Installer Electrical Plumbing Mechanical Job Description Sample
Electrical Plumbing & Mechanical Repairer
CHARACTERISTICS OF WORK
Under supervision, this position is responsible for maintaining and repairing electrical, plumbing, refrigeration and mechanical equipment essential to the operation of the Divisions and Districts.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
The following examples are intended only as illustrations of various types of work performed. No attempt is made to be exhaustive.
Related, similar, or other logical duties are performed as assigned. The Department may require employees to perform functions beyond those contained in job descriptions. The Department may modify job descriptions based on Department needs. The Arkansas Department of Transportation is an "at will" employer.
Maintain and repair electrical and mechanical equipment.
Maintain and repair plumbing for gas, water, air and sewer lines.
Maintain and repair office furniture.
Operate boiler room in emergency or relief situations.
Perform occasional carpentry and painting.
The educational equivalent to a diploma from an accredited high school. Knowledge of electrical systems, basic knowledge of plumbing, and knowledge of simple arithmetic and basic mechanics.
Air conditioning and heating experience. Applicants for this position must obtain universal certification per EPA requirements for refrigerant recovery and recycle as described in Section 608 of the Clean Air Act within 180 calendar days of hire or promotion. If the certification is not obtained within 180 calendar days, the Department will make an effort to transfer the employee to a position that does not require the certification; however, it may necessitate a decrease in the employee's salary. If an appropriate position is not available, the employee may be subject to termination.
("Accredited" means the educational institution or program is accredited by an accrediting organization recognized either by the United States Department of Education or by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.)
There has never been a better time to join our team of dedicated public servants who strive to help the Department meet its mission to provide a safe, efficient, aesthetically pleasing and environmentally sound intermodal transportation system for the user. We offer competitive pay and benefits with many opportunities for career advancement.
If you need assistance completing the application, please contact Human Resources at 501-569-2454.
Plumbing Installer (Water Heater) Southeast, Fl
To install water heaters and to generate sales/service leads.
Essential Job Functions:
- Executes complex assignments.
- Repairs/replaces Water Heaters
- Evaluates replacement needs or new equipment needs.
- Performs first inspections for new contracts.
- Keeps abreast of current retail sales programs.
- Generates quality sales leads.
- Surveys potential sales opportunities in a sincere, honest, and professional manner.
- Attains monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals.
- Motivates coworkers on obtaining sales/service leads.
- Assists with “on the job” training.
- Prepares all job-related paperwork in a timely manner.
- Submits COD invoices daily.
- Maintains an organized and well-stocked Company vehicle.
- Complies with shift changes, when necessary.
- Supplies tools indicated on the attached “Tool List”.
- Install Water Heaters and other related equipment.
- Performs minor electrical repairs (including, but not limited to, replacing switches and receptacles).
- Performs “second opinions” when requested.
- Available to be “on call” and/or work overtime, as needed.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conforms with and abides to all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Conforms with all safety rules and wears/uses all appropriate safety equipment.
- Other duties as required.
- ·Determines the needs of our customers and discusses alternatives to help them by: - Providing customers with products/literature (including, but not limited to IAQ pamphlets, A/C pamphlets, referral cards, etc.). - Observing A/C vents for dust and dirt upon entering residence (IAQ leads). - Inquiring about A/C comfort level in the residence (A/C leads). - Inspecting water filters for filter upgrades. - Examining washing machine hoses for possible upgrades (stainless steel hoses). - Inspecting hot water heaters’ age and condition (flood concerns).
High School diploma or equivalent
1 year of technical training (fundamentals of plumbing) or equivalent on-the-job training
Experience: 3 years plumbing experience
Licenses/Permits/Certifications: Valid driver’s license with a good driving record; Journeyman’s License preferred, as required by trade and local, State, and Federal regulations
Knowledge, Skills and
Plumbing, minor electrical
Strong verbal and interpersonal skills; Strong organizational skills; Detail oriented
Abilities: Ability to follow detailed instructions; Ability to set up and operate a wide variety of test equipment; Aptitude for creating a customer-focused environment; Good decision-making
In addition to working for a respected Florida company, we offer perks and other great benefits including a comprehensive and competitive benefit program designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
Company-wide Benefits offered include:
- Medical and Dental Plans
- Health Care and Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long-Term Disability options
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Discounts on Service America service contracts
- Discounts on household products and services
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation Time and Paid Holidays
Director, Mechanical Electrical Plumbing (Mep)
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of MEP oversees the operations of the HVAC steam distribution systems, pump, electrical, vertical transportation, fire systems, metering/and other building automation system controls across a diverse and large portfolio of residential and commercial properties, ensuring that the highest level of organizational excellence are achieved and maintained. The Director oversees and leads engineering projects related to the provision of MEP services to the Residential portfolio.
He/She is responsible for obtaining all necessary project information and leading a specialized team to deliver the services required related to mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering. The Director will have primary responsibility for the vital MEP infrastructure for the University Apartment Housing portfolio, which comprises over 150 buildings with an appraised value in excess of $2 billion, including HVAC systems, pumps, electrical systems, vertical transportation, fire systems, meters, and other building automation systems and controls.
The Director of MEP monitors the allocation of building system capabilities to various base buildings and tenant/client needs. He / she develops technical enhancements to improve building operations and identifies equipment needing replacement or reconditioning resulting in the need for University investment.
The Director of MEP works closely with other members of CU Facilities and Operations in the review of design documents, specifications, and plans related to building systems. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned. Minimum Qualifications for Grade
Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant Bachelor's degree required. A minimum of 7 years of direct experience in HVAC operations required; HVAC field troubleshooting experience required.
Experience managing unionized workforce required. Must have strong familiarity with energy management techniques, equipment life cycle cost analysis, request for proposal bid process and intermediate to strong skills in Microsoft office computer systems. Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications
Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant Special Instructions Preferred Qualifications Mechanical engineer, MEP project management (HVACR-Boilers, Chillers, Micro-Turbines, Ctrls/BMS) construction cost management and strong knowledge of customer service. Essential Functions Additional Essential Functions (Limit to 3950 characters.) Special Indications
This position works with:
Senior Plumbing And Mechanical Consultant
A Senior Plumbing and Mechanical Consultant is the first-line supervisory level in the Plumbing and Mechanical Consultant series. Incumbents supervise field personnel engaged in the enforcement of pertinent codes, ordinances, and regulations related to the installation of plumbing and mechanical systems in public or private building projects permitted within the City of Fresno.
One vacancy exists in the Inspection Services section of the Building and Safety Services Division of the Development Department. Immediate and future vacancies will be filled from this eligible list for a period of six (6) months from the date the eligible list is created, with the option of extending that period at the City's discretion. If the examination process is suspended for this recruitment, the eligible list may be limited to three months.
These are entrance requirements to the examination and do not assure a place on the eligible list. Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications on or before the posted filing deadline in order to qualify.
Four (4) years of journey level trades experience as a contractor (with plumbing or mechanical emphasis), plumber, or air conditioning installer involved in commercial or industrial construction and one (1) year at a supervisory level with sixty semester units of higher education as noted below; OR Three (3) years of experience as an Associate Plumbing and Mechanical Consultant with the City of Fresno or equivalent with (30) thirty semester units of higher education as noted below.
Accredited college or university course work in one of the following: Construction technology, architectural drafting, industrial technology, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering, engineering technology or closely related field.
A copy of degree or college transcripts must be uploaded and included in your on-line application for verification of requirement. Applicants lacking the documentation may be rejected.
Additional experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis. Additional education may be substituted for the required journey level experience on a year-for-year basis up to two (2) years.
Possession of a valid California Driver's License required at time of appointment. Candidates considered for hire must provide proof of a valid driver's license and current copy of their driving record.
Must acquire certification from the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials or International Conference of Building Officials as a "Certified Plumbing Inspector", or "Certified Mechanical Inspector" during the first two years of employment and maintain the required certificate for the entire term of employment in this job classification.
How To Apply
APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE AN ON-LINE APPLICATION. PLEASE VISIT WWW.FRESNO.GOV/JOBS TO APPLY.
For information on how to complete an on-line application, please view "Instruction Guide" on the City's website, Personnel Services Career Opportunities page, or call (559) 621-6950 for assistance. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed employment application.
ALL CORRESPONDENCE regarding this recruitment and exam process will be sent via e-mail. All applicants will acknowledge such understanding when they complete their on-line application.
Verify we have your correct e-mail address before you submit your application. It is an applicant's responsibility to check their email frequently to ensure they receive all pertinent communication from the Personnel Services Department on a timely basis. Applicants will receive an automatically generated confirmation e-mail upon a successful application submittal. The e-mail is the only proof of submittal.
Applications must be submitted by midnight on the filing deadline or they will not be accepted for any reason. FOR THIS RECRUITMENT, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT PERMANENT FRESNO CITY EMPLOYEES APPLY THROUGH PEOPLESOFT SELF SERVICE.
The examination process may consist of the following:
APPLICATION REVIEW - Qualifying Only: Applications which meet the minimum qualifications will be reviewed and a limited number of the most qualified candidates will be invited to the panel interview.
Selection of the most qualified candidates will be based upon those applications demonstrating the greatest breadth and depth of applicable education, experience, skills and training. Therefore, applicants are urged to submit sufficiently detailed information in their application materials for a proper evaluation.
ORAL EXAM: 100%: A panel of subject matter experts will conduct a job-related oral examination to evaluate a candidate's knowledge of Building Standards Codes, pertinent state, local and regional regulations; ability to interpret and enforce the provisions of codes and ordinances, make sound decisions and establish and maintain effective working relationships or other topics related to a candidate's training, experience and qualifications for the position of Senior Plumbing and Mechanical Consultant. Candidates must achieve a passing score to qualify for the eligible list.
The oral examination has been tentatively scheduled for the week of November 26, 2018.
Veteran Preference Regulations
Qualified veterans who pass the examination may obtain five (5) additional points.
Candidates applying for veteran's preference are required to submit a copy of their DD214 with their application during the specified filing period. Evidence must be presented to indicate that the candidate was discharged honorably from the military service. Veterans, including City employees, must resubmit proof of honorable service for every examination for which veteran's preference credit is requested.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Fresno is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you need a special accommodation due to a qualifying disability, please contact the Personnel Service Department at (559) 621-6950 in advance of the examination.
Electrical Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Bridgeview, IL 60455
DIRECT HIRE - full time (NOT a contract)
Multiple Shifts Open
Want a great job with benefits? NOW HIRING - FULL TIME
Our Strategic Partner in Bridgeview, IL has Immediate Openings for Maintenance Technicians with strong Electrical Experience. Multiple Shifts open, Multiple Openings! This is central to our new growth drive for Q3 2018. Excellent pay, overtime available and benefits. Position is FULL TIME - Direct Hire.
The Maintenance Technician will be installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems with a priority on top quality to increase efficiency and reduce waste.
Primary duties include providing safe and timely electrical support, preventative maintenance, installation, service, repair, troubleshooting and resolution of multiple operating machines within a manufacturing industrial environment. The ideal candidate will have mechanical and electrical experience, a familiarity with hydraulics and pneumatic and have basic troubleshooting experience with proven ability of machine repair.
- Safety is our #1 Focus - must be safety conscious in all activities and support a safety culture that drives results.
- Utilize electrical/mechanical skills to maintain machinery
- Provide rapid response to ensure seamless productivity.
- 2-3 years in trouble shooting industrial electrical control systems down to component level
- An operational knowledge of automated industrial machinery which includes; motors, servos, pumps, drives, relays, 3 phase power, communication devices, industrial / electronic controls, and power transmission systems.
- A good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Able to install and set up both A/C and D/C drives
- PLC trouble shooting and problem solving ability with practical, mechanical & electrical aptitude.
- Must be able to read and interpret both electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Working knowledge of power transmission equipment and bearings.
- Basic welding skills preferred but not required. * Familiar with pumps, both air and electric.
- Able to install and trouble shoot basic 3 phase motor control circuits
- Some knowledge of the various types of sensors and limit switches
- Familiar with computers and Microsoft software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a mature and professional manner.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime
We offer a full benefits package that includes full medical/ dental/ vision/ life insurance, 401 K match.
Controls - Electrical Installer
What you will do
Under general supervision, performs installation and checkout on a variety of systems utilizing codes, company procedures, engineering drawings and personal analysis. Works with "Prime" electrical contractors as required. Develops a positive interface with the customer to ensure confidence and satisfaction with the system installation. Provides work direction to other employees involved in electrical installation activities.
How you will do it
Installs raceways, cables and wiring to meet local or national codes, standards and customer system requirements. Lays out electrical controls installation to provide lowest total installed cost.
Mounts and terminates controls equipment as needed.
Mentor and assists others as the local expert regarding electrical installation practices, requirements and cost estimates.
May assist sales with electrical estimates, including walking retrofit projects.
Determines and validates final termination points to equipment interfaced with the installed system (i.e. chillers, boilers, roof top units, etc.).
Checks out wiring and terminations of field-installed equipment with test instruments as needed (i.e. volt meters, hand held testers, etc.).
Keeps management informed of job needs, progress and issues.
Provides work direction to other employees involved in electrical installation.
Completes paperwork, including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation. Provides feedback to JCI Engineering on changes and keeps as-built drawings current.
Resolves job site conflicts regarding installation issues or escalates concerns to management as required.
Communicates with the customer as necessary upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
Adheres to Johnson Controls safety programs and policies.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
What we look for
Electrical apprenticeship or formal training in electrical installation techniques.
Possesses journeyman's level electrical licensure.
Demonstrated ability to read and interpret drawings.
Possesses working knowledge of local codes as it applies to controls.
Experienced in scope determination of installation materials. Able to work independently.
- Four years' experience directly with controls installations
What else you'll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule, mobile device, laptop, company vehicle. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package that starts on day 1, which includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Plumbing And Electrical Trade Specialist
Be part of our Growth Story
Do you have a passion for people? Are you a go-getter, full of new ideas and eager to be part of a team that's committed to helping some of the most recognized brands across North America deliver better experiences for their customers?
Vixxo has been helping to keep the world's best-loved brands running smoothly since 1980. As a leader in facilities management, Vixxo helps to optimize and maintain equipment lifespans and realize greater revenue through better customer experiences.
About the Role
The Trade Specialist is responsible for delivering expert, trade specific knowledge to evaluate complicated work tasks, including capital replacements, multi-location projects, and quotable work where the scope goes beyond normal repairs or established not to exceed (NTEs). Trade Specialists must be able to evaluate a Service Provider's scope of work and related costs to determine fairness and accuracy; the evaluation also includes alternative work scenarios that could lower customer cost and decrease customer asset downtime. Successful Trade Specialists must be able to work effectively and efficiently to meet service level agreements (SLA) commitments, have strong communications skills to interact with other internal departments as well as Clients and Service Providers, and must have strong negotiation skills to meet cost savings commitments.
3+ years of general contracting work experience. Trade license a plus
Plumbing and electrical experience required
1+ year(s) of price negotiation and profitable proposal creation
1+ year(s) of customer service experience, recruitment or inside sales experience
Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word
Has a strong understanding of facilities maintenance issues
Ability to maintain a professional relationship with vendors, clients, and other associates
Provide outstanding customer satisfaction to all internal and external customers
Be self-directed and motivated
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
Ability to think logically and to analyze problems
Multi-task and to take the initiative in developing and completing various work tasks
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's (two years) Degree preferred
Electrical / Mechanical Technician
To Apply - click on link and find the position you want to apply for, then complete all applicant information - https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/sf/careers/jobsearch?bplte_company=ebrona&_s.crb=%2b989yFBleXmc4HigV6i%2fk6RzhtA%3d
Electro-Mechanical Technicians provides technical support in the installation, repair, preventative, and routine maintenance, on electronic/instrumentation and mechanical equipment
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform tests/calibrations, repair/replace components, and troubleshoot packaging equipment for operational problems
- Read schematics refere to manufacturer specifications to disassemble and reassemble complex equipment and machinery
- Perform maintenance, troubleshoot and repair on the following equipment
- Variable frequency drives
- DC Drives
- Photo cells
- Proximity Switches
- DC Power Supplies
- Servo Drives
- Gas Burner and Gas Controls
- Boilers and Boiler Controls
- Perform maintenance and repair on High Voltage AC Volt circuits generally found in industry; such as 240/480 colt motor control circuits (knowledge of Start/Stop stations, and how to wire them)
- Perform maintenance and repair on contractors and overload circuits, check weighs, metal detectors, solenoids valves
- Work on packaging equipment such as carton machines, Hot Glue System Filling machines, Automatic Baggers, HMIs, PLC, Level detection systems as well as:
- Analog input and output devices 4 – 20 ma/0-10vdc /5-10vdc
- Temperature control circuits RTD/Thermal Couples, Convening or product
- Perform wiring on relay circuits
- Install wiring and conduit to assembly and troubleshooting circuits
- Maintain troubleshoot, and repair electrical motors and generators
- Perform acceptance tests of new equipment and inspect the installation of electrical equipment and systems for conformance with plans and specifications
- Prepare new and/or modified equipment operating and maintenance procedures
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions; irregularities, and continuing needs
- Support Riviana Good Manufacturing Practices to promote safe, sanitary, and hygienically sound workplace
- Adheres to HACCP, SQF, OSHA, and company policies and procedures
- Must be able to drive plant equipment, such as forklifts, jig lifts, and trucks
- Coordinates work efforts with other plant personnel, including other departments and contractors
- Support other areas across facility when necessary
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Associate of Applied Science in instrumentation, computers, or electronics preferred; or college level semester credits in instrumentation, computers or electronics
Prior Work Experience
- 5+ yrs. Experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of industrial instrumentation; experience with control or communication system components involving the application of electrical principles.
- Working knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment used in the inspection, testing, calibration, maintenance, and repair process instrumentation and control equipment
- Strong mechanical experience working with packaging equipment; experienced working on conveying systems, belts, assembly line equipment
Key Elements of the Role
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs moving whole body, such as climbing(excess of 100 ft), lifting, balancing, bending, reaching, leaning, stooping, and handling of materials
- Must be able to communicate loudly and clearly enough to be heard over normal plant background noise
- Ability to read write, listen to, comprehend, and communicate in English
- Eyesight either natural or corrected must be sufficient to work safely in daylight or dimly lit conditions
- Must demonstrate a proper use and care of all facility required PPE
- Must have good mathematical skills to include basic algebra for calculations of electrical/electronic equations, basic trigonometry for calculations of vectors for VFD systems
- Must be able to determine root causes of operating errors as well as determine best remedy to repair equipment
- Ability to utilize critical thinking, active listening, oral comprehension, judgment, and decision-making skills; as well as deductive and inductive reasoning skills
- Working knowledge of speed, motion, time; and methods involved in production; able to interpret engineering drawings and schematic diagrams
- Knowledge of OSHA Lock Out/Tag Out and Confined Space procedures
- Oscilloscopes signal generators, voltmeters, multi-meters, high and low voltage detectors, pipe bending tools, grounding hardware, Megger
- Be able to work in dusty work environment on a daily basis
- Physically present on time, regular attendance; ability to work overtime, including weekends, nights, holidays, and on a needed basis
- Respond to emergency callouts; on-call when scheduled
- High exposure to noise and seasonal exposure to heat and cold
Certificates and Licenses
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- TWIC; Must qualify for TWIC Card.
Riviana Foods offer full medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401k and many more outstanding benefits.
Riviana Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, sexual orientation/gender identity, citizenship where legally permitted to work, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Mechanical / Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
Join a multi-disciplinary team that is creating the future of manufacturing CT/PET Detectors, a critical sub-assembly within CT/PET Scanners that converts X-Ray to an image. Lead critical efforts around process capability growth, process redesign, improved material utilization and early defect detection to dramatically simplify manufacturing processes and reduce product cost.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Process capability growth to ensure future fulfillment of customer demand.
• Develop a more simplified manufacturing process.
• Early Defect detection, acquire and control critical x’s to ensure stable outputs.
• Lead experiments to develop process parameters, coordinating the fabrication of parts, commissioning and operation of process and test equipment, and supporting the diagnosis and troubleshooting of issues.
• Design, develop and maintain automation solutions used for manufacture of advanced medical device components.
• Collaborate with engineering teams to design equipment, procedures and tools for manufacturing processes.
1. B.S. Degree in Mechanical/Automation/Electrical Engineering
2. Clear thinker with demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and solve problems
3. Proven ability to analyze data and drive process improvements
4. Fluent in English, clear verbal and written communication skills
5. Strong team and interpersonal skills
6. Ability to work at multiple sites across the greater Milwaukee area.
1. MS/PHD in Mechanical/Automation/Electrical Engineering
2. Lean 6-sigma: GB, DFSS BB/MBB certified
3. Program PLC, HMI, robots and associated devices to produce integrated work cells and production lines.
4. Experience in Process Intensive manufacturing
5. Experience with process automation and collaborative robotics
6. Prior knowledge of Ceramic Scintillators and machining processes
7. Demonstrated experience owning production processes / growing capability in yield and quality
8. Demonstrated ability in coding languages such as Python
Senior Mechanical Engineer / Plumbing Designer
Summit Design and Engineering Services is seeking an experienced Building Mechanical Engineer/Plumbing Designer to assist our team in starting a MEP Department in our Raleigh or Hillsborough office. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and have excellent leadership and project management abilities.
Preparation of construction documents for HVAC and plumbing design of buildings including drawings, specifications, and reports
Perform HVAC load calculations; prepare HVAC and plumbing system design drawings
Size, select and create specifications for appropriate HVAC equipment, including chillers, rooftop units, heat pumps, etc.
Size ductwork and coordinate routing
Select and size hydronic systems including: pumps, pipe supports, routing, and valves
Accurately and timely produce plumbing systems design elements consistent with project specifications and code requirements
Produce accurate and complete fixture unit calculations
Select appropriate equipment and fixtures for project
Perform field investigations, site visits and construction administration
Work closely with utility companies as required by the project
Close coordination with the Client and the entire design team including owners, architects, contractors, members of other disciplines, and internal support staff to ensure the design is consistent with what the Client has envisioned, to ensure a fully coordinated inter-disciplinary design, and to ensure the design schedule is maintained
Assist in the development of proposals for new projects including definition of the project scope, budget estimates, and design schedules
Assist in marketing our MEP services to new clients
BS in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited school or BS in Architectural Engineering with a Mechanical/Plumbing emphasis
LEED certification a plus
7+ years of experience in the design of mechanical and plumbing systems for various types of facilities,
Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office suite
Understanding of electrical systems design is a plus
Certified Plumbing Designer
Knowledge of various plumbing systems, riser diagrams, fixture/equipment concepts and design standards
Knowledge and experience in fire protection design a plus
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to travel to project sites as needed
Summit Design and Engineering Services is a multi-disciplined design and engineering services firm headquartered in Hillsborough, North Carolina, with other offices in Raleigh, Durham, Asheville, Fayetteville, Pittsboro, Indian Trail and South Boston, Virginia. For the past 4 years we have been named one of the fastest growing companies in the Research Triangle area.
Since 1997, Summit's success, tradition of service and expansion into new fields of practice have been based on our commitment to help our clients successfully complete projects of all types.
Our expertise includes: Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI), Structural Engineering, Land Development, Geotechnical Engineering, Architecture, Transportation and Infrastructure Design, Traffic Engineering, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Construction Materials Testing, Special Inspections and Surveying.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!