Instructor Modeling Job Description Sample
ISR Modeling Analyst
- Performs specialized ISR modeling and simulation in support of functional and regional collection managers with the goal of optimizing the efficiency and effectiveness of ISR in the USPACOM AOR. Perform system administration tasks to ensure the ISR modeling system (Precision Sensor Assessment System) remains up to date (upgrades, security patches, and others) and fully operational.
- Provide specialized ISR Modeling and Simulation (M&S) support to functional and regional collection managers within the IMMC. This includes the development of products to visualize modeling results.
- Support, train, and mentor IMMC personnel on the interpretation and use of ISR modeling results and products.
- Develop ISR M&S training aids and instruct/train IMMC personnel on the use of PSAS-M and other modeling software used within the IMMC.
- Provide system administration for the ISR modeling and simulation application (Precision Sensor Assessment System 0 Multi-INT). System administration tasks include, but are not limited to implementing system upgrades/enhancements, security patches, rollbacks, troubleshooting, and routine server maintenance.
- Using a variety of methods, analyze existing collection plans to determine potential enhancements and recommend improvements for review by the IMMC Chief or Technical Point of Contact. This includes the development of ISR modeling steady state and crisis standard operating procedures.
- Support and participate in conferences, exercise (planning and execution), and working groups (via secure VTC or in person) in support of the IMMC mission or ISR modeling initiatives.
- Participate in the Joint Collection Management Board (JCMB), Joint Collection Working Groups (JCWG), Defense Collection Management Boards (DCMB) and National Collection Management Boards (NCMB) as requested by the Government. Develop and present ISR modeling related material in these forums as required.
Bachelor or master's degree with 10+ years of intelligence collection management experience or equivalent intelligence/academic experience. Requires thorough knowledge of the Department of Defense (DoD) General ISR, CM, Plans, Assessment, and modeling. Requires knowledge of architecture, systems and applications associated with the aforementioned functional areas. Mentor level knowledge and familiarity (operational level users) is required for the following applications: Microsoft Office, PRISM, PSAS, Collection requirement systems, and RMT
Aerospace Modeling And Simulation Engineer (Multidisciplinary).
This position is for a research aerospace engineer who possesses a multi-disciplinary aerospace background preferably in aerodynamics, CFD, structural dynamics, aeroelasticity, and flight dynamics and control. The successful candidate will become a member of a high-performance team conducting work to support research activities under the Advanced Air Transport Technology (AATT) project. Specific duties will include:
- Perform aerodynamic modeling and simulation of flexible wing aircraft and wing shaping control concepts using aerodynamic tools such as vortex-lattice codes AVL, vortex-lattice code (VORLAX/VSPAERO), VSP Aero and research/commercial CFD codes.
- Perform aeroelastic analysis by coupling finite-element codes (NASTRAN and in-house code) to aerodynamic tools.
- Support the development of coupled aeroelastic-flight dynamic model in Matlab Simulink environment.
- Support multidisciplinary optimization.
- Perform aerodynamic and finite element code modification and code development
- Publish research results in relevant conference proceedings/journals.
- Applied background/coursework should include: Aerodynamics, Structures, Aeroelasticity, Flight Dynamics, Control, and Optimization. Previous related work experience is highly desired.
- Experience using aerodynamic tools: vortex-lattice code (VORLAX/VSPAERO), Research CFD code such as CART3D, FUN3D or equivalent commercial CFD code (STARCCM+), finite element codes (NASTRAN), commercial CFD code.
- A high proficiency in MATLAB is required.
Successful candidate must be:
- A fast learner, quickly effective, and up to speed.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Capable of assuming responsibility for a significant portion of the work.
Other Desired Skills:
Experience or demonstrated coursework in Aerodynamics/Aeroelasticity
Predictive Modeling And Data Analytics Lead
This position will be assigned to work out of our home office in Bloomington, IL.
At COUNTRY Financial, our Predictive Modeling and Data Analytics Lead in P/C Research and Analytics analyzes and develops models for property/casualty pricing, product development, and rating plans to achieve established growth, loss ratio, retention and expense goals across various business lines. Lead technical resource provides experience and direction in performing predictive modeling projects over a range of business lines to identify business problems and devise analytic solutions that contribute to enterprise success.
*This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
Directs and leads department decisions and actions with respect to the following:
- Serves as a resource for best practices/quality on functional teams or projects. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Trains, guides, and mentors other professionals or colleagues with less experience. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Maintains current market knowledge and awareness of key industry trends in pricing/product segmentation and predictive modeling through primary and secondary research and attendance at analytical and industry
- Researches, develops and helps implement innovative pricing models based upon sophisticated predictive modeling/multivariate analysis.
- Directs adoption of predictive modeling methods to study client retention and conversion of quotes to new business issued; uses results to influence rating, underwriting and sales decisions.
- Develops companywide rating plans and recommended rating factors, based upon predictive modeling and data mining techniques.
Produces segmentation models for P/C loss costs or retention.
Performs highly analytical ad hoc projects especially as they relate to actuarial segmentation (territory, credit, underwriting scoring, evaluation of 3rd party vendor data).
Networks on project implementation with key contacts IT, underwriting, actuarial, external vendor, or others.
Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Modeling Expert
This position reports to the Director of FP&A and is an integral member of Lumber Liquidators FP&A team that provides key financial planning, reporting, and analysis to stakeholders across the organization as well as senior management. The position will also take a significant amount of direction from the Director of Business Intelligence so flexibility and the ability to manage competing priorities are essential. The analyst will maintain and develop financial models used for budgeting, reporting, and forecasting which require knowledge of financial concepts and superior excel skills. The types of reporting performed include a wide range of deliverables such as monthly cost center reports, variance analysis, KPI performance, and other financial schedules. There is significant interaction with people in different functional areas across the organization, including senior management, which requires effective communication skills and a collaborative mindset. As with most FP&A roles, a large portion of time will be spent on ad hoc analysis requests from across the company.
Title: Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
Reports To: Director, Financial Analysis
Job Status: Exempt
Number of People Supervised: None
· Participate in development the annual business plan
· Participate in interim and long term forecast processes
· Monthly reporting of financial results to key stakeholders and senior management
· Weekly and Monthly publishing of reports that include key performance indicators and other analysis
· Build and maintain financial models to aid in analysis, forecasting and decision making
· Respond to ad hoc data and analysis requests for key business functions
· Support the preparation of presentations for Senior Management and the Board
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business, required
· 2-4 years of financial analysis experience, preferably in corporate environment
· Experience with financial analysis and modeling
· Experience with business planning software, preferred
· CPA or MBA, preferred
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business, required
· Expert MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills
· Strong understanding of key accounting and financial concepts
· Ability to learn and become proficient in new software and systems
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to achieve results within assigned deadlines
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
Mems Modeling Design Engineer
MEMS Modeling Design Engineer-San Jose, CA Area
We are seeking a motivated and creative individual to work in a fast paced, market oriented R&D team environment developing MEMS technology. Strong preference will be given for experience with MEMS design, characterization, and modeling/simulation. Other desirable background experiences include MEMS Sensors. Candidate will be expected to offer creative insights and solutions for R&D problems, with direct responsibilities for developing new design concepts and architectures, modeling/simulation, characterization, design and analysis of experiments, and written and oral presentations.
- Contribute ideas for new designs and improvements to MEMS technologies and processing.
- Perform FEM modeling and simulation analysis of new design concepts and architectures.
- Solid modeling, mechanical, acoustical, flow dynamics, etc…
- Perform a variety of physical, electrical, and optical characterization activities on MEMS devices.
- Design critical experiments, analyze data, develop meaningful conclusions, and produce written summaries of results.
- Work independently and collaboratively, assist on assignments with other engineers as needed.
- Minimum MS in appropriate field, strong preference for Ph.D. (Preferred degrees: Physics, MEMS, EE, Materials Science; Acceptable degree: ME, or other with suitable experience)
- Desirable to have 10+ years in a semiconductor related industry, with hands-on experience designing and analyzing silicon MEMS.
- Modeling and simulation skills are highly desirable.
- Laboratory experience with electrical testing and characterization is highly desirable.
- Must possess strong traits of self-motivation, attention to detail, and desire to contribute to leading edge technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
For over 30 years, Critical Fit has been serving clients nationwide. During that time, many things have changed, but one thing has stayed the same: outstanding companies hire outstanding people! Bringing these two groups together is our expertise. We recruit and place a variety of executive level professionals for clients in emerging, middle market, and Fortune 500 companies across a diversified industry base. Our commitment to our client companies is unsurpassed.
We keep business simple. We listen. We understand. We perform.
IT Software Engineering Manager- Modeling
Engineer Manager, Modeling
Palo Alto, California
We are an enterprise software leader in cloud corporate performance management (CPM), empowering finance and business leaders everywhere with critical insights to plan smarter, report faster, and analyze better. We deliver powerful and intuitive solutions to automate financial planning and forecasting for mid-sized, enterprise, and non-profit organizations seeking to transform business performance. We are addressing the needs of a large and rapidly growing cloud CPM market. Over 3,000 companies worldwide, rely on our award-winning Product Suite to transform financial planning and analytics to better position their organizations for success.
Do you get excited by leading a team that builds highly performant solutions to large, solve complex problems? Does the thought of building services that can scale from small to very large enterprises, delivered in the cloud, across the globe, excite you? We are looking for a seasoned leader to provide managerial direction and technical leadership to a group of talented developers, be able to go head-head on technical matters, and have the empathy and desire to help the team grow as people and professionals.
- Actively participate, drive as needed, and deliver on the product roadmap (working with product management and architects)
- Lead the day-day agile activities of the team
- Collaborate closely with other development teams (and managers) to help with continuous improvement of the architecture, tools and processes
- Attract, hire and retain a team of very talented engineers
- Minimum three years (prefer five plus) of experience managing a software development team
- Experience delivering and supporting enterprise scale software, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Experience in designing and building complex systems
- Experience in developing scalable services
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and communicate across organizational boundaries
- Experience in developing in an agile environment
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working with distributed teams on related products
Modeling And Simulation Engineer - Modeling And Simulation, Soft
Modeling and Simulation Engineer
Modeling and Simulation, Soft Modeling and Simulation Engineer
Modeling and Simulation, Soft
Modeling and Simulation, Software Engineering, Programming If you are a Modeling and Simulation Engineer with a degree in software engineering, please read on! This is a full time permanent role located within Navy Yard, DC. You must have a current secret clearance to be considered.
What You Will Be Doing - Assist in development and execution of operational and / or physics based models
Integrate new capabilities into existing tools through scripting and plugins
Engineering research, design and development
Research new data of interest, develop new databases, cleanse data for for modeling team to develop solution for problems
What You Need for this Position More Than 5 Years of experience and knowledge of:
Modeling and Simulation
Programming in at least one of the following JAVA, VBA, Python, Fortran, C or C+- Experience with one or more: GIS, optimization, artificial intelligence, visualization, CAD, human/system interfaces, game theory, statistics
Tool Familiarity : Eclipse, Octave, Matlab, Repast, Symphony, QGIS, Arena, MySQL Bachelors degree in software engineering, Masters Degree desired What's In It for You - Competitive compensation and benefits
Great work environment
Work with leading developers in the area So, if you are a Modeling and Simulation Engineer with a degree in software engineering, please apply today! Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Modeling and Simulation Engineer
- Modeling and Simulation, Soft* DC-WashingtonRK-1417273
Lead Survivability Modeling Engineer, Modeling And Simulation, Orlando FL
A Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Engineer with significant Survivability Modeling Expertise is needed to lead Survivability modeling for a complex weapon system. The Survivability Modeling Lead will be responsible for architecting and developing the system survivability toolset required to be delivered to the program customer.
This comprehensive toolset integrates a wide array of engineering tools and models, government survivability tools, threat models, and post processing tools to accurately model weapon system mission performance. The Survivability Modeling Lead engineer will lead developers and analysts from Systems Engineering and Operations Analysis in developing the components of the M&S toolset. The Survivability Modeling Lead engineer will be responsible for coordinating and interfacing regularly with suppliers, customers, other customer technical advisers.
Responsibility includes managing M&S manpower, milestones, IMS, etc. Strong experience with air vehicle survivability modeling is required. This position requires familiarity with models and tools such as Suppressor and ESAMS.
A background in radar and sensor technologies is required to facilitate threat and system model development. A Modeling and Simulation Engineer's primary endeavor is to represent physical and functional truth (capability) into an advanced high-fidelity computer simulation capable of predicting system pre-deployment performance, or otherwise assisting in the interpretation of real world test results. These modeling and simulation tasks run the gamut from hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL), 6 DOF Integrated Flight simulations (IFS), system survivability, Safety of Flight (SOF), and end-to-end battle management systems (BMS). MFCREFER Basic Qualifications Of specific interest is a Modeling and Simulation engineer capable of integrating guidance, navigation and autopilot algorithms into a high fidelity IFS.
Inclusive in this capability is the performance of trade studies and simulation analyses with the objective of enhancing and optimizing system performance capability. Experience with both IR and RF threat modeling is of particular interest. Must have a final TOP SECRET clearance Desired skills C++ and MATLAB experience is highly desirable.
Knowledge and expertise with tools such as Suppressor and ESAMS is very important. As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
*Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Job Location(s): Orlando Florida
Senior Modeling And Simulation Specialist
Datrose is seeking an experienced Senior Modeling and Simulation Specialist for an excellent contract opportunity in Woodlawn, MD (45 mins out of DC)! If you are a motivated, detail oriented, and seeking an opportunity with a great client; please feel free to apply!
This is a W-2 Position only, unfortunately not accepting C2C.
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Modeling and Simulation Specialist to join our team in Woodlawn, MD to begin an exciting and challenging career.
The modelling and simulation specialist should:
•be able to specify, design, develop, implement, and support projects that focus on dynamic or static modeling and simulation.
•provide expertise in the application of data science, modeling and simulation to design, engineering analysis, and control applications.
•possess good communication skills, and problem solving abilities.
•A CANDIDATE MUST BE EITHER A U.S. CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT ALIEN. H1 visa holders can also be considered if qualified.
•Bachelor's degree and 8 years relevant experience
•At least 5 years’ experience in Analytics, especially in using SPSS for analytics purposes
•Be able to specify, design, develop, implement, and support projects that focus on dynamic or static modeling and
simulation. Provide expertise in the application of data science, modeling and simulation to design,
engineering analysis, and control applications.
•Good communication skills, and problem solving abilities.
Datrose is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Assistant Actuary - Corporate Actuarial Modeling
This position can be located in Chicago, Illinois; West Des Moines, Iowa or Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Serve as a leader within the Model Development area of the Corporate Modeling department in implementing changes to actuarial models in accordance with Company’s Model Governance process. Serve as a leader in the development and execution of accurate and efficient tools and processes to support the actuarial function(s) related to this role. Analyze, summarize and present management information to drive decisions. Understand Sammons Financial Group (SFG) financial objectives and ensure processes and implement product support to meet those objectives. Manage multiple projects and work collaboratively with other departments, providing technical guidance as needed. Lead special projects as directed..
- Provide leadership in implementing changes to models in accordance with Company’s Model Governance process. Work with fixed, indexed and variable universal life insurance, term life insurance, whole life insurance, immediate annuities, and fixed, indexed and variable deferred annuities.
- Apply strong knowledge of SFG products related to area of focus. Understand new and key products, how their features impact risks, and make recommendations regarding how to incorporate into existing models and/or actuarial processes.
- Apply expertise with insurance contracts and actuarial related regulations to perform existing functions. Recommend enhancements to existing processes or develop new processes to accommodate regulatory changes. Prepare actuarial memorandums and/or disclosures in compliance with regulations related to area of focus.
- Develop and recommend reasonable assumptions. Apply as needed for actuarial calculations and/or financial projections. Leverage company data, industry data and/or any other information indicating a potential change in the future experience to support individual assumptions. Use actuarial models to understand and explain the impact of a change in assumptions. Ensure assumptions and sources of underlying data are well documented.
- Create, understand, validate and interpret complex financial models which may include models for reporting of assets, liabilities, solvency and profitability measures, product pricing and financial projections. Choose the appropriate assumptions and modeling approach while using the right tools and methods to maximize efficiency and accuracy. Analyze the results for reasonableness and explain the results of both deterministic and stochastic projections. Ensure proper model governance, peer review and documentation are completed. Provide leadership with developing and maintaining replication tools used for validation.
- Leverage knowledge of accounting standards and other reporting requirements covering insurance and assets backing liabilities to understand, analyze and explain the impact of product or assumptions changes on financial reporting. This includes balance sheets and income statements produced by actuarial models. Assist in interpreting and implementing changes in accounting and/or actuarial standards.
- Utilize spreadsheets, databases and other data analytic software as needed to perform data analysis and summarize, manipulate, transform and aggregate data efficiently and accurately. Perform checks to confirm the robustness of the data and analysis. Communicate clearly and effectively the key points of the analysis to management team.
- Understand concepts of relevant actuarial risks and the implications of failing to manage risk. Quantify risk exposure and use model projections to produce management information to measure and to monitor on-going experience. Assist in developing risk mitigation techniques to ensure risks are within acceptable SFG limits.
- Lead special projects as required. Effectively plan and prioritize your work in accordance with department and/or company objectives and priorities. Complete projects on time and with high standard and accuracy.
- Develop relationships and collaborate with other departments and business units. Communicate effectively with other actuarial teams to ensure consistency in modeling approaches and assumptions across actuarial functions. As needed, perform actuarial tasks to support other areas of the company. Develop relationships with others outside the Company, including outside vendors that provide services.
- Enhance and develop personal and professional skills through the Society of Actuaries’ exam or continuing education requirements. Attending actuarial-related conferences is strongly encouraged.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in the area of mathematics, or a business related field.
- FSA preferred. Will consider near-FSA actively pursuing completion of FSA or career ASA.
- Prefer at least 6-8 years of experience in the field of Actuarial Science.
- Extensive experience with actuarial modeling software, preferably MG-ALFA
- Prior experience with SQL and Visual Basic is desired
- Prior experience in a controlled Model Governance environment a plus
- Demonstrate a superior level of mathematical ability, attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present highly technical information to non- technical audiences.
- Ability to apply insurance industry knowledge, preferably in the fields of individual life and annuities.
- Ability to identify and direct the analysis of problems or questions and provide recommendations to appropriate audiences.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate strong computer skills including proficiency in the use of applicable technical tools.
- Highly organized with the demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and to switch priorities as necessary.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!