Insurance Checker Job Description Sample
salary:$14 per hour
date posted:Friday, February 23, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
Our client in Tempe is looking for a Policy Checker to meet both their customer's and their own expectations for content, accuracy and completeness of policies by collecting, reviewing and analyzing new and recently renewed policies.
Primary job responsibilities include:
Meet personal and group production and quality goals and expectations.
Works primarily with Commercial Lines policies, and occasionally Personal/Private Risk policies.
Navigate multiple computer systems, and programs to review and analyze new and renewal insurance policies.
Checking policy details for discrepancies, errors or omissions against related documents, e.g. Prior policies, Binders, Proposals, Quotes, Endorsements
Requires quick decision making with a high volume of complex to highly complex customer policies and documents.
Ability to leverage technology and training to quickly identify, research, problem solve and notate policy discrepancies.
Work closely with Account Representatives and Field Offices to communicate and resolve questions or issues as they arise. Professional email and phone etiquette is a must.
Work with team mates and managers to ensure expeditious responses to inquiries or requests, providing the highest level of customer service
Assist manager and team members with various initiatives and tasks as assigned.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
--Confidently navigate multiple computer programs and systems
--Working knowledge of Microsoft programs: Word, Excel, Outlook
--Familiarity working with various file types: PDF, DOCX, XLSX, HTML, etc.
--High attention to detail in reviewing insurance documents
--Multitasking and Prioritizing in a time sensitive high volume production and quality environment
If you believe you would be a good fit for this role, please send your resume directly to .
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
CNC Programmer - Checker
- Primary responsibility will be checking CNC programs to detail blueprints for accuracy. Also, successful candidate may be required to generate CNC programs on an as-needed basis.
- Working knowledge of structural steel blueprints.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Peddimat helpful, training may be provided.
- Knowledge of industry practices and standards.
- Experience identifying drawing deficiencies, omissions, or other errors and able to recommend corrective action.
- Ability to work under general direction and provide precise feed back to correct programming errors.
- Capable of producing accurate results while working in a dynamic environment balancing multiple schedule-critical deadlines.
- Ability to interact with Production and Project Management to produce necessary RFI's.
Checker - Part Time Position Sunday 10Am -- 4Pm, Monday, Thursday & Friday 1Pm- 7Pm.
Part time position Sunday 10am -- 4pm, Monday, Thursday & Friday 1pm- 7pm.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Checker is responsible for verifying selected outbound orders for accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Check each order as instructed prior to it being loaded for delivery
* Check for accuracy of pack size, label, splits or cases by using invoice copy.
* Report all errors to immediate supervisor.
* Check for clean, undamaged product.
* Comply with safety policies and procedures.
* Wear required personal protective equipment.
* Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively to clients, customers or employees. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be conscientious, diplomatic, and detail-oriented. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations (e.g., customer complaints, time pressures). Walkie and/or rider pallet jack skills. Experience with forklift operation or other power equipment preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS:
Rider pallet jack certification
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
If you're looking for challenge, growth, and genuine job satisfaction, then look to Maines!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Maines broadline distribution is the ideal foodservice solution for single-unit and regional chain restaurants, educational and healthcare institutions, convenience stores, country clubs, camps, and more. The Maines broadline distribution center serves businesses throughout the Northeast – from Upstate New York to Northern Pennsylvania and beyond.
As a Maines customer, you'll work closely with a highly trained Maines Account Manager, customizing a foodservice plan based upon your unique needs. Your Account Manager alerts you of the latest product information, availability, and pricing and makes bottom-line boosting recommendations. We share your spirit of unrelenting excellence and have the resources and experience to help bring your foodservice operation to the next level.
At Maines, we view our relationship with you as a partnership. We’re 100% committed to your success. Stand out from the competition with high-quality, consistent food service products.
We are currently seeking individuals to become an integral part of our team! Experience is helpful but not required.
- Welcome and identify customer needs
- Explain products and services to customers
- Monitor inventory to ensure product is in stock
- Enter and process customer orders
- Previous experience in sales or customer service is not required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
Checker Loader - Shipping
Responsible for operating material handling equipment such as forklift (propane and/or electric), hand trucks, and pallet jacks to load and unload rail cars following the company’s quality standards in a safe efficient manner. This position performs general maintenance and clean-up of work area.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for adherence to company policies including safety and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Examines incoming and outgoing materials. Compares shipments with records, (such as manifests, invoices or orders) to verify accuracy before receiving or shipping products.
- Prepares documents, such as work orders, bills of lading and shipping orders to route materials.
- Records shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability and damages and discrepancies for purposes of reporting, accounting and record keeping.
- Works closely with team to rectify any discrepancies with damaged product, shortages and nonconformance to quality specifications.
- Loads rail cars, containers, flat beds and any other form of transportation of Malarkey materials.
- Operates lift truck in the yard moving material around and following FIFO procedures.
- Performs light quality control to ensure products are going to the correct areas.
- Performs general cleanup and maintenance of your work area. Maintains storage areas in efficient and orderly manner.
- Responsible for proper handling of materials and equipment to minimize the potential for damage and injury.
- Assists and directs drivers as they navigate through yard for loading and unloading.
- Participates in various projects in the yard as assigned by lead or supervisor.
- Communicates with various departments in the company on product and inventory levels.
- Responsible for adherence to company policies including safety and the use of personal protective equipment.
All employees are expected to perform any reasonable work request that falls within the qualifications but not specifically described.
Malarkey Roofing Products has identified a set of core competencies that are common across the company. Employees are expected to demonstrate proficiencies in the following.
Commitment to Safety and Health
Observes safety and health procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly; takes personal responsibility for safety.
Quality of Work
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality standards are met.
Makes customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; identifies and develops relationship needs and customer desires; communicates professionally and effectively with all customer interactions.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with alternative plan; meets attendance and timeliness standards.
Cooperation and Teamwork
Works effectively with others regardless of organizational level, background, gender, race, religion or ethnicity. Demonstrates personal commitment to team goals handles differences in work styles effectively when working with others, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
When you join the Malarkey family, you have access to enhanced health care designed to keep you and your family healthy for today and for the future. Malarkey also offers financial wellness planning and contributions to your retirement plant. Our program allows our employees to thrive and achieve success both at work and in their personal lives.
QC Random Checker
Headquartered in Singapore, Giti Tire is a global tire company, fully integrated across R&D, manufacturing, and distribution serving consumers in over 130 countries around the world. The Giti Tire Manufacturing (USA) , Ltd. is proud to be the first North American plant and will produce passenger and light truck tires for the replacement and original equipment markets.
QC Random Check is responsible for the review, development and performing internal audits and reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed will include focusing on operational processes.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Perform activities that involve issuing reports, conducting product quality audits, issuing and dispositioning product holds, maintaining and interpreting product, process and material specifications related to maintaining and improving the product quality within the manufacturing process.
- Performs Quality sampling throughout the facility to ensure conforming product.
- Support the creation and maintenance of product and process Standards/Technical specifications to insure compliance with requirements. Audit for compliance
- Learn and apply all relevant safety requirements applicable to personal behaviors and process standards.
- Effectively communicate relevant standards/technical information with all levels in the plant organization, both inside and outside the function.
- Develop the ability to tailor the communications appropriately for various audiences.
- Participate in teams working to improve performance using standard Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Perform layered process audits, update databases as requested.
- Work experience in more than one manufacturing plant preferred
- Work experience in multiple functions at the plant is preferred
- Performed technical work in plant recently (within 10 years).
- Detailed knowledge of how work is accomplished in a plant.
- Good interpersonal skills. Understanding of products & processes.
- Knowledge of corporate functional relationships.
- Ability to organize, coordinate & communicate information in area of expertise.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED. Prefer Associates degree in Chemistry or laboratory science; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 1 year work experience
- Minimum 2 years of manufacturing experience
- Ability to learn quickly and to apply knowledge on practical problem solving
Our family-owned company started in 1951 making bicycle tires and inner tubes in Indonesia. In 1981, the company began making passenger and commercial tires. In 1993, we opened our first tire plant in China and have grown to seven tire plants in China, making 140,700 tires a day and employing 19,000. We also own almost 50 percent of Gajah Tunggal tire company in Indonesia. The combined output of the Chinese and Indonesian plants makes Giti the 10th largest tire company by production volume.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The freight checker has the primary responsibility of maintaining accurate inventory levels and ensuring the highest quality for all scheduled shipments to our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles records of amount, kind, and condition of cargo loaded on or unloaded from ship.
- Verifies amount of cargo against lists compiled from bills of lading or shipping manifests.
- Records condition of damaged cargo unloaded from ship.
- May prepare stowage plan showing location of cargo stowed.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner.
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; and uses equipment and materials properly.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of RF Scanning Systems.
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly adapt to changing conditions and solve problems immediately.
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits the ability to work well with others and maintain organization between cross-related departments.
- Displays the ability to multitask and handle multiple issues at the same time without stress.
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions with supervision.
- Manage own time effectively to maximize performance and execution.
Marcal firmly believes that strong customer relationships are essential for long-term success, and is committed to understanding our customers needs and ensuring that we satisfy them. We support the principles of quality and service with the most accessible and responsive sales team in the business.
For more than 60 years, Marcal's manufacturing facilities have produced a wide range of paper solutions with a commitment to stewardship of our environment. The company developed and implemented technology for recycling waste paper into pulp over six decades ago, making it one of the earliest companies in the paper products industry to go green, before it was fashionable. Today, we offer a broad line of 100% recycled bath tissue, paper towels, napkins and facial tissue for both home and commercial use, all manufactured without chlorine bleaching, fragrances or dyes. The company uses more than 200,000 tons of recyclable paper each year in its manufacturing process, and since 2000, has saved nearly 2.4 million trees annually. In 2009, we received the Corporate Citizen Award from the Reeves-Reed Arboretum for our paper recycling efforts and advocacy, and continue to be recognized throughout the industry for our commitment to environmental stewardship.
Structural Design Checker
Structural Design Checker
Long term Contract
$40-$42 per hour
- Marine Design experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Structural Steel required
- CADworx or AutoCAD 3D required.
Service Checker P/T
Do you enjoy chatting with different Customers every day? H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while making our Customers feel welcome. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As a Checker, you will get to know our Customers, and treat them to excellent service and community spirit. As a reward for your efforts, we offer lots of opportunities, great pay, flexible hours, fantastic benefits, and the training and education you need to learn, grow, and move your career forward.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... commitment to work hard to make sure People come first?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... excellent customer service skills and a desire to serve?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... willingness to go above and beyond to help your Customers and your work Team?
We are looking for:
an ability to work in a fast-paced environment while keeping focused on the Customer
dependability and attention to detail
What is the work?
Provides superior customer service; looks for ways to go above and beyond what our Customers expect
Answers product-related questions for customers, and offers additional or alternative products and services
Processes customer transactions of goods and services
Collects cash, check, or charge payment from customer and makes change for cash transactions
Uses electronic scanner to record prices
Weighs items, bags merchandise, and redeems food stamps and promotional coupons
Monitors and manages potential front-end shrink
Performs the duties of Customer Service Assistant frequently
What is your background?
Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Previous customer service experience
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Checker?
Courteous, energetic, and helpful attitude
Precision in scanning and keying; attention to detail
Ability to get along with others
Function in a fast-paced, retail environment, in detailed and precise tasks
Work with Customers, staying attentive to their needs
Constantly* stand, reach at waist, perform fine motor movements
Occasionally walk, reach overhead, reach at shoulder, reach at knee, reach at floor, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, stair climb, pivot, twist, push / pull with arms, pinch
Occasionally be exposed to cold, hot, loud noise, and wet conditions
Demonstrate the ability to lift 35 lbs, and manage in excess of 35 lbs. It is the responsibility of each individual Partner to never lift beyond his or her own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.
Successfully complete Checker training and Alcohol Seller's training
While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as--Constantly: 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
LSG Sky Chefs is the world's largest provider of airline catering, and caters 270 airlines from almost 190 in-flight kitchens in 48 countries. Come work for an industry leader… Join our Family, make this a career… we welcome the best and brightest, and we want you!
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: The Checker position is responsible for proper checking of all Customer food and equipment trolleys in preparation for full catering by Drivers
DESCRIPTION of JOB DUTIES:
- Auditing Trolleys (Carts) and combine all components for assigned meal flights
- Complete CP10 logs for temp readings
- Maintains sanitation standards in accordance with Co. policy and USDA/FDA/HACCP regulations
- Fixing any errors on items on trolleys
- Ensure established guidelines and diagrams are followed
- ØDocument and correct flight errors, and report any errors to supervisor immediately
- Other duties as required
JOBS SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid Drivers License with safe driving record (CDL preferred)
- Must be able to read, write, speak English and poses basic math skills
- Must have ability to apply safety and sanitation standards, work around moving parts & wet floors
- Ability to walk, stoop, bend, bend, reach , and stand for 8 hours a day as required
- Ability use pallet jack and Co. Truck
- Ability to use fingers and hands to handle equipment
- Must be flexible to work in a 24/7 environment
- Ability to work extreme hot/cold environments daily
- Ability to push/pull 50 lbs. daily as required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as required
- Excellent attendance/Punctuality record
- Safe work record
- Must have strong analytical, verbal, written, and interpersonal , organizational skills and be adaptable to frequent changes
- Free Hot Lunch - Everyday
- Free Parking Paid Time Off
- Major Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Co. paid Life Insurance & STD
- Matching 401K
- Co. paid uniforms
- Overtime available
We also accept walk-in applications Mon-Fri from 9AM – 4PM at 8401 Escort Street, Phila., PA 19153
Why work with us...
When you choose LSG Group, you get more than just our extensive catalog of products and services at the best possible value. You also get a partner with longstanding experience and skill, advanced market intelligence and a proven track record that demonstrates an ethical commitment to our customers, their customers and the planet at large.
Specific benefits include:
•Culinary excellence: At the heart of LSG Group, the global Culinary Excellence network, with hundreds of top chefs from more than 50 countries, provides top-quality culinary experiences every day and everywhere.
•Commitment to quality: Continuous inspection and monitoring ensures the products and services we provide meet and exceed all expectations in terms of quality, efficiency, reliability, durability and, most important of all, safety.
•Cutting-edge operations: Take advantage of the cutting-edge of production capability. We continually develop new techniques and solutions to further increase productivity and efficiency.
•Advanced consumer insight: Want to know what your customers are thinking? LSG Group listens to consumers, carries out market research and monitors global trends as they emerge.
•Social responsibility: In LSG Group, you'll find a partner that keeps a watchful eye on the environment, promotes diversity within a safe and fair workplace, and emphasizes ethics and transparency in all of our business activities.
•Award-winning: You don't need to just take our word for it. From the prestigious Medina Quality Award for our food to the “Good Design” Award for onboard equipment, LSG Group constantly receives recognition from independent organizations and the people who count most – our customers.
Come visit us in Philadelphia... and Join our Family!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!