subversion
- Either 6 years of software experience with a bachelor in a technical field, or 10 years experience without degree. Software development/engineering experience to include requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- At least six (6) years’ experience developing software in an enterprise environment. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years.
- At least four (4) years developing software for Windows, UNIX or Linux (Red Hat versions 5 - 6) OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project and experience designing and developing applications that contain a user- facing view component
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, AMB, SrSE,18-09, MA
GS Engineering is a leading thermoforming tooling manufacturer for grained soft touch interior automotive components. Our tooling produces interior trim components for many of the biggest automotive manufacturers around the globe.
In this role you will be responsible for the manufacturing of production and prototype thermoforming tooling and parts, setting tools in our vacuum former presses and assisting with trial part runs.
As a company that puts significant weight behind personal growth, it will be required that you constantly work to improve yourself professionally. The successful candidate must be willing to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities.
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Quick learner who can retain a lot of small details
- Familiarity with hand tools
- Experience with manual machines such as mills, lathes, band saws, drill press, grinders, etc ... is a plus
- Solution minded
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work overtime / weekends if required for on-time delivery
- Must be able to lift and handle 50 pounds
- Local candidates only
- You must have a current valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record and be able to pass a drug screen. All applicants will be subject to a background check.
- All applicants must have legal authorization to work in the US
- Very competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- 401k with employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Company Paid Life / AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Optional Long Term Disability / Supplemental Life Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- ... and More!
Applies engineering principles to draft, design, modify and assist in the development of new fixtures or tooling, or required engineering changes. Provides component design checking and detail drafting from layouts or engineering direction.
Designs jigs, fixtures and tooling from original drawings of equipment designs, working from engineering sketches and marked prints. Prepares layout drawings and specification control drawings in support of feasibility studies or proposals.
Prepares cost and time estimates for assigned drawing and/or design work. Procures products from these drawings and develops sources for them.
Prepares technical specifications and cost benefit analysis for procurement of capital equipment. Liaises with management in the procurement process.
Follows company procedures, work instructions and guidelines in the design, layout, and documentation of company custom and standard products (i.e., procedure, classification coding, CAD drafting and archival guidelines).
Examines drawings and layouts for technical correctness and adherence to engineering standards. Provides quality and accuracy checks on drawings and other technical material.
Resolves mechanical and fabrication problems with designed or purchased parts used in design.
Coordinates with external vendors affected by design development. Provides scheduling, costing and technical information concerning the design.
Participates in projects as a team member and/or project team leader.
Carries out other duties as assigned.
Strong planning, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints and translate to tooling design.
The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment.
Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
Thorough understanding of related company instructions, company processes and quality manuals.
Thorough knowledge of computer aided design and drafting systems (CAD) and manufacturing (CAM).
Working knowledge of gas turbine engines and specific product knowledge.
College diploma in engineering design and drafting technology or related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
Experience in the design of close tolerance tooling and/or detail drafting.
Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident per ITAR Regulations.
Tool Crib Attendant
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The Tool Crib Attendant ensures that tools and equipment are on hand and in good working order for use by production personnel. Tracks the whereabouts of tooling.
Stores tooling in a neat and orderly manner. Maintains and repairs equipment and tooling, or sends equipment and tooling to outside vendors for repair. Prepares requisitions for new or replacement tooling, supplies, and equipment to ensure an appropriate level of all required items.
The Tool Crib Attendant ensures the ability of production personnel to provide high-quality, timely maintenance and customer service by having needed tooling, equipment, and supplies available to them, in good repair and on demand.
Issues tools and/or supplies to shop personnel.
Establishes and maintains a system to track the whereabouts of tooling.
Develops and maintains catalog of all tools available in inventory.
Inspects tooling and equipment daily.
Maintains, services, and repairs tools (drop lights, air hoses, jacks, etc.).
May accomplish or coordinate tool calibrations as required by Quality Assurance.
Prepares tools for shipment to outside repair and/or calibration vendors. Maintains records of tooling going out for repair and/or calibration. Maintains calibration certification documentation.
Coordinates all necessary actions to incorporate new tooling into the production departments. Prepares requisitions for tools and/or supplies.
Responsible for adhering to Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) and Inspection Procedure Manual (IPM) requirements regarding tooling and calibration requirements.
Maintains an appropriate level of stock to supply production departments with all the tooling they need to accomplish maintenance on customer aircraft and engines.
Inventories all stock receipts against receiving reports and shippers.
Stores all incoming supplies in a neat and orderly fashion.
Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly manner.
Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting, and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
Works fair share of overtime.
Observes all safety, environmental, and general housekeeping rules and policies.
May perform other duties as required by the department High school diploma or equivalent.
Read, write, and speak the English language IAW FAR part 65
Be familiar with Office suite including Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel.
Maintain professional appearance
Previous experience in supply operations and inventory organization. Prior work experience in a shop or industrial environment preferred.
Must be able to perform moderately complex mechanical work and be able to troubleshoot and repair tools, gauges, torque wrenches, mules, electrical equipment, and other special tools and fixtures. Must be able to use precision measuring equipment.
Good customer service skills in dealing with various shop personnel.
Good organizational skills.
Average computer skills in order to use a database and communicate via e-mail.
Must show initiative.
Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions, and speak and write clearly to communicate with other employees and document work performed.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods while performing repetitive tasks.
Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and good vision to perform mechanical repairs, adjustments, and calibrations.
Tool & Supply Manager
We are looking for a talented individual to provide tactical and strategic leadership for the Industrial Supply business unit within Lensing Building Specialties. This manager will supervise staff, foster a positive environment and ensure customer satisfaction and proper branch operation. The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable sales targets achievement.
- Management of all personnel, including inside and outside salespeople
- Vendor relationships/negotiating new programs and offerings
- Customer relationship/key account follow-up in conjunction with sales rep
- Budgeting and strategic planning
- Inventory management
- Attend industry sales meetings and conventions
- Marketing efforts such as: product lunches, training, email blasts, website
- Conduct sales meetings with sales force to review accounts, quotes, and opportunities
- Develop opportunities with other Lensing deparments for increased sales penetration with existing curtomers.
For more information about Lensing Tool & Supply, please visit our website: http://lensingtoolandsupply.com/
- Ability to meet sales targets and production goals
- Excellent organizational skills
- Results driven and customer focused
- Proven management experience
- Sufficient knowledge of modern management techniques and best practises
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
Tool Maker 1 - 3Rd Shift
BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We provide custom metalwork services for some of the world's top brands. Our 1100+ employees work from four facilities throughout the Midwest and Southeast. We invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
Capable of building basic new dies and repairing most dies. Builds jigs, fixtures and manufactures machined parts with general assistance from the trainer. Also displays the capability to perform general machining functions.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
Reviews blueprints and understands die designs. Analyzes how the die works before it is made.
Learns the steps of die construction and organization.
Performs general repair work.
Operates all machines at a high rate of productivity, while holding tight tolerances.
Performs different setups in grinding, milling and jig boring operations with minimal help from the trainer.
Arranges layout of tool steel and related components on die set, and writes down instructions for drilling, sawing. Works with EDM operators by giving oral or written burning instructions.
Assists with heat treat and drawback of tool steel, making efficient use of oven time.
Assembles die using all necessary components from the given die drawing.
Checks tool steel clearance. Checks timing of die (cutoff to form). Checks slug holes and other interference's and all other die related operations.
Documents all changes on the die drawing relaying information to the designers, so the CAD files can be updated.
Monitors the various die components needed per job and meets due dates.
With assistance by the trainer, tests own dies to ensure proper function and readiness for inspection by Quality Assurance.
Resolves problems on dies using input from the trainer.
Performs all duties in a safe manner, complying with the safety rules and regulations.
Maintains a safe and clean work area.
Uses Axapta software programs to enter time/payroll information, job information, etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Experience and Skills Required: Related tooling and shop experience preferred, but not mandatory, which includes the following skills and abilities:
Working knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in production tooling operations.
Working knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper us of safety equipment and proper safety precautions.
Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
Knowledge of the production process and metal fabrication machines.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Tool Room Machinist B
Shift: 2nd Shift, Monday - Thursday, 2:00PM - 10:15pm. (Flexibility with a start time after 2:00PM)
Duties: The individual who functions in this position must be able to setup and operate all machine tooling equipment, (including EDM & CNC milling machine) with or without instruction and perform all of the following:
Operate various types of machines including but not limited to lathes, mills, grinders and drills and perform progression machining operations for tools or equipment parts with close tolerances.
Maintain and service perforating tools, including making precision tool parts as necessary.
Operate all tape controlled equipment with supervision.
Ability to service tools, review tools, identify items to replace, replace parts, assemble and inspect parts.
Proficient in using all types of measurement equipment.
Set up and operate various types of machine tools and perform progressive machining operations for tools or equipment parts with close tolerances.
Layout, fit and assemble tools where necessary.
Disassemble tools and diagnose tool problems and repair as required.
Make bending and forming tools.
Perform routine machine maintenance.
High school diploma or equivalent
Ability to pass a basic math skills assessment
Two years of vocational technical training with certification in machining, or equivalent work experience.
Requires ability to read a ruler, set calipers, read blue prints, micrometer, and all gauges and measuring devices.
Two years of mechanical and machining experience is required.
Requires ability to lift 60 lbs. unassisted.
Requires ability to operate crane.
Standing for extended periods of time to a maximum of 8 hours. Stooping, bending, and stretching as necessary. Requires good hand to eye coordination.
Hendrick Manufacturing offers a generous salary and benefit package, 401K with a match as well as profit sharing.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!