Instructor Driving Job Description Sample
Driving School Instructor - Hourly - Los Angeles
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication. Together, we make a difference. If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the United States, we are united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding. Description: AAA is seeing career-minded individuals for our Driving School Instructor opportunity in Los Angeles. Responsibilities include:
The primary job duties include training new drivers in the car.
Instructors are responsible for scheduling drive appointments and maintaining all regulatory records required by the State of California.
Instructors also conduct teen driver evaluations and adult skills audits for older drivers.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Training experience is a plus.
Candidates must be able to accommodate the availability of our students which means working afternoon, evenings and weekends.
Selected candidate must have a valid California Driver's License and an excellent driving record.
Selected candidate must take and pass a physical exam for licensing by the State as well as a Department of Justice background check. Non-Benefit Eligible "Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service." AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Organization:DRIVER ED & TRAINING - CA (03621.05.1000)
Title: _Driving School Instructor
Location:California-Los Angeles (CA)-Los Angeles Figueroa (1085)
Adjunct Driving Instructor
Position involves walking/standing for extended periods of time.
Instructional staff will be expected to maintain a professional rapport with students and peers. The primary job function is to establish a training environment in which the students can obtain the knowledge and skills to meet their educational goals.Complete job description can be found on IHCC website at: http://www.indianhills.edu/employment/
MUST HAVE nerves of steel to teach beginning drivers how to drive.
Must be able to teach both in the classroom setting and in the car. Follow the laws of the state and the company. Be understanding or each students needs and be able to adjust the teaching style to reach those kids.
Flexible hours mostly afternoon/evenings and weekends when kids are out of school.
*Instructing Experience Helpful
*Good People Skills
*Strong Communication Skills
*MUST BE DEPENDABLE AND PROMPT
We currently serve Marion and all surrounding counties with classrooms located downtown Marion and in Galion at the YMCA.
Part Time Wsi, Truck Driving Instructor
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Founded in 2010, LSC-University Park is located on a 71-acre campus that includes the comprehensive Lone Star College campus along with Lone Star Corporate College, the LSC-Energy & Manufacturing Center, multiple university partners, a charter high school, several commercial tenants and much more creating the college of the future. LSC-UP's vision is to be nationally recognized as the model for the innovative college of the 21st century. LSC-UP's "Invitation to Innovate" (i2i) has resulted in local, national and international awards and recognitions, including one patent.
Campus address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77
Under limited supervision, performs instructional duties related to the Transportation & Logistics Technical Center program and provides highly technical support and expertise. Requires extensive knowledge of technical area of expertise. Provides advice and acts as consultant as well as completes repairs, installations and building of equipment and systems. Generally unique position with limited backup.
- Provides instruction for the professional truck driving classes, ensuring that the students meet the standards as established by all appropriate regulatory, credentialing and licensing agencies, including but not limited to the United States and Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Workforce Commission, Texas Coordinating Board of Higher Education and the Lone Star College System.
- Maintains/repairs or facilitates the repair of equipment and vehicles as necessary. Recommends supplies and equipment for budgetary consideration;
- Assists in identifying additional instructors and special presenters and verifying their qualifications as required by the state and regulatory/licensure agencies. Evaluate instructors as requested by the supervisor.
- Develops and implements curriculum/course outlines to meet requirements of state and regulatory agencies. Facilitates textbook and instructional materials selection.
- Maintains appropriate records for courses, classes, students, instructors and equipment in accordance with state and regulatory/licensure agencies.
- Assists in planning the schedule for the Center and other programs as assigned. Coordinates facilities and special equipment for instructional needs.
- Recommends emerging instructional needs for new courses and programs.
- Assists in Advisory Committee activities and attends all meetings. Participates in divisional activities and meetings as required.
- Maintains and builds good relationships between the Center and the transportation industry/employers in order to assist students with job placement. Assists in service to the business/industry community with program areas assigned.
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills; must have demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Ability to communicate, understand, and meet needs of less technical customers.
- Must demonstrate instructional skills.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to manage complex projects demonstrating a high degree of judgment, tact and discretion.
- Skilled in the Windows environment with basic proficiency with common office software.
- Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers, as well as working, primarily with the whole hand.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
$41.75/ per contact hour
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Eighteen-wheeler and all related equipment. PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment.
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position.
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards, as well as in indoor and outdoor settings with exposure to weather and safety hazard typical of those within the commercial truck-driving industry.
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You cannot attach a file that exceeds the allocated limit of 1024 kilobytes. You can attach a maximum of 10 files at a time. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
- High school diploma and at least 5 years of commercial, over-the-road truck driving experience.
- Class "A" CDL in good standing with all endorsements also in good standing.
- Clean motor vehicle report.
- Current, successful Department of Transportation physical and drug screen.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of commercial over-the-road truck driving experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience training new drivers with an over-the-road carrier.
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check
First you must have less than 4 points on you license, Have had a license for at least 5 years and be able to pass a BCI and FBI back round check.
You will be teaching students and adults how to drive correctly and how to be a safe driver. Also you will teach things like maneuverability, Downtown driving, freeway driving and a lot more. If this sounds like a job for you let us know.
Viva Driving School, Inc. is hiring driving instructors!!! We have been so busy recently and hope to meet the need for our services in West Los Angeles area in the coming months. Viva is proud to say that we are by far the most popular choice by parents and adults of all ages in the areas we service. We teach all students how to drive in a safe and defensive manner. We will provide you with a Viva car, insurance and other necessities. Also, you will be treated as a W-2 employee, not a 1099 independent contractor. We value your contribution to our team and consider you a part of our family. You will be required to take a Driving Instructor written test at the DMV after training with us is completed. Our MAIN OFFICE is in Pasadena, CA and all training will be done here.
- Must be a West LA Resident due to traffic. Being a resident of West LA will benefit both the employee and the company
- Must have your Driver License a minimum of *10 years* with a spotless driving record and a professional appearance
- Available to teach a minimum of 25 flexible hours, 4-6 days a week (7 am to 7 pm)
- -----------> including weekends.
- Speak FLUENT English and have great communication skills. (Bilingual a PLUS!)
- HS Diploma or GED certificate to qualify.
- Must have a valid social security card.
- Will undergo a national finger-print scan, background check, health physical and drug testing as required by the DMV
- Must have home internet access, basic computer abilities, reliable transportation, and a cell phone.
- FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED. All applicants will be considered.
Driving Instructor / License Examiner
Learn to Drive is a driving school and third party license and permit tester for the State of Colorado. Our two offices are located in Lakewood and Golden.
Must be at least 21 years old (due to state requirements for license testing)
Must have at least 10 years of driving experience
Clean driving and personal records
Pre-employment background check required
May be required to pass a drug test before receiving an offer of employment
Must have reliable transportation to work and back
Patience and ability to stay composed in occasionally stressful situations
Friendly demeanor with emphasis on excellent customer service
Good organizational skills for dealing with state documents and paperwork
Availability to work occasional early evenings and occasional Saturday or Sunday
Responsible for conducting drive tests according to state standards
Provide Behind-the-Wheel instruction to students using company methods of teaching
Conduct Driver Education in the classroom using approved company materials
Proctor / grade the written Permit Test according to the standards set by the State of Colorado
Maintain accurate and complete state records / reporting documents
Make sure company checklists and internal documents are followed
Responsible for clear communication and feedback after driving instruction and exams
Keep company vehicles clean and tidy
Perfom Daily Office Tasks to ensure office cleanliness / readiness
Any other reasonable activity required by management.
This position rotates between drive tests, classroom instruction and Behind-the-Wheel instruction depending on the week. If you like variety, you'll get it in this job. Perfect for someone who is semi-retired but wants to stay active and likes working with teens and adults.
LOCATION: You'll be working out of both our Lakewood and Golden locations each week. We're looking for weekend instructors and late afternoon instructors as well.
COMPENSATION: $10.00 per hour during training. (If you're new to this field, training will be provided and paid for on the job if you have the necessary transferable skill sets.) Once you're cleared to teach Behind-the-Wheel sessions on your own, you'll get a 30% pay raise to $13.00 per hour (usually within two to three months depending on your training schedule). After you've taken the state-mandated training to become a driver's license examiner and have received your examiner certificate (BOST TESTER), your pay will increase to $14.00/hour. (Timing on this depends on the DMV training schedule but usually happens between 3 to 9 months on the job.) If you're already a certified state BOST examiner with at least one year experience, starting pay is $14.00 per hour.
HOURS: Hours range between 15 and 25 hours per week to start. More hours are possible during our busy season from March to October. You will be teaching or testing new drivers and that can be, occasionally, nerve-wracking and sometimes dangerous. Please only apply if you think you would do well in these circumstances.
Dedicated Driving Instructor
Job Opening ID: 00251781 Dedicated Driving Instructor (Evergreen) (Open)
Job Title: Dedicated Driving Instructor
Country: United States of America State/Province:
Windsor Locks Full/Part Time:
As a Dedicated Driving Instructor, your primary responsibilities will be the training and instruction of our Dedicated driver teams. You will be responsible for the assessment, training, and development of drivers for J.B.
This includes assisting with new hire orientation, teaching advanced defensive driving techniques using the Smith System®, skill assessment, and continual education to ensure drivers have the necessary skills for safe operation of a commercial vehicle. The primary focus of this position will be to help ensure J. B. Hunt drivers are properly trained to navigate in the five boroughs of New York City.
Assist with new hire orientation classroom training, as well as continued training for current drivers.
Conduct new driver road tests to ensure DOT compliance and safe vehicle operation.
Evaluate the driver's skill level and make recommendations to achieve desired skills.
Extensive knowledge of commercial vehicle operations in NYC and surrounding areas.
Perform skill assessments and diagnose safety opportunities with current drivers.
Assist in the design and update of orientation and training materials.
Provide training in the Smith System® of defensive driving.
Be proficient in recording and analyzing data using Microsoft office programs.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
5 + years related experience as a CDL Driving Instructor.
Experience with NYC driving and/or instruction.
Preferred qualifications include a valid Class A CDL and DOT Medical Certificate.
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development.
Nation-wide opportunities. We are J.B. Hunt.Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role.
Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career! J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America.
We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It's no wonder we have been named one of America's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law. Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities.
Nationwide relocation possibilities. These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential. Why J.B. Hunt? We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you.
Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career. What are we looking for? We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry.
We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation.
Truck Driving Instructor - Part-Time
Immediate opening for a part time CDL instructor.Class A CDL required. 3 years verifiable truck driving experience in the most recent 10 years. Minimum of two (2) year as a long haul, OTR truck driver or equivalent.
Current DOT physical required.Hours will vary depending upon student enrollment. We do offer day and evening sessions Monday-Friday. Occasional weekend sessions may be scheduled.We offer an excellent working environment, paid vacations and holidays and 401K options.RETIRED Truck Drivers are strongly encouraged to apply...come share your knowledge and valuable experience with CDL trainees.A Full Time Position may be offered if applicant has office experience, computer skills and telephone capabilities.
Applicant must be at least 21 years of age with a valid Connecticut license that has been held for at least 4 years with no violations.
Must be able to attain a DCF background check, criminal history report, and license check. State driving teacher's license preferred, but we are willing to train to assist you in getting this license. Availibility: this job is a good part-time job best for a retired person with flexible hours and a consistent schedule. Preferred
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!