Inspector Wheel And Pinion Job Description Sample
Diesel Technician Mechanic
Celadon, one of Indiana’s fastest growing companies, is looking for a Preventative Maintenance Tractor Mechanic (P-B) in its Maintenance division. The P-B must be an excellent communicator, proactive, analytical, solution-focused, and able to juggle multiple tasks. Technicians will treat customers with personal / professional service, develop positive relationships; and focus on what is mutually beneficial for Celadon and its equipment needs. Technicians must be very detail-oriented and committed to going above and beyond to provide quality service for their customer.
- Follow all company guidelines and procedures as set forth in your employee handbook You are required to understand 100% of their content
- Performs all duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Attendance standards, NO UN-EXCUSED absences.
- Punctuality standards: In uniform and ready to punch in at scheduled hour.
- Displays positive company attitude and cooperation with supervisors, drivers, and co-workers.
- Can diagnose and repair external cooling systems including fan hubs
- Performs all Qualcomm repairs after being properly trained.
- Performs all suspension repairs on tractors.
- At least 2 years’ experience in industry of tractor repair.
- Can perform drive-line repairs, U-joints and pinion seals.
- Must be capable of all items listed for P-C
- Full or part-time only.
- Proper hand tools for type of work assigned.
- Works in tractor shop.
- Capable of oil change, grease jobs, minor clutch adjustments, brakes, belts and fifth wheels.
- Diagnose and repair minor electrical problems.
- Will assist other mechanics in major repairs.
- Capable of changing tires and following proper tire documentation.
- Will properly document all repairs performed.
- Performs job safely, wears proper footwear
- Maintains clean work area.
- Performs assigned jobs within time standards.
- Reports to shift supervisor.
- Cooling system additive adjustment maintenance and system pressure testing for leaks.
- Reads and follows instructions on MSDS sheets.
- Can perform external exhaust pipe repairs and or replacement
- Can perform all charging and cranking systems testing and replace batteries if needed.
- Can replace bolt on body parts without supervision
- Can perform brake jobs and wheel seal replacement on tractors after being properly trained.
- High School diploma or GED
- Industry experience preferred
- Technical school completion
- Must own their tools
- ASE Certification a plus
- Ability to interface effectively with people
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan and paid vacation
- Extensive wellness program with annual reimbursement opportunities
- Undergraduate and graduate school tuition reimbursement program
- Continuous learning and development provided by a dedicated training department
- On site primary care medical facility, available to employees and family members enrolled in company health insurance
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!