Instrument Maker And Repairer Job Description Sample
Journeyman Maintenance Repairer
Job Description Even if you’re not familiar with our name, you’ve almost certainly heard of our billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo. Developing the world’s favorite snacks, we’re passionate about creating delicious moments of joy for people all around the world.
Working at Mondelēz International is all about the power of big - and small. Why big? Because we’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum. We’re ranked #1 in chocolate, biscuits and candy, and #2 in gum. What’s more, we employ over 100,000 people worldwide and market products in around 165 countries. Why small? We go out of our way to hear everyone’s point of view, and develop local roots wherever we go.
It’s this combination of big and small that drives everything we do. For more information, please visit: http://www.mondelezinternational.com/ and www.facebook.com/mondelezinternational To provide maintenane coverage for production equipment, preform predictive and preventative maintenance.
Main Responsibilities "Maintenance Repairer (Electrical and Mechanical): This position is responsible for meeting machinery inspection, maintenance and repair requirements for assigned shift; includes the ongoing inspections and repair of all Mill machinery. Also provides mechanical and electrical technical assistance to install new machinery for Mill applications. 1.
Provides mechanical and electrical technical assistance to install new machinery and load-handling equipment, electrical troubleshooting, and provides all scheduled/non-scheduled maintenance and repair as required for assigned shift. 2. Provides on-call emergency repair service for all areas of the mill. 3. Provides all mechanical applications to adapt and install new machinery for Mill operations. 4.
Applies trade specialty skills where applicable and may be required to provide maintenance support in the areas of sheet metal layout, fabrication, buildings and grounds, weights and scales, welding, pipefitting, and electrical troubleshooting (PLC, I/O, electronics, motors, instruments) and repair. 5. Ability to read, study and review manuals, schematics and drawings and relevant literature to stay current on new equipment and the updating of existing equipment. 6. Completes preventive maintenance and safety inspections and reports status of equipment.
Consults with immediate supervisor concerning issues, unusual problems or developments and clarification on direction and scope of efforts. 7. Follows all applicable policies and procedures, including Safety, Quality and GMP’s.
Career Experiences Required & Role Implications
1. High school diploma or GED required 2.
At least 5 years of functional work experience 3. Candidates must have either an Electrical or Mechanical certification 4. Candidates must have a Journeyman's card 5.
Must be proficient in Windows Operating System 6. Ability to work any shift, weekends, & overtime to support business needs 7. This role will be on 2nd or 3rd shift" Key Leadership / Functional Competencies
Leadership Competency Problem solving Customer focus Self-knowledge Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.
Die Maker / Die Repair
Tier 1 automotive supplier is seeking an experienced Die Maker / Die Repair
- Maintain and repair current production
- New die construction
Candidates must have 5 years' experience with progressive dies, along with strong problem-solving skills.
Our manufacturing capabilities include; large metal stamping (600 ton), small and medium stamping (150 - 300 ton), resistant spot welding, robotic mig welding, tapping (in-die & off line), orbital peening (caulking), heat staking, riveting and intricate sub assemblies.
Our tool development capabilities include; progressive dies, checking fixtures, weld fixtures, assembly fixtures and dedicated machinery.
Tool And Die Maker / Die Repair
Our Company offers:
Tool and Die Repair / Die Maker
Tool Room Machinist
Tool Room VMC / Wire EDM
Desired background includes one or more:
Tool And Die Maker / Tool And Die Repair / Tool And Die Machinist
We are now Hiring for a permanent placement for Tool and Die Makers / Tool and Die Repair / Tool and Die Machinist positions Located in Middleburg Heights Ohio.
- 1st and 2nd shift positions available
- Pay rate up to $27 Hr depending on experience
- Must have a certificate for die repair
- Mechanically inclined
- Tool &
- Perform die repairs as necessary in or out of press
- Trouble shoot tooling issues during production
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Perform continuous improvement on all tooling
- Assist production with die setup as required
- Assist production with process modifications and adjustments: Transfer fingers as required
- Support production department in die setup
- Perform tooling run off, tooling try out and quality part run off as required
- Perform tooling incoming and outgoing inspections
- Assist with the safe evaluation of any technically related question in support of production.
- Must be conscientious when making changes to dies and identify possible interferences. Also to identify areas of concern that may be effected and communicate findings clearly as they are encountered.
- Must communicate stages of work if left uncompleted and leave written notation for fellow toolmakers to pick up and follow through for continued completion.
- Must have basic welding skill for fabrication and competently weld basic tool steel imperfections for in press repairs.
- Must have in press repair and adjustment abilities to provide production support and awareness of safety approaches when repairing nitrogen spring and related lifting hardware assemblies.
- Should be able to perform any operation in a die build with little or no supervision.
- Should produce work in time conscious/critical manner.
- Required to produce good quality work in keeping with a professional tool maker
- Should be reliable and work with little or no supervision.
- Should be able to grasp instructions easily and ask appropriate question to ensure understanding of what is required.
- Should also have the ability to make logical decisions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Should be well equipped with tools.
- Must know all drill press operations such as; drill sharpening, clamping setups, speeds and feeds, spotting holes, tap drill sizes, reamer drill sizes, clearance drill sizes, spade drilling, drilling hardened material, etc.
- Should know all milling machine operations such as; clamping setups, speed and feeds, being able to machine blocks to a given size, how to machine different steels types, how to machine blocks square, etc.
- Should know surface grinding operations such as; selecting a proper wheel, securing work properly, use of a magnetic sine plate, bring a piece to +/- .001, grinding bronze, how to side wheel, plunge grinding, how to use a radius dresser, use of a whirly jig, etc.
- Should know how to Blanchard grind correctly such as; proper dressing of the stones, supporting tall work, how to use head tilt, how to shim pieces properly, stone replacement, etc.
- Should know all machining operations on a Bridgeport such as: indicating the head square; conventional and climb milling; controlling back lash; edge finding; use of table readouts; boring head use; fly cutting and end milling hardened material; proper speeds and feeds; machining pockets square and to size; machining key-ways; etc.
- Must know all press operations such as: how does each press work; all safety procedures; how to get dies in and out of the press; how to clamp dies correctly; how to raise and lower ram; proper use of safety stands; proper press shutdown procedures; shut height on a tool; how to adjust the Ram properly; etc.
- Must know all lathe operations such as: startup procedures; drilling operations; parallel turning; polishing; how to end face; how to sharpen a lathe bit; how to face a shoulder; how to turn a thread; how to turn a taper; how to use a live center; etc.
- Should know how to saw steel properly such as: proper blade for stock thickness; blade installation; how to weld a blade; setting guides properly; proper speed and feed; etc.
- Should have excellent bench skills such as: basic blue print reading; use of a height gauge; use of a sine plate; use of files; vernier and caliper reading; use of telescopic gauges; use of gauge blocks, hand drilling, how to use radius gauges, set punches, fitting cam slides, fitting sections to pockets, fitting sections onto keys etc.
- Should have good hand grinding skills such as: proper use of a disc grinder
Tool And Die Maker - Tool, Die, Plastic, Toolmaker, Repair
Tool and Die Maker
Tool, die, plastic, toolmaker, repair Tool and Die Maker
Tool, die, plastic, toolmaker, edm
Tool Making, Die Making, Plastics, Tool Repair, Lathes, CNC Machine Operation, EDM Machines, Grinding, MasterCAM, Injection Molds Based in Gardena, CA, we are an internationally-renown plastic component manufacturer that is looking for another Tool and Die Maker/Machinist to set up and operate conventional and numerical control CNC machines.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
Competitive compensation package including overtime! - Join our vibrant company culture that people find rewarding with an average tenure in excess of 10 years!
Comprehensive benefits package including 401k match, PTO and Profit Sharing! - Healthcare coverage for you and your family
What You Will Be Doing - Analyze blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements. Plan sequence of operations, visualizing shape of mold in reverse of product.
Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
Identifie machining specifications to set up and operate machines such as numerical EDM, CNC mill, lathe, manual mills, surface grinders, band saws, etc. Select and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, and EDMs.
Calculate and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
What You Need for this Position At Least 3 Years of experience and knowledge of:
CNC Machine Operation
Grinding Apply now (strongly encouraged) or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Applicant for Tool and Die Maker in Gardena". Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Tool and Die Maker
- Tool, die, plastic, toolmaker, repair* CA-GardenaDK1-1419017
Die Maker Die Repair
ISG -Opportunity for Die Maker/Die Repair in Detroit, MI Area!!
A local company with a facility in the Detroit, MI area is currently seeking a Die Maker/Die Repairman for a Contract to Hire opportunity with their growing team. This is an exciting opportunity for Die Repairman seeking a 1st shift opportunity with a company that offers excellent leadership, development, and competitive rates.
Die Repairman rates are anticipated to be based on each candidates experience and education. All well qualified candidates will be considered regardless of pay rate. We offer excellent benefits including great medical, dental, etc.
Qualified Die Repairman will have most, if not all, of the following skills and experience:
" 3+ years' experience in the field of die repair, preferably metal stampings, and working knowledge of bench repair, assembly, machinery, tooling design, and various types of toolroom equipment including lathes, mills, powered hand tools and grinders.
" 2 + years' experience working with both Progressive and Transfer Die Presses. Experience working with high strength metals, aluminum, and stainless steel required.
" Able to troubleshoot die related issues and perform repairs and installations as necessary, implement countermeasures to increase equipment uptime, and perform preventative maintenance.
" Must be able to work in the United States (no H-1 sponsorship or student visas considered).
" Must be able to complete standard pre-hire checks including background, drug screen, references, etc.
Repair Technician - Temp
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft cabin interior products and solutions. For more information, visit the B/E Aerospace website at www.beaerospace.com Our Lenexa facility specializes the production of Oxygen Life Support Systems and Galley Inserts Beverage Maker Products. Our Oxygen and Beverage Maker small parts assembly manufacturing, focuses on safety and quality products production into the field for aircraft crew and passengers. As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Temporary Repair Technician in our Beverage Maker Products business located in Lenexa, Kansas. JOB SUMMARY Reporting to the Repair Station Supervisor, the Repair Technician repairs and services company products and components. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Tracks, disassembles and checks incoming units to determine what service or repairs are necessary.
Inspects condition of equipment and components for proper maintenance under warranty agreements.
Cleans and tests parts; operates soldering and brazing equipment to refit components.
Sets-up, calibrates and operates test equipment to measure performance levels of electrical and mechanical components.
Orders replacement components and parts as needed.
Tracks and logs repair work and completed work orders.
Cleans and maintains work areas and shop equipment. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
One year certificate from college or technical school;
At least one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. REQUIREMENT This is an FAA-covered position. In this position you are subject to drug and alcohol testing prior to starting in the position and to an Anti-Drug and Alcohol random testing program throughout your employment in the Repair Station. QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Repair And Service Technician - Carpenter
Building Material Distributors, Inc. has an opportunity for an experienced Repair & Service Technician based out of Solano County for our Marvin division, a premier provider of made-to-order windows and doors. This position is responsible for travelling to job sites, homes and dealer showrooms to provide post sales warranty service to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the warranty service process.
- Conducting field evaluations
- Repairing window and door products
- Completing written reports and photo documentation of field service findings
- Maintaining service vehicle, tools and parts inventory
- Effectively utilize online resources to identify parts and enter field reports
Qualifications for this position include:
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to assess and problem solve
- Experience in window and door repair or related experience in the construction industry, such as finish carpentry, trim carpentry, cabinet maker, furniture maker or repair, molding and trim work, woodworking, millwork, finisher/painter/stainer preferred
- Proficient with using power tools safely and effectively
- Strong customer service orientation with professional and effective written and verbal communication skills, including excellent listening skills
- Comfortable and calm working under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Highly accurate, attentive to details, organized and dependable
- Satisfactory driving record
- Able to lift and carry 75 lbs
- Able to pass drug test and background check
Employee Owners share in the company's profitability through its Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). The ESOP ownership concept starts at orientation and continues throughout the Employee Owner's career at BMD. The Company supports a collaborative team work environment, open two-way communication, balanced family-work life, and performance-based recognition and rewards.
Since becoming an ESOP organization in 1991, BMD has earned various awards and has been recognized by the ESOP community both regionally and nationally. Annually we recognize a select group of employees who exemplify employee ownership and serve as role models for others. We also provide hands-on and financial support to our communities.
Two Retirement Plans:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
401(K) Plan with a Company Match
Long-term Disability Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Plan (FSA)
Paid Time Off:
College Scholarships for Dependents
Discounted Product Purchases
Employee Referral Program
Length of Service Awards
Spare Parts Inventory Coordinator (Watch Repair Company)
High-end watch maker is seeking a Workshop Coordinator to oversee the workflow of watch repair orders and to maintain inventory of the spare parts department. Position ensures work orders and repair orders for luxury watches are processed efficiently to produce the highest level of quality work in a timely manner. This is full-time "perm" position located in downtown Dallas.
Salary: Up to $33,00 for 1-3 years work experience, Up to $36,000 for 3+ years industry or similar experience + Full Benefits paid for by Employer, 20 vacation days
Duties: Prioritize and assign work orders to watch Technicians, monitor work orders to ensure work is completed by deadline, distribute work to Technicians based on their availability and their upcoming deadlines, pre-pick watch parts for each work order, visually inspect watches before assigning to a Technician, ensure information on the work orders or transfer orders is correct, verify and match serial numbers on paperwork to the watch received, accurately and thoroughly input notes into database, monitor spare parts inventory, count inventory on a regular basis to ensure accuracy, answer any questions regarding the status of a work order, update customer service reps as needed so they can update the client, trouble shoot and resolve any issue with work orders.
Basic math and computer skills, Alpha/numeric filing, type 40 wpm, eye-hand coordination, willingness to learn basic watch related repairs and tasks, highly detail oriented, minimum of 1-3 years of work experience.
Mold Repair (Plastic) /Tool & Die
The main functions of this position is to repair, build, and maintain molds, fixtures, and all other tooling related to the manufacture and assembly of plastics
-Strong background in mold repair (plastic injection, blow molds and/or die cast) -ability to read tool and die designs for engineering changes -basic shop math -must have strong mechanical aptitude -must be able to work with minimal supervision -ability to operate and set up standard tool room equipment and machinery Tool machinery includes: lathes, milling machine, surface grinders, drill press, saws, hand tools, overhead crane, forklift, precision measurement tools. Benefits include… · Paid Holidays · Medical Insurance · Aflac · Life Insurance Please email resumes – Attn Mold Maker
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!